Chesham today

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chesham today

Post  arsene on Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:39 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:If it was a push and I were Josh I would be looking at the Redditch United Official site with a keen eye because the clearly alleges that Josh “hit” the referee.

Mrs Moor, why do you come on here just to run down anything and everything Redditch United try to do. The above statement is just playing with semantics in order to criticise the Club who reacted swiftly to try to defuse a very difficult situation.

"Hit" means to strike something, so whether it was a push, a slap or a full-blown punch it was still a hit!

It seems to me that your agenda (and only you know your motives for this) is to see Redditch United put down at every opportunity and I would respectfully suggest that you take it elsewhere.
avatar
arsene
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 243
Join date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chesham today

Post  porrohman on Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:57 am

Mrs Moor. Talk about clutching at straws. You clearly have a vendetta against the club and Chris.
I wonder why..don't answer that..I think we all know.
avatar
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chesham today

Post  Leethall on Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:15 am

Mrs Moor wrote:
Leethall wrote:
Mrs Moor wrote:A very interesting post by “alottmentender” who posts from the point of view of an eye witness and clearly states that it was a push and not a punch or a strike as posted by people who were not even at the game.

There is also an interesting post on the MFC forum where a Manager from another local club claims that when Josh was re-introduced for pre-season by Sockett & Smith members of the board including Fenemore & Hyde were less than pleased, he claims there were misdemeanors outstanding from the previous season under Hyde. However the post implies that the club were so desperate for players under Hyde & Fenemore the Chairman was willing to turn a blind eye.

http://www.mfctalk.co.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=54390

I find the Chairman’s behaviour astounding to say the least, if it had been a punch then surely Josh would have been charged, the fact that the Chairman reports Josh only received a caution implies that just as “alottmentender” suggests it was nothing more than a push.

If it was a push and I were Josh I would be looking at the Redditch United Official site with a keen eye because the clearly alleges that Josh “hit” the referee.

There seems to be an awful lot of so called supporters ready to happily see Josh hung drawn and quartered based on hearsay and gossip. I tend to agree with those people who have posted and clearly stated this is totally out of character for the lad.

If he is guilty then he will face the full force of the law and the football authorities but for Redditch to post such a poorly worded statement before the full time results were even in is in my mind stupid because if the Police are involved and charges are forthcoming the person who authorized the statement could have drawn the club into some pretty expensive legal expenses not to say raised eyebrows especially when one of your clubs own eyewitnesses suggests it was nothing more than a push.

Lets wait for the facts and give the lad the benefit of the doubt until all of the evidence is in, if the Police have only issued a caution I would consider editing the official club statement.

Mrs Moor, you have proven to be a proper tool on more than one occasion and this just about sums how much you know about anything, absolute jack sh*t.

McKenzie played for Redditch last season and did not cause 1 bit of bother, he has also played this season and done likewise. What he did on Saturday was something he should not have done. The club were there to see what happened at 1st hand and have made a statement to the sort. Where were you today? Washing some stained Y Fronts in a bucket? To be quite honest you actually bring fluff all to this forum so best off not bothering posting. You also have no real idea about anything wanker

Hi Leethall

While I can see you are not the brightest bulb in the chandelier could I ask you to read my post again. I am certainly a lot brighter than you are.
Were you at the game because you seem to be telling me off for asking people to wait and digest the facts rather than a poorly worded club statement which I may add goes against the eye witnesses accounts from both sets of supporters, even the Chesham support are clearly saying the Ref was pushed not hit.

There is nothing wrong with the club statement and I was not at the game. As Arsene has stated Josh has made contact with the Ref and I have read the Chesham supporters posts. He has "struck" the ref and this is evident in everything reported on the incident.

Try this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15322635.stm


I Offered you no opinion on Josh’s behaviour at Redditch I left that to you, I only provided a link to a comment made by an official from another club on another forum, surely even one as dense as you can see that. So you were not there, but offer an opinion that the player should be locked up based on the fact the “club” were there and made a risky statement.

And here I am thinking I am so stupid and you come back with a classic where you make out from my post that I have stated that the player should be locked up?! Sums you up and what goes through your head!! My post was in response to you sitting at home commenting on something you have no idea about, the statement made by the club was published on the event that happened whcih they witnessed!

