Monthly News Letter Jan 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Monthly News Letter Jan 2012

Post  RockDJ on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:37 am

Please find below link to the January news letter.

http://www.redditchutdfc.co.uk/club-newsletter/
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monthly News Letter Jan 2012

Post  in2thevalley on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:57 am

Cheers. Have missed reading the newsletters.
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:01 am

Positive...great effort
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SID SNOT on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:17 am

A Car Boot on a Wednesday morning, what a tremendous idea. I suggest we perhaps start kicking off on a Monday lunchtime too.
SID SNOT
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:04 am

Newsletter is fantastic!! Cup

Although a Carboot on a wendesday morning did puzzle me but it shouldn't be knocked before it's tried. I think on a saturday morning then offer tickets to the game in the afternoon would be a good idea.

£250,000 turnover now is fantastic though!

Onwards and Upwards as Steve would say Wink
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:22 am

This market / car boot idea has a less than zero chance of success.

The Kingfisher Shopping Centre has two failed attempts at launching new markets in Redditch. Firstly, at the rear of Debenhams and more recently, the idea of an indoor market in what is now B&M Bargains. Both were dismal failures. If the Kingfisher Shopping Centre can’t do it, what chance have we got?

This idea needs to be nipped in the bud before the club starts losing money on it.

That aside, the newsletter is good to see and an interesting read. Hopefully it will be promoted through Facebook & Twitter so the more casual fans get to see it.
del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:42 am

rawlings09 wrote:

These figures can’t be correct!! If something sounds too good to be true…….

I can’t see how our current revenues (on average) get anywhere near £5k a week?

I’m sure Mr. Swan made a statement around the start of the season that it costs around £120k per year just to keep the club running. If £250k is the clubs turnover then fantastic, but I just can’t see it. I hope I’m wrong.

And as for turnover to increase from £20k to £250k…..no chance. Surely a typo?
del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:16 pm

del boy wrote:
rawlings09 wrote:

These figures can’t be correct!! If something sounds too good to be true…….

I can’t see how our current revenues (on average) get anywhere near £5k a week?

I’m sure Mr. Swan made a statement around the start of the season that it costs around £120k per year just to keep the club running. If £250k is the clubs turnover then fantastic, but I just can’t see it. I hope I’m wrong.

And as for turnover to increase from £20k to £250k…..no chance. Surely a typo?

Why can't they be correct? What can't speak can't lie! Very Happy

They are outstanding figures, if true, although i can't see how you can mistakingly type £250,000...
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:38 pm

Before I read the newsletter, and had only seen the other responses, I too thought that a Wednesday morning carboot/market was a terrible idea. But, having seen the newsletter in full, I can understand the Swans' thinking. That Henley market was always rammed whenever I drove past, and if we can get just a significant fraction of those people to come to Redditch, then it has every chance of working. Hopefully Chris and Sallie have done their market research (pun may be intended) and already have an indication of the likely turnout for such an event, if it can be arranged regularly.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:31 am

BARRY FRY!! BARRY FRY!! BARRY FRY!! BARRY FRY!! Hyper Hyper

Admin

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:51 am

On the topic of the wednesday market, I think this could be a good idea if the other one at Henley was popular. However, just walked throguh town today and noticed there is a bric-a-brac market sale that goes on behind Debenhams on Wednesdays so wonder whetehr this would provide competition. However, that part of the town is always deserted so I doubt people are flocking in their hundreds to that market...

Good to see the newsletter back really good work. Looking ofrward to the next edition Very Happy
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:10 am

ted striker wrote:Before I read the newsletter, and had only seen the other responses, I too thought that a Wednesday morning carboot/market was a terrible idea. But, having seen the newsletter in full, I can understand the Swans' thinking. That Henley market was always rammed whenever I drove past, and if we can get just a significant fraction of those people to come to Redditch, then it has every chance of working. Hopefully Chris and Sallie have done their market research (pun may be intended) and already have an indication of the likely turnout for such an event, if it can be arranged regularly.

The car boot / market at henley was like walking into a ghost town on Saturdays & Sundays however on wednesday it incorported the livestock and flower auction and that auction was the reason for the large footfall. This auction has now split and moved to Coventry behind where city train and a liitle farm inbetween long marston and stratford.

Interestingly a few henley regulars can be found in redditch at the small market / flea centre behind arrow auctions. I can't see it working to be honest Alvechurch have had several goes over the years and it's really only the weekend boots that make the money, Highgate United used to have a good one that made a lot of money for the club especially at weekends, we have also had a Sunday boot for a long time but to be honest it's hard to make money and especially during the week.

The poster who suggested a Saturday morning boot is on the money, the area is crying out for a Saturday boot.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Car Boot

Post  V.C. on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:24 pm

The club is pleased that most of you like the return of the newsletter.

Mixed feelings on the car boot, unfortunately during the season weekends are very difficult as there is a match every week, whether it be first team or under 21's. All the club can do is try. Head against wall

V.C.
Midland Combination League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:40 pm

Glad to see the newsletter back and I think this is a crucial comms method that should be posted to as many people as possible.

The car boot is a great idea and maybe something that can be done on a Weekend in the summer? Evenings once BST starts is something to consider?

In respect of some feedback would it be possible to consider the following:

1. Player in's and out's and also how many players are signed up in the squad?
2. Maybe incorporate a youth section and what is happening there?
3. What about a section for the club to ask if anybody is interested in helping the club out in any areas (eg ground, commercial, marketing etc)? May find some people out there to help the club in some areas that are being worked on!
4. What about adding to the history of the Reds with interviews of former Reds greats from past times (eg Billy Collier, Danny Lewis, Mark Taylor, Big Ex etc) and what they are upto nowadays?

Great start!
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:43 pm

V.C. wrote:The club is pleased that most of you like the return of the newsletter.

Mixed feelings on the car boot, unfortunately during the season weekends are very difficult as there is a match every week, whether it be first team or under 21's. All the club can do is try. Head against wall

I agree that all the club can do is try! There would certainly be a lot more criticism on here if the club didn’t bother to try anything!!! But at least we are seeing positive criticism on here. Sorry, but I just can’t see it working.

Lethall’s ideas are good; not just for the newsletter, but for the match day programme and website too.
del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top