Leamington today

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Leamington today

Post  StockportReds on Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:02 am

Well the run of 1-0's has been broken with a 2-1 win with the Reds coming back from 1-0 down. Beer Cheers

As usual match report and details very welcome.

UTR
avatar
StockportReds
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 55
Location : N.W England
Join date : 2011-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leamington today

Post  Leethall on Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:18 am

Great result this considering no Robinson, Hickman, Warmer, Berwick and whoever else could not make it!

Leamongton will be gutted!
avatar
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1845
Location : Village Branch
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: Leamington today

Post  ted striker on Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:48 am

First time I've seen Reds play since the league defeat at Banbury back in August, and I am half-regretting leaving five minutes from time Head against wall

We were poor first half and should have been behind in the first few minutes, only a great double save from Coleman kept it level, then Leam missed chances until just before the break when they bundled one in from a corner.

We didn't create much at all, and I wasn't surprised that when the equaliser came, it was really down to the goalkeeper's error - a good enough corner that he misjudged and allowed it to go straight in. We didn't look capable of scoring any other way, especially after Forde got sent off. Obviously I can't comment on the winner...

I can really see why so many fans think AMG is not good enough, he offered nothing going forward, taking too long to cross when an early ball was on then delivering dross when he did put the ball in when there were better options.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 306
Join date : 2011-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leamington today

Post  alottmentender on Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:50 am

berwick was there but couldnt play has they had a gentlemans agreement not to play him but it was a great result with the reds scoring the winner in stoppage time with jones slotting the ball past their keeper and reds first goal went straight in from a corner,on top of that we played last 15 - 20 mins with ten men after having player sent off for 2 bookable offences but the second booking should have been deabil but ref made a mistake which was one of a number of mistakes he made thoughout the game.
avatar
alottmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 119
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leamington today

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:54 am

What a great result! I don't think anyone would have imagined snatching 3 points against Leam! (apart from Bob on the prediction league).
With Berwick, Warmer, Hickman, Halsall, Tesfa all missing too....
Well done the boys!

On another note Sam Malsom bagged a hat-trick for Weymuff.

_________________
Have you heard?......
avatar
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Posts : 872
Location : Redditch
Join date : 2011-01-03

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Leamington today

Post  Bob Marley on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:00 pm

Stunning result.

What a performance considering the missing players.....amazing

Well done to everyone at the club...another massive step towards safety.

avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leamington today

Post  rawlings09 on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:49 pm

Leethall wrote:Great result this considering no Robinson, Hickman, Warmer, Berwick and whoever else could not make it!

Leamongton will be gutted!

Trying to tell us something, Lee? Coming round to the fact afro could well be jesus? Wink I'll lend you half the pogrammes with him in them Wink

We were slow to start today, after they scored the first, i thought the worst, but to pull one back, then get the winner with only 10 men showed the grit and determination that we all want to see those men in a Redditch shirt deliver.

Shame you left early!! We went nuts when it went in... Brilliant away day, shame about the bastid cold weather!

avatar
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1139
Location : Nowhere near Blyth
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Leamington today

Post  Mrs Moor on Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:52 pm

Bob Marley wrote:What a performance

Are you over for Christmas & New Year ?

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 328
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leamington today

Post  Bob Marley on Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:06 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:What a performance

Are you over for Christmas & New Year ?

Thanks for your acknowledgement of a fine team performance today, Mrs Bore.
Bell end.
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leamington today

Post  Mrs Moor on Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:44 pm

Bob Marley wrote:
Mrs Moor wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:What a performance

Are you over for Christmas & New Year ?

Thanks for your acknowledgement of a fine team performance today, Mrs Bore.
Bell end.

Yeah but were you at the game or just spouting your usual tosh, talk about results not performaces.

Here's how i saw it .......................

Leamington were awful today and I really do mean awful, I think their position in the league says a lot for the overall quality of the division. I have not seen Blythe since his Griff days but while he is technically very good he still has the bite of a puppy and hardly troubled a very poor Redditch defence apart from a very soft first half goal.

Plenty of positives from a Redditch point of view and they looked far the better side for large sections of the game, I was impressed by the right back who read the game very well especially when Redditch went forward and also Forde in midfield who saw red in a game that seemed to be played in a good spirit and to be honest he seemed the only loose cannon on the pitch. Perhaps Hyde should have had a word with him at halftime because Forde had verbally threatened Batchelor in the first half and to be honest he did look like a Red card waiting to happen, that said he gave a fine performance while he was on the pitch and looked easily the best player on display.

Not much of a travelling support for a Holiday game but those that made the trip made themselves heard in the second half and were a credit. Mark O’Callaghan really looks to have the team ticking over and his influence looks to have made the difference according to a couple of Redditch supporters I got chatting to at half time.

I have to say that if Leamington had a decent forward the game could well have been over within ten minutes but Redditch rode their luck and in the end looked very good value for the three points. It would also be fair to mention Redditch overcame a very poor referee who gave them very little at all.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 328
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leamington today

Post  in2thevalley on Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:50 am

After the dis-appointment of the previous two games, I would have gladly taken a point before the start of the game.

The game itself was a scrappy affair, with the home team team having the majority of posession and it was no surprise when they took the lead. (was it me but were the Lemmy fans quiet apart from their 2 ridiculous songs?)

Second half and taking shelter in the stand from the biting wind, We were the better side, creating chances throughout the game. The Redditch fans that made the journey were very vocal in the second half and got their rewards with the two goals that won us the match.

Another poor ref(again!) but we should be used to that by now.

Roll on saturday when Tess and afro should hopefully be back.

Happy days:D Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
avatar
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1640
Location : Here
Join date : 2011-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leamington today

Post  Leethall on Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:39 am

rawlings09 wrote:
Leethall wrote:Great result this considering no Robinson, Hickman, Warmer, Berwick and whoever else could not make it!

Leamongton will be gutted!

Trying to tell us something, Lee? Coming round to the fact afro could well be jesus? Wink I'll lend you half the pogrammes with him in them Wink

We were slow to start today, after they scored the first, i thought the worst, but to pull one back, then get the winner with only 10 men showed the grit and determination that we all want to see those men in a Redditch shirt deliver.

Shame you left early!! We went nuts when it went in... Brilliant away day, shame about the bastid cold weather!


I made a comment that Warmer was not playing Sir. It looks like it was a good thing really looking at the result, could have come on in the 90 + 2 part of injury time to waste a few seconds Very Happy

Seems like Leamongton could have been out of sight in the 1st half with the chances they had but once we scored we were the only side that were going to win the game.

Leamongton have the coldest ground I have ever been to (awaits Fingers usual comment Smile )

Table is getting tight at the top, my predictions are that the top 5 will be from Brackley, Chippenham, Chesham, Totton and Stourbridge. Cambridge, Oxford and Leamongton are all in the mix though so will be a good few months in this league as to how it pans out!
avatar
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1845
Location : Village Branch
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: Leamington today

Post  Terrace Guy on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:01 am

A gutsy performance that echoed the fantastic support yesterday. Having sat firmly on the fence with Hyde before I must say that the team spirit under him is undeniably better than under Sockett.
The best comparison I can think of is the Banbury away game that Ted has already mentioned. In that we were level with a man down, sat back and buckled. Yesterday we made Leam look like they had ten men for the rest of the match.



UP THE REDS
avatar
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 135
Join date : 2011-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leamington today

Post  Bob Marley on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:24 am

Mrs Moor wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:
Mrs Moor wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:What a performance

Are you over for Christmas & New Year ?

Thanks for your acknowledgement of a fine team performance today, Mrs Bore.
Bell end.

Yeah but were you at the game or just spouting your usual tosh, talk about results not performaces.

Bell end.
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leamington today

Post  Mrs Moor on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:00 am

Terrace Guy wrote:A gutsy performance that echoed the fantastic support yesterday. Having sat firmly on the fence with Hyde before I must say that the team spirit under him is undeniably better than under Sockett.
The best comparison I can think of is the Banbury away game that Ted has already mentioned. In that we were level with a man down, sat back and buckled. Yesterday we made Leam look like they had ten men for the rest of the match.

Hi Terrace Guy

I don’t think Graham Hyde walks away with any credit from yesterdays game other than the fact he is officially called the Manager.

I spent the whole game watching him in order to get a fair view of what he offers the side and what influence he has on a game from the side. Needless to say my friends and I spent nearly the whole 90 minutes laughing our socks off or at least we would have had it not been so cold. The Leamington fans around us also thought Hyde was a bizarre character and I genuinely don’t see him doing anything in football if yesterday was an example of his management technique.

He spent the whole game shouting at some guy or guy’s called Aaron (there must have been at least six Aaron’s in the side if his rants are anything to go by), never once during the whole ninety minutes did he offer one bit of advice to the Redditch players although he did communicate a strong desire to shoot your big lad up front on several occasions during the second half.

I could not believe my eyes when on two occasions during the game two different players came over and basically told him what they thought of him and to stand there and shut up. He also made a complete pigs ear of the Forde substitution resulting in the lad being shown a red card seconds later had he had the bench organized the red card would never have happened.

His sole contribution to tactics were to keep asking where the quality was and to constantly scream “keep it in their longer” which I reckon he got from his wife the night before.

Sorry but he genuinely did nothing for 90 minutes and even when you went down to ten men he did not offer anything at all to the players, whenever something needed doing or saying it was down to Mark O’Callaghan.

The players were a credit but don’t think Hyde had anything to do with it because he was more comedian than manager and anyone who saw him could only agree.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 328
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leamington today

Post  Bob Marley on Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:19 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:
Terrace Guy wrote:A gutsy performance that echoed the fantastic support yesterday. Having sat firmly on the fence with Hyde before I must say that the team spirit under him is undeniably better than under Sockett.
The best comparison I can think of is the Banbury away game that Ted has already mentioned. In that we were level with a man down, sat back and buckled. Yesterday we made Leam look like they had ten men for the rest of the match.

Hi Terrace Guy

I don’t think Graham Hyde walks away with any credit from yesterdays game other than the fact he is officially called the Manager.

I spent the whole game watching him in order to get a fair view of what he offers the side and what influence he has on a game from the side. Needless to say my friends and I spent nearly the whole 90 minutes laughing our socks off or at least we would have had it not been so cold. The Leamington fans around us also thought Hyde was a bizarre character and I genuinely don’t see him doing anything in football if yesterday was an example of his management technique.

He spent the whole game shouting at some guy or guy’s called Aaron (there must have been at least six Aaron’s in the side if his rants are anything to go by), never once during the whole ninety minutes did he offer one bit of advice to the Redditch players although he did communicate a strong desire to shoot your big lad up front on several occasions during the second half.

I could not believe my eyes when on two occasions during the game two different players came over and basically told him what they thought of him and to stand there and shut up. He also made a complete pigs ear of the Forde substitution resulting in the lad being shown a red card seconds later had he had the bench organized the red card would never have happened.

His sole contribution to tactics were to keep asking where the quality was and to constantly scream “keep it in their longer” which I reckon he got from his wife the night before.

Sorry but he genuinely did nothing for 90 minutes and even when you went down to ten men he did not offer anything at all to the players, whenever something needed doing or saying it was down to Mark O’Callaghan.

The players were a credit but don’t think Hyde had anything to do with it because he was more comedian than manager and anyone who saw him could only agree.

Bell end.
My old man was so right when he told me to treat people with the respect they deserve.
Bell end.
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leamington today

Post  nevergreen on Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:58 pm

It just goes to show we all have our different views on the game. Im the first to admit i dont go to many games but i really enjoyed the game.

First half leamington should have taken an early lead but a fantastic double save kept them out. Reds imo looked very dangerous on the counter and although having no clear cut chances always kept the home defence on their toes. Leamington scored a soft goal which I thought could have been easily avoided.

Second half followed a similar pattern for me, we always looked dangerous but without a killer final ball. We rode our luck a little and got a fortunate goal (any goal direct from a corner has to be fortunate imo!) which at the time was well deserved. Leamington being the home side didnt show enough desire to win and Reds made full use of this.

The sending off was always likely to happen,they were niggling him all game and although a skillful,very hardworking player he is one of those players who has a short fuse. I wouldn't say he had to come off ie.subsitute, he was one of our most effective players.

We could/should of scored after 80 odd mins when we hit the bar when it was easier to score,it was a terrible miss but he more than made up for it with the finish. Lovely taken well worked goal and perfect timing.

Apart from the result the best part of the game for me was the atmosphere second half behind the goal, who needs a drum!
avatar
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 128
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leamington today

Post  rawlings09 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:38 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:
Hi Terrace Guy

I don’t think Graham Hyde walks away with any credit from yesterdays game other than the fact he is officially called the Manager.

I spent the whole game watching him in order to get a fair view of what he offers the side and what influence he has on a game from the side. Needless to say my friends and I spent nearly the whole 90 minutes laughing our socks off or at least we would have had it not been so cold. The Leamington fans around us also thought Hyde was a bizarre character and I genuinely don’t see him doing anything in football if yesterday was an example of his management technique.

He spent the whole game shouting at some guy or guy’s called Aaron (there must have been at least six Aaron’s in the side if his rants are anything to go by), never once during the whole ninety minutes did he offer one bit of advice to the Redditch players although he did communicate a strong desire to shoot your big lad up front on several occasions during the second half.

I could not believe my eyes when on two occasions during the game two different players came over and basically told him what they thought of him and to stand there and shut up. He also made a complete pigs ear of the Forde substitution resulting in the lad being shown a red card seconds later had he had the bench organized the red card would never have happened.

His sole contribution to tactics were to keep asking where the quality was and to constantly scream “keep it in their longer” which I reckon he got from his wife the night before.

Sorry but he genuinely did nothing for 90 minutes and even when you went down to ten men he did not offer anything at all to the players, whenever something needed doing or saying it was down to Mark O’Callaghan.

The players were a credit but don’t think Hyde had anything to do with it because he was more comedian than manager and anyone who saw him could only agree.
lol! The regular fans of Redditch, the people that go to every home and away game, week in, week out without fail might disagree with you there.

I've not missed a home game for a few years now and can safely say Graham is a positive figure to the players. I don't know enough of Curly to comment on him.

Can i ask what your problem is with Graham? It does seem quite personal... too personal for opinions of your average football fan... Whatever he does, he can't win with you, we lose, you're on his back... we win, you're on his back... not that he should have to justify himself to people like you.

Graham obviously has a unique managing style, and it obviously works because we beat a team who were top of the league, and they may have been poor but they were still the same players who were top of the league a week before.
avatar
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1139
Location : Nowhere near Blyth
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Leamington today

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:04 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:
Terrace Guy wrote:A gutsy performance that echoed the fantastic support yesterday. Having sat firmly on the fence with Hyde before I must say that the team spirit under him is undeniably better than under Sockett.
The best comparison I can think of is the Banbury away game that Ted has already mentioned. In that we were level with a man down, sat back and buckled. Yesterday we made Leam look like they had ten men for the rest of the match.

Hi Terrace Guy

I don’t think Graham Hyde walks away with any credit from yesterdays game other than the fact he is officially called the Manager.

I spent the whole game watching him in order to get a fair view of what he offers the side and what influence he has on a game from the side. Needless to say my friends and I spent nearly the whole 90 minutes laughing our socks off or at least we would have had it not been so cold. The Leamington fans around us also thought Hyde was a bizarre character and I genuinely don’t see him doing anything in football if yesterday was an example of his management technique.

He spent the whole game shouting at some guy or guy’s called Aaron (there must have been at least six Aaron’s in the side if his rants are anything to go by), never once during the whole ninety minutes did he offer one bit of advice to the Redditch players although he did communicate a strong desire to shoot your big lad up front on several occasions during the second half.

I could not believe my eyes when on two occasions during the game two different players came over and basically told him what they thought of him and to stand there and shut up. He also made a complete pigs ear of the Forde substitution resulting in the lad being shown a red card seconds later had he had the bench organized the red card would never have happened.

His sole contribution to tactics were to keep asking where the quality was and to constantly scream “keep it in their longer” which I reckon he got from his wife the night before.

Sorry but he genuinely did nothing for 90 minutes and even when you went down to ten men he did not offer anything at all to the players, whenever something needed doing or saying it was down to Mark O’Callaghan.

The players were a credit but don’t think Hyde had anything to do with it because he was more comedian than manager and anyone who saw him could only agree.

Definitely something not right with you. A Bank Holiday Monday and you travel to Leamington, pay your entry free, for a game between two teams you don't even support (or at least claim not to) and watch the manager all game....bunny boiler Crying with laughter

_________________
Have you heard?......
avatar
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Posts : 872
Location : Redditch
Join date : 2011-01-03

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Leamington today

Post  Mrs Moor on Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:59 pm

rawlings09 wrote:
lol! The regular fans of Redditch, the people that go to every home and away game, week in, week out without fail might disagree with you there.

Well it's all true so which bit do you disagree with ........................

Are you saying he did not spend the whole game screaming Aaron ?

He offered no tactical advice to the team all game, even when you went down to ten men he offered nothing, are you suggesting he did ?

He argued with two players at the side of the pitch and they both got the better of him, are you saying that's not true.

He made a complete pig's ear of the Forde substitution, did he not ?

Was he was being laughed at by all of the crowd around the dugout throughout the game, a simple yes or no.

He threatened to shoot your big forward during the game, yes or no.

Go read my view on the game and tell me honestly accurate or not ?

Thank god for Mark O’Callaghan that's all i can say.




Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 328
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leamington today

Post  Bob Marley on Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:27 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:
rawlings09 wrote:
lol! The regular fans of Redditch, the people that go to every home and away game, week in, week out without fail might disagree with you there.

Well it's all true so which bit do you disagree with ........................

Are you saying he did not spend the whole game screaming Aaron ?

He offered no tactical advice to the team all game, even when you went down to ten men he offered nothing, are you suggesting he did ?

He argued with two players at the side of the pitch and they both got the better of him, are you saying that's not true.

He made a complete pig's ear of the Forde substitution, did he not ?

Was he was being laughed at by all of the crowd around the dugout throughout the game, a simple yes or no.

He threatened to shoot your big forward during the game, yes or no.

Go read my view on the game and tell me honestly accurate or not ?

Thank god for Mark O’Callaghan that's all i can say.




Another 3 points on the board.
Bell end.
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leamington today

Post  lewism5964 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:58 pm

Either way mate, I couldn't give two sh*ts whether he looks a tit screaming at Aaron Moses Garvey, what is fact is that we won yesterday against a team that may have played poor but were also top of the league not so long ago.

Furthermore, we have won 6 of the last 10 games which to me is good form for us and a tight defence which is one of the best in the league. We are certainly still lacking goals but I think it just seems disruptive moaning about Hyde all the time, it is taking the focus away from the improvements we have seen on the pitch compared to earlier in the season!

These are good times at the moment and I see little room for criticism other than we need score more goals. I'd be chuffed if we could finish 10th this season!
avatar
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 246
Location : Portsmouth
Join date : 2011-01-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leamington today

Post  Leethall on Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:49 pm

http://banter.cv31.co.uk/showthread.php?8339-Redditch.../page3

Currently at 19 pages but Curley has been likened to Adrian Lewis Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
avatar
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1845
Location : Village Branch
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: Leamington today

Post  in2thevalley on Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:37 am

The fact of the matter is, that despite going down to 10 men, we still wanted the game more than they did.

The commitment and desire was there for all to see. In fact we should have won by more than we did.

If we continue to play with that desire and belief, then we can mount a challenge up the league. And I for one will be there on saturday cheering on the reds to another 3 points

Congratulations Graham Hyde. Good management on your behalf.
avatar
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1640
Location : Here
Join date : 2011-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leamington today

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum