FENMORE NOMORE?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: FENMORE NOMORE?

Post  Leethall on Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:05 am

Is Fenners staying on as Director of Football as the press release fails to allude to this?
avatar
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1845
Location : Village Branch
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: FENMORE NOMORE?

Post  littleworthred on Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:02 am

Leethall wrote:Is Fenners staying on as Director of Football as the press release fails to allude to this?
No.
avatar
littleworthred
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 90
Join date : 2011-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FENMORE NOMORE?

Post  ROWLY1971 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:03 am

Leethall wrote:Is Fenners staying on as Director of Football as the press release fails to allude to this?

Lee, I would be surprised if MF has any more to do with the club while a certain person remains untoucheable
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FENMORE NOMORE?

Post  Leethall on Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:56 am

littleworthred wrote:
Leethall wrote:Is Fenners staying on as Director of Football as the press release fails to allude to this?
No.

Thanks mate!

Can we get Barry Fry in so we can do it in proper style just like the Peterborough and Big Ron programme with Steve Bleasdale a few years ago??!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
avatar
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1845
Location : Village Branch
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: FENMORE NOMORE?

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:01 pm

Barry Fry I love you

We'd have 52 new players by January!

_________________
Have you heard?......
avatar
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Posts : 872
Location : Redditch
Join date : 2011-01-03

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: FENMORE NOMORE?

Post  littleworthred on Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:55 am

Mrs Moor wrote:Interestingly Mr Fenemore was told he brought nothing to the table, with only one win so far it’s hard to believe Mr Hyde is offering the supporters a tasty banquet.
what's more interesting is how when there was only three people in a Private meeting do you know what was said?
avatar
littleworthred
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 90
Join date : 2011-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FENMORE NOMORE?

Post  Vicky on Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:27 am

littleworthred wrote:
Mrs Moor wrote:Interestingly Mr Fenemore was told he brought nothing to the table, with only one win so far it’s hard to believe Mr Hyde is offering the supporters a tasty banquet.
what's more interesting is how when there was only three people in a Private meeting do you know what was said?

Well I wasn't there and I know what happened.

Vicky
Sunday League

Posts : 4
Join date : 2011-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FENMORE NOMORE?

Post  littleworthred on Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:39 am

Vicky wrote:
littleworthred wrote:
Mrs Moor wrote:Interestingly Mr Fenemore was told he brought nothing to the table, with only one win so far it’s hard to believe Mr Hyde is offering the supporters a tasty banquet.
what's more interesting is how when there was only three people in a Private meeting do you know what was said?

Well I wasn't there and I know what happened.
maybe mrs moor has told you LOL Very Happy
avatar
littleworthred
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 90
Join date : 2011-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FENMORE NOMORE?

Post  Vicky on Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:21 am

littleworthred wrote:
Vicky wrote:
littleworthred wrote:
Mrs Moor wrote:Interestingly Mr Fenemore was told he brought nothing to the table, with only one win so far it’s hard to believe Mr Hyde is offering the supporters a tasty banquet.
what's more interesting is how when there was only three people in a Private meeting do you know what was said?

Well I wasn't there and I know what happened.
maybe mrs moor has told you LOL Very Happy



??????

Vicky
Sunday League

Posts : 4
Join date : 2011-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FENMORE NOMORE?

Post  Mr Bonehead on Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:06 am

Bob Marley wrote:1 page closes...another 1 opens...the improvement roadmap will have bumps in the road.
Not a big surprise to me.

I don't know Mark Fenemore, I have never spoken to him. From what I've read on here most people seem to think he was decent man although some questioned his footballing credentials to manage Redditch. I thought he did an excellent job when he first came to the club although I'm not sure what his job title was then. In hindsight, would it not have not been better to leave him in that position and just appoint a manager? On the face of it we have lost a very capable individual when it could have been avoided. Obviously I'm not in full possession of the facts so there may be a lot more(or less) to it.
Like Mark Fenemore I don't know Graham Hyde either. He may be the pantomine (for that is what this is turning into) villain or yet prove to be our saviour. With full control of the first team I guess he will stand or fall by his results.

Not sure about pages opening, closing and bumps in the road? That's more a case of corporate gobbledygook!
avatar
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FENMORE NOMORE?

Post  Bob Marley on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:28 am

Mr Bonehead wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:1 page closes...another 1 opens...the improvement roadmap will have bumps in the road.
Not a big surprise to me.

I don't know Mark Fenemore, I have never spoken to him. From what I've read on here most people seem to think he was decent man although some questioned his footballing credentials to manage Redditch. I thought he did an excellent job when he first came to the club although I'm not sure what his job title was then. In hindsight, would it not have not been better to leave him in that position and just appoint a manager? On the face of it we have lost a very capable individual when it could have been avoided. Obviously I'm not in full possession of the facts so there may be a lot more(or less) to it.
Like Mark Fenemore I don't know Graham Hyde either. He may be the pantomine (for that is what this is turning into) villain or yet prove to be our saviour. With full control of the first team I guess he will stand or fall by his results.

Not sure about pages opening, closing and bumps in the road? That's more a case of corporate gobbledygook!


Mr Bonehead.

It is normal that in any new venture to continue to shuffle the pack until the right blend is found.
Mr Fennemore was a top guy....worked very hard for the club and made a difference in his time at the Reds.

I am 4000 miles away and even I know the blend wasn't the best between Mark & Graham...but sometimes you have to try new things to see what happens...in this case, it didn't work....it will not be the 1st time and it will not be the last.

Mr Swan is making big decisions....to find the right blend and a management team to take the club forward in both the short and medium term...the perfect combination doesn't always fall into your lap...as with many changes for the better around the club, I am prety sure he will get it right.

As Mr Striker will tell you (when he is not flipping burgers!)...if you always do what you've always done...you will always get what you've always got...

NB - message from Sir Winston Churchill; 'loose lips costs lives'



avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FENMORE NOMORE?

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:05 am

Good luck to Mark for the future, lovely bloke who always had time for people, and had great banter with the fans.

_________________
Have you heard?......
avatar
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Posts : 872
Location : Redditch
Join date : 2011-01-03

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: FENMORE NOMORE?

Post  littleworthred on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:18 am

Bob Marley wrote:
Mr Bonehead wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:1 page closes...another 1 opens...the improvement roadmap will have bumps in the road.
Not a big surprise to me.

I don't know Mark Fenemore, I have never spoken to him. From what I've read on here most people seem to think he was decent man although some questioned his footballing credentials to manage Redditch. I thought he did an excellent job when he first came to the club although I'm not sure what his job title was then. In hindsight, would it not have not been better to leave him in that position and just appoint a manager? On the face of it we have lost a very capable individual when it could have been avoided. Obviously I'm not in full possession of the facts so there may be a lot more(or less) to it.
Like Mark Fenemore I don't know Graham Hyde either. He may be the pantomine (for that is what this is turning into) villain or yet prove to be our saviour. With full control of the first team I guess he will stand or fall by his results.

Not sure about pages opening, closing and bumps in the road? That's more a case of corporate gobbledygook!


Mr Bonehead.

It is normal that in any new venture to continue to shuffle the pack until the right blend is found.
Mr Fennemore was a top guy....worked very hard for the club and made a difference in his time at the Reds.

I am 4000 miles away and even I know the blend wasn't the best between Mark & Graham...but sometimes you have to try new things to see what happens...in this case, it didn't work....it will not be the 1st time and it will not be the last.

Mr Swan is making big decisions....to find the right blend and a management team to take the club forward in both the short and medium term...the perfect combination doesn't always fall into your lap...as with many changes for the better around the club, I am prety sure he will get it right.

As Mr Striker will tell you (when he is not flipping burgers!)...if you always do what you've always done...you will always get what you've always got...

NB - message from Sir Winston Churchill; 'loose lips costs lives'



was it not 'loose lips sink ships' ?
avatar
littleworthred
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 90
Join date : 2011-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FENMORE NOMORE?

Post  ROWLY1971 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:22 am

If I were to stand a monkey infront of a dartboard with an endless supply of darts, Im quietly cinfident he would hit a treble 20!

Why is there a confidence regarding mr Swans FOOTBALLING judgements or decisions still?
Football is NOT the same as his off field businesses.

Sacked Redhead after doing a good job against a wave of difficulties.
Appointed Socket from an array of talented managers if we believe what told.
Sacked Socket.
Appointed MF and GH
3rd management team member added (cant even remember this guys name!)
Sacked MF
Rolling Eyes

Wouldnt dare to be negative though... Mr Swans an excellent business man so obviously knows how football works Head against wall
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FENMORE NOMORE?

Post  Bob Marley on Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:27 am

loose lips costs wives..
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FENMORE NOMORE?

Post  Mrs Moor on Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:32 am

Bob Marley wrote:Mr Swan is making big decisions....to find the right blend

That's an interesting point Bob, a blend such as the capital of Andhra Pradesh springs to mind Smile

Maybe a companion rather than a blend Neutral

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 328
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FENMORE NOMORE?

Post  Bob Marley on Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:15 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:Mr Swan is making big decisions....to find the right blend

That's an interesting point Bob, a blend such as the capital of Andhra Pradesh springs to mind Smile

Maybe a companion rather than a blend Neutral

Touched a nerve, Mrs Bore?...
Point and laugh
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FENMORE NOMORE?

Post  Mr Bonehead on Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:45 pm

"Loose lips cost lives?" Well you've lost me there, far too cryptic!
avatar
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FENMORE NOMORE?

Post  littleworthred on Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:21 pm

ROWLY1971 wrote:If I were to stand a monkey infront of a dartboard with an endless supply of darts, Im quietly cinfident he would hit a treble 20!

Why is there a confidence regarding mr Swans FOOTBALLING judgements or decisions still?
Football is NOT the same as his off field businesses.

Sacked Redhead after doing a good job against a wave of difficulties.
Appointed Socket from an array of talented managers if we believe what told.
Sacked Socket.
Appointed MF and GH
3rd management team member added (cant even remember this guys name!)
Sacked MF
Rolling Eyes Wouldnt dare to be negative though... Mr Swans an excellent business man so obviously knows how football works Head against wall
Simon was not sacked? As I see it he was appointed by the previous Chairman half way through the season after Gards left once the budget was cut to zero, what ever deal between simon and said chairman ends at the end of the season as said chairman has left. The new chairman then decides whether to continue with Simon or appoint new manager,He did the latter. that's not sacked. Maybe Football is not the same as business but it does use business to run a club and run it sustainabley , good playing teams have gone bust! what did abramovich really know about football before he brought chelsea ? or any other new owner of a football team for the first time? I would quite happily stake more than i have that mr swan made mistakes in his out of football business's before his success came but it came! so your point is what?and do i agree with every decision he has made? no. but he has the right to make those decisions for our club and whats clear is that as a club we are in better place than we were, is that not where we all wanted Redditch United to be? Those who were at the club Saturday will know the club is more than just football, its a family.



Last edited by littleworthred on Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:23 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammer)
avatar
littleworthred
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 90
Join date : 2011-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FENMORE NOMORE?

Post  porrohman on Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:10 am

Rowly...
A year ago we were having TRUST meetings in the club shop in the freezing cold as we couldn't get into the club most evenings.. When we had meetings in the club I took tea bags so we could have a drink and warm up as there was no heating.( and no tea bags). The meetings were basically plans to save the club as we knew what dire straits we were in financially. One supporter paid for an away coach from his own money. TRUST paid for away coaches from members contributions. I recieved a call from the then Chairman at 10.30 one morning saying if we didn't pay EON £5k by 1.00PM then they'd cut the power off.No power, no matches, big fines = no club. We scraped through with the help of alot of great, loyal supporters.
3 weeks of intense negotiations often with 20/30 calls a day to get Chris's deal through meant we had a new owner and the club was safe. The above is probably why you won't get too much of a reaction as to why you think people still have confidence in Chris's footballing decisions. Managers, players, etc revolve at clubs. The only thing that remains a constant is the fans.
I'm delighted to have a club to support. We do need stability now granted, but it's small fry compared to what the club was heading into this time last year.

This isn't a post to 'big up' the TRUST, or any one involved in the above......loyal supporters Mr Bonehead, Del Boy etc were all around at this time and were doing their bit. So when Mrs Moor slates Hydey, when you question Chris as often as you do...I'm pleased you can do that, because when we were literally hours away from going under, it puts it all into perspective.
avatar
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FENMORE NOMORE?

Post  Bob Marley on Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:21 am

porrohman wrote:Rowly...
A year ago we were having TRUST meetings in the club shop in the freezing cold as we couldn't get into the club most evenings.. When we had meetings in the club I took tea bags so we could have a drink and warm up as there was no heating.( and no tea bags). The meetings were basically plans to save the club as we knew what dire straits we were in financially. One supporter paid for an away coach from his own money. TRUST paid for away coaches from members contributions. I recieved a call from the then Chairman at 10.30 one morning saying if we didn't pay EON £5k by 1.00PM then they'd cut the power off.No power, no matches, big fines = no club. We scraped through with the help of alot of great, loyal supporters.
3 weeks of intense negotiations often with 20/30 calls a day to get Chris's deal through meant we had a new owner and the club was safe. The above is probably why you won't get too much of a reaction as to why you think people still have confidence in Chris's footballing decisions. Managers, players, etc revolve at clubs. The only thing that remains a constant is the fans.
I'm delighted to have a club to support. We do need stability now granted, but it's small fry compared to what the club was heading into this time last year.

This isn't a post to 'big up' the TRUST, or any one involved in the above......loyal supporters Mr Bonehead, Del Boy etc were all around at this time and were doing their bit. So when Mrs Moor slates Hydey, when you question Chris as often as you do...I'm pleased you can do that, because when we were literally hours away from going under, it puts it all into perspective.

Porrohman.
You have hit the nail on the head and reflects my feelings perfectly....

Great post.
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FENMORE NOMORE?

Post  Leethall on Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:28 am

Bob Marley wrote:
porrohman wrote:Rowly...
A year ago we were having TRUST meetings in the club shop in the freezing cold as we couldn't get into the club most evenings.. When we had meetings in the club I took tea bags so we could have a drink and warm up as there was no heating.( and no tea bags). The meetings were basically plans to save the club as we knew what dire straits we were in financially. One supporter paid for an away coach from his own money. TRUST paid for away coaches from members contributions. I recieved a call from the then Chairman at 10.30 one morning saying if we didn't pay EON £5k by 1.00PM then they'd cut the power off.No power, no matches, big fines = no club. We scraped through with the help of alot of great, loyal supporters.
3 weeks of intense negotiations often with 20/30 calls a day to get Chris's deal through meant we had a new owner and the club was safe. The above is probably why you won't get too much of a reaction as to why you think people still have confidence in Chris's footballing decisions. Managers, players, etc revolve at clubs. The only thing that remains a constant is the fans.
I'm delighted to have a club to support. We do need stability now granted, but it's small fry compared to what the club was heading into this time last year.

This isn't a post to 'big up' the TRUST, or any one involved in the above......loyal supporters Mr Bonehead, Del Boy etc were all around at this time and were doing their bit. So when Mrs Moor slates Hydey, when you question Chris as often as you do...I'm pleased you can do that, because when we were literally hours away from going under, it puts it all into perspective.

Porrohman.
You have hit the nail on the head and reflects my feelings perfectly....

Great post.

^ This exactly. Just because the football is not going to well at the moment (I am usually very critical of this!) putting into perspective that there is still a club that is being run from top to bottom is great. I don't agree with certain decisions that Mr Swan has made, I however respect these as he is the owner. Graham Hyde is learning his new trade of managing, all new managers have to go through this and they are no different.

He is learning and learning quick, he still has to prove himself but give him time.

Oh and Redders was appointed by the previous chairman and IMO was just a stop gap until the end of the season unless he set the world on fire which he was never going to do at the level RUFC were playing at and what he had at his disposal. He did a commendable job and should be thanked but IMO we would not be any better off if he was in charge.
avatar
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1845
Location : Village Branch
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: FENMORE NOMORE?

Post  rawlings09 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:50 am

Hydey has a 100% win record... can't be that bad! Wink
avatar
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1139
Location : Nowhere near Blyth
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: FENMORE NOMORE?

Post  ROWLY1971 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:51 am

porrohman wrote:Rowly...
A year ago we were having TRUST meetings in the club shop in the freezing cold as we couldn't get into the club most evenings.. When we had meetings in the club I took tea bags so we could have a drink and warm up as there was no heating.( and no tea bags). The meetings were basically plans to save the club as we knew what dire straits we were in financially. One supporter paid for an away coach from his own money. TRUST paid for away coaches from members contributions. I recieved a call from the then Chairman at 10.30 one morning saying if we didn't pay EON £5k by 1.00PM then they'd cut the power off.No power, no matches, big fines = no club. We scraped through with the help of alot of great, loyal supporters.
3 weeks of intense negotiations often with 20/30 calls a day to get Chris's deal through meant we had a new owner and the club was safe. The above is probably why you won't get too much of a reaction as to why you think people still have confidence in Chris's footballing decisions. Managers, players, etc revolve at clubs. The only thing that remains a constant is the fans.
I'm delighted to have a club to support. We do need stability now granted, but it's small fry compared to what the club was heading into this time last year.

This isn't a post to 'big up' the TRUST, or any one involved in the above......loyal supporters Mr Bonehead, Del Boy etc were all around at this time and were doing their bit. So when Mrs Moor slates Hydey, when you question Chris as often as you do...I'm pleased you can do that, because when we were literally hours away from going under, it puts it all into perspective.

Porro, I appreciate your post and read it all and slowly making sure everything was taken in.
I also appreciate Swans input in helping save his club.

Is that what I am meant to call it now, because he has bought it and saved it?
Am I meant to agree with every decision he makes at every level of his club because so?
Do all opinions pale into insignificance now because nobody but Chris paid for the club with his own money?

I fully appreciate the very hard and important work of the Trust. Well done ALL involved
I also appreciate Chris's financial input into a towns club he has no affiliation with, very kind
But neither of the above should, or will, stop me having opinions about football and football clubs

If every less than ass kissing post and opinion is going to be levelled with "He has bought the right to....." reply, then you may aswell close the Unofficial Supporters Forum and open up a Chris is God forum instead and not even talk football or football issues
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FENMORE NOMORE?

Post  rawlings09 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:28 pm

ROWLY1971 wrote:
If every less than ass kissing post and opinion is going to be levelled with "He has bought the right to....." reply, then you may aswell close the Unofficial Supporters Forum and open up a Chris is God forum instead and not even talk football or football issues

Although if anyone does go against any less than ass kissing post, they're greeted with the "this forum is cliquey" "you think we're not allowed an opinion" etc... So "outsiders" or "new fans" or "neutral" want to discuss or argue, yet when anyone disagrees it's the reverse reply...

Imagine if we all agreed with the negative posts... and anyone that disagreed got shot down....
avatar
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1139
Location : Nowhere near Blyth
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: FENMORE NOMORE?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum