Where was everyone?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where was everyone?

Post  redditch born on Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:24 pm

What a great day to watch football and the crowd was less than 190? For all who didn't attend you missed a good game. The ref robbed us!
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where was everyone?

Post  del boy on Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:54 pm

Sorry RB, but it wasn’t a good game of football to watch.

The first half in particular was an absolute shocker. Granted, the second half was better but lets be honest, it couldn’t get any worse!!

You’re right about the ref though; what an absolute clown! Firstly he stopped play when we were on the attack and in possession in their penalty area, to allow treatment for a Chesham player who was already on his feet! He then restarted play by giving it back to their GK. Not long after, he sent off Tommy for what I’m not even convinced was even a foul.

Yes, the ref lost the plot in the 2nd half. But I can’t say that it had a massive influence on the result. In all honesty, Chesham probably deserved a point today.
del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born on Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:02 pm

Your right about us being poor 1st half but it seemed to fly by only seemed to last 30 min or was it the sun getting to me? I for one enjoyed my day
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:04 pm

redditch born wrote:What a great day to watch football and the crowd was less than 190? For all who didn't attend you missed a good game. The ref robbed us!

I was there and the football was absolutely diabolical!! If that was anybody's first game they will never come back!! Pitch is not in a good state.

My view on the game? 1st half was abysmal from both sides apart from the scoop from Benbow and Halsall's looping header into the net. The 2nd half was better with Jimmy De Hill on which suited the conditions and we should have scored again when we had 2 or 3 decent chances.

Tommy De Warmer afro proved what a liability he is when losing his head and getting a straight red and it was so no complaints from me as I had a good view. You knew that is was only a matter of time before Chesham scored and a great goal it was from the free kick. We just kept inviting pressure on our goal with 15 minutes left and was only fair after they missed chance after chance. They also bought an Ian Orymoundroyd lookalike on who was about 8ft!

I must say the Chesham No 2 was a complete and utter wanker as were a number of their fans in the Allotment end. Still a bit bitter about the broken door no doubt.....

One thing that I was unhappy with was the antics of our manager when Knott was substituted, his frustration was clear when kicking the dug out but the manager verbally slating him was unprofessional. This attitude he shows to his players and the language used is disappointing.

This though was a good result and showed the team have battling qualities. The pitch though is going to cause some serious problems as the season progresses, considering the money spent on it last summer it is worse than a year ago IMO.
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:08 pm

del boy wrote:Sorry RB, but it wasn’t a good game of football to watch.

The first half in particular was an absolute shocker. Granted, the second half was better but lets be honest, it couldn’t get any worse!!

You’re right about the ref though; what an absolute clown! Firstly he stopped play when we were on the attack and in possession in their penalty area, to allow treatment for a Chesham player who was already on his feet! He then restarted play by giving it back to their GK. Not long after, he sent off Tommy for what I’m not even convinced was even a foul.

Yes, the ref lost the plot in the 2nd half. But I can’t say that it had a massive influence on the result. In all honesty, Chesham probably deserved a point today.

That incident with the Chesham player was disgraceful and the restart was shocking. The Lino on the clubhouse side was a complete and utter tool! Best bit was when Grimes took him out in the 2nd half Very Happy !

The ref IMO got the sending off correct, Warmer should have been kept on the bench, he is a liability and showed it today losing his head just before his sending off. Should put his Mask of Zoro back on and go look for Catherine Zeta Jones in Wales Whistling
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy on Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:22 pm

Jimmy Deabill seemed to be more concerned with arguing with Hyde rather than watching the game, about 10 seconds before throwing himself into a reckless tackle that got him a yellow card.

As for the pitch, how much was spent on it last summer is irrelevant. I’d like to know how much it gets used? If it is being used for first team matches, under 21 matches, training nights etc, then it is going to look exactly like how it does right now. Our pitch has always been hard to maintain at the best of times.

A poor quality pitch, means poor quality football. Poor quality football means poor attendances. If Redditch v Chesham had been played on a pitch that resembled a bowling green, would the game have been better? Inevitably in my opinion.
del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:35 pm

redditch born wrote:What a great day to watch football and the crowd was less than 190? For all who didn't attend you missed a good game. The ref robbed us!

Bumsgrove had 256 when they played Blackwood who are top of the Midland Combination Div 1........
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:14 pm

Leethall wrote:

Bumsgrove had 256 when they played Blackwood who are top of the Midland Combination Div 1........

I would of liked to of come to the game today, to let RB buy me a beer and to see the Reds as Ive been unable to watch any football for a few weeks now. Got some wheels sorted so hopefully thats sorted. In hindsight it may of been a good game to miss looking at this thread!
Saying Bromsgrove having a good gate, and slagging off our pitch probably has more of a connection than 1st may think. I for 1 dont care too much about the level of football I watch, much rather the quality of it. Ive been to watch Bromsgrove this season and tbh Ive thoroughly enjoyed everything about the experience. Like someone said earlier, if Reds have to play on a dump of a pitch, and therefore cannot play football if they wished to or not, how is that going to be enjoyable to pay to watch? Good crowds go hand in hand with good football as we pay our money to be entertained. I sincerely hope the Valley can be turned round as a playing surface so decent flowing football can be attempted to be played on it, and also greed doesnt take over and enable too many other teams to play on it too as pitches need time to recover between games the same as players.

Good point though
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alottmentender on Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:58 pm

i thought the result was a fair reflection on the game as for the playing surface i think if it had a light roller on it that will remove some of the bumps,i know its not good to keep putting the roller on it but now and again surley wont do to much harm,the other solution to the problem of the playing surface maybe to turn into a 3g pitch and yes i know that we will not be able to play cup games on it but how many times do we do that in a season and also would be good source of income for the club.
alottmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:43 pm

What's up with yu lot? Admit passing was poor 1st half. But we were never in danger went in 1 up! Commitment from the team first class plenty of passion. The pitch was the same for both teams good shift for the redditch lads commitment like today will do us fine lots of pluses and yes lots of things could be bettter. But once again I for 1 enjoyed my day and thought we were hard done by
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:34 pm

alottmentender wrote:i thought the result was a fair reflection on the game as for the playing surface i think if it had a light roller on it that will remove some of the bumps,i know its not good to keep putting the roller on it but now and again surley wont do to much harm,the other solution to the problem of the playing surface maybe to turn into a 3g pitch and yes i know that we will not be able to play cup games on it but how many times do we do that in a season and also would be good source of income for the club.

The roller had been on the penalty boxes mate! If we had a 3G pitch the cup part would not be so much of a problem because our record is pretty Full of sh*t most seasons!
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  alottmentender on Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:16 am

i agree the lads worked hard and yes the pitch is the same for both teams but i for one would sooner see them trying to play football along the ground instead of up in the air most of the time as they seem to be doing even when we chris russell up front against a big tall defender.ithought tommy was a fool to do what he did a few minutes after being warned, mind having said that i would not have brought him on as we seemed to be doing well without him.the second half we seemed to be trying to defend a one goal lead which is always a danger and puts us under a lot of pressure.
alottmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:33 am

In response to your question. I was there, What a perfect day for football. Its a pity about the attendance 184 I believe. (Shocking)
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman on Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:34 am

RB,
Can you honestly say you enjoyed the first half? I would be amazed if you said yes. Dumbfounded even.
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:37 am

porrohman wrote:RB,
Can you honestly say you enjoyed the first half? I would be amazed if you said yes. Dumbfounded even.

Me too, almost as dumbfounded when a fan announced that Tess had a good first half and was unlucky not to score.!!!!!!!!!!!!!affraid
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:42 am

in2thevalley wrote:

Me too, almost as dumbfounded when a fan announced that Tess had a good first half and was unlucky not to score.!!!!!!!!!!!!!affraid

Haha!! The 1st half was possibly the worst I have seen at a game!!

That comment proved he had not watched any of the game!

Rowley, agree totally with your comment about watching good football on a good surface, it is entertainment & I like to get value for money. Some of the best games I have seen this season have been lower level clubs such as Atherstone, Tividale & RC Warwick who are not setting the world on fire in their respective leagues!
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:44 am

First half was shite but like RB said, we went 1-0 up!

We may have played better football second half but we conceded a goal, i'd rather watch crap football every week and see us win 1-0 than watch pretty football every week and see us lose all the time.

I think the pitch is used 6 times a week... which is why it looks like it does. It's not used on a monday though Cup I for one hope that the pitch stays as grass and the 3g would act as a training facility for the teams and also matches for the youth/u21's then for general public use whenever the redditch teams aren't using it.

Plus if i get my sports turf maintenance qualifications i'll look after it Senile

Not too dissapointed about yesterdays result, maybe a bit annoyed at the manner in which we lost, but no complaints.

rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:56 am

O Dear....O Dear....Same old..... Same old.... First time IV watched the reds this year (Bob Marleys not the only globe trotter) Had a good burger the tea was good sun was out, and with good company. Some nice stuff played in parts OK it was by chesham but still nice stuff! And for there part Redditch worked hard and gave total commitment and went in 1 up! But who am I to say I enjoyed it?? The click on here have been saying how good billy and hendrie are. I watched them and in one word ther USELESS! But no doubt they will argue its 2 words!!
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:07 am

redditch born wrote:O Dear....O Dear....Same old..... Same old.... First time IV watched the reds this year (Bob Marleys not the only globe trotter) Had a good burger the tea was good sun was out, and with good company. Some nice stuff played in parts OK it was by chesham but still nice stuff! And for there part Redditch worked hard and gave total commitment and went in 1 up! But who am I to say I enjoyed it?? The click on here have been saying how good billy and hendrie are. I watched them and in one word ther USELESS! But no doubt they will argue its 2 words!!

Very Happy. I enjoyed it all round my point was the football was dreadful 1st half! The coffee was ok and seeing the programme printed with St Albans badge made me chuckle!

I think all players on the pitch were USELESS but a good shift was put in all round. I have no doubt that Bob will comment on my views as he will have watched it on some dodgy Satellite channel Wink
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born on Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:09 am

Leethall wrote:
in2thevalley wrote:

Rowley, agree totally with your comment about watching good football on a good surface, it is entertainment & I like to get value for money. Some of the best games I have seen this season have been lower level clubs such as Atherstone, Tividale & RC Warwick who are not setting the world on fire in their respective leagues!

Lethal easy jet fly to Barcelona for £8 if you want to watch pure football try there!
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:23 am

redditch born wrote:
Leethall wrote:
in2thevalley wrote:

Lethal easy jet fly to Barcelona for £8 if you want to watch pure football try there!

Cheers mate! Never been to the Nou Camp and is somewhere I want to go!

I will have to watch Barca on TV later similar to last week when they hammered Valencia 5-1 with Messi scoring 4!
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born on Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:43 am

I would rather watch Redditch united but I'm a egg & chips man not into prawn sandwiches
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:06 am

redditch born wrote:I would rather watch Redditch united but I'm a egg & chips man not into prawn sandwiches

Bovril rather than champagne:D
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:32 am

redditch born wrote:I would rather watch Redditch united but I'm a egg & chips man not into prawn sandwiches

Indeed, non league football is proper football.

On a side note I assume that alcohol is now allowed out in the ground as there were a few Chesham fans with plastic glasses out on the main stand side!
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  cheshfan on Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:58 am

The bar staff were serving in plastic's if you asked for one

cheshfan
Midland Combination League

View user profile

Back to top Go down