Fenners Has His Say......

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fenners Has His Say......

Post  Leethall on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:22 pm

avatar
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1845
Location : Village Branch
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: Fenners Has His Say......

Post  redditch born on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:29 pm

Hmmm I see trouble ahead?
avatar
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 250
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fenners Has His Say......

Post  Bob Marley on Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:13 pm

Poor show, Fenners.

Classis error...should have known better.
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fenners Has His Say......

Post  WishuknewWho on Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:03 pm

Snydey strikes again! hahaha Bow down Whatever next, maybe win a league game Cup

WishuknewWho
Midland Combination League

Posts : 13
Join date : 2011-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fenners Has His Say......

Post  porrohman on Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:08 pm

Ahem ....Cambridge. Cup
avatar
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fenners Has His Say......

Post  ROWLY1971 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:23 pm

Bob Marley wrote:Poor show, Fenners.

Classis error...should have known better.

Cryptic Bob, do you care to elaborate more on this comment?

As far as I see, its a mans side of the story different to whats been told before. Lots of whispers and rumours of Hydes unpleasant nature but this time somebody has told the press how they feel instead of somebody outside such media circles.

I really would love to know Swans fascination with the man, and of course what exactly you meant in your post.
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fenners Has His Say......

Post  del boy on Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:33 pm

Martin Sockett had more reason than any other to feel hard done.

But there has been no negativity, no running to the press, no public self pity. That's the way that one should conduct oneself.
avatar
del boy
Blue Square North

Posts : 500
Join date : 2011-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fenners Has His Say......

Post  ROWLY1971 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:35 pm

and how about how hyde is seemingly conducting himself..... or is that OK?
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fenners Has His Say......

Post  Bob Marley on Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:31 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:Poor show, Fenners.

Classis error...should have known better.

Cryptic Bob, do you care to elaborate more on this comment?

As far as I see, its a mans side of the story different to whats been told before. Lots of whispers and rumours of Hydes unpleasant nature but this time somebody has told the press how they feel instead of somebody outside such media circles.

I really would love to know Swans fascination with the man, and of course what exactly you meant in your post.

3 sides to every story...their side, the other side and the truth is somewhere in the middle.
My point was it is very immature to blast off when leaving previouse employment...shows a distinct lack of class and I would have expected better....I agree with Del Boy. Bow down
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fenners Has His Say......

Post  ROWLY1971 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:52 am

Sometimes Bob and Del I'd agree with you..... but then again there has to come a point where after so many people either leaving or being sacked, with 1 common denominator at the heart of them, than sooner or later 1 will, and needs to talk.

I admire Mark for his bravery in his parting shot. Sometimes the easy way out is to agree its all amicable and for the best of both parties, sometimes its harder and braver to stand up to bullies and tell what youve been through.
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fenners Has His Say......

Post  Bob Marley on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:16 pm

Bullied?

Strange description of the situation, Rowly?

I still think it's very uncool to wash your linen in the press instead of addressing the issues directly with who it really matters...

Oh well.... Sad
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fenners Has His Say......

Post  Mrs Moor on Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:45 pm

Bob Marley wrote:I still think it's very uncool to wash your linen in the press instead of addressing the issues directly with who it really matters...

And there was me thinking that's exactly what he did on Saturday ......... Head against wall Head against wall

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 328
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fenners Has His Say......

Post  ted striker on Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:37 am

Mrs Moor wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:I still think it's very uncool to wash your linen in the press instead of addressing the issues directly with who it really matters...

And there was me thinking that's exactly what he did on Saturday ......... Head against wall Head against wall

That depends on your point of view. I agree that, to a certain extent, that was what Mark tried to do. On the other hand, some would see it as a "me or him" ultimatum. On that latter reading of the situation, Chris picked "him". And when that happened, Mark had nothing to lose so decided to go to the press.

As Bob Marley intimated earlier, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 306
Join date : 2011-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fenners Has His Say......

Post  WishuknewWho on Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:47 am

The truth is right there for all to see. Fenners told chris swan he could no longer work with the 1 man band that is Graham snyde, hence the meeting. In that meeting, fenners was complainig that snyde would pick the team before he had even arrived on game day, an would not allow any changes fenners thought nesscesary. So chris offered fenners the job as Manager on the condition snyde stays on as coach... For him to decline that its obvious Snyde is the rotten apple!! That's FACT.

WishuknewWho
Midland Combination League

Posts : 13
Join date : 2011-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fenners Has His Say......

Post  littleworthred on Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:17 am

WishuknewWho wrote:The truth is right there for all to see. Fenners told chris swan he could no longer work with the 1 man band that is Graham snyde, hence the meeting. In that meeting, fenners was complainig that snyde would pick the team before he had even arrived on game day, an would not allow any changes fenners thought nesscesary. So chris offered fenners the job as Manager on the condition snyde stays on as coach... For him to decline that its obvious Snyde is the rotten apple!! That's FACT.
maybe if he turned up on time for training and matches maybe? never returned calls? we'll see shall we?
avatar
littleworthred
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 90
Join date : 2011-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fenners Has His Say......

Post  ted striker on Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:17 am

WishuknewWho wrote:The truth is right there for all to see. Fenners told chris swan he could no longer work with the 1 man band that is Graham snyde, hence the meeting. In that meeting, fenners was complainig that snyde would pick the team before he had even arrived on game day, an would not allow any changes fenners thought nesscesary. So chris offered fenners the job as Manager on the condition snyde stays on as coach... For him to decline that its obvious Snyde is the rotten apple!! That's FACT.

That's all very interesting, and if true, would certainly indicate that there was a total lack of a working relationship between the two joint managers. Perhaps you could offer us an independent witness to back up your statement?

littleworthred wrote:maybe if he turned up on time for training and matches maybe? never returned calls? we'll see shall we?

See, two sides to every story.

Right now I don't know who or what to believe. I know that this whole saga has served to reinforce my own long-held belief that joint managers are a terrible idea, and for everything else that has or has not happened lately, I am at least glad that there is one person with ultimate responsibility for first-team affairs.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 306
Join date : 2011-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fenners Has His Say......

Post  Bob Marley on Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:58 am

I tend to agree with Porrohman on a previous post...

For all the long standing sufferers (sorry, supporters) of RUFC, the very fact we are still here is a major turning point in the 100+ years of the club.

It's quite a strange feeling that at this present time, I don't really care who is manager, coach, director of football, turnstile operator (sorry, Pope), burger flipper (sorry, Ted).....the very fact we still have a club to support is OK for me....just my gut feeling..

Of course I want/need the Reds to be successful on the field....but after the events of the last 2 years, for me, it's not the be all and end all.....I don't know why I feel this way, but I do Question

What intests me is that the only people hot under the collar about Fenners/Hyde/Swan/Socket/Smith etc are the posters who appeared just after the S&S failure?....the guys and gals I know on here and stood next to at many games home and away, are much more tolerant and patient with the current ins & outs.....just my feeling?!
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fenners Has His Say......

Post  WishuknewWho on Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:07 am

Well tbh the only reason I now post on here is because we were forced to registrer if I wanted to continue readin this forum, so now I might aswell throw in my ten pence worth cause I want to. Now if that wasn't changed me personally would of continued to pop in a read the pathetic comments posted by u long term supporters as u call yourselves. So now you have no chioce but read the new posters if you like what's said or not.

WishuknewWho
Midland Combination League

Posts : 13
Join date : 2011-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fenners Has His Say......

Post  Mrs Moor on Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:36 am

Bob Marley wrote:What intests me is that the only people hot under the collar about Fenners/Hyde/Swan/Socket/Smith etc are the posters who appeared just after the S&S failure?....the guys and gals I know on here and stood next to at many games home and away, are much more tolerant and patient with the current ins & outs.....just my feeling?!

But what matters NOW is the people who are here paying and watching not some chap posting from another country who i doubt knows anything at all about Fenners/Hyde/Socket/Smith etc.

Surely if you know the people concerend or have watched the current side with the current players then you have a far more valid contribution than an internet warrior in the USA, if you are here NOW watching or talking to the Managers and players involved then you can judge for yourself and share your own level of tolerence to the present circumstances.

The supporters expectations are changed almost monthly by the goings on off the pitch and behind the scenes, hopefully now a period of stability can be enforced and the club can at last settle down. Its all good fun for the neutral and sharing opinions with people like Ted Striker is a pleasure.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 328
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fenners Has His Say......

Post  Bob Marley on Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:40 am

WishuknewWho wrote:Well tbh the only reason I now post on here is because we were forced to registrer if I wanted to continue readin this forum, so now I might aswell throw in my ten pence worth cause I want to. Now if that wasn't changed me personally would of continued to pop in a read the pathetic comments posted by u long term supporters as u call yourselves. So now you have no chioce but read the new posters if you like what's said or not.

Hi wishuknewwho...although I don't.

I don't think anyone has a problem with any posts that are factual and not a continuous dig at current weaknesses that we all know about...

Mr Swan has stood infront of supporters 3 times officially and countless times unofficially, to explain the situation and what he and the other Directors are trying to achieve.

At the TRUST AGM in April, he openly discussed the REAL financial situation of the club (this has NEVER happened before)...the business plan for the Reds over the next 5 years and his ideas of how the club should be organised with solid foundations and prudent financial management.

We were delighted, because the hundreds of hours spent preparing the Plan B business case was almost exactly inline with Mr Swan's plan...it was a carbon copy...great news!

He also openly said that the playing side of the Reds was going to be the most challenging as it was his 1st experience in running a football club.
He asked for patience and support whilst he and the other Directors worked towards a more successful team on the field..acknowledging mistakes would be made and learnt from.

Mr Fennemore was a real kingpin in the negotiations to seal the deal for the Reds....I will always thank him for that.
My opion was that Mark wanted to be the manager.....but quickly realised that the off the field work would be overwhelming, whilst the mess of previous regimes was sorted out.
Again, I think Mark did a tremendous job on the business side of the club.

My opinion was that he always wanted to be more involved in the playing side and when the opportunity came around after the S&S fiasco, he was happy to join the management team....not really with a clear directive of 'who does what' or 'how is this going to work'....again, my opinion.

It was clear that Mark and Graham was never going to work...and it boiled down to a choice between the 2.
My opion is that Graham is the better option...purely from a footballing point of view and would of been my choice instead of the S&S appointment.

I am sure not everyone will agree....but again, anything better than relegation will be a tremendous achievement in my book for this season and I am sure we will do it...
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fenners Has His Say......

Post  nevergreen on Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:40 am

I have to say I don't know MF personally and from what I gather he is a really nice bloke. The last game I went to was the WBA one and one thing that struck me rather bizarre was MF pre-match skipping (as in playground) over to Hyde who was conducting a warm up. Hyde looked at him as in "what the hell are you doing man" and I have to say I'd think the same.

Again I've never spoken to GH but I get the impression he desperately wants to prove himself and if this means he is not liked by players/colleagues then i don't think he gives two hoots. He will be judged by results on the pitch from here so lets see what the man can do. At the end of the day all any Reds fan wants is first stability then progression.

avatar
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 128
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fenners Has His Say......

Post  Mrs Moor on Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:55 am

Bob Marley wrote:I don't think anyone has a problem with any posts that are factual

My opinion was that he always wanted to be more involved in the playing side and when the opportunity came around after the S&S fiasco, he was happy to join the management team....not really with a clear directive of 'who does what' or 'how is this going to work'....again, my opinion.

It was clear that Mark and Graham was never going to work...and it boiled down to a choice between the 2.
My opion is that Graham is the better option...purely from a footballing point of view and would of been my choice instead of the S&S appointment.

Ask's for FACTS and posts OPINIONS ......... Head against wall Head against wall

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 328
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fenners Has His Say......

Post  arsene on Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:16 am

But at least Bob (Steve) states that they are his opinions. Too many other people (if the cap fits wear it!) state their opinions and then add the word FACT as if that somehow validates their thoughts.!
avatar
arsene
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 243
Join date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fenners Has His Say......

Post  Mrs Moor on Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:44 pm

arsene wrote:But at least Bob (Steve) states that they are his opinions. Too many other people (if the cap fits wear it!) state their opinions and then add the word FACT as if that somehow validates their thoughts.!

Arsene he asked for people to post facts and then he posts opinions, if he can do it why can't everyone else.

I have posted the only fact regarding Mark Fenemore and that is Mr Swan offered him the Managers job (solo) and therefore Mr Swan removed Graham Hyde from the Managers position at the football club.

So NOW Mr Swan has a Manager in charge that he was more than happy to replace six days ago.

They are the facts, no opinions just facts.



Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 328
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fenners Has His Say......

Post  Tim_S on Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:34 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:
I have posted the only fact regarding Mark Fenemore and that is Mr Swan offered him the Managers job (solo) and therefore Mr Swan removed Graham Hyde from the Managers position at the football club.


IF MF had taken the role then Hyde would have been replaced. But as he did not, I would assume Hyde was never relieved of his position as Manager, and therefore never replaced? Therefore I would assume the above is not a fact?
avatar
Tim_S
Admin

Posts : 37
Location : Derbyshire
Join date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fenners Has His Say......

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum