Reds 1 Hitch Hikers 4

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Reds 1 Hitch Hikers 4

Post  Mrs Moor on Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:54 am

Bob Marley wrote:substainable growth....look it up.

You did mention you thought you were a clever chappie and that you had a degree etc so please don't mock or insult me when i ask "just what is" (Substainable growth).

Surely the mere implication of "sub" would indicate no growth at all.

Anyway it must be an American thing and i'm sure you can put me on track without and insult.

By the way it's ironing night tonight so i may be a little busy wanker

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:20 am

arsene wrote:
SID SNOT wrote:I think we are on a downward spiral and this is down to the in experience of the manager. I would like to see Hyde out ASAP, and replaced by everyone's favourite ex centre forward/coach/assistant manager Mr Carlos Heggs.

Not everyone's!!!!!!!

+1
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:01 am

For what it’s worth I also believe that we must do everything possible to achieve sustainable growth, but I think we are falling way short of achieving this at the moment with Mr Swan propping up the shortfall with his hard earned cash.

I’m sure that given his business background and his original mission statement wanting RUFC to be self-sustainable that various plans and strategies are being instigated and hopefully will come into fruition very soon.

I can also see where some people are coming from with regards to Mr Hyde but surely we must have some stability for a little while. A period of sustained Managerial stability would allow the directors to make informed decisions based on prolonged results and facts.

We still have various youth teams from under 10’s through to U21’s and ability and ladies squads. These are well supported and managed with a fantastic structure providing an infrastructure that allows players with suitable ability to train and even play first team football.

As far as I’m aware Mr Hyde still provides a role in community liaison and visits local schools to promote these youth squads as well as our work and club objectives. This is vital to grassroots football and should underpin everything we are trying to achieve. It provides the supporters, investors and with a bit of luck some home grown talent of the future.
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:03 am

My point is about perspective.

In this thread, there are complaints about Hyde/Deabill/Warmer/substitutes/Chairman/U21's/$1 increase/TRUST/communication/functions/burger flipper/next door's cat.

If I was running the London Marathon in April, I wouldn't expect to go out tomorrow morning and complete 26 miles in less that 5 hours.
It would take me months of preparation, planning, failures etc before I succeed.

If I was a Man City supporter, I would be very concerned how the club can afford $200k / week players? OK, the Sheikh is there now....but we will see in the next few years.

I was talking to a Pompey fan the other night. He was telling me that he would swap the FA Cup win for financial security of his team any day of the week and what happened to his club should be a lesson to football.

You criticise all you want...no problem for me..just be careful what you wish for.

Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy on Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:16 pm

Bob Marley wrote:
If I was running the London Marathon in April, I wouldn't expect to go out tomorrow morning and complete 26 miles in less that 5 hours.
It would take me months of preparation, planning, failures etc before I succeed.

You’re absolutely right here. It does take time. So it’s a shame that Mrs. Swan publicly ’threw her toys out of the pram’ quite recently. I agree with RockDJ, that the Swans probably are subsidizing the club at the moment. But when you take over a failing business, you can’t expect to turn it around in just a few months. Any new owners taking over any failing business should expect to have to prop it up in the short term.

I don’t want our club to be bankrolled. I want it to be self sustainable. But in the short term, I think it needs to be done. If the Swans are happy to do this for now, then I for one am grateful for that.

The playing budget at the start of the season could have got us relegated. So maybe it is necessary for the club to be propped up with a better playing budget. Yes, that is us being subsidised, but you could also argue that paying out more to ensure we stay at this level is an investment for the future.

There are plans for a new 3G pitch to be installed. Mr. Swan has also previously hinted at improving the clubs corporate facilities. If and when these improvements are in place, that is the time when our club can become competitive and self sustainable.

It’s kind of rude to expect even more significant investment from the Swans. If they are happy to do so, then that’s great for the club. You have to speculate to accumulate. Giving the clubhouse a lick of paint and tidying up the ground just isn’t going to do it. If they choose to not invest any more, then that’s fine too. They have already done more than enough for us.

We can’t expect crowds to increase anymore than they are now until we are challenging at the top of the league table. But that is hard to achieve without additional support from the people of Redditch. This is the vicious circle that most football clubs find themselves in. In all honesty, most of the games this season have been poor. I’ve seen little that would encourage a first time attendee to return.

There is nothing wrong with any constructive criticism that is posted on here. Hopefully, it is read and taken on board.
del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:25 pm

Southam United are massive, they have Howard Forinton playing for them wanker

There are a few players in the Midland Comb who could play at this level, most of these are playing for RC Warwick.
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead on Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:58 pm

Bob Marley wrote:My point is about perspective.

In this thread, there are complaints about Hyde/Deabill/Warmer/substitutes/Chairman/U21's/$1 increase/TRUST/communication/functions/burger flipper/next door's cat.

If I was a Man City supporter, I would be very concerned how the club can afford $200k / week players? OK, the Sheikh is there now....but we will see in the next few years.

I was talking to a Pompey fan the other night. He was telling me that he would swap the FA Cup win for financial security of his team any day of the week and what happened to his club should be a lesson to football.

You criticise all you want...no problem for me..just be careful what you wish for.

It's not the first time you have made a comment like that. It could be seen as a veiled threat. Surely supporters wanting their team to be more successful is only natural? It's part and parcel of being a football fan. You have said in a previous post that you are business associate of Chris Swan and indeed you said you know how he works. You are also (I may be wrong) the Chairman of TRUST. In the plans or possible plans you have seen or discussions you have had with Chris Swan do you know anything that could explain such a warning? I'm not suggesting there is anything untoward in his intentions. As I have said on many occasions we owe Chris Swan a massive debt of gratitude. He has shown himself to be nothing short of a philanthropist. However the last line of your post is a little troubling.
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:36 pm

My opinion.
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead on Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:46 pm

Bob Marley wrote:My opinion.

I'll leave others to judge that rather ambiguous answer to a very simple question.
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor on Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:47 pm

Leethall wrote:Southam United are massive, they have Howard Forinton playing for them wanker

There are a few players in the Midland Comb who could play at this level, most of these are playing for RC Warwick.

Leethall as much as i respect your opinion i am afraid i just dropped the iron half way through an M&S skirt when i read your latest post.

Racing have a massive budget and are fourth from bottom of the MFC Premier they have only won four games this season and are a very poor side with some very poor players, most of them living off past glories.

But i agree there are a lot of MFC players that could play for Redditch and you have put a few on contract already, and yes most of the better signings came with Socket & Smith at the helm.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor on Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:58 pm

Really I thought it was just blatant hypocrisy

Bob Marley wrote:If I was running the London Marathon in April, I wouldn't expect to go out tomorrow morning and complete 26 miles in less that 5 hours.

You’re the guy who was slagging off a side in the right half of the table looking like play off contenders, you were also insulting the individuals concerned despite the fact you knew nothing about them and had never watched a game.

Now because the people you like are making a bigger mess of things and wasting a lot more money than the last lot you begin to talk of preparation and marathons.

You gave the last lot “SEVEN GAMES” and you were full of yourself on here telling everyone your opinion and now that opinion has been proved to be fantasy you come on begging for time.

I can’t wait until you come over and see your boy in action……………… Embarassed Embarassed

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman on Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:06 pm

Mrs Moor.
I watch my team alot more than you. For you to say we were play off contenders seven games in proves how little you know.
I can't wait for the day The Bores get fined for playing an illegal player, or miss a league meeting because you've dropped the ball thinking about your ex girlfriend. violin
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor on Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:12 pm

porrohman wrote:Mrs Moor.
I watch my team alot more than you. For you to say we were play off contenders seven games in proves how little you know.
I can't wait for the day The Bores get fined for playing an illegal player, or miss a league meeting because you've dropped the ball thinking about your ex girlfriend. violin

Fair point Poorhman i did mean compared to this lot now, that said you did have your best league position and you did sign some of your best players around that time.

You will have to help me out with the illegal player & the ex-girlfriend. Smile

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:42 pm

Ofcourse people will be going on about Jim Deabill, afro , etc but it's all present day matters that are being discussed on an open and unofficial forum.

Everyone has an opinion and just because it doesn't match yours, doesn't make it any less valid... Living in the past won't help us... yes in a few years we'll look back and reminice but this isn't a forum called "lets all discuss what happened 10 months ago with the take over and everyone agree with everyone"

Personally, i'll be happy with just staying in this league, then progressing next season or whatever, i think after a full season in charge the swans and Graham will have more of an understanding of the league, Redditch United football club and non-league football alltogether.

Steve, you're a great guy and i look forward to seeing you again whenever you come back over, even though some of your posts on here confuse me... must be all that american water Wink
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:41 pm

You’re the guy who was slagging off a side in the right half of the table looking like play off contenders, you were also insulting the individuals concerned despite the fact you knew nothing about them and had never watched a game.

I saw plenty of Rugby games when Sockett was manager. Nothing more than hoofball.
Playoff contenders? are you having a laugh?
Just about sums it up really.
I have seen plenty of sides with Smudger involved (playing & coaching)...good guy, great leader, but out of his depth imo. I criticized the appointment at the time...check back on previous posts.

Now because the people you like are making a bigger mess of things and wasting a lot more money than the last lot you begin to talk of preparation and marathons.
In your opinion Mrs Bore. My opinion is that we are doing fine considering the sh*t mess casued by S&S.

I can’t wait until you come over and see your boy in action
I saw plenty of Graham in 2011 to make up my mind. I talk everyweek to supporters who go to every game...I don't need your opinion.

Anyway, I answered all of your questions, now answer my previous question:

Where you involved with the previous regime at RUFC? Yes or No answer will be fine.

Last edited by Bob Marley on Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:44 pm

Mr Bonehead wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:My opinion.

I'll leave others to judge that rather ambiguous answer to a very simple question.

? you asked me where I draw my conclusions ?
I replied to you with a very clear statement?

Why is that ambiguous?

Simple answer to a simple question.
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead on Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:03 pm

Mr Bonehead wrote:

It's not the first time you have made a comment like that. It could be seen as a veiled threat. Surely supporters wanting their team to be more successful is only natural? It's part and parcel of being a football fan. You have said in a previous post that you are business associate of Chris Swan and indeed you said you know how he works. You are also (I may be wrong) the Chairman of TRUST. In the plans or possible plans you have seen or discussions you have had with Chris Swan do you know anything that could explain such a warning? I'm not suggesting there is anything untoward in his intentions. As I have said on many occasions we owe Chris Swan a massive debt of gratitude. He has shown himself to be nothing short of a philanthropist. However the last line of your post is a little troubling.

This was the question I asked you.

"In the plans or possible plans you have seen or discussions you have had with Chris Swan do you know anything that could explain such a warning?"

I'm afraid the answer "my opinion" which you gave was far from a simple answer.
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:13 pm

I issue no warning, Bonehead.
It was my opinion based on my opinion...that's all.

But what I do know is that if people criticize too much the efforts of others (without proving with actions and not words), most people just give up and say 'OK, if you can do a better job'...

I remember well during the previous screw up's, that people said I knew nothing, I am trouble making, I should keep quiet.
Remember?

Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead on Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:32 pm

Bob Marley wrote:I issue no warning, Bonehead.
It was my opinion based on my opinion...that's all.

But what I do know is that if people criticize too much the efforts of others (without proving with actions and not words), most people just give up and say 'OK, if you can do a better job'...

I remember well during the previous screw up's, that people said I knew nothing, I am trouble making, I should keep quiet.
Remember?

Of course it was a warning. How could anyone reading it think otherwise? Are you suggesting that Chris Swan would walk away after spending many thousands of pounds because some people were criticising the manager and to a lesser extent the Chairman?

Yes of course I remember what happened during the last regime. I also remember you exercised your right to be critical of them on the old forum. You did so because you felt you were right although others disagreed with you ( for the record I thought you were spot on.) Given that, it then seems strange that you seek to deprive others the same opportunity you enjoyed to voice their opinions. You may disagree with what they say but does that mean you have to shout them down and insult them?

You still haven't given a straight answer to my straight question.

"In the plans or possible plans you have seen or discussions you have had with Chris Swan do you know anything that could explain such a warning?"

Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:23 pm

I am not suggesting anything about Mr & Mrs Swan.

As I have said, it is my opinion based on my opinion.

You are right, I excercised my right to be critical of the previous regime.
I gathered the facts...I bought records from Companies House, I recovered documents that were reported 'lost'.
I backed up my hunch that the club was being driven into the ground with no consideration to the future of RUFC.

I do not see this now...just the opposite, so when I see people undermining the progress made to satisfy their own agendas, I will speak up...just as I have aways done.

Of course, everyone has their own opinion and they are entitled to it...but you have to have foundation and substance to what you say and not just stirring or holding a grudge against what doesn't fit your own personal circumstances.

Adios. Very Happy
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor on Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:24 pm

Bob Marley wrote:I saw plenty of Rugby games when Sockett was manager. Nothing more than hoofball.
Playoff contenders? are you having a laugh?
Just about sums it up really.
I have seen plenty of sides with Smudger involved (playing & coaching)...good guy, great leader, but out of his depth imo. I criticized the appointment at the time...check back on previous posts.

I watched one of the seven games Martin & Paul were in charge of and I don’t recall any hoofball although I do recall Tesfa hoofing it away on occasion but let’s be honest you gave him a contract so he must have done something right. Martin was the Manager not Paul and as far as I am aware the main reason for bringing Paul to the club was so that players from a lower level of football could be found and matched to a very poor budget. I am sure he was out of his depth but so is Hyde but answer me this question.

I think everyone agrees Hyde is out of his depth but many people including your good self are suggesting he needs time. I would point out he has been the one constant throughout all of the recent managers and as yet has not proved to be a good guy or a great leader. So why do you think he should be given time above and beyond and yet by the same token you were more than happy to see someone who at least possesses some of the qualities you desire shown the door after seven games, someone who brought in better players, was a good guy and a great leader, your words not mine.

Bob Marley wrote:In your opinion Mrs Bore. My opinion is that we are doing fine considering the sh*t mess casued by S&S.

Well under Sockett & Smith I saw a technically very good winger providing quality crosses to a very small forward, now under Hyde I saw the complete reverse very poor crosses coming in for a big strong forward. I really think the insults you throw towards Sockett & Smith are unfair because they had an awful pre-season in relation to bringing players in and yet still managed to bring in good players that the football club put on contract for very little money. They also had to put up with constant interference and awful backbiting from Hyde who in my opinion abused his relationship with Swan. To be honest if they deserved to go after seven games then so did Hyde because he had a much better budget and a much poorer record after his first seven games.

Bob Marley wrote:I saw plenty of Graham in 2011 to make up my mind. I talk everyweek to supporters who go to every game...I don't need your opinion.

I’m sure you don’t need my opinion that’s why I am sure when you examine the side for yourself you will understand my position better, the league is poor this season and one good month can see a play off place but how many months do you wait. After all this time at the club should the manager be arguing with his players during a game, have a bench full of schoolboys he has no trust in and totally unable too offer the team any tactical thoughts during the game even when the side go down to ten men.

Bob Marley wrote:Where you involved with the previous regime at RUFC? Yes or No answer will be fine.

No is the honest answer but I think Mr Fenemore and all of the people who have worked with Mr Hyde as a team member have been badly let down. Mr Swan is obviously star struck and wants a name as Manager of his football club. Let’s be honest what sounds better at his business siorees Hyde from Sheffield Wednesday or Sockett from RCW.

Redhead, Sockett, Smith and Fenemore all walked away with a knife in their back you should remember that.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead on Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:08 pm

Bob Marley wrote:I am not suggesting anything about Mr & Mrs Swan.

As I have said, it is my opinion based on my opinion.

You are right, I excercised my right to be critical of the previous regime.
I gathered the facts...I bought records from Companies House, I recovered documents that were reported 'lost'.
I backed up my hunch that the club was being driven into the ground with no consideration to the future of RUFC.

I do not see this now...just the opposite, so when I see people undermining the progress made to satisfy their own agendas, I will speak up...just as I have aways done.

Of course, everyone has their own opinion and they are entitled to it...but you have to have foundation and substance to what you say and not just stirring or holding a grudge against what doesn't fit your own personal circumstances.

Adios. Very Happy

Is there any chance you can actually answer the question. A simple yes or no will suffice.

Have you gone "native" over there? It's just that I'm watching Fox News and beginning to wonder!!

Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman on Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:14 am

Can't believe this all started from Reds 1 Hitch Hikers 4!
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Carlin on Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:13 am

Why can't you understand it........just about every other thread goes off the original topic! Now, have you heard about..................
Captain Carlin
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:02 am

porrohman wrote:Can't believe this all started from Reds 1 Hitch Hikers 4!

HEAR HEAR.....
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top