Reds v Gainsborough

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reds v Gainsborough

Post  Leethall on Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:47 am

Score updates here, sure to be goals so fingers crossed they are for Redditch!
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: Reds v Gainsborough

Post  Leethall on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:11 am

1 nil Gainsborough. Luke Beckett. Shite defending again....
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:22 am

2 nil Gainsborough, Beckett again. Schoolboy defending again....
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:49 am

2 - 0 Gainsborough. Redshite very shite and all hoofball. Brian Little must be very jealous of our play Laughing
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:03 am

Same old shite then . We actually play well for the local derby with Worcester and at times certain players looked decent against Hinckley but it's like we have not learned since the start of the season, I guess we can say we are always going to struggle to put a decent squad together with the money available but still I think the players should have at least learned some of the basic rules of defending by now! Sad Head against wall Head against wall
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:17 am

3 Nil Boyce or possible OG. We are shocking!
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:29 am

Attendance a shocking 163.....
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:38 am

4 Nil Gainsborough and the sparse crowd of 163 disperse! Ryan Kendall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:41 am

4-1 Matt Smith!
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  alottmentender on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:16 am

i agree defending was very poor and considering our manager is a defender you would have thought that we would hve been better at the back.i thought we looked a decent outfit going forward and with a bit of luck we could have got something out of the game but we are always up against it when we defend the way we do,considering gainsbourgh have a weekly budget of 15grand they didnt look that good.
alottmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:31 am

Disappointing, again!

Caught on the fence....we know $15,000 per week vs $900 per week is not in the same league and never will be over the course of a season, but from what I have seen, stupid basic mistakes are gifting goals aways and that is not defendable.

I remind everyone at the start of the season at Halesowen, Matt saying ' we won't get tonked this season' - long time ago that!

Oh well...onwards and upwards...the only way is up!.....pour another Cools to take the pain away! Beer
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:34 am

Bob Marley wrote:Disappointing, again!

Caught on the fence....we know $15,000 per week vs $900 per week is not in the same league and never will be over the course of a season, but from what I have seen, stupid basic mistakes are gifting goals aways and that is not defendable.

I remind everyone at the start of the season at Halesowen, Matt saying ' we won't get tonked this season' - long time ago that!

Oh well...onwards and upwards...the only way is up!.....pour another Cools to take the pain away! Beer

It really is so dissapointing the defending. We are never going to win games by giving teams 3 or 4 goals advantages Head against wall

I would imagine that Beckett alone gets £900 a week so in comparison to Gainsborough we are very much punching above our weight.

Shocking crowd Head against wall Head against wall Head against wall Head against wall Head against wall Head against wall Head against wall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:14 am

Yeah agree, Shocking attendance but the same 9 singing on cedar road (which today was really hard as there was no atmosphere).
Our defence was again poor and again I highlight the fact that there is/was NO communication on the pitch, I said that Teams come here knowing that they can win in the box and from corners and Brian Little said this himself and was proved yet again today, However Green Was on it today and rightfully took man of the match. There goals were not great and if not for our defence we would have been the better team, I don't like the fact that we think booting the ball to Smith is a way of winning the game (he wins every header but no one near him ever).Personally I can see Marco leaving, he does not seem to be happy at the moment.
All in All a fair result and probably the best officials we have had this season (best of the worse that is!), bad at the back but good work rate up front at times.

Back to top Go down

Post  StockportReds on Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:43 am

I used to see Beckett down at Edgeley Park when he played for Stockport, always a good striker for County so
wasn't surprised to hear that he scored a few today. He did though have problems with his knees so maybe someone
should have gone in a bit hard at the begining Baseball Bat
StockportReds
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:44 am

The start was pretty good, then it all went wrong affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:43 am

Always the case!

Like Andy said, we almost wait for one or two goals to go against us so the pressure is off...

Defending is awful.

Although we have a big target man, we play the long ball literally everytime... and teams will suss it out.

Atmoshpere was dull... they didn't bring many and there was literally 9 of us singing... quite embarrassing sometimes Embarassed

How can we bring people down when that's all we have to offer?

Ah well, bring on next week! :dance:

P.s Club Shop made over £30 :dance: Wink Nerr haha Very Happy
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:03 am

Defensively we were shocking, no communication between goalkeeper and defense, and that ultimately is what cost us the game, HOWEVER,

we played some decent football at times, but when you are down you do not get the breaks. If we are to continue with the long ball pumped

upto Smith, then a forward/midfielder has got to be no more than 10 yards away to pick up the ball. Yesterday Smith won 90% of the ball in

the air but hardly any of our players were there to pick the ball up Head against wall Head against wall
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:14 am

Attendance may be due in some part to the Standard newspaper not being delivered till today? I have let them no this is not good as it happens most weeks and is vital for letting locals know when games are on at Home.

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:10 am

Wolves were away yesterday, Blues and Villa played today. West brom were the only team that played yesterday so that was no excuse.

We need ideas on how to get people down, then getting them back for the next game!
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:01 am

rawlings09 wrote:Wolves were away yesterday, Blues and Villa played today. West brom were the only team that played yesterday so that was no excuse.

We need ideas on how to get people down, then getting them back for the next game!
. I take your point,but at the end of the day the only thing that attracts people to any ground week in week out, is a winning side and as we have not won since october 9 and most weeks getting well beat, people won't give out money to watch a losing side .Simple fact winning side = big crowds like our championship side 2004,losing team = low crowds like now.Dennis,under my new name of toffeeman as a proud Evertonian in case you didn't know.

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:02 am

DEFENSIVE DISASTERS DRIVE MATT MAD

REDDITCH UNITED 1-4 GAINSBOROUGH TRINITY

United boss Matt Gardiner was left fuming on Saturday as a defensive horror show cost his side dear in their Blue Square Bet North match with Gainborough Trinity.

All four of the visitors goals were 'head in hands' moments for the Reds backline, with a lack of potency at the other end wasting what at times was neat approach play.

After a tepid start on a heavy pitch, Gainsborough lead on 9 minutes with the first meaningful attack of the game; Lewis McMahon's cross from the left was nodded back across goal by Ryan Kendall for the unmarked Luke Beckett to rifle home from close range.

The goal created much needed urgency in the game; Jordan Fitzpatrick sending a sighter from 20 yards into the arms of Trinity 'keeper Phil Barnes before Matt Smith wasted a golden chance, firing at Barnes' legs when clean through after Phil Green's throughball; the rebound fell to Smith but Gavin Cowan recovered to clear.

The Reds looked vulnerable from set pieces throughout, Luke Waterfall only denied by Josh Quaynor on the line on 15 minutes, but United didn't learn their lesson with Beckett grabbing the second 5 minutes later; Sam Aiston, who pulled the strings in midfield with an energetic display, played a free kick into the area and Kendall again squared for Beckett to bundle the ball home.

Half chances came and went for the Reds with the visitors defending well, Phil Green's flicked header the closest United came before the break.

Redditch started the second half well, Green instrumental out wide but a lack of urgency in the penalty area saw his work come to nothing and the third goal was duly gifted on 55 minutes with Trinity's first attack of the half, a simple long throw was flicked on by Andrew Boyce through the flailing arms of Jimmy Dormand.

Gardiner had seen enough and he made three changes on the hour mark, bringing, amongst others, Marco Adaggio into the action.

Adaggio latched onto a poor back-header from Waterfall with 20 minutes left but scuffed at his shot from an acute angle as the substitutes had little impact on the game.

Trinity grabbed their fourth with ten minutes left, another routine ball across the ball not dealt with, substitute Leon Mettam in acres of space to play Kendall in who rounded Dormand and finished easily.

There was one bright spark for Redditch with seven minutes left, debutant full back Dwayne Samuels bombed forward and whipped a ball to the far post which Josh Quaynor drilled back in for Matt Smith to blast home his eighth goal of the season.

All in all though, it was a poor display; Redditch simply cannot rely on good performances from three or four players as they battle for their Blue Square Bet North lives.

REDDITCH UNITED; Dormand 5, Samuels 5, Timmins 5 (Hull 62, 6), Fitzpatrick 5, Ayres 5 (Richards 62, 7), Spencer(c) 4, Edwards 5 (Adaggio 62, 6), Hurren 4, Smith 6, *GREEN 7, Quaynor 4.

Subs; Ager, Taylor.

REFEREE; Mr S P Bennett (Stoke-on-Trent), 7.

ATTENDANCE; 163.
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:36 am

Fingers, just read the NLP and your match report!

I also note Matt Gardiner saying that Samuels played well...... I thought he was way out of his depth and playing Spencer as a centre half actually contributed to the problems we faced.

I really don't know what to think at the moment, the team changes to much from a game by game basis it is just shocking.

Matt Smith is a decent player at this level but hoofball is to much at the moment. We really need to play a settled side and I would like to see some thinking outside of the standard 4-4-2. We would be much better playing 3-5-2 in my opinion Beer
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers on Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:24 pm

Leethall wrote:I also note Matt Gardiner saying that Samuels played well...... I thought he was way out of his depth and playing Spencer as a centre half actually contributed to the problems we faced.

We've gotta stop agreeing so often pal, spot on there...
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top