Predictions for Bashley

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Predictions for Bashley

Post  redditch born on Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:14 am

The lack of quality drove me to despair yesterday your right to many on there kicking the ball in the general direction of another player as you all know I don't like the way Barcelona play ( would send me to sleep zzzzzzzzz) but I would like to see somebody pass the bl**day ball to another player!!!

If you look at this level you will only rarely see a team with 8 or 9 good players if you got 5 or 6 you will do well very well, they will carry the not so good. Unfortunately for us only got a couple and it shows big time! Any doubters look at the table?

All I can say is thank god the sun was out!! Or it could of been a very cold day???

On the plus side team spirit seems good work rate was excellent! to late this season but we need a little quality
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:34 am

redditch born wrote:The lack of quality drove me to despair yesterday your right to many on there kicking the ball in the general direction of another player as you all know I don't like the way Barcelona play ( would send me to sleep zzzzzzzzz) but I would like to see somebody pass the bl**day ball to another player!!!

If you look at this level you will only rarely see a team with 8 or 9 good players if you got 5 or 6 you will do well very well, they will carry the not so good. Unfortunately for us only got a couple and it shows big time! Any doubters look at the table?

All I can say is thank god the sun was out!! Or it could of been a very cold day???

On the plus side team spirit seems good work rate was excellent! to late this season but we need a little quality

Spot On RB. Can't argue with anything said as I agree 100%!

Evesham at home is a big, big game. They will be favourites on that pitch with how they play
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:38 am

redditch born wrote:The lack of quality drove me to despair yesterday your right to many on there kicking the ball in the general direction of another player as you all know I don't like the way Barcelona play ( would send me to sleep zzzzzzzzz) but I would like to see somebody pass the bl**day ball to another player!!!

Team spirit seems good? Watch Forde for just 5 minutes, you might change your mind. Moan moan moan.....if he doesn't get it passed to him he just moans all game long, he's got that face like Gabby Agbonlahor where they have the expression there's always a wasp buzzing around their head and it keeps coming back...
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:44 am

I think we need to keep things in perspective here, I don't think we are a bad side and I definately feel there are more than one or two that are good enough at this level. Prior to the fiasco agains Frome we had gone six games unbeaten, mainly against teams well above us in the table. You can't do that if you're a crap team.

No, the real problem we have this season is a chronic lack of consistency. Good one game, dreadful the next. In the Chippenham game I thought we were excellent defensively, they rarely threatened, yet a few days later we look like a group of strangers playing together for the first time.

We seem capable of doing well against the better teams then falling apart against opposition which I am sure is much weaker than us. We've picked up points against the better teams in the league and even when we were beaten we have generally played well. Yet on the other hand Cirencester (surely by some way the worst side in this league) have done the double over us - it beggars belief !

My theory is that being in the tight financial position we are in we have a very young squad. I haven't seen that many games this season but every team I have seen us play has had at least two or three older, wiser heads who can lead by example, control the game, slow it down etc when necessary and show the others how to do it (and are probably on a lot more money than the others). We simply don't have anyone like that.

It seems to me that our young lads are capable of playing decent stuff but often they all seem to have a good day, hence a very good draw away to the second placed team, or they all seem to have a bad day, hence the Frome result. We are where we are and we've got to work with what we've got and I do feel that if we can keep the nucleus of the team together then things will improve as they all gain experience together.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker on Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:55 pm

mattim wrote:I think we need to keep things in perspective here, I don't think we are a bad side and I definately feel there are more than one or two that are good enough at this level. Prior to the fiasco agains Frome we had gone six games unbeaten, mainly against teams well above us in the table. You can't do that if you're a crap team.

No, the real problem we have this season is a chronic lack of consistency. Good one game, dreadful the next. In the Chippenham game I thought we were excellent defensively, they rarely threatened, yet a few days later we look like a group of strangers playing together for the first time.

We seem capable of doing well against the better teams then falling apart against opposition which I am sure is much weaker than us. We've picked up points against the better teams in the league and even when we were beaten we have generally played well. Yet on the other hand Cirencester (surely by some way the worst side in this league) have done the double over us - it beggars belief !

Results, at least in the league, have been patchy all season:

First three matches: 7 points.
Next 8 matches: 1 point.
Then that weird patch around the abandoned match when we got 4 points from 4 games.
Then the five wins out of six before Christmas.
Then the six defeats out of seven after Christmas, during which our previously solid defence starting leaking like a Countdown viewer's Tena pads.
Then, having not drawn a league match since early November, a run of five draws in eight games.

The problem is, it's really hard to tell whether we're due an upswing or a downswing as we're just bumping along getting a lot of draws.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman on Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:15 am

Agree with Mattim totally, we are not a crap side, we just have an ability to play outstandingly, unbelievably, incredibly crap now and again (if that makes sense) in between some encouraging performances. Let's face it Bashley were really poor. One of the worst if not the worst side this at the Valley season, and we couldn't beat them.We have no creativity at all. I know I keep going on about their number 10 but the ability he showed when setting up their first goal was outstanding, he had 3 options when he received it, looked at all of them then threaded a perfect through ball for their guy to score. We don't have that type of player. Maybe an old head in the middle of the park could do that for us. We really have to hope the decent Reds team turns out in the next few games. Spud can't even get a game and we are playing like this? Get him in at RB, switch Stringy to LB, get afro and Joey in the middle and it's been said by a few on here..let Ozzy go up top with Jimmy, he has awards for leading goalscorer in the past..get him up there not isolated on the wing. If we want someone to stand on the wing and not get involved let AMG have a game!!
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:02 am

porrohman wrote:Agree with Mattim totally, we are not a crap side, we just have an ability to play outstandingly, unbelievably, incredibly crap now and again (if that makes sense) in between some encouraging performances. Let's face it Bashley were really poor. One of the worst if not the worst side this at the Valley season, and we couldn't beat them.We have no creativity at all. I know I keep going on about their number 10 but the ability he showed when setting up their first goal was outstanding, he had 3 options when he received it, looked at all of them then threaded a perfect through ball for their guy to score. We don't have that type of player. Maybe an old head in the middle of the park could do that for us. We really have to hope the decent Reds team turns out in the next few games. Spud can't even get a game and we are playing like this? Get him in at RB, switch Stringy to LB, get afro and Joey in the middle and it's been said by a few on here..let Ozzy go up top with Jimmy, he has awards for leading goalscorer in the past..get him up there not isolated on the wing. If we want someone to stand on the wing and not get involved let AMG have a game!!
Couldn't have said it better myself... Wink

Is it strange that ALL fans can see where the problem is yet the management can't? Head against wall
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman on Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:17 pm

It's a bad sign when that happens Joe.
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile