0 - 4 Shocking

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 0 - 4 Shocking

Post  del boy on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:52 am

in2thevalley wrote:Del boy, what do you consider to be the worst performance of the season then?

The home game against Cirencester!!!
del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SID SNOT on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:58 am

alottmentender wrote:sorry bob but everyone have a right to put what they like on here about the reds, just because you dont agree with them i dont think there is any need to be rude to them.some of the points that m m makes are quite valid whe n she says that redditch have got a poor team or some poor players.

I totally agree with alottmentender. The main theme of Mrs Moor's posts to anyone has been around the club this season are more or less spot on, so any abuse fired across the North Atlantic ocean is unwarranted.

We have a dreadful side at the moment filled with a mix of MC players and expensive loanees. From the games I have seen this season the tactics are to hoof the ball up to Deabill and hope for the best. The manager is a totally unlikable individual who is tatically inept and has absolutely no network at this level of football. Mr Swan for all his money is not a football man and desperately needs people around him to help and advise. There has been no change in the way the club is being marketed, the type and selection of social events in embarrassing and the price hike at Christmas was totally ill advised. For the money being shelled out to our contracted players and loanees, I would suggest this could be best spent on a General Manager with some experience of working for a football club at this level or potentially higher.

I was so excited about this season but have stopped going now. I don't rate the manager and the football is dreadful. I too hope Mr Swan will have learnt several lessons from this season, and IF we manage to stay up will look to change process and personel both on and off the pitch.

SID SNOT
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:00 am

Mrs Moor wrote:Great Post Rowly

I find it really funny how someone like Steve who throws around insults like confetti comes on here bleating like a little lamb the moment I post a little sarcasm aimed in his direction.

To be honest I don’t expect a serious debate with Steve he’s probably the least knowledgeable member of the forum, I am still trying to work out how he manages to compare Frome with Man City. Interestingly though he keeps banging a drum about Swan spending a controlled budget and not spending money the club does not generate, that’s news to me if only it were true. Perhaps he should stop posting Swan an apple in every post he makes and do his best to find out some facts before he posts the usual rubbish. Does anyone else think the current crowd and functions satisfy the budget ?

I admit I am not a fan of Steve’s and find his Robin Hood type homecoming truly embarrassing, two season ticket’s for the poor of Redditch coupled with a free mini bus (he could not fill) and a homecoming party paid for by himself. It seems he’s happy to be coming home but I’m not to sure who would give a monkey’s if he returned without his friendship budget in tow.

I too hope Redditch survive this season and to be honest I think they will, however it really is time for Swan to get his act together and start producing the goods, after all why buy a football club if your only motive is struggle.

My support for the club is a selfish one...nothing to do with you.
My support for fellow supporters is a selfish one...nothing to do with you.

Bell end.
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:57 am

To be honest MM what Steve does with his money has got nothing to do with you, me or anyone else. I know when he's back for 10 days he struggles to fit all family and friends in for a visit, so he's having a party where they are all invited. I fail to see how you have an issue with that? Sid Snot stays off the forum when we are doing well and only comes on after a defeat ...normally to agree with someone else's post. Seems strangely to have your obsession on a few points i.e MC players..are they not allowed to progress? Just what is your problem??...( let him answer that instead of piggy backing on your posts) . I bet he's never even talked to the Manager yet calls him unlikeable...opinions based on hearsay mean nothing. Expensive loanees...er 2? No network....zzzzzzzz or what?
However...I agree with him regarding Mr Swan learning lessons, no one knows everything and I'm sure Chris has learnt alot in his time in charge which will be beneficial next season. Re contracted players, I stand by my earlier posts, if I was manager two of them would be dropped on Saturday.
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:03 pm

Leethall wrote:Who is Mrs Moor then? A previous club official? Only asking like

Probably an ex director or something... Wink
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:14 pm

del boy wrote:
in2thevalley wrote:Del boy, what do you consider to be the worst performance of the season then?

That was poor yes, but IMO Tuesday night will live with me for a long tome but for all the wrong reasons
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:17 pm

Steve you said that " My support for the club is a selfish one...nothing to do with you.
My support for fellow supporters is a selfish one...nothing to do with you."

