Graham Hyde's red & white army....RUFC

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Graham Hyde's red & white army....RUFC

Post  Bob Marley on Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:01 am

Well, I hope the townsfolk come out on Boxing Day to support the resurgent Reds against FA Cup heroes, Stourbridge.

I think this is one of the games that I sponsored....I hope that doesn't put a dampner on things? we are normally pants on Boxing Day!!

Bring a friend, neighbour, Uncle Charlie, next door's cat....anyone you can muster...to get down to the Valley and get the place rocking.

Boxing Day atmosphere has been sh*t recently....remember, this may be the 1st visit to the Reds for many people, so let's give them a BRILLIANT first impression....at least off the field!

I remember the Boston game last season when we sang from before KO until after the game...remember the comments we had from the away supporters?

Come on lads....get them drums beating, air horns blasting (Halfords 6.99) and let people see what a difference the Red Army can make!!!

Graham Hydes' red & white army....RUFC

NB - If we win on Boxing Day, I will personally pay for the Supporters coach on the last away game!!

Last edited by Bob Marley on Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:04 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Christmas present)
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Graham Hyde's red & white army....RUFC

Post  mattim on Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:36 am

Bob Marley wrote:Well, I hope the townsfolk come out on Boxing Day to support the resurgent Reds against FA Cup heroes, Stourbridge.

I think this is one of the games that I sponsored....I hope that doesn't put a dampner on things? we are normally pants on Boxing Day!!

Bring a friend, neighbour, Uncle Charlie, next door's cat....anyone you can muster...to get down to the Valley and get the place rocking.

Boxing Day atmosphere has been sh*t recently....remember, this may be the 1st visit to the Reds for many people, so let's give them a BRILLIANT first impression....at least off the field!

I remember the Boston game last season when we sang from before KO until after the game...remember the comments we had from the away supporters?

Come on lads....get them drums beating, air horns blasting (Halfords 6.99) and let people see what a difference the Red Army can make!!!

NB - If we win on Boxing Day, I will personally pay for the Supporters coach on the last away game!!

And the beers as well ?

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:37 am

I'm going to try my hardest to get back from Liverpool to make this game!

Admin

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:20 am

Bob, I suggest you maybe drop the club an email to see how they are advertising the game to try and get as many people in as possible. Yes the die hard fans can try and bring friends, family etc but it also needs the club to do as much as possible to make it pay and make sure they make it an experience that people want to go back and experience again.
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:11 am

Leethall wrote:Bob, I suggest you maybe drop the club an email to see how they are advertising the game to try and get as many people in as possible. Yes the die hard fans can try and bring friends, family etc but it also needs the club to do as much as possible to make it pay and make sure they make it an experience that people want to go back and experience again.

I think you know that no advertising in newspapers will happen....it's just too expensive.

Back to the same old issue....doesn't stop everyone doing their bit though..
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:29 am

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:I'm going to try my hardest to get back from Liverpool to make this game!

Are you in court again?????
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:40 am

Bob Marley wrote:
Leethall wrote:Bob, I suggest you maybe drop the club an email to see how they are advertising the game to try and get as many people in as possible. Yes the die hard fans can try and bring friends, family etc but it also needs the club to do as much as possible to make it pay and make sure they make it an experience that people want to go back and experience again.

I think you know that no advertising in newspapers will happen....it's just too expensive.

Back to the same old issue....doesn't stop everyone doing their bit though..

Indeed mate and all of us will do so who attend games regularly Smile What I am saying is how are the club with full time staff going to advertise the game on Boxing Day and for the rest of the season? They are quick to have ago at fans not attending race nights etc but they are not being proactive are they? Get a full scale add in both the Advertiser and Standard, get the website to be plastered with posters advertising the game, get a pre Xmas newsletter out to promote the current form, posters in pubs, chipy's, takeaways, kingfisher etc. there needs to be more from the club to promote the game IMO and to reach out to Redditch and surrounding area folk. Just check out the hordes of Villa fans not bothering with watching the McGleish crap at VP, get the family ticket advertised, get the Yoof section down in masses via the family ticket.

Why not offer a dad and son ticket for £15, how many people are back at Xmas to visit family, perfect opportunity for the son to take the old man to the football (or vice versa) to get away from the women for a few hours before round 2 of family Turkey times?! Sort of great marketing to get people in the ground, watch a good game (Stourbridge are decent) and spend some money at the bar and hopefully get a few more back for forthcoming games.

Just saying like santa
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price on Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:01 pm

without sounding against someone at the club (which i am) he seems to think tell supporters and they'll do his job for him. the club needs to let people know that stourbridge are in town, after all it was only a few weeks ago that the people off redditch were watching them on telly knock a football league team out the fa cup
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:57 pm

adiy price wrote:without sounding against someone at the club (which i am) he seems to think tell supporters and they'll do his job for him. the club needs to let people know that stourbridge are in town, after all it was only a few weeks ago that the people off redditch were watching them on telly knock a football league team out the fa cup

Yes we should be advertising that the giant killers of the FA Cup are in town. Unfortunately it is down to the fans to get more in through the entrance and pay the additional £1 to cover it. As we all know it costs a bomb for Leccy & Gas (like none of us know that (except for BM living in the USA where they are just gas guzzlers Wink) but those that go week in week out can pay for the fact that the club are not exactly trying to get out and about to get more people through the door.

They can just blame the TRUST as they don't do anything Sad Even though at the last meeting it was more or less stated that the club were going to be taking over all the functions and would be introducing other initiatives (eg the lotto they are running that is advertised in the clubhouse but nowhere else!). They are missing a big trick here as those in the TRUST who had some great ideas are concentrating on paying off the loan. Not even certain that the club have even asked for help directly from the TRUST or other fans and that shows with the recent press releases.
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Moan, moan, moan zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Post  V.C. on Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:00 am

Do you not think Facebook, website, 2,000 fixture cards at the beginning of the season, the programme, the forum, twitter, our database, the media, touch fm and 2,000 leaflet drops is enough? Perhaps you could spare some time to advise us on what else we can do.

Thanks Bob Marley for your support it is a breath of fresh air. Yes, you are sponsoring the Boxing Day match.

With regards to the now cancelled New Year's Eve party, we had sold under ten tickets and could not take the risk of making a loss as the DJ would still have had to be paid. The banner at the top of this page has told you about it for weeks. Again, this has been advertised on all of the aforementioned places.

The club do not appreciate being linked to ex directors. Please note that with the current directors, bills are paid, accounts are filed, the bar and kitchen has stock, there are toilet rolls, there is a playing budget and the players are paid on time.

If the few fans that still continue to moan whatever is done then I think then perhaps you are supporting the wrong team! The grass is always greener on the other side! To the fans that always attend the away games and see the condition and facilities at the other grounds, please advise these moaners that they do not know how lucky they are here.

Happy Christmas Very Happy

V.C.
Midland Combination League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:46 am

V.C. wrote:

Do you not think Facebook, website, 2,000 fixture cards at the beginning of the season, the programme, the forum, twitter, our database, the media, touch fm and 2,000 leaflet drops is enough? Perhaps you could spare some time to advise us on what else we can do.

Thanks Bob Marley for your support it is a breath of fresh air. Yes, you are sponsoring the Boxing Day match.

With regards to the now cancelled New Year's Eve party, we had sold under ten tickets and could not take the risk of making a loss as the DJ would still have had to be paid. The banner at the top of this page has told you about it for weeks. Again, this has been advertised on all of the aforementioned places.

The club do not appreciate being linked to ex directors. Please note that with the current directors, bills are paid, accounts are filed, the bar and kitchen has stock, there are toilet rolls, there is a playing budget and the players are paid on time.

If the few fans that still continue to moan whatever is done then I think then perhaps you are supporting the wrong team! The grass is always greener on the other side! To the fans that always attend the away games and see the condition and facilities at the other grounds, please advise these moaners that they do not know how lucky they are here.

Zzzzz? Yeah have I stated that those things are not in operation at any point or have not been done at the start of the season? I think not...... How many of the fans that attend RUFC games use Facebook, Twitter etc? My point is that the recent games and Boxing Day game need to reach further to all fans and especially those not using social media.

I am sure if the club engaged further to fans not using those mediums then it would benefit attendances, what about taking advantage of the Xmas period. As you have contacted me to ask me to come and have a chat with you at the club I will gladly offer my ideas and any help if you so wish.....

I take it me attending a majority of home games, buying a programme and golden goal ticket is not supporting the club then maybe think again. I am sure I could quite easily find another game to watch on a Tuesday evening or Saturday afternoon without a problem. Also my point here is that there are a number of people in the current TRUST setup who have a part to play in the wider club, as previously stated this group have done a lot to ensure the club is still here as well as the new owners who have invested a significant sum of money to save the club. Why don't the club engage with this group anymore?

I personally have never stated anywhere that other clubs grounds, facilities are better, I can offer an opinion on that abut I will refrain but the statement "you don't know how lucky you are" is another discussion point totally separate. I am sorry but the above has nothing to do with "other clubs", this is about RUFC and some of the comments made about the recent price increase and the fact that the club have a budget set on an average crowd of 250. Have you seen that this has reduced game on game? My point is that you have a target and what additional initiatives/incentives can be offered to hit this target? It doesn't appear like crowds are on the rise (quite the opposite) and it is not like many clubs are going to bring big away followings over the remainder of the season.

Also it is great having those communication methods you have stated, how do you know that your customers points of view are known fully? What about feedback? Yes I am all for the things that are in place at the club such as reduced beer prices, great for some people but for others? Maybe not, assuming anything is a dangerous thing to do. Those loyal fans are a great base to build upon and those regular fans have a large part to play working with the club. It is great seeing Bob Marley sponsor the game, we all have a lot to thank him for in helping save the club previously and moving forward. We also owe a great debt of gratitude to the Swan's, nobody is doubting these points.

I for know that the likes of me and many others are still contributing to a loan that save the club by contributing to this weekly & monthly. This continues into the future and is still part of why the club exists.

The point here is that the club should be working with its customers to improve the whole package and match day experince, unfortunately they are an important factor and something that should be worked on.

Sorry if my views go against the club but this is after all an Unofficial Forum and are the views of myself and are not necessarily going to be all & sundries cup of tea and quite rightly the club may not agree and have every right to ignore them!

Happy Christmas to one and all Smile

Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ on Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:45 am

V.C. wrote:

Communication, communication, communication that’s what's key.

People pay their money and are entitled to their opinions good or bad. But in my opinion you will get a lot more negativity when communication is poor.

I’ve said for a long time that we should hold a Redditch United surgery similar to that held in local government every 2 weeks where people can pop in and air their views or concerns or we can invite emails and use this period to reply and address their issues. It gives the perfect platform to promote all the good work being done and importantly take on board fans comments. As it’s scheduled you could take minutes form a small agenda and circulate it via email etc.

I had really hoped that the days of if you don’t like it go somewhere else were long gone!!

Very disappointing but onward and upwards.
Merry Christmas one and all (except shitegrove fans) Laughing Laughing
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:35 am

[quote="V.C."]
Leethall wrote:

This part of the post if from an employee from the club is rather disappointing having taken in what it is trying to mean Rolling Eyes

1. Almost says well don't bother attending
    Other clubs in this league have poor facilities and are run down
    And indicates that RUFC have the best facilities and ground conditions in the league

Don't really think this shows any respect to the other ESPL clubs does it.
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  JBS on Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:50 am

[quote="Leethall"]
V.C. wrote:
Leethall wrote:

This part of the post if from an employee from the club is rather disappointing having taken in what it is trying to mean Rolling Eyes

[list=1][*]Almost says well don't bother attending

It does, and they may have there wish. I really dont need much more convincing to stay away at the moment.

JBS
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile http://twitter.com/redditch_united

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:07 am

Southern Premier League Admission Prices - 2011/12 - May Have Changed Since the Start of the season

SLP Admission Prices 2011/12

AFC Totton

£9 adults / £4 concessions

Arlesey Town

£9 adults / £5 concessions / Free accompanied u16

Banbury United

£9 adults / £5 concessions / £1 u16 - Free parking

Barwell

£8 adults / £5 concessions

Bashley

£10 adults / £8 concessions* / £2 (accompanied) u16 - Free parking

* Proof may be required

Bedford Town

£9 adults / £6 concessions / £2 u12 / Free u10 - £1 parking

Brackley Town

£8 adults / £4 concessions / £2 u16 - £2 parking

Cambridge City

£10 adults / £5 concessions / £3 u16 / Free u12 - £1 parking

Chesham United

£9 adults / £5.50 concessions / £2.50 u16 / £1 u12

Chippenham Town

£8 adults / £5 concessions / £3 u16 - Free parking

Cirencester Town

£8 adults / £5 concessions

Evesham United

£8 adults / £4 concessions

Frome Town

£10 adults / £6 concessions / £3 u16 / Free accompanied u12 - Free parking

Hemel Hempstead Town

£8 adults / £5 concessions* / £1 accompanied u16 with newspaper voucher - Parking £1

* Over 60s, students and unemployed

Hitchin Town

£9 adults / £5 concessions / £1 u16

Oxford City

£9 adults / £4.50 concessions / Free u16

Redditch United

£12 family ticket* / £10 adults† (main stand) / £9 adults (terrace) / £6 concessions‡ (main stand) / £5 concessions (terrace) / £2 u16 (main stand) / £1 u16 (terrace) - £1 parking

* Selected matches only, advertised in advance
† Over 16s
‡ Over 65s and students - proof may be required

St Albans City

£12 adult (main stand) / £10 adult (terrace) / £6 concessions* (main stand) / £5 concessions (terrace) / £2 u12 (one free with paying adult)

* Over 60s, students, unemployed and season ticket holders for Football League and Conference.

Stourbridge

£9 adults / £5 concessions / £4 u16 / Free accompanied u12

Swindon Supermarine

£9 adults / £5 concessions / Free u11 £25 family ticket (2 adults and two kids) - Free parking

Weymouth

£11 adults / £8 concessions* / £3 u16
£2 parking

* Currently Weymouth differentiates between male and female senior concessions.
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers on Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:28 am

I started a response to VC, but you know, I really can't be bothered.

Different actors, same tired script.
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:41 am

fingers wrote:I started a response to VC, but you know, I really can't be bothered.

they call that writer's block mate................
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:52 pm

nevergreen wrote:
fingers wrote:I started a response to VC, but you know, I really can't be bothered.

they call that writer's block mate................

Laughing!
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:32 pm

[quote="JBS"]
Leethall wrote:
V.C. wrote:
Leethall wrote:

It does, and they may have there wish. I really dont need much more convincing to stay away at the moment.

Hold on JBS.
Just because a poster posts their opinion, doesn't mean they are associated with the club?

Bit harsh, I think?
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:03 pm

Apart from a few contreversial comments, i can't see much reason to stay away at all... it could be worse, we could be in the bottom three!

Guarantee that if we're in the play-offs come the end of the season everyone's going to come down and support the reds regardless of how they feel at this very moment in time.

Something about "Sticking with a club through thick and thin" doesn't apply to some people, it's more like "we'll drift in when it's all good and as soon as something bad comes up we'll disappear like a fart in the wind".

Obviously many supporters have genuine reasons for staying away and i can understand why, but others?

It can't be easy running a non-league football club, putting so much time and effort and money in to keep it going and not seeing many short term results, having fans moaning and groaning at every move the club makes and even having a pop at those that back the club and support the moves because it goes against the negativity.

It's non-league guys, yes it should be taken fairly seriously, but not so serious as to stay away from games etc!

I refuse to get drawn into any politics or petty arguments on here or in general because there's no need.

I will, however, continue to support the club and give it my full backing as a fan.
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  JBS on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:41 am

rawlings09 wrote:Apart from a few contreversial comments, i can't see much reason to stay away at all... it could be worse, we could be in the bottom three!

Guarantee that if we're in the play-offs come the end of the season everyone's going to come down and support the reds regardless of how they feel at this very moment in time.

Something about "Sticking with a club through thick and thin" doesn't apply to some people, it's more like "we'll drift in when it's all good and as soon as something bad comes up we'll disappear like a fart in the wind".

Obviously many supporters have genuine reasons for staying away and i can understand why, but others?

For a start I've been going consistently for the best part of 25 years, since I was a toddler through the good times and bad so im not 'drifting in when its good' thank you very much.

Some comments on here by both people working for the club and some supporters, the price rises, language directed at my five year old by someone associated with the club, the chav kids and the fact that as much as I love watching the football the Valley is just not an enjoyable place to go for me anymore are just some of my reasons for staying away (and in no particular order).

I'm not staying away for ever and im sure the bug will be back, whether it takes months, weeks or even days and when I do it will have nothing to do with the results on the pitch (as i've said before I enjoyed watching Redheads team more than any other in ages). And in the meantime as I've said before Im more than willing to help in other ways where I can, even if I wont be attending games for a while.

Last edited by JBS on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total

JBS
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  JBS on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:45 am

[quote="Bob Marley"]
JBS wrote:
Leethall wrote:
V.C. wrote:
Leethall wrote:

Hold on JBS.
Just because a poster posts their opinion, doesn't mean they are associated with the club?

Bit harsh, I think?

I never said there were (although for the record I'm almost certain they are)

Staying away based on just that would be harsh I agree, (some) of my reasons are in the post above.

JBS
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:41 am

Rawlings, unfortunately some of the comments on here have been taken out of context and peopl at the club are taking these to personally. This is an Unofficial Fans Forum and is a discussion board so that s what we are doing.

My comments are constructive to try and solicit views on how RUFC can improve our attendance etc.

We hen get somebody in a position at the club then post some fairly strong negative views against fans. If hat is how they want to be then fair play if that is what they want.

I will still attend games when I want as I do ATM. If others decid not to then that is their decision not to and should be respected.
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:24 am

Looking at the list of promotional activities that VC posted above, I don't think anyone can genuinely accuse the club of not putting in the effort. However, is it maybe a case of scattergun promotion when what's needed is more targetting?

Promoting to the captive audience who attend a given match/event is fine, as they won't come back if they don't know when the next match/event is, but it's a self-selecting group who are already aware of the existence and location of the club. Part of the challenge the club faces is retention of its existing fanbase, but the other side is bringing in those who aren't currently attending matches, whether they are former regulars or people who've never been to the Valley.

I don't have the answers, in fact I'm part of the question, given that I'm one of those who used to miss no more than a handful of games per season, but now doesn't go more than half a dozen times. But like other contributors, I have lots of little reasons that all add up to a lack of desire to attend matches regularly.

That said, I will be at Leamington on Jan 2nd, so I'll hopefully see some familiar faces there!

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:48 am

ted striker wrote:Looking at the list of promotional activities that VC posted above, I don't think anyone can genuinely accuse the club of not putting in the effort. However, is it maybe a case of scattergun promotion when what's needed is more targetting?

Promoting to the captive audience who attend a given match/event is fine, as they won't come back if they don't know when the next match/event is, but it's a self-selecting group who are already aware of the existence and location of the club. Part of the challenge the club faces is retention of its existing fanbase, but the other side is bringing in those who aren't currently attending matches, whether they are former regulars or people who've never been to the Valley.

I don't have the answers, in fact I'm part of the question, given that I'm one of those who used to miss no more than a handful of games per season, but now doesn't go more than half a dozen times. But like other contributors, I have lots of little reasons that all add up to a lack of desire to attend matches regularly.

That said, I will be at Leamington on Jan 2nd, so I'll hopefully see some familiar faces there!

Spot on that mate. These are the points that are trying to be made and your post confirms that even regular fans are not necessarily going but fans who may pop down to see a home game, see a win and good entertainment need to be told when the next game is. It is a big challenge and a difficult one but that is where the club using fans needs to target.
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top