opening the clubhouse full time

View previous topic View next topic Go down

opening the clubhouse full time

Post  adiy price on Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:23 pm

i've had an idea which i know has been talked about before but would like to hear fans opinions on this. i also know it would cost abit but why dont the club turn the clubhouse into a resturant? the kitchen is a good size and could be converted, get a chuck wagon in for match days, move fans into boardroom after 7 pm. i think it would work, that way we dont have to rely on fans going to racenights that they dont want to. i know its hard times but people still go out for meals
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: opening the clubhouse full time

Post  del boy on Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:45 pm

A full time restaurant won’t work! Sorry, but it just won’t.

If and when a 3G pitch is installed, that is quite simply the best way to have the clubhouse open every night during the week. After training, people will pop into the club house for a drink and a snack. Having amenities such as a pool table, fruit machines, Sky Sports etc, will help to keep them there a little bit longer. People may not necessarily stay for long, but when you have 5 or 6 sessions a night, there will always be a steady stream of customers. I say this from years of experience, whether at the Redditch, Cricket, Hockey and Rugby Club, Studley FC, etc.

The club will need somebody there to collect payment for the pitch hire anyway. The same person can work behind the bar. This will work for the club. Of that, I am 100% certain.
del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:52 pm

Restaurant NO, Pub YES!

The whole set up isn't right for a restaurant, not the place i'd go for meal.

I've said it before, Stratford Town's bar is open for the public most night of the week. They have one fruit machine and one dart board.

We've got 3 Dart boards, a pool table and a fruity so there's more for people to do...
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:29 am

del boy wrote:A full time restaurant won’t work! Sorry, but it just won’t.

If and when a 3G pitch is installed, that is quite simply the best way to have the clubhouse open every night during the week. After training, people will pop into the club house for a drink and a snack. Having amenities such as a pool table, fruit machines, Sky Sports etc, will help to keep them there a little bit longer. People may not necessarily stay for long, but when you have 5 or 6 sessions a night, there will always be a steady stream of customers. I say this from years of experience, whether at the Redditch, Cricket, Hockey and Rugby Club, Studley FC, etc.

The club will need somebody there to collect payment for the pitch hire anyway. The same person can work behind the bar. This will work for the club. Of that, I am 100% certain.

Ted is spot on here. Mr Swan's aim of having a 3G facility will mean that the club can be used a great deal more by utilising the bar and doing food. Jamie Bailey who plays for Studley runs a very successful coaching scheme from Studley and it is always rammed so Graham Hyde can easily run similar schemes from a RUFC facility
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born on Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:01 pm

How about turning the club shop into a museum in the week (put a little table in there for the trophys) and do ground tours??? lol
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top