Cirencester's view on the game

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cirencester's view on the game

Post  in2thevalley on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:09 am

CirencesterTown 1 - 0 Redditch United

The wind and pitch were the only winners at the Corinium Stadium in the first half on Saturday spoiling any chance of any good football.

Cirencester started the better of the two sides playing up the slope into the wind and had their only two shots of the half inside the first 6 minutes.

Firstly James Mortimer-Jones drove a free kick over the bar and then only a few minutes later Lee Smith making his debut on loan from Worcester City cut in from the right and hit a left footed shot straight at Redditch goalkeeper Dean Coleman who couldn’t hold onto it but his defence cleared the danger.

On a heavy pitch with the wind swirling, both teams struggled to get the ball down and play and build up any momentum and it mean’t a scrappy affair that both sets of fans were to witness. It also certainly wasn’t helped by some strange decisions from referee Andrew Newell, particularly when Nathan Davies was booked after a challenge on him and was also then held down by Joseph Halsall.

Redditch had only one attempt on goal, that coming a few minutes before half time when a looping shot caused young Development team debutant Mike Hedges no real problems as he caught it comfortably.

Just after the restart Lee Smith again cut in from the right and curled a shot to the far post which Dean Coleman went full length to his right to turn away for the first corner of the game.

On 59 minutes Wayne Turk, making his debut after signing from Forest Green Rovers in midweek, hit a rasping shot just wide of the post as Cirencester got on top of the game.

Redditch who had shown limited attacking options did get in at the far post on 67 minutes but Thomas Berwick’s shot was beaten away confidently by Hedges in the Cirencester goal. As the clock started to run down it looked like Cirencester would be denied the three points they so needed until an unlikely scorer popped up with a dramatic winner.

On 86 minutes Zak Westlake made a great intercepting tackle midway inside the Cirencester half and broke away. Westlake surged into the Redditch half and went straight towards the heart of the Redditch back four before showing composure to slot a pass through to Wayne Turk. His shot curled inside the far top corner to spark jubilant scenes from the players, staff and supporters of Cirencester Town as they went 1-0 up.

Then it was the turn of 18 year old goalkeeper Mike Hedges to prove a real match-winner on his full debut. On 88 minutes after a ricochet in the box the ball broke to a Redditch forward but Hedges charged from his line and got a hand to the shot and enough of a touch to take the ball wide of the goal for a corner. He then bettered that save in the last minute of the game when a great pass was played inside left back Ellis Dunton for Jake Jones to run onto. Jones cut inside and was now just inside the area but Hedges flew out and spread himself to make a great blocking save and deny Redditch an equaliser.

For the last two minutes of time added on Cirencester’s experienced players managed to hold the ball up in the corner and seal an excellent and much deserved victory and most importantly a vital three points.

Attendance – 123

Referee – Andrew Newell
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cirencester's view on the game

Post  Leethall on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:19 am

All in all sounds like we were absolutely shocking.

Sounds like a good idea is to arrange a friendly instead of training this week...
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:33 am

Attendance 123... see? it could be worse!
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:53 am

Cuckoo to Magpie, Cuckoo to Magpie

Should he go or should he stay now ?

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:02 pm

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:35 pm

porrohman wrote:
Hyde has no local knowledge and no idea and is out of his depth.'
'Hyde is throwing money down the drain'
'In Hyde you are flogging a dead horse'
'All Hyde is doing is bringing in loan players'
'Take it from me, Hyde is dead wood'
'Hyde has been the one constant in your string of poor results'.

Yuup!! Crying with laughter

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:45 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:Cuckoo to Magpie, Cuckoo to Magpie

Should he go or should he stay now ?

Tedious and predictable as always.Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:56 pm

Hooking rate of 100% though Head against wall

Admin

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:23 am

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:Hooking rate of 100% though Head against wall

To be honest i was looking for some genuine thoughts but it it seems the people who were spouting thier mouths off earlier in the season have nothing to say.

You see it was the reverse of this fixture that had most of the supporters on this forum up in arms and the final nail in the coffin of Sockett & Smith, yet here we are with the season drawing to a close with Redditch fighting to stay above the drop zone. A bigger budget, yet more LOAN players and nothing at all to build on for next season, in fact one could argue that under Hyde Redditch are just becoming a fitness boosting front for other local sides where they send thier injured to gain match fitness.

What a shambles no team building at all, it's just a case of throwing good money at LOAN players in order to make Hyde look good. What happened to building a side and fighting for a play off place.

I don't expect the people who call me names and post little icons to come back because quite frankly i was always right and they were always wrong, they can't say anything except to acknowledge my foresight and briliance.

This has been an expensive waste of a season, no team to talk of just a few contract players and a load of loan signings. At least in August it was your players winning games and it would have been your players now fighting for a play off place instead of somebody elses players fighting your religation battle.

Hyde's time is up, he can't do the job and the people who bash me know it, what a complete waste of a season and nothing at all to look forward to except the loan players leaving in due course.

All the best from Sunny Solihull ............................... Smile

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:35 am

Mrs Moor wrote: to acknowledge my foresight and briliance.

Your spelling of brilliance is not brilliant.
del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tmorton90 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:57 am

Who is this wanker anyway? Bore off to your own forum and stop trolling ours!

tmorton90
Midland Combination League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:05 am

Mrs Moor wrote:To be honest i was looking for some genuine thoughts but it it seems the people who were spouting thier mouths off earlier in the season have nothing to say.

You see it was the reverse of this fixture that had most of the supporters on this forum up in arms and the final nail in the coffin of Sockett & Smith, yet here we are with the season drawing to a close with Redditch fighting to stay above the drop zone. A bigger budget, yet more LOAN players and nothing at all to build on for next season, in fact one could argue that under Hyde Redditch are just becoming a fitness boosting front for other local sides where they send thier injured to gain match fitness.

What a shambles no team building at all, it's just a case of throwing good money at LOAN players in order to make Hyde look good. What happened to building a side and fighting for a play off place.

I don't expect the people who call me names and post little icons to come back because quite frankly i was always right and they were always wrong, they can't say anything except to acknowledge my foresight and briliance.

This has been an expensive waste of a season, no team to talk of just a few contract players and a load of loan signings. At least in August it was your players winning games and it would have been your players now fighting for a play off place instead of somebody elses players fighting your religation battle.

Hyde's time is up, he can't do the job and the people who bash me know it, what a complete waste of a season and nothing at all to look forward to except the loan players leaving in due course.

All the best from Sunny Solihull ............................... Smile

To counter that, we did win 5 out of 6 immediately before Christmas, with Hyde and those loan players. We've lost 4 out of 5 since then. It's a tough, competitive, tight league where the gap between top 6 and bottom 6 is hardly vast, and a little momentum is everything. Three of the bottom 4 won on Saturday, a few weeks ago no more than 1 of the top 6 won.

The difficulty with this is we can't go back in time to September, decide not to sock Sackett and Smith and see how things pan out. We're only ever comparing our current situation with a hypothetical one, so to say "frankly I was always right and they were always wrong" is the kind of "opinion dressed as fact" for which this forum is becoming most notable, on both sides of the divide.

Clearly, it's possible to read some symbolism into Saturday's defeat at Cirencester - as you point out, it was our defeat to them in September that precipitated S&S's departure, and there was some real venom from our fans after the "terrible" performance (put in quotes as I wasn't there, so don't have an opinion); with Saturday's defeat attracting some comments of a similar nature, it's certainly difficult for me, who's only seen 4 Reds games all season, to understand how things have improved since September. BUT, as I said, we can't know how things would have turned out if the decision hadn't been taken to replace S&S.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SID SNOT on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:52 am

Mrs Moor wrote:
Redditchbluenose86 wrote:Hooking rate of 100% though Head against wall

+1
SID SNOT
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:15 am

Answer the question Mrs Moor..you have been asked it on here before.. What have you got against our Manager?
Don't mess around answer the question it's plain and simple. You are quick enough to come on after a defeat, when we are on a good run you are nowhere to be seen..although we know who you are....Solihull had any fines lately?
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:57 am

My opinions for what they're worth:

Sockett and Smith wouldn't have got Redditch close to the play-off places.

Sockett and Smith wouldn't have Redditch as close as they are to the relgation places at this stage.

As Ted said, this league is tight and competitive - meaning as soon as you have a couple of injuries/disruptions, you can struggle as quickly as you put a run together - Bashley have had a similar situation - 3 players sent-off in the Trophy, couple of injuries and a loan period expired and they've gone from beating Stourbridge and knocking on the door of the top five to something like one win in 14, with mostly the same squad.

Redditch were never going to sustain a play-off push.

Redditch won't go down.

A young, solid but unspectacular side like Redditch, with a couple of faces out, will sometimes get outbattled and rolled over by a poor but hardworking side like Cirencester - they will also go to places like Leamington and be capable of a win when good sides have an off day.

Where Mrs Moor does have a point is about loan players - I might be wrong, but I don't think Reds are spending that much more on players salaries. Young loanees, if talented enough and ready, can be the best option on a limited budget in the short term, but look at the sides who go up from this level - not always spending big bucks - they are the ones who keep a side together over time, not having to replace key components every couple of months.

What Redditch are doing is fine if you want to stay where you are now, but will that get the crowds/sponsors in to make up the shortfall? Probably not, and that's without considering when you want to kick on.
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:33 am

Some super points raised by Ted & Fingers but porrohman just can’t help himself, where was I when you were doing well if memory serves I was at Leamington watching you beat them. To be honest I am still blushing from my previous post that was one “L” of a mistake, but porrohman you really need to keep up.

Why don’t I like Hyde well I feel that four or five good people were stabbed in the back and the wool pulled over the eyes of a Chairman who seems to lack discretion and bottle and who seems a little star struck.

Most of you guys choose to ignore the agenda set at the beginning of the season and the philosophy set by the Chairman. This was to build a team, the team needed to operate under the budget available and the idea was to find local hidden gems from around the region and sign them up for the club, a James Dance scenario if you like.

Anyway this was no easy task but rather than work as a team and all pull in one direction one person who had the Chairman’s ear more than most chose to constantly back stab the very people he was supposed to working with. He continued to do this until he himself was the last man standing.

Then Hyde discovers he can’t cope and his team can’t win, week after week they lose and he needs to amend the rules quickly, rules the others were under strict instructions to work too.

So now the Chairman throws out the rules along with the promises he made to build a team and in order to save his blushes increases prices and throws money at LOAN players, any fool can pick up a telephone and ask who can be borrowed for a few weeks. What on earth has happened to signing players, where have the Chairman’s promised and blueprint gone. Yes the side has a couple of injuries but is Hyde now saying by having a few players out the whole team collapses.

Sorry but his coaching is non existent I listened to him for 90 minutes and people were falling about laughing, even I had no idea how poor he was until I witnessed it in real life. What upsets me is that four or five genuine people were slaughtered by this teacher’s pet of a manager and that the chairman does not have the bottle to address the problem.

Instead of worrying about a few injuries ask yourself what kind of side you would have if all of the expensive LOAN players were taken away, ask yourself what Hyde has done at least the others had a go at building a team whatever you thought of it.

If he can’t sign players now what makes you think he can in the future he’s had ages compared to the others. Come on guys wakey wakey!!

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:28 am

tmorton90 wrote:Who is this wanker anyway? Bore off to your own forum and stop trolling ours!

With statements like this mr Morton, Im glad your post input on 'your' forum is as low as it is.
Id be interested in what you actually mean by 'trolling' Your forum.
Its quite clear that Mrs Moor isnt a Redditch Utd supporter, but that doesnt give you the right to come out with such an embarrasing reply.
Its football mate, either talk football back, or simply ignore it.
Theres a saying about keeping your mouth shut and letting people wonder if youre an idiot, rather than open it too soon and prove it.
I always thought Forums were a place to share an interest and debate them, not a juvenile playground where you can post silly green wanking smileys and kill freedom of speach
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tmorton90 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:46 am

Trolling: Posting messages with the intention of provoking other readers.

tmorton90
Midland Combination League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:55 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:
tmorton90 wrote:Who is this wanker anyway? Bore off to your own forum and stop trolling ours!

I always thought Forums were a place to share an interest and debate them, not a juvenile playground where you can post silly green wanking smileys and kill freedom of speach

It's actually a Yahtzee emoticon.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:55 pm

Andy, Mrs Moor doesn't put posts on for a bite. He only comes on here because he's a vindictive so and so who probably hasn't even spoken to a man he loves to stick the knife into....exactly what he accuses Graham of. We know you were at Leamington Mrs Moor, we knew before you posted that you went. You just can't let go can you? You have nothing to do with our club anymore, you are a complete outsider now that knows nothing and hangs on to tittle tattle like a Grimsby fishwife. I've got a boil on my ass like you...I can tell when it will pop up....it's so predictable. A bad result and up you pop. A cold day and up pops my boil.
Also please don't ask me to keep up Mrs Moor...I've forgotten more about what's going on at my club than you'll ever know.
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:09 pm

porrohman wrote: You have nothing to do with our club anymore, you are a complete outsider now that knows nothing and hangs on to tittle tattle like a Grimsby fishwife.

.....interesting Suspect

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:42 pm

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:
porrohman wrote: You have nothing to do with our club anymore, you are a complete outsider now that knows nothing and hangs on to tittle tattle like a Grimsby fishwife.

.....interesting Suspect

Not really i suspect old porrohman hardly watches Redditch, all he ever comes back with are insults. Here's one for you porrohman the local managers are calling Hyde "Busby" because he spends all day on the blower. But you already knew that, didn't you. Crying with laughter

Anyway back to football, as you claim to know so much porrohman could you explain why Hyde is sending fully fit players out on loan and bringing in loan players to replace them. Is he saying his players are not good enough to play at this level and if so why is he keeping them on the books. I know some of your players are really pi**ed off with this kind of mickey mouse management, rather than play them he brings in loan players at a huge cost and then sends your own "REDDITCH PLAYERS" packing. They are now unable to train with their own club, get involved with team building and moral and are unable to fight for a place in the side. When the LOAN players leave he has promised they will be back and in contention for a place Embarassed .

Sounds a bit silly to me, perhaps you could explain porrohman Head against wall

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:37 am

I hardly watch Redditch. This confirms you know nothing Mrs Moor. Tittle tattle is your thing isn't it!! I don't need to explain anything to you, you are making a fool of yourself and your club all the time. Does anyone at the driving range know you spent half your life on here?
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:45 am

Mrs Moor wrote:
Redditchbluenose86 wrote:

.....interesting Suspect

Not really i suspect old porrohman hardly watches Redditch, all he ever comes back with are insults. Here's one for you porrohman the local managers are calling Hyde "Busby" because he spends all day on the blower. But you already knew that, didn't you.

Anyway back to football, as you claim to know so much porrohman could you explain why Hyde is sending fully fit players out on loan and bringing in loan players to replace them. Is he saying his players are not good enough to play at this level and if so why is he keeping them on the books. I know some of your players are really pi**ed off with this kind of mickey mouse management, rather than play them he brings in loan players at a huge cost and then sends your own "REDDITCH PLAYERS" packing. They are now unable to train with their own club, get involved with team building and moral and are unable to fight for a place in the side. When the LOAN players leave he has promised they will be back and in contention for a place Embarassed .

Sounds a bit silly to me, perhaps you could explain porrohman

Mrs Moor, Porrohman, hardly watches redditch play. Shows how little you know then doesn't it.
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:45 am

Porroman is an egg chaser Very Happy
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/