19th Feb - Race Night - lack of visibility!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 19th Feb - Race Night - lack of visibility!

Post  nevergreen on Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:10 pm

porrohman wrote:Fingers has got it spot on. I get racked off immensly when I see posts bemoaning the current hard working folk who put alot of hours into the club & TRUST. I suppose those involved in the old supporters club felt the same when they were the ones clearing the pitch, running the shop etc...without much help. This time last year there was no club shop.There was no TRUST( yes, you can take that both ways). We are well on the way to raising the £5000.00 we set out to at the start of the season.The 'old guard' did great things for this club, we know that.
They can again,if circumstances change, and they all come back..that's when the Cedar Rd will really be buzzing.
Until then can we all try and work together!!!

here here
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:18 pm

in2thevalley wrote:Jeff, you are a legend Cup
I am not having it mate , not one bit. hide behind silly names so they can bicycle people off, put your real names up and bicycle us off ?. same people who bicycle off the players (again you don't know the facts and what players do for this club), bicycle off the staff, bicycle off the T.R.U.S.T and bicycle off all the new ideas that are actually put into place, and to say that we are in disguise as club cronies is ridicules. then to say "some of us have longer memories than others"? you may not remember me/know me but I can go back as well so before you go on the Bulls*%t trail of dreams forget it, there were no golden years and we have always had the same issues and the same sort of people knocking the new comers. If you don't like new idea's fine, but don't start like you own the club and have more right over it that any one else. And if you think its funny carlin winding people up and if nevergreen can only come back with a tosser smiley then it shows just how immature and out of the loop you really are, we owe you nothing and if you wanted respect for your past efforts you just lost it!

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen on Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:29 pm

Redjeff wrote:
in2thevalley wrote:Jeff, you are a legend Cup
I am not having it mate , not one bit. hide behind silly names so they can bicycle people off, put your real names up and bicycle us off ?. same people who bicycle off the players (again you don't know the facts and what players do for this club), bicycle off the staff, bicycle off the T.R.U.S.T and bicycle off all the new ideas that are actually put into place, and to say that we are in disguise as club cronies is ridicules. then to say "some of us have longer memories than others"? you may not remember me/know me but I can go back as well so before you go on the Bulls*%t trail of dreams forget it, there were no golden years and we have always had the same issues and the same sort of people knocking the new comers. If you don't like new idea's fine, but don't start like you own the club and have more right over it that any one else. And if you think its funny carlin winding people up and if nevergreen can only come back with a tosser smiley then it shows just how immature and out of the loop you really are, we owe you nothing and if you wanted respect for your past efforts you just lost it!

so much for working together, smiley was directed at fingers mention of cremin
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:37 pm

nevergreen wrote:]

so much for working together
working together dose not mean having ago,making up figures you cant be arse'd to enquire about and belittling the effort a small team are putting in.
you said what you said so don't back track, facts are there if you were that bothered and if your that critical of what we are doing and if its so wrong you do it.
Vial tiraid and no name to the insults, how big.

Last edited by fingers on Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:27 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : A tad personal...)

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen on Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:50 pm

Redjeff wrote:
nevergreen wrote:]

so much for working together
working together dose not mean having ago,making up figures you cant be arse'd to enquire about and belittling the effort a small team are putting in.
you said what you said so don't back track, facts are there if you were that bothered and if your that critical of what we are doing and if its so wrong you do it.

I'm not going to continue argueing with you Jeff, as it's not in my nature. I suggest you read my posts again and at no point do i belittle people's efforts (maybe i went for a wind up,i admit) I have only given my point of view (it's a forum after all!)

For you to sound off and react in the way you have shows what passion you have but to be honest it also worries me that the rather aggresive nature of your posts are meant to intimidate me? I dont get to many games due to having to work most saturdays but at my next opportunity i will introduce myself to you guys in the shop and have a good chat with you all. I may even be tempted into donating to the TRUST.
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:06 pm

nevergreen wrote:£600 on the release of the new shirt after some wait i would imagine, average takings from shop I estimate to be no more than £30.

I've contributed more than most over the years. Some have longer memories than others and whilst I have tried to put the recent past behind I still find it difficult to move on maybe. I will go and support my team when I can and will give my honest opinion even if it doesn't follow the company line.

Isn't that what this is all about or are we all to sing from the same hymn sheet?

sorry I must have read this one wrong as did 4/5 others, im not aggressive but when I see EVERYDAY the effort put in and then hear people say what you did above then yeah I will stand up and be counted and put my name to it. My whole point has always been the bigger the team the better the result, we stand together or not at all. I think its childish to think it was a wind up and a poor excuse at that, an apology to the guy's in the shop
is in order. don't you dare make me be out to be a bully, I find that remark offensive when all I have done is point out that you are wrong in what you have said above and in my opinion disrespectful.

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:45 pm

Nevergreen in response to "where do you find Kimbo?" I suggest that you look on the Cedar Road every home home game thats where we will be....................... :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:03 pm

Okay guys. Handbags away. Handbags

I must admit, i got a bit angry when i saw the post about "10 home fans coming in" and "making no more than £30", when if you look at the facts, we've worked hard and put the hours in to get a decent, well run shop.

And we do it voluntarily, and i must say, i really enjoy it!

The total earnings of the shop are well into four figures, and it almost takes the p*ss when people say we don't make that much.

Nevergreen: you're welcome in the shop, as is every fan, home or away. You could even buy a shirt, a Mug and 2 pens.. £31 Wink :dance:
I understand about working, work takes the fluffing p*ss on a saturday! I work a saturday night sometimes, it's a nightmare to get back to after the footy.

I Think the fans really to need to start working together, get the Valley rocking. Whether people do it or not is a different matter.

I honestly feel that some pride needs to be swallowed and we all move forward in the same direction.

We all support the same club. so SUPPORT IT! :dance: bounce

No Hard Feelings! Beer Cheers
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:38 pm

Captain Carlin wrote:It's ok advertising etc but the club needs to get the cash in!
Captain Carlin wrote:I probably won't go in the shop nor try to sell ten tickets but I will be there on the 19th and may even pay for the horse I have sponsored!
Say's it all really.

Nevergreen, alot of us 'newer faces' were not around when you were doing your bit for the club, and therefor we wouldn't have known.
If you don't show up on matchday (fair enough you have to work), then you wouldn't know of the hard work that we put in behind the scenes. So it's unfair to 'estimate' things.
Secondly, if you used to do alot for the club.....surely you should know how difficult it is and be more supportive to those who are using their own time to try and improve things for the club, just like you used to. We're not after thank you or a pat on the back, but if you've got nothing constructive to say then why bother?
You've pointed out the potential failures, so point out the solutions.

Thirdly, this is a forum. Everyone has a right to air their views, and everyone has a right to their own opinions. If we all just agreed with the first thing said, then the world would be a pretty boring place.

It is nice to see a bit of passion being thrown about though. Even though there's a difference of opinion, both arguements boil down to the best interests of the club Beer Cheers

See you all tomorrow (if it's on!)

Admin

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers on Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:44 pm

nevergreen is a red through and through, he doesn't attend so much due to work commitments, but after we all decided to stay away he came back on a regular basis.

TRUST have to see that some people don't always agree with their ideology, I'm one of them, it's part of the reason I'm not and am unlikely to become a member, I'm not as vocal about it but unless TRUST taps into this silent (and sometimes apathetic it has to be said) majority, it will hold limited appeal.

Jeff, you're entitled to your opinion mate, but that kind of mentality will lose RUFC and TRUST more people than it gains which I know is the last thing you'd want.

From the other side of the argument, maybe advice would be more welcome than criticism? I know both lads (nevergreen and CC) and they have plenty of experience to offer, CC recently offering his help to me in one area where RUFC needed assistance at the time.

All this suports my view that RUFC will never go anywhere, too divided throughout, always has been, always will be. There aren't many clubs who struggle to fill a phone box yet could still start a fight in one! Head against wall
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:15 pm

This is why we need more members in the TRUST though. Although fund raising is high on the agenda in order to support the club, it's opinions and ideas that are just as important, if not more important. We could raise £10,000 next month, but if we didn't have ideas on how to use the money, then it would be pointless. More people = more ideas.
This is a forum afterall, if people disagree with ideas and methods - then this is the place to explain why you think something is a bad idea, or why you think something will fall on it's arse. Then try and offer an alternative option. Who knows, one of you could hold a golden idea that could change everything! Hyper

Admin

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch Events on Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:27 am

nevergreen wrote:i think the point is if you organise an event such as this the main target audience are fans. How many regular fans go on facebook?lets be honest the average age of the Valley is probly nearing 50-55 and out of the regular 200 or so turning up i would guess less than 25 have accounts. Then how many go on often.....reduce to 5-8..and so on.

Redditch United Supporter's Events - 186 Members
Redditch Local - 1,748

There are more pages/friend lists which I could also mention figures of, but I believe that those produced above would overfill The Valley.

As this is a Race Night, there may be outside participants who aren't regular fans, who are attending.
Redditch Events
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/redditch

Back to top Go down

Race Night - Facebook Figures

Post  Redditch Events on Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:33 am

Figures from Facebook indicate

Confirmed - 16 (including press)
Potentials - 50 (may be attending)

Redditch Events
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/redditch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:37 am

Do not wish to upset any one, but I stand with pretty much all I have said and maybe Andy has said it better.
I don't think its fair to grab at figures that are not facts, I have personally seen the amazing work put in over the last year and put a bit in my self.Fingers-what I say my not be to every ones taste but I have never knocked any one for having ago, I was also brought up on the notion that if you have something to say-say it. I cant be expected to know who someone is or what they have done if they use a nickname so there you have the advantage over me,I may just stay quiet and just make noise on the cedar road from here on that way the only people I can annoy is the ref and lino.
Nerr

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:47 am

fingers wrote:
TRUST have to see that some people don't always agree with their ideology, I'm one of them, it's part of the reason I'm not and am unlikely to become a member, I'm not as vocal about it but unless TRUST taps into this silent (and sometimes apathetic it has to be said) majority, it will hold limited appeal.

Disappointing mate Head against wall Romulus has ruined you Screen Punch lol!
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:59 am

I'll whisper to you fingers if it helps!!

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:12 am

The Racenight will be Advertised at the club today!!!! HA Very Happy :dance:
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:23 am

I've got to say, I am quite disappointed from what I have read on this thread.

I take you all back to March 2010 - yes, just 10 short months ago.

We decided to try and approach matchday differently and form TRUST, as the previous supporters club was wound up due to 100% breakdown in communication with the Chairman.

Now, in 10 months, what has happened?

1. Monthly communications meeting with officials of the club.
Volunteers give up their Monday evening (1 time per month) to review the actions of TRUST and bring to the attention of the Chairman supporters issues and concerns.
These monthly meetings had a great start. The Chairman was in attendance, communicating what was happening and the current situation of the football club.
TRUST had input into matchday admission prices, season tickets, family ticket and playing budget - there was an improving relationship based on facts and not rumours.
Unfortunately, the Chairman has not been able to attend the last 4 meetings and this will be addressed in February.

2. TRUST membership has started with now $200 per month committed to the funds = $2400 per year. TRUST started their financial support of the club by sponsoring the tracksuits and matchday attire of the whole coaching staff - an investment of $600.

3. TRUST started the weekly score predictor, contributing $40-$50 per week to the funds.

4. TRUST purchased the old stock from Spike for the club shop - $450.

5. The club shop was re-painted and refurbished. Investment of TRUST of $200 for new shelving and cupboard space.

6. The Rawlings family; Sam, Jack & Joe took responsibility of the club shop. New stock was purchased and relationships with new suppliers forged to bring the homeshirt to an affordable $28. I have yet to see a cheaper shirt on my travels. The club shop is generating >$100 per game and is now a hive of activity on matchday.

7. We now have an online club shop that is generating sales and interest around the globe (yeah..little old Redditch United)

8. TRUST have paid for 3 away day coaches for the club ($1200) - Workington & Gainsborough last season, Workington this season.

9. TRUST have negotiated a $10 per supporter fee on the official away day coach to enable fans to travel with the players when supporters travel is not viable.

10. TRUST paid for 5 matchday adverts last season and 2 this season - total $700.

11. TRUST paid for 10,000 flyers for pre-season that was distributed around the town by our friends at the post office (Spud et al) and also by members of the TRUST - total $450 for flyers that are very professional and marketable.

12. TRUST bought a video camera ($300) and now video highlights are available on our own Youtube channel around the world.

13. TRUST organised a Quiz night in September that generated $200 towards funds.

14. TRUST organised supporters coaches to Droylesden, Grimsby and Guisely. The cost was subsidised by the funds generated by TRUST.

15. New forum that is up to date, informative and a great gallery of historic photographs that I know took several hours for Jeff to upload.

16. Last season, TRUST paid a debt collecting agency $600 to prevent the removal of the goalposts and playing kit the day before a home game.

17. This season, TRUST have paid brewery bills to ensure the bar is open on matchdays - I will not share the cost at this time.

18. Organised and sponsored the Schools Cup between 8 middle schools of Redditch.

19. Organised and marketed the Barry Fry night with over 150 tickets sold and a packed house.

20. Matchday experience is completely different - better support and despite poor results and bottom of the league, still an average of over 300 this season.
Remember the comments from supporters of Boston, Telford & Blyth? when TRUST provided food pre-match etc?

Now..I will stop there..everyone I know wants the best for Reds...some people still sneer at how the club is run and what has happened in the past.
We all know the mistakes, we all know where we need to improve and we are far from the 'dream team' but to make fun of an event that is on target to achieve another $1000 towards the funds that currently stand at $2000, is not constructive and even if the 'marketing and selling' of the event does not meet people's expectations, I ask anyone to step forward and help TRUST in their activities added to the FANTASTIC achievements of above.

Please note, when we talk of TRUST, we speak mainly of Paul, Adi, Jeff, Pete, Andy, Justin, Alf, Rachel, Sam, Jack & Joe = 11 people.

When I review the 20 items from above - I am astounded that 11 volunteers can generate so much financial support and make so many improvements at the club in such a short space of time....hats off to you all..top EFFORT that.
I know from my exposure to the minutes of TRUST meetings, there is still many ideas still to be implemented and managed, but when resources are limited, we have to be pragmatic and applaud what these people have achieved.
No-one is critising what efforts were made in the past, so why criticise the efforts being made today?

So I ask all of us to take a look at ourselves and before writing (which causes an unwanted sandstorm) look at constructive advise and if you believe it could be done better...please step forward and make every event much more successful - we all want the same thing.

Anyway, I will stop whinging from this side of the pond, but please, let's pull this thing around..together.

I am proud of each of you.
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:40 am

Steve,

I echo your comments as the progress made has been nothing short of outstanding.

What people contributed previously is not forgotten.

By more people joining and supporting TRUST it adds more to the pot and helps the club ultimately. Those people who have made those comments should join in and offer help again as I am sure they can add valuable effort, ideas and further improve the all round contribution of TRUST.

Fingers, you as a Reds fan would be an awesome Bosman to get involved again, leave the Roms and come back home Beer Cheers
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:18 am

Cheers Steve Beer Cheers
P.s you got an American only keyboard ?$$$$ as opposed to £££££? only kidding mate and thanks Cup

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Carlin on Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:48 am

Post also put in the Race Night sticky thread!!!!

Further to a previous post of mine a while back on the 'old' forum ...............I spoke with Ken Rae today and he is more than happy for my Anglo-Italian Tournament Programme from 1977 (when Redditch United took part ) to be auctioned on the night to help raise funds ( I will arrange with the event organiser when I can find him).

I will also put up for auction programmes from the 1977 FA Cup 1st Round Proper tie (Redditch v Peterborough) - both the Home leg (at the Valley) and the Replay ( Peterborough) as a pair - lot 2 - so if you miss out on the above you can still find a way to spend some money.

I know these programmes do appear on ebay now and again but this as is to raise money for the club please bid generously - I will put an what I believe is an achievable reserve on them.

All programmes are in good condition and I will not take any money from the sum raised on the night - all money to the club.

If anyone can't make the evening a would like to bid please PM me with your 'best offer' - I will treat this in confidence as a sealed bid.

Captain Carlin
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:52 am

Captain Carlin wrote:Post also put in the Race Night sticky thread!!!!

Further to a previous post of mine a while back on the 'old' forum ...............I spoke with Ken Rae today and he is more than happy for my Anglo-Italian Tournament Programme from 1977 (when Redditch United took part ) to be auctioned on the night to help raise funds ( I will arrange with the event organiser when I can find him).

I will also put up for auction programmes from the 1977 FA Cup 1st Round Proper tie (Redditch v Peterborough) - both the Home leg (at the Valley) and the Replay ( Peterborough) as a pair - lot 2 - so if you miss out on the above you can still find a way to spend some money.

I know these programmes do appear on ebay now and again but this as is to raise money for the club please bid generously - I will put an what I believe is an achievable reserve on them.

All programmes are in good condition and I will not take any money from the sum raised on the night - all money to the club.

If anyone can't make the evening a would like to bid please PM me with your 'best offer' - I will treat this in confidence as a sealed bid.

Would you be willing to let me scan them to go in to our history archive before the auction?

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Carlin on Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:55 am

Only if they do not appear until after the 19th Feb for fear of the value be diminished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Captain Carlin
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:59 am

Captain Carlin wrote:Only if they do not appear until after the 19th Feb for fear of the value be diminished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Absolutely, I have a professional scanner and can assure no damage. When would be best to get hold of them mate?

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:28 am

We at the club shop will donate a shirt to be auctioned on the night. We will get Gards, Snapper and the team to sign it. As Mr Tesco says "Every Little Helps" Very Happy

P.S Jeff how is the eye?
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top