Dear Mr Swan........................

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dear Mr Swan........................

Post  SID SNOT on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:38 am

If you read this forum, or any of your staff read the forum, please, please, please can you relieve Mr Hyde of his duties at his club. We are sinking like a stone and will get relegated unless we appoint a new manager very soon. With a budget which is in line with the majority of other clubs in this league, and with almost 6 months at the helm, he has failed to bring any quality to the club and we are playing an absolutely dreadful brand of football. The best players in our squad are ones that previous management bought in (Coleman, Robinson, Hickman and Warmer), and in this proof that he has no network at this level and this part of the country to bring in quality players. Demotion to the Evostick South and West would be a disaster, and I personally can't get too excited at the prospect of watching the likes of Yate Town, North Leigh and Bishops Cleeve next season, nor will many more than 100 others in Redditch if we go down.
avatar
SID SNOT
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 65
Join date : 2011-01-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Mr Swan........................

Post  del boy on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:35 am

Sid, we can’t keep sacking managers every 3-4 months! If we do, no half decent manager will come anywhere near us. Yes, things on the pitch are not going well. Relegation could happen, but I think it’s too soon to panic. The club has to show patience with managers. Let's not forget, that just over a month ago, we were at the top of the form tables.

As for ‘relieving Hyde of his duties’, don’t forget that he is not just the 1st team manager; he also has a full time role for the club.

As for the budget, do you know what it is? Does anyone know what it is? I have no idea, but if I was to take a guess, I’d go for 1.5k per week. Again, I’m guessing here, but I think we probably have one of the lower budgets in the league. Money talks, and it doesn’t matter who manages the team, if we have a small budget, we aren’t going to be able to attract the players that the team obviously needs.
avatar
del boy
Blue Square North

Posts : 500
Join date : 2011-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Mr Swan........................

Post  ted striker on Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:08 am

I'm with del boy on this one. I didn't agree with getting rid of S&S, I thought it was premature, although I am prepared to concede that the decision may have been based on more than just results on the pitch. Similarly, it would be premature to get rid of Graham Hyde now, for exactly the reasons outlined above.

I don't get to many Reds games, for a number of reasons, including apathy - but that goes back to when Gary Whild was the manager. I can't therefore comment on the quality or otherwise of the team at the moment, except to say that you get what you pay for, and you pay for what you can afford (whether that includes a top-up from the Swans is neither here nor there, if they're willing to dip into their pockets it's their choice). I don't want the Reds to go down, but repeatedly changing managers is never the answer*.

*Unless your manager is Nicky Cross, then you can sack him with impunity**, because he really was pants. And we replaced him with the Rodfather, so it's all good.

**After losing to Swindon Supermarine. Who do we play next Saturday Question

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 306
Join date : 2011-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Mr Swan........................

Post  Leethall on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:44 am

ted striker wrote:I'm with del boy on this one. I didn't agree with getting rid of S&S, I thought it was premature, although I am prepared to concede that the decision may have been based on more than just results on the pitch. Similarly, it would be premature to get rid of Graham Hyde now, for exactly the reasons outlined above.

I don't get to many Reds games, for a number of reasons, including apathy - but that goes back to when Gary Whild was the manager. I can't therefore comment on the quality or otherwise of the team at the moment, except to say that you get what you pay for, and you pay for what you can afford (whether that includes a top-up from the Swans is neither here nor there, if they're willing to dip into their pockets it's their choice). I don't want the Reds to go down, but repeatedly changing managers is never the answer*.

*Unless your manager is Nicky Cross, then you can sack him with impunity**, because he really was pants. And we replaced him with the Rodfather, so it's all good.

**After losing to Swindon Supermarine. Who do we play next Saturday Question

I am currently in the boat that Hyde needs to continue as another change is not going to help matters! What I would be looking at doing is to bring in say Paul West to help Hydey with all things Evostick Premier, I really think that he could help him so much.

I would also say that the budget is in the region of £1.2-5k a week which has just been lowered. It will be in the lower league budgets in this league, I also would say that Evesham pay more out than Redditch on smaller gates and ground sharing at Worcester.

You have the likes of Brackley and Oxford City on high end budgets with Chesham, Leamongton, Chippenham, Stourbridge on budgets that justify the league positions they currently hold. The clubs near the bottom of the league will be sides with small budgets (eg Cirencester, Swindon Supermarine etc)
avatar
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1845
Location : Village Branch
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Mr Swan........................

Post  in2thevalley on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:04 am

I didnt hear anyone call for Hyde to go when we won 5 out of 6 games before christmas.

It appears that some people have selective memories.

Sacking the manager is not the answer, I believe that the management team can and will turn it round in time,

its now the time for the fans to get behind the team starting with the home game against St Albans.

avatar
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1640
Location : Here
Join date : 2011-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Mr Swan........................

Post  Bob Marley on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:53 pm

Today I drive a Ford Explorer...very nice.

But 25 years ago, I drove a mini...it wasn't very good, it was someone else's cast-off, it didn't even have a radio....but it was what I could afford without getting a bank loan (that I could not afford).

It's hard to make chicken soup out of chicken sh*t....doesn't matter who you are....
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Mr Swan........................

Post  Mrs Moor on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:38 pm

in2thevalley wrote:I didnt hear anyone call for Hyde to go when we won 5 out of 6 games before christmas.

Really .................... Head against wall Head against wall

You guy’s are all forgetting the most important thing, Swan gave Sockett & Smith £800 a week and told them to build a football team for Redditch United. Now they were sacked for doing just that, trying to build a football team with a budget of £800.

They were only following orders when they were scouring the lower leagues for hidden gems that would sign and play for Redditch United. I am sure if you did not see it then you must see it now, this is no easy task and one that needed a little more than seven games. One could easily argue your best players and the ones that do actually belong to the football club were signed under these conditions and amazingly did fit in with Swans original £800 a week budget.

Now Swan listened to Hyde and gave him the reigns but he cheated and changed the rules in order to give Hyde a chance. The budget is now allegedly £1600 in order to subsidize Hydes shortcomings and lack of knowledge, Redditch United is now run under what can only be described as Telephone Football where the club spend all day looking for expensive loan players via the telephone, many arrive and have not even been watched they are just recommendations.

Hyde can NEVER build a team for Redditch under a budget that makes sense and the reason is obvious however fools like “Bob Marley” try to disguise the facts, the facts are that Hyde is totally out of his depth and does not know enough about his environment to succeed.

Swan has gone AWOL the team are of course better than there league position but tactically Hyde has no idea, I gained that from watching him for just one game, all he offers the football club is his name and his past career. Swan should take the blame he has sacked or pushed some good people from the club in order to back his Golden Child but now he has to face facts and act.

The question you should all ask your self is simple, where is your football team where are the players Hyde has signed that will take the club forward next season.
Hyde has been firefighting from day one with Loan after Loan but what of Swan and his plan to build a team under a budget the club can afford. Why is Swan in hiding and messing about with changing room doors while his club sinks like a stone. I don’t think Redditch will go down but when the players turn up for Pre Season next year how many players will you have other than those you had under Sockett & Smith.

Come on guys if you had given Sockett & Smith the plan Hyde has and the 50% increase in budget you know you would have been in the top six now, it’s not rocket science after all.

Shocked

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 328
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Mr Swan........................

Post  Mrs Moor on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:40 pm

Bob Marley wrote:Today I drive a Ford Explorer...very nice.

Football & Cars not your two best subjects my friend, a Ford Explorer Point and laugh Point and laugh

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 328
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Mr Swan........................

Post  Bob Marley on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:51 pm

avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Mr Swan........................

Post  Bob Marley on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:56 pm

You guy’s are all forgetting the most important thing, Swan gave Sockett & Smith £800 a week and told them to build a football team for Redditch United. Now they were sacked for doing just that, trying to build a football team with a budget of £800.

Now Swan listened to Hyde and gave him the reigns but he cheated and changed the rules in order to give Hyde a chance. The budget is now allegedly £1600 in order to subsidize Hydes shortcomings and lack of knowledge.

Come on guys if you had given Sockett & Smith the plan Hyde has and the 50% increase in budget you know you would have been in the top six now, it’s not rocket science after all.


Mathematics not your top subject MM? Crying with laughter
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Mr Swan........................

Post  Mrs Moor on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:20 pm

Bob Marley wrote:You guy’s are all forgetting the most important thing, Swan gave Sockett & Smith £800 a week and told them to build a football team for Redditch United. Now they were sacked for doing just that, trying to build a football team with a budget of £800.

Now Swan listened to Hyde and gave him the reigns but he cheated and changed the rules in order to give Hyde a chance. The budget is now allegedly £1600 in order to subsidize Hydes shortcomings and lack of knowledge.

Come on guys if you had given Sockett & Smith the plan Hyde has and the 50% increase in budget you know you would have been in the top six now, it’s not rocket science after all.


Mathematics not your top subject MM? Crying with laughter

Not really but if Hyde lost 50% of his budget would that not leave him with the Budget Sockett and Smith had, so although i am wrong i am still right, well sort of, but a Ford Explorer ................... Head against wall Head against wall

I love you

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 328
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Mr Swan........................

Post  RockDJ on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:35 am

I always see football a little like running a business.
I know that business do not flourish when the operating expense (Playing budget) is constantly raised and lower on an ad hoc basis.

If you were MD of a company do you think your staff (Players) would operate at their best if the Managers were to be constantly replaced?
But, by the same token should you keep a manager who is employed to improve your business (League position) by continuing to bring in agency workers (Loan players) and not achieving?

I watched Saturday’s game and every little tackle that Redditch missed timed the opposition surrounded and berated the referee. Our players hardly know each other, we seem to be missing that camaraderie that little spark from a consistent playing side.
avatar
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 209
Join date : 2011-01-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Mr Swan........................

Post  redsfan on Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:36 am

Bob Marley wrote:Today I drive a Ford Explorer...very nice.

But 25 years ago, I drove a mini...it wasn't very good, it was someone else's cast-off, it didn't even have a radio....but it was what I could afford without getting a bank loan (that I could not afford).

It's hard to make chicken soup out of chicken sh*t....doesn't matter who you are....

true but you can make a terrific pork chop!

redsfan
Midland Combination League

Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-01-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Mr Swan........................

Post  ted striker on Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:31 am

Mrs Moor wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:You guy’s are all forgetting the most important thing, Swan gave Sockett & Smith £800 a week and told them to build a football team for Redditch United. Now they were sacked for doing just that, trying to build a football team with a budget of £800.

Now Swan listened to Hyde and gave him the reigns but he cheated and changed the rules in order to give Hyde a chance. The budget is now allegedly £1600 in order to subsidize Hydes shortcomings and lack of knowledge.

Come on guys if you had given Sockett & Smith the plan Hyde has and the 50% increase in budget you know you would have been in the top six now, it’s not rocket science after all.


Mathematics not your top subject MM? Crying with laughter

Not really but if Hyde lost 50% of his budget would that not leave him with the Budget Sockett and Smith had, so although i am wrong i am still right, well sort of, but a Ford Explorer ................... Head against wall Head against wall

I love you

Mrs Moor, there are some people on this forum who are trying to treat you with respect and pay attention to your views, regardless of whether we agree with them.

But if you're going to behave like a knob, don't be surprised when people treat you like a knob.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 306
Join date : 2011-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Mr Swan........................

Post  in2thevalley on Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:27 am

ted striker wrote:
Mrs Moor wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:You guy’s are all forgetting the most important thing, Swan gave Sockett & Smith £800 a week and told them to build a football team for Redditch United. Now they were sacked for doing just that, trying to build a football team with a budget of £800.

Now Swan listened to Hyde and gave him the reigns but he cheated and changed the rules in order to give Hyde a chance. The budget is now allegedly £1600 in order to subsidize Hydes shortcomings and lack of knowledge.

Come on guys if you had given Sockett & Smith the plan Hyde has and the 50% increase in budget you know you would have been in the top six now, it’s not rocket science after all.


Mathematics not your top subject MM?

Not really but if Hyde lost 50% of his budget would that not leave him with the Budget Sockett and Smith had, so although i am wrong i am still right, well sort of, but a Ford Explorer ...................

I love you

Mrs Moor, there are some people on this forum who are trying to treat you with respect and pay attention to your views, regardless of whether we agree with them.

But if you're going to behave like a knob, don't be surprised when people treat you like a knob.

Quality Ted. Pure Quality.
avatar
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1640
Location : Here
Join date : 2011-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Mr Swan........................

Post  Mrs Moor on Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:29 pm

ted striker wrote:Mrs Moor, there are some people on this forum who are trying to treat you with respect and pay attention to your views, regardless of whether we agree with them.

But if you're going to behave like a knob, don't be surprised when people treat you like a knob.

Pathetic Ted, every post i make the fool in America comes back picking faults with my delivery, throwing petty insults or resorting to childish name calling and you never say a word. In fact he NEVER debates any of the issues surrounding the club all he does is insult people and their views and yet you choose to come on here and have a go at me.

I don't care if people treat me with respect but people should pay attention to my views because 90% of the time they are spot on which is why your mate in the US can't debate the subject only pick holes in the delivery and boast about his education, fancy car and how he single handedly saved the club with his loan repayment last time around.

Fact is you lost again tonight in front of 80 people, Swan is in hiding (excuse the pun) and from where i am sitting my constant observations have been on the money from day one. So I may be unable to gage the percentage of a budget increase correctly but I am wise enough to see it’s going straight down the toilet.

In fact a few people should come on and admit that i have been right from my very first post, you have an awful manager, a Chairman in chaos, and only a handful of players that belong to the football club. The budget has been doubled in order to accommodate the manager’s weaknesses and the game plan of building a team has been replaced with a telephone firefight for survival.

Mr Fenemore was the first choice manager for Mr Swan and Mr Fenemore wanted the job let’s be clear about that, the only thing Mr Fenemore insisted upon was the removal of Hyde. Swan bottled it and Fenemore walked, I suggest a few people read Mr Fenemore’s press release again and give it a moment of thought.

I may be a knob my friend but I am a knob that’s usually right, ask your self where your Chairman is and what he’s doing right now.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 328
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Mr Swan........................

Post  Bob Marley on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:13 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:
ted striker wrote:Mrs Moor, there are some people on this forum who are trying to treat you with respect and pay attention to your views, regardless of whether we agree with them. But if you're going to behave like a knob, don't be surprised when people treat you like a knob.
Pathetic Ted, every post i make the fool in America comes back picking faults with my delivery, throwing petty insults or resorting to childish name calling and you never say a word. In fact he NEVER debates any of the issues surrounding the club all he does is insult people and their views and yet you choose to come on here and have a go at me. I don't care if people treat me with respect but people should pay attention to my views because 90% of the time they are spot on which is why your mate in the US can't debate the subject only pick holes in the delivery and boast about his education, fancy car and how he single handedly saved the club with his loan repayment last time around. Fact is you lost again tonight in front of 80 people, Swan is in hiding (excuse the pun) and from where i am sitting my constant observations have been on the money from day one. So I may be unable to gage the percentage of a budget increase correctly but I am wise enough to see it’s going straight down the toilet. In fact a few people should come on and admit that i have been right from my very first post, you have an awful manager, a Chairman in chaos, and only a handful of players that belong to the football club. The budget has been doubled in order to accommodate the manager’s weaknesses and the game plan of building a team has been replaced with a telephone firefight for survival. Mr Fenemore was the first choice manager for Mr Swan and Mr Fenemore wanted the job let’s be clear about that, the only thing Mr Fenemore insisted upon was the removal of Hyde. Swan bottled it and Fenemore walked, I suggest a few people read Mr Fenemore’s press release again and give it a moment of thought. I may be a knob my friend but I am a knob that’s usually right, ask your self where your Chairman is and what he’s doing right now.

Funny as fluff..
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Mr Swan........................

Post  ted striker on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:33 am

Mrs Moor wrote:
ted striker wrote:Mrs Moor, there are some people on this forum who are trying to treat you with respect and pay attention to your views, regardless of whether we agree with them.

But if you're going to behave like a knob, don't be surprised when people treat you like a knob.

Pathetic Ted, every post i make the fool in America comes back picking faults with my delivery, throwing petty insults or resorting to childish name calling and you never say a word. In fact he NEVER debates any of the issues surrounding the club all he does is insult people and their views and yet you choose to come on here and have a go at me.

I don't care if people treat me with respect but people should pay attention to my views because 90% of the time they are spot on which is why your mate in the US can't debate the subject only pick holes in the delivery and boast about his education, fancy car and how he single handedly saved the club with his loan repayment last time around.

Fact is you lost again tonight in front of 80 people, Swan is in hiding (excuse the pun) and from where i am sitting my constant observations have been on the money from day one. So I may be unable to gage the percentage of a budget increase correctly but I am wise enough to see it’s going straight down the toilet.

In fact a few people should come on and admit that i have been right from my very first post, you have an awful manager, a Chairman in chaos, and only a handful of players that belong to the football club. The budget has been doubled in order to accommodate the manager’s weaknesses and the game plan of building a team has been replaced with a telephone firefight for survival.

Mr Fenemore was the first choice manager for Mr Swan and Mr Fenemore wanted the job let’s be clear about that, the only thing Mr Fenemore insisted upon was the removal of Hyde. Swan bottled it and Fenemore walked, I suggest a few people read Mr Fenemore’s press release again and give it a moment of thought.

I may be a knob my friend but I am a knob that’s usually right, ask your self where your Chairman is and what he’s doing right now.

So what was the point of your original comment about Bob's car? As a reminder:

Mrs Moor wrote:Football & Cars not your two best subjects my friend, a Ford Explorer Point and laugh Point and laugh

That's hardly debating the issues, is it? You then quoted your own comment in a later reply, still failing to clarify your point. Is it any wonder that people are mystified, bemused, angered, by your repeated visits to this forum, whether it's to make digs at someone else for the car they drive, or to further pontificate on the situation at our club? Surely there are far more interesting things going on at Damson Park? If your interest in our club is so much greater than it is in your own, buy a season ticket to the Valley, buy a shirt, a programme, visit the club shop, hell, we could have had 85 people there last night instead of 84.

Why are you so obsessed with the goings-on here? What is your agenda? Let's face it, you clearly care far more about our performances on the pitch than I do, judging by how frequently each of us attends Redditch matches.

Time to stop knobbing around, give us some straight answers. I'll go first, if you like. Rob Blundell, fan of Redditch United since about 1998-9, don't go to the Valley regularly as I'm usually at other games on Saturdays, reporting for the Mercury, NLP, sometimes at rugby instead... and quite frankly can't be arsed to stand on a freezing terrace watching hoofball, unless I'm getting paid for the privilege.

Now your turn.

Oh yes, and I neither know nor care where Chris Swan is.

And I don't think Bob has ever stated, or even hinted, that he saved the club single-handedly. I think you'll find that his contribution may have been the key to getting Chris Swan on board, but it's Chris Swan's money that prevented this club from going under, not Bob's, and Bob has never stated otherwise to the best of my knowledge or recall.

As for the Swan/Fenemore/Hyde ménage à trois, I've already expressed how my view opposes yours on that topic. Clearly we disagree, we're never going to agree, so I'm not going to go over it again. But I will say this: do you think that Mark Fenemore's viewpoint is in any way objective? Or would you be prepared to concede that, being one of the affected parties, his viewpoint might be somewhat informed, even maybe prejudiced, by his involvement in the saga?

You talk about a poor manager and a chairman in chaos. Our results have been poor for a number of seasons, going back to before Hyde's arrival at the club. We nearly got relegated the season that Rod Brown left. We nearly got relegated the season after that. We had a couple of okay seasons where we flirted with relegation but good sequences of results lifted us up the table at key times. Then we nearly got relegated again. Then we finished bottom. Now we're one place above the relegation zone in a lower league. We overspent under Pat Cremin and Rod Brown in order to get promoted, got promoted but there was never anything underpinning that success, and once the money ran out, we were always going to drop like RBS shares. Maybe Evostik 1 S&W is our natural level - 84 fans would suggest that to be the case. We will never be able to go back and replay the season with S&S in charge, and there's nothing to be gained from repeatedly changing manager if nothing changes behind the scenes. Good teams build from the back - good clubs are the same. We need to get the infrastructure in place first, then build a team on top. Arsene, for instance, has been arguing that point for as long as I've known him. We could bring in Alex Ferguson, and he wouldn't get this team winning, so why on earth should Hyde be any more likely to do so?

Chris Swan is in chaos? Don't see that placename on any map. Having never met him, I can't claim any knowledge of his reasons for making any specific decision. But it wouldn't surprise me if he has come into the club thinking that he could remain emotionally removed, and make all decisions on a purely rational basis, only to find once he's involved that it's impossible to remain completely dispassionate. If you've been around football clubs as long as I think you have, you'll understand that as much as anyone.

Then again, we could always debate the issues.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 306
Join date : 2011-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Mr Swan........................

Post  Mrs Moor on Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:52 am

Hi Rob

Fair enough I had a little dig at Steve and you pulled me up on it but fair’s fair my friend every post he made about me ended in with an insult or gesture probably both. My retaliation was an observation regarding his perception of quality nothing more nothing less and certainly not a swear word or rude icon something he has been guilty of sharing with me for months, again I notice you fail to mention his conduct and prefer to concentrate on mine.

While I enjoyed reading your post with regard to the History of the last few seasons I was only interested in the point raised by Sid and it was to that point I initially replied to, I can only comment on what is posted and I certainly remember Steve posting a reminder to another of your supporters on the forum that he alone stood tall in one gathering and rubbished one of your previous incarnations while everyone else ignored his foresight and remained loyal to the cause, perhaps he overstated his role but my comment was largely directed towards his own post and perhaps my own poor interpretation.

I agree with your point about not constantly changing Managers in fact that was my point when I first joined the forum, we lost seven on the trot if you remember but have stuck by our man and turned it around, we did that because despite the results every man and his dog could see the football was going in the right direction and the signings were in general of the quality required, can you honestly say the same.

My interest is genuine and as my posts indicate I may have a little too much time on my hands, however I am familiar with many of the personalities recently employed by your club and that is why my interest remains kindled. While this is a Redditch forum I am sure healthy debate and healthy banter are welcomed by most and people should really concentrate on the issues rather than insulting the poster.

I really would enjoy your comments with regard to the points made rather than your feelings towards me. Socket and Smith were allegedly given £800 to build a team from local undiscovered talent that could make the grade higher up the pyramid. However constant alleged backbiting from Hyde directed towards the chair made life very difficult to the point where something had to give, one could of course ask a simple enough question “why was Hyde not working within the team and for the greater good of Redditch United” at this point.

Mark Fenemore who had observed from a short distance the behaviour of Hyde quite rightly refused the job if Hyde was to remain that much is on public record, after all who needs a nasty back biter allegedly working towards his own ends constantly in your shadow. Nobody can argue with Fenemore’s logic after what had gone on before.

The question all Redditch United supporters should ask is simple, are the club attracting players of the right quality to the club, players who will sign for and play for Redditch United under the original budget. Secondly and most importantly does the team look like they playing well with a passion and desire obvious to all.

If after operating at this level for so long in various roles the team still look to be going backwards without direction then changes need to be made, not because you are in danger of relegation or losing games but because put simply there is no light at the end of the tunnel only further disorganization and heartache.

Money helps if you spend it wisely not hit and hope on a telephone lottery, I still believe anyone with a good local knowledge could get Redditch into the playoffs with £1600 a week to play with

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 328
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Mr Swan........................

Post  SID SNOT on Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:04 am

Mrs Moor wrote:

Money helps if you spend it wisely not hit and hope on a telephone lottery, I still believe anyone with a good local knowledge could get Redditch into the playoffs with £1600 a week to play with

+1
avatar
SID SNOT
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 65
Join date : 2011-01-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Mr Swan........................

Post  rawlings09 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:48 am

SID SNOT wrote:
Mrs Moor wrote:

Money helps if you spend it wisely not hit and hope on a telephone lottery, I still believe anyone with a good local knowledge could get Redditch into the playoffs with £1600 a week to play with

+1
+2.

I find myself agreeing to some of the things said by Mrs. Moor on a regular basis... but that could be due to frustration about current form and ofcourse the current form is due to the manager...

Although, Mrs. Moor, the current management team is Hyde and Curly... was it you that said curly brings in our players?
avatar
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1139
Location : Nowhere near Blyth
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Mr Swan........................

Post  mattim on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:09 pm

Just like to say what an absolutely top post from Ted Striker, if I'd had time to write one it would have said exactly what he said. Keep up the good work, some good points raised and even provoked a little bit of humble pie from Mrs Moor - lovely !

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 276
Join date : 2011-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Mr Swan........................

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum