Chippenham 2-0 Reds

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chippenham 2-0 Reds

Post  mattim on Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:45 am

Oh well seems like I wasn't the only one to post after having had a couple. My apologies, particularly to Rowly, I didn't meant to be quite so blunt in my reply to his post. Memo to self; never post on a Saturday night after a couple of pints and another frustrating defeat.

To be honest I tend to agree with a lot of what you say Rowly it's just that I am still looking more at the bigger picture, you know, let's be thankfull we still have a club to support etc.

Another thread has been talking about the success Stourbridge are having and I see them as a 'role model' for Redditch United. Stour don't get fantastic gates, they have similar core support to ourselves, they don't have a benefactor (like Brackley) massively subsidisng the playing budget but they have a decent manager and a settled squad and this is the way forward for us as well, we just haven't got there yet. It's clearly not impossible but I still think we are in early days yet.

And if I meet you at the Valley I'll buy you a drink Rowly.

And if I've had a couple I promise not to post on here until the following morning.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 276
Join date : 2011-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chippenham 2-0 Reds

Post  ROWLY1971 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:06 am

mattim wrote:To be honest I tend to agree with a lot of what you say Rowly it's just that I am still looking more at the bigger picture, you know, let's be thankfull we still have a club to support etc.

Well its always good to agree on something mattim lol

I cant however agree with the quote.
I fully understand Swans vital role saving the club.
I fully understand people being eternally grateful for him preserving a football club to support.
But looking at the picture through those glasses I think its the small picture you see and not the big picture you talk about.
Its NOT Swans club. Its the Towns and its supporters.
If every decision and downturn can be levelled with 'oh well at least we still have a club to support' I think the picture becomes smaller and smaller not bigger and bigger.
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chippenham 2-0 Reds

Post  Leethall on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:15 am

A view from the Chippenham manager Adie Mings:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=80082
avatar
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1845
Location : Village Branch
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: Chippenham 2-0 Reds

Post  ROWLY1971 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:41 am

Leethall wrote:A view from the Chippenham manager Adie Mings:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=80082

Its always easy to be complimentary towards somebody youve just beaten, proves how important it is to score when on top like it sounds we may of been before Mings HT rant!
I do hope though that we were the better side 1st half and some positives can be taken from another defeat. I also hope Chippenham are a good footballing outfit and a good measure stick as last weeks game against league leaders proves the best footballing sides dont always sit top of the pile.
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chippenham 2-0 Reds

Post  Bob Marley on Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:07 pm

ROWLY1971 wrote:Its all about stability for me.
My points have always been the same as far as the more chopping and changing that gets done OFF the field effects everything.
Supporters like me question if people really know what theyre doing in the 1st place if so many changes are needed and knee jerk reactions and short term solutions.
Players chop and change for various reasons with backroom movements so no continuity ON the field is maintained.
Crowds lose interest and dwindle as they are now.

I notice today in the Mercury that Moors secured their 4th win on the bounce the weekend after a start of 7 straight defeats
4 straight wins is good in any league!
All that says to me is that a good man was put in place in the 1st place, trust and belief were given him during a sticky start, and now ALL seem to be reaping the benefits.

I sincerely hope its not a New Year wish that stability is delivered to RUFC, we need it now and for the remainder of the season.
Another point why I dont entirely agree with Loan signings papering over cracks.
Ryan Rowe grabbed all the Stourbridge headlines against Plymouth the weekend, a player picked up from lower league locals Cradley, due to Hacketts knowledge of local leagues and players.

Stability

For the record Rowly, I am not the wind up merchant!.

You question if Mr Swan 'really knows what he is doing?' - I think Mr Swan absolutely knows what he is doing. The strategy, the business plan is there...I have seen it....Where he is struggling with is the application of the strategy resulting in 2 mistakes..Mr Socket and Mr Fennemore.
Mr Swan values Mr Hyde and everything he brings to the club. I think Graham will be a great manager..he has all the correct attributes but due to his lack of experience at this level, maybe misses the 'contact' book....this I thought was the role of Mr Fennemore, but I don't think Mark saw it that way.
If Mr Swan has the patience and Mr Hyde can keep us in this Division, I think it is a great appointment and will serve RUFC well on it's road to recovery.

You say about chopping and changing on the field....I was only commenting last week how nice it is to see the same names on the team sheet over the last 3 months...this hasn't happened for many seasons and I personally started to send weekly email communications to update supporters of the 'ins & outs'.
I think the team is more settled now than in previous seasons (3 contracted players) and that on the back of the upheaval of Mr Socket & Smith.

Dwindling crowds? Look at all the other clubs around us and you will see the same story.
Normal...economic climate, Christmas coming, low in the league...hell, Nuneaton have made all of their playing squad available due to the low crowds recently. The budget is 250. If we keep average above 250, the books are balanced.

Solihoof Bores? 4 wins on the bounce? linked to Marcus or the extra money spent on Morris etc?...I think the latter (same as every other season at CN level).

We have the right man as manager...start believing Rowly...life will be better for you.


avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chippenham 2-0 Reds

Post  ROWLY1971 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:55 pm

Bob Marley wrote:We have the right man as manager...start believing Rowly...life will be better for you.

So you say, say so because its your opinion. Not factual, just opinion.
The jury is still out.
I hear people being paid by Swan say he's good or ok
I hear people not paid by Swan say he's a 2 faced snake.

Time will tell
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chippenham 2-0 Reds

Post  Bob Marley on Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:45 pm

ROWLY1971 wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:We have the right man as manager...start believing Rowly...life will be better for you.

So you say, say so because its your opinion. Not factual, just opinion.
The jury is still out.
I hear people being paid by Swan say he's good or ok
I hear people not paid by Swan say he's a 2 faced snake.

Time will tell

I'm not paid by Mr Swan and I say he's good - yes my opinion and not based on facts...I would only have the facts if I was in the playing squad.
What I do know for a fact is that it is very difficult to make chicken soup out of chicken sh*t....that takes a lot of time and step by step improvement...Mr Swan is a winner, fact...Mr Hyde is a winner, fact...

The Reds are in good hands....at last!
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chippenham 2-0 Reds

Post  ROWLY1971 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:28 am

Bob Marley wrote:.Mr Hyde is a winner, fact..

Erm........ HOW is this a fact?
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chippenham 2-0 Reds

Post  Bob Marley on Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:40 am

You do not play at the highest level in the domestic game without having a will to win.

Thought that was fairly obvious?
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chippenham 2-0 Reds

Post  ROWLY1971 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:49 am

Bob Marley wrote:You do not play at the highest level in the domestic game without having a will to win.

Thought that was fairly obvious?

Oh so now its a 'will' to win.
Im sure Alex Ferguson and Bryan Robson BOTH have 'wills' to win...but as managers only 1 is a winner
A 'will' to win doesnt make anybody a 'winner' .. I thought that was obvious.
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chippenham 2-0 Reds

Post  ted striker on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:02 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:You do not play at the highest level in the domestic game without having a will to win.

Thought that was fairly obvious?

Oh so now its a 'will' to win.
Im sure Alex Ferguson and Bryan Robson BOTH have 'wills' to win...but as managers only 1 is a winner
A 'will' to win doesnt make anybody a 'winner' .. I thought that was obvious.

Oh give it a rest the pair of you before I make you sit at opposite ends of the classroom. Swords

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 306
Join date : 2011-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chippenham 2-0 Reds

Post  ROWLY1971 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:23 am

no need Ted. Ive been telling myself too long now the same thing.
I think its just a case of having to agree we will always disagree and for the sake of ourselves and everybody else now, respect each others views and opinions, but not post to each other again
yawn
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chippenham 2-0 Reds

Post  Bob Marley on Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:41 pm

ted striker wrote:
ROWLY1971 wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:You do not play at the highest level in the domestic game without having a will to win.

Thought that was fairly obvious?

Oh so now its a 'will' to win.
Im sure Alex Ferguson and Bryan Robson BOTH have 'wills' to win...but as managers only 1 is a winner
A 'will' to win doesnt make anybody a 'winner' .. I thought that was obvious.

Oh give it a rest the pair of you before I make you sit at opposite ends of the classroom. Swords

Hey, Mr Stalin....what happened to free speech?
If I think the facts are being misrepresented due to personal vendettas/agendas I will say so...always have, always will.

I don't care about personal feelings
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chippenham 2-0 Reds

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum