After all Rowly knows him remember.

Come on Rowly spill the beans and I'll buy you a hot dog! Very Happy Very Happy
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Predictions for Evesham

Post  porrohman on Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:11 am

I think it was when Rowly actually stated on this very forum that Mrs Moor was actually a Solihoof fan then stated he was a Moor Green fan before that...and he tells us he doesn't know him.
Yeah right.
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  arsene on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:10 am

arsene wrote:Back to predictions!

I hate to be pessimistic but I think this may be the beginning of the end, so to speak.

Reds 0 - Eve's ham and Chips 2 Att 213

Glad to say I got it totally wrong. Great performance by the whole team.
arsene
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:16 am

arsene wrote:
arsene wrote:Back to predictions!

I hate to be pessimistic but I think this may be the beginning of the end, so to speak.

Reds 0 - Eve's ham and Chips 2 Att 213

Glad to say I got it totally wrong. Great performance by the whole team.

It was a good performance and good to see it at long last. Evesham were absolutely shocking but you can only beat who you play against!
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born on Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:50 am

Evesham were poor but first 30 was the best if seen Redditch play for a few seasons! Excellent performance!!

I had said in the past Lee Hendree was washed up, I take that back, although he drifted out the game the longer it went on he was a class act today! Well done lads
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommo on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:08 pm

What an important victory!!! the 1st half was best attacking football I have seen from reds this season. Lee Hendrie was a massive help today some great vision and great connection with his bro. But evesham were sh*t to be fair.
I thought it was nice to hear 380 attendance Very Happy

afro was great (again) Banana sex
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:18 pm

Tommo played out his skin he even headed the ball 3 TIMES!!!! Very Happy
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommo on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:32 pm

redditch born wrote:Tommo played out his skin he even headed the ball 3 TIMES!!!! Very Happy

I know it was amazing for a man of his stature Very Happy
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:36 pm

I pretty much agree with what’s been said so far. Evesham were shocking today, the worst I’ve seen at the Valley so far this season….but we can only beat what’s in front of us!

Lee Hendrie was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch today….and I don’t think he was anywhere near his best. He did fade as the game went on, indeed my only criticism is that he wasn’t involved as much as he could have been. As impressive as he was, he needs good players around him…something we lack. I can only guess on what he is being paid, but on today’s performance it’s money well spent.

Decent crowd. It makes a nice change to actually win in front of a good attendance!! We are far from safe, but the league table looks a little less uncomfortable this evening.
del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:54 pm

Great first half, the game should have been over by half time. Was impressed with Lee Hendrie, worked hard and his quality gave us some creativity that has often been missing. As has been said Evesham were poor, the worst side I've seen us play this season. On that showing they are down. Thought we went off the boil second half a little. Great finish by Jamie Grimes for the third, stick him up front with Jimmy !

Good crowd, judging by the ragged slight cheer that greeted their goal very few from Evesham so good to see plenty of 'local' support. Must have been a fair few down today who haven't been for a while. If we are to progress back up the league we need that sort of attendance every game really.

I stayed behind for a few minutes and it was good to see the players go over and acknowledge the supporters, it seemed like a pretty 'united' group to me, not quite what Mrs Moor would have us believe. Good job I didn't go all the way to Stratford to see Joe Halsall play, there he was right in the middle of our midfield !

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:58 pm

Good win for the Reds, I was at probably the worst match I've seen this season - Cirencester 0-1 Bashley - was all set for a 0-0 until an inswinging free kick was left by everyone and nestled in the bottom corner near the end handing Bash a much needed win. Two poor sides on the day mind, it was really really bad!

Swindon all of a sudden have hope, great win over Stour, Banbury still dropping like a stone - Evesham still have hope as they play the two sides I saw today - credit to Bash for their win, but neither side convinced.

I stand by what I said several months ago - Redditch won't go down.
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:11 pm

Mrs Moor... why did Joey play for Redditch today? Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter

Brilliant day! Great crowd, great performance!

And... not a single mention about the pitch... funny how that never even enters the mind when we win? Wink *Follow all the posts about the pitch Fishing )

No complaints at all today!

Mrs. Moor whimped out by not turning up Wink
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker on Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:15 pm

I've not seen much of Redditch this season, today was only my fifth game of the campaign, but I thought it was a really entertaining game, with better quality than I've seen since we got relegated. Both Hendries played well and linked up excellently, and Stuart's flying header that went just wide in the first half would have been a contender for goal of the season if it had been just a little to the right. Grimes was superb at the back, and scored a cracker to put us 3-0 up after about an hour - his persistence on the right side of their box paid off as he won back the ball and drilled a low shot from the angle past their keeper, who had an absolute mare, gifting Lee H the second goal when he tried to hold onto a lob rather than touching it over the bar, only to drop the ball when he collided with the post.

Away from the action on the pitch, I have to say as an occasional visitor, I would definitely be deterred from coming back by the ridiculous amount of time it took to get served at the snack bar. I started queuing as the second half kicked off, and was still there over fifteen minutes later. If I didn't live so far away, I would be the kind of person that the club would be targetting to try and get through the gate more often, but standing in a queue for that length of time is without doubt a black mark - I remember how we used to complain about Chris and Reg's mobile snack van when I first started coming to the Valley, and it's a real disappointment to see that more than a dozen years later and with a purpose-built facility, nothing has improved. I'm going to send these comments directly to the club as well, hopefully they can find a way to make the service more efficient as it was really the only thing that spoiled an otherwise very enjoyable afternoon. Well, that and the ref.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker on Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:20 pm

rawlings09 wrote:And... not a single mention about the pitch... funny how that never even enters the mind when we win? Wink *Follow all the posts about the pitch Fishing )

Except for Stuart Hendrie's miss when through on goal in the first half, when he was forced to shoot as the ball just wouldn't stop bobbling...

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:12 pm

I said a while back that we needed experience in the team and Lee Hendrie has filled the void perfectly IMO.
Alot of people were sceptical about his arrival, but after watching both games he has been a great influence on the rest of the team.
Links up superbly with his bro Stu, they must run through routines the night before because they know exactly where each other are within a split second.
The most convincing result I've seen this season, and yes Evesham were poor, but we were very decent.
Great support from the cedar road, we need that every week!
Well done all, chuffed to bits!!
UTR!!!

Admin

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:33 pm

The kitchen is an absolute nightmare, I went for a drink at the sart of the game and it took 10 minutes! Absolute joke....

That place needs to be ran so it makes money and that means serving people quickly and efficiently. The queue at half time never seemed to go down......

The football on offer from Evesham was farcical, the keeper was shite deluxe!

I bet even Rowley enjoyed it Wink

Good to see some old regulars there as well
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:14 pm

Took one look at the queue and went hungry! Biggest queue i've seen for a long long time!

Why wasn't that tiny burger bar at the far end open? May have relieved some of the stress...

The attendance seemed more than what it was, but maybe that's because we're not used to seeing big crowds! Laughing

Nice to see a little queue to see Lee Hendrie and get some signatures from him, villa fans who have probably supported them for 30 years+ probably would never have got that close to him and i'm sure his presence helped the crowd, not to mention he's class Wink

A crowd like that every week would be brilliant, most were redditch fans, some were lee hendrie fans, and less were evesham fans! A win on monday to follow this up will be brilliant!
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:27 am

porrohman wrote:I think it was when Rowly actually stated on this very forum that Mrs Moor was actually a Solihoof fan then stated he was a Moor Green fan before that...and he tells us he doesn't know him.
Yeah right.

Does that mean I know him?
I know youre a Redditch supporter, please dont tell me that means I know you too!
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:44 am

FIRST OFF; WELL DONE REDDITCH. Great 3points!

RB I agree Evesham were poor for the 1st 30, I thought they were shocking 2nd 30, and probably back to poor for the final 30!
1 of THE worse sides Ive seen at any level for a long time.
No stand out player, no stand out moment, no standout move. Looked like majority of their side couldnt pass a ball or play football properly if their life depended on it

But as Leethall rightly said, you can only beat whats infront of you, and Redditch were by far the better side all game, and even played some decent stuff. I disagree with DELBOY about Lee being head and shoulders our best player. I think that may be a case of most people just watching him closer than others, I infact thought Stuart had a better game, but without EX villa and England following his name Im sure Lee will take all the limelight. To be fair Lee played very well himself with some lovely vision and passing.

It wasnt just a HENDRIE show though, I thought others done jobs they are expected to do well enough against the opposition and thats all you can ask, game by game.

YOUTUBE moment though has to be the 2nd goal and their keeper! I thought he looked ridiculous enough in short sleeves, but his calamity involvement in the 2nd goal was legendary!

I do hope its a victory that secures divisional safety, and in doing so the lads can maybe start to relax a little more during the forth coming games and play without the pressure of a long old season and start to enjoy themselves and play with some freedom in the games.
Good crowd, and without getting hungry during the game, and RB not buying me a hotdog I cannot and will not jump on the snack bar band wagon Very Happy
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman on Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:18 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:
porrohman wrote:I think it was when Rowly actually stated on this very forum that Mrs Moor was actually a Solihoof fan then stated he was a Moor Green fan before that...and he tells us he doesn't know him.
Yeah right.

I know youre a Redditch supporter, please dont tell me that means I know you too!

Columbo has nothing on you Rowly! You have deduced from the fact I post on a Redditch United Supporters forum I'm a Redditch Supporter.
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:38 am

porrohman wrote:
ROWLY1971 wrote:
Yeah right.

Columbo has nothing on you Rowly! You have deduced from the fact I post on a Redditch United Supporters forum I'm a Redditch Supporter.

Yes but Mrs Moor posts on a.........oh wait.

Admin

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman on Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:37 am

What a great day. Rowly has it spot on, I thought Stu Hendrie was better yesterday, the link up play between the two was brilliant , not only the long balls but the little 'round the corner' touches. I thought Lee brought the best out of Jimmy, he was immense yesterday. Great atmosphere in the Cedar, been a while since I had to move because there were : people in front of me and I couldn't see! Evesham were by far the WORST side I've seen this season. 3-0 and your bets gone down !!! Mentions to Grimesy..a great match and goal, Alex, and my MOM the Cedar Rd!! Just like the old days, so pleased Steve was there to see it as well...loved it!
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:59 am

A good performance against a very poor Evesham side. Still you can only beat what is in front of you.

Lots of plusses ..... Lee Hendrie and his link ups with his brother. Grimes goal for number 3, a well taken goal.

The joy of everyone when Lee scored goal number 2 (fantastic)

Good attendance lots of noise from the Cedar Road. (just like the old days)

A few negatives............. but these can be alleviated. The White Kiosk on the canopy side should have been

opened selling drinks etc, may have shortened the queues at the food bar.

Why we sat back in the second half when we should have gone for the kill. But Hey we won, and 3 points.

Come on you Reds.
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:04 am

Mrs Moor wrote:
porrohman wrote:Funny how a certain Joey Halsall trained with us tonight..suggest you sack your mole inside the club Mrs Moor.

You said he had left the club porrohman not me, i said he would be playing for Stratford on Saturday.

Whoops!!! I could have sworn he was playing for REDDITCH and not STRATFORD yesterday.
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:03 am

Great game, great performance, great result, great atmosphere.

Spoke to Mr Chairman and the gaffer after the game....open, honest and very professional.

Defense was awesome...Grimes on contract and what a great decision that will prove to be.

Wonderful to be in the Cedar Road with all the great guys and girls.....fantastic banter and great support.

Hendries goal celebration showed passion and pride...with the gaffer jumping over the top of all the players...brilliant.

Great day for the Reds all round. cheers
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top