I'm glad you are selfish. (good on yer mate)Very Happy Very Happy
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:14 pm

in2thevalley wrote:
del boy wrote:

That was poor yes, but IMO Tuesday night will live with me for a long tome but for all the wrong reasons

That Cirencester game was also shocking! I still think Tuesday v Frome shaded it in it being worse than that game Dellboy!
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:29 pm

^^^ You left at half time for the Cirencester game!!!

If anybody needs reminding how bad the Cirencester game was, have a read of the match thread.

http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk/t640-redditch-0-cirencester-2?highlight=cirencester

It was simply one of the worst games ever! Losing 9-0 at home to Boston was more enjoyable than that game (admittedly, I did win a bit of money from the bookies!!!).
del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:44 pm

del boy wrote:^^^ You left at half time for the Cirencester game!!!

If anybody needs reminding how bad the Cirencester game was, have a read of the match thread.

http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk/t640-redditch-0-cirencester-2?highlight=cirencester

It was simply one of the worst games ever! Losing 9-0 at home to Boston was more enjoyable than that game (admittedly, I did win a bit of money from the bookies!!!).

Ah sh*t I forgot about that!! Erased from my memory!!!
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor on Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:44 pm

porrohman wrote:To be honest MM what Steve does with his money has got nothing to do with you, me or anyone else. I know when he's back for 10 days he struggles to fit all family and friends in for a visit, so he's having a party where they are all invited. I fail to see how you have an issue with that?

I don't have an issue with it porrohman, i just decided to post my opinion. Why on earth he feels the need to post about his visit on this forum is beyond me but as he did and this is a forum i decided to post my feelings. I did not like the way he insisted that people wishing to take up the offer of his season tickets would have to go through a kind of poverty inspection via a third party.

I think this is a very poor process and one that many would find embarrassing, sorry if you don't agree.

Please don't attack people who agree with me just because they agree with me, why not try to offer an alternative opinion instead of your usual dross, I read the post and it contained some really good points that were more or less spot on, anyone can post like you to be honest. Come on my friend give us some substance (for a change). I love you

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman on Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:21 pm

You obviously do have a problem because you decided to post on here about it. You have a problem with someone you don't know, you have never met, and you have issues with the fact that he's having a party so all his friends and family can attend, as he's back from the US for 10 days. Think about it.....that is really, really sad.
If you don't like what I post, or what Steve posts....why do you bother coming on here? Get off your no contacts, out of his depth, MC players drivel bandwagon and ask yourself why you are getting wound up about things...why make an issue that the minibus wasn't full for the Hitchin trip Steve was paying for?? Name me one person on this planet that cares apart from you.
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor on Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:07 pm

porrohman wrote:You obviously do have a problem because you decided to post on here about it. You have a problem with someone you don't know, you have never met, and you have issues with the fact that he's having a party so all his friends and family can attend, as he's back from the US for 10 days. Think about it.....that is really, really sad.

No my problem was with his poverty test season tickets i though i made that clear, i found his friendship budget amusing. Don't duck the issue i don't need to meet him he posts his comments on the forum and it's those comments i reply to. Buying season tickets and then making people go through a poverty check in order to access them is sad porrohman but as usual you choose to avoid the subject by dancing around the houses.

porrohman wrote:If you don't like what I post, or what Steve posts....why do you bother coming on here

Sorry is this your forum, many people agree with my point of view and i enjoy reading other peoples take on things. Steve and his Solid Foundation theory is something i think only he can see (and from so far away) while i can also assure you i don't just come on here to read your posts amusing as they are.

porrohman wrote:why make an issue that the minibus wasn't full for the Hitchin trip Steve was paying for?? Name me one person on this planet that cares apart from you.

Well Steve for starters, although i did explain that it was a bit of sarcasm on my part. Surely even you can allow me that after all the Penis related insults thrown my way.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SID SNOT on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:09 am

porrohman wrote: Sid Snot stays off the forum when we are doing well and only comes on after a defeat ...normally to agree with someone else's post. Seems strangely to have your obsession on a few points i.e MC players..are they not allowed to progress? Just what is your problem??...( let him answer that instead of piggy backing on your posts) . I bet he's never even talked to the Manager yet calls him unlikeable...opinions based on hearsay mean nothing. Expensive loanees...er 2? No network....zzzzzzzz or what?

Hi Porrohman
Just responding as requested.

The reason I haven't been posting on the forum is because I haven't been attending games, so didn't really feel that I had the authority to comment on performances, players, tactics etc.

Re The Manager - It is hardly the World's best kept secret that Hyde is about as popular as a fart in a lift, I'm sure a brief chat with Messers Redhead, Sockett, Smith and Fennemore would confirm this. I don't like the manager, you obviously hold him in high regard. It is hardly the first time in the history of football that there is divided opinion regarding the manager. I'm sure if you looked at the Blackburn or Aston Villa forums over the past few months there would be a various disagreements regarding their respective managers.

Re MC Players - The Combination is three steps below the level that we are playing. That seems a bit of a jump for me, and I can't seem to remember anyone making this step and doing it too successfully. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Tom Warmer was one of the better players in the Midlands Alliance, but he struggles at this level, and was certainly massively out of his depth in the Conf North. I would hope with whatever budget we have it would be sufficient to bring in a bit more quality that MC players earning £25 a week.

Re Loan Players - I don't follow things as closely as you, but I know we have definitely had three loan players in this year in Deards, Jones and Grimes. I may be wrong, but I'm sure there have been others.

Re Network - You must be absolutely deluded if you think Hyde has any kind of a network either at this level of football or in this part of the country. Brown, Whild, Gardner, Sockett, and even Redhead to a certain degree had strong networks. Hyde does not, hence he was the wrong appointment. This is absolutely imperative for a club/manager to be successful at this level.

Re Mrs Moor - I have absolutely no affiliation with Mrs Moor, but do agree with a lot of what he posts on here. He obviously is a highly intelligent individual with a wealth of knowledge of non league football in the Midlands. His posts are well written, interesting and informative and certainly more appealing than 'cut and pastes' from the Evostick Website, One eyed appraisals of everything on and off the pitch, and messages full of banana's dancing and sh***ing each other. I would suggest that Mrs Moor and Rowly have probably forgotten more about non league football in this area than a lot on here actually know, so I think the blatant disrespect and disregard shown to them on occasions is out of order.

I hope this answers your queries.
SID SNOT
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dontrunsingles on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:51 am

I take it i'll be on my own again tomorrow then Sid.

dontrunsingles
Midland Combination League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:49 am

Question then Sid?

If MM and Rowly have forgotten so much, why are they not managing/coaching at this level or higher?
Have either managed at this level...I think not.

One eyed opinions...sorry, Sir...my posts are based on facts.
I make it my business (like Porrohman, Drummerboy, intothevalley etc) to speak to the Chairman and Manager and get their feedback directly.....not rely on he said/they said, like others.

Facts then form my opinion.

I do not comment on the games as I do not watch them.
I am delighted with the results and comment accordingly. I said at the start of this season avoiding relegation will be like promotion and I have stood by that from start to finish.

I do speak to my trusted fellow supporters that travel to every game home and away and gauge their opinion....opinions that I know and trust from spending many games stood side by side.

The supporters that I have mentioned remain closer to the club than anyone else.
Despite what ex-RUFC officials believe, this club has a solid foundation that has been missing for 30 more years....without the people certain individuals consistently criticize, RUFC would not exist today in any form...FACT.

Time will tell who will be right and who will be wrong.....
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SID SNOT on Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:55 am

Here are some FACTS for you Bob;

* We have won 2 out of our last 11 league games
* Only Cirencester have scored less goals than us this season
* Our leading goalscorer is Jim Deabill with 6
* Average crowd in 2012 is 180
* The latest money spinner to come out of the club is a Car Boot Sale on a Wednesday morning

Surely all of these points suggest that all is not as rosey as Mr Swan and Hyde are suggesting to you during your Transatlantic power chats?
SID SNOT
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:22 am

SID SNOT wrote:Here are some FACTS for you Bob;

* The latest money spinner to come out of the club is a Car Boot Sale on a Wednesday morning

Surely all of these points suggest that all is not as rosey as Mr Swan and Hyde are suggesting to you during your Transatlantic power chats?

? wierd...do you not read the club web site?

Yes, I agree...the team is not at the standard we have seen over the last 10 years for sure...but it is what we can afford.
I use the Kettering FA Cup games as an example.....great games home and away....fantastic gate for the home tie...very exciting....so near.....all because we were 'paying' players the club could not and can not afford and we very, very nearly paid the ultimate price.

My dear friend is a massive Pompey fan...season ticket for over 20 years...Pompey tattoos, the lot..
He told me last week that he would swap their FA Cup win for financial security in a heartbeat.
He doesn't know if they will have a club much longer....even with the history/support/recent 'success'.

Redditch United have no chance if clubs like Pompey are not certain of their future.

If you and MM gauge Mr Swan's success as throwing money at the club to make the team better because he is rich...we will never agree on what is best for RUFC.

I do agree with the business model currently employed and in the long term, will benefit the club by building from within.

Crewe are the classic model.

Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SID SNOT on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:51 am

Bob Marley wrote:
SID SNOT wrote:Here are some FACTS for you Bob;

? wierd...do you not read the club web site?

Yes, I agree...the team is not at the standard we have seen over the last 10 years for sure...but it is what we can afford.
I use the Kettering FA Cup games as an example.....great games home and away....fantastic gate for the home tie...very exciting....so near.....all because we were 'paying' players the club could not and can not afford and we very, very nearly paid the ultimate price.

My dear friend is a massive Pompey fan...season ticket for over 20 years...Pompey tattoos, the lot..
He told me last week that he would swap their FA Cup win for financial security in a heartbeat.
He doesn't know if they will have a club much longer....even with the history/support/recent 'success'.

Redditch United have no chance if clubs like Pompey are not certain of their future.

If you and MM gauge Mr Swan's success as throwing money at the club to make the team better because he is rich...we will never agree on what is best for RUFC.

I do agree with the business model currently employed and in the long term, will benefit the club by building from within.

Crewe are the classic model.

I have just looked at the website for the first time in a long time, and have been advised it is 'Ladies Day' this Saturday, wtf?! Another absolute belting idea from whoever runs our commercial department.

Anyway, I think you are totally missing my point. I have never said that Mr Swan should be chucking more money at the club, I am saying on the basis of what he has invested, we are massively underachieving. I'm sure this time last year, he wasn't expecting us to be on the verge of a second consecutive relegation and losing 4-0 at home to Frome Town in front of 140 people, having invested 10s, if not 100s of thousands of pounds in the club. We had much better players and played better brand of football last year with little if no budget in a much stronger league. I would never have a bad word against Mr Swan, like you have quite rightly said on numerous occasions he did save our club, what I do suggest though is that he could employ much more effective people throughout the club (footballing and non footballing), which in turn should improve things on the pitch.
SID SNOT
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:01 pm

I do agree that more "football" people should be on the Board at RUFC, An experienced non-league director would also be a bonus...

I get a feeling Mrs. Moor knows all there is to know about being a non-league club director?

I don't know if they get payed? do they buy a seat on the board?
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:38 pm

Interesting reading up at AFC Telford.

Last season, Sinton was the 'messiah'.....
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Bucks_Chat/index.php?showtopic=23032

One poster got it spot on...'8 years ago we faced something much worse....'

Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:39 pm

I think Mr Swan had the right idea and the good will of the Redditch people at the begining of the season. but thanks to Socket it was all squandered! He needs to look at what he did right and have another go at it's with Mr Hyde as manager, and just in case anyone at the club is watching this forum GET SOME REDDITCH LADS TO PLAY!!! And guess what? The heart and being part of the community that the club craves will happen, come on Mr Swan its EASY!!!
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:02 pm

redditch born wrote:I think Mr Swan had the right idea and the good will of the Redditch people at the begining of the season. but thanks to Socket it was all squandered! He needs to look at what he did right and have another go at it's with Mr Hyde as manager, and just in case anyone at the club is watching this forum GET SOME REDDITCH LADS TO PLAY!!! And guess what? The heart and being part of the community that the club craves will happen, come on Mr Swan its EASY!!!

http://www.footballeconomy.com/content/benefactor-walks-away
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:15 pm

Bob Marley wrote:
redditch born wrote:I think Mr Swan had the right idea and the good will of the Redditch people at the begining of the season. but thanks to Socket it was all squandered! He needs to look at what he did right and have another go at it's with Mr Hyde as manager, and just in case anyone at the club is watching this forum GET SOME REDDITCH LADS TO PLAY!!! And guess what? The heart and being part of the community that the club craves will happen, come on Mr Swan its EASY!!!

Well we certainly don't want that to happen to us. It is great to have a steady chairman in charge and we are lucky we still have a club after all the previous regimes. Just hope we don't go down because our fan base will only further dwindle if that happens. If we can stay up I think we can have a much better crack at this league.
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:48 pm

[quote="Bob Marley"]

[/quote

bob iv not bothered opening your link I can't see the relavance???

Last edited by redditch born on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top