Both sets of supporters offer eyewitness accounts that suggest the Ref was pushed not struck, the Police then caution not arrest or charge the player after looking at the FACTS.

You also bring very little to this forum other than your stupidity, he would not be the first player to push a referee and he deserves to be punished but your club has issued a statement saying the player “HIT” the official and this may not be true, eyewitness accounts suggest otherwise and as the media are running from the clubs statement I only suggested they edit it. Perhaps if the conclusion is that the player did not hit the referee but instead only pushed him your club statement would be wrong and perhaps face an action.

And have I stated anywhere that Josh McKenzie is the 1st person to hit an official?! No. The club statement is correct as per Arsene's comment. Yes my stupidity actually only usually kicks in when I have to read absolute shite spouted by people like you! It would be good to see one day you actually offer something factually correct about the football club as it has not been seen so far.


Hopefully we may actually see you at a game before the end of the season..................
avatar
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1845
Location : Village Branch
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: Chesham today

Post  Mrs Moor on Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:39 am


Leethall wrote:And here I am thinking I am so stupid and you come back with a classic where you make out from my post that I have stated that the player should be locked up?! Sums you up and what goes through your head!! !

Sorry but when I read your first post ………………..

Leethall wrote:Del,

I hope they lock up McKenzie for that. THere is no place for violence no matter how bad the ref was. He will be banned for life so that has fooked up his future football career!

That’s exactly what I thought you said……………….. Head against wall

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 328
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chesham today

Post  reds for ever on Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:49 am

workington fan here not the same league now but still the same thing

reds for ever
Sunday League

Posts : 1
Join date : 2011-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chesham today

Post  Mrs Moor on Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:01 am

arsene wrote:
Mrs Moor wrote:If it was a push and I were Josh I would be looking at the Redditch United Official site with a keen eye because the clearly alleges that Josh “hit” the referee.

Mrs Moor, why do you come on here just to run down anything and everything Redditch United try to do. The above statement is just playing with semantics in order to criticise the Club who reacted swiftly to try to defuse a very difficult situation.

"Hit" means to strike something, so whether it was a push, a slap or a full-blown punch it was still a hit!

It seems to me that your agenda (and only you know your motives for this) is to see Redditch United put down at every opportunity and I would respectfully suggest that you take it elsewhere.

Hi Arsene

I don’t think I run down anything and everything the club try and do but at the moment it would be fair to say there is very little to shout about.

I read the post on the official site and decided to look at the Chesham web site, I then noticed even your own eye witness said it was a push something you all seem to be ignoring by the way.

It was then pretty clear the media were only reporting from the Official Statement on the club site and yet most eye witnesses were stating it was a push. The police only issued a caution which again suggests a push.

I don’t know what happened but had the player been charged and been awaiting his day in court the statement would have been open to legal action and I am sure the police would have asked for it to be removed, it basic journalism. You can’t accuse someone of something on a public medium before they have had their day in court.

All I was suggesting was the statement was very poorly worded and should have been edited.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 328
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chesham today

Post  ROWLY1971 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:43 am

After catching up and reading all posts so far on this matter, I feel (opinion only) that the witch hunt has now had another victim thrown in it.

If you actually read what Mrs Moor wrote, I feel its plain to see a good point being made. If for that you feel I too deserve a forum bashing then go ahead. But read her/his post again now some dust has settled, and without reading any follow up replies to it that points towards a school playground.

Mrs Moor posted that the Official Club statement was the Josh had HIT the referee and this is the statement the media took to take it to a wider audience mainly Radio.

The Police, as far as Im aware, have NOT charged Josh with ASSAULT as they obviously would of done if a player had punched another person at a football match. While I applaud RUFCs swift statement, maybe the wording could have been better, which is all Mrs Moor is stating.

She/he isnt knocking the club for the sake of it, but I think pointing out and hoping a sloppy loop hole doesnt come back to bite them on the bum again over an incident already full of bad press.

Not being at the game or seeing the incident with my own eyes I can only give an opinion, which I have, but its always far too easy to jump to conclusions without all the facts.

We may find out that Josh infact DID hit/punch the ref and the ref asked Police not to press charges. Possible
We may find out that Josh DID hit/punch the ref and gets banned for life. Possible

We may also find out though that Josh DID NOT hit the ref and the source from which the Radio media ran with, the clubs official site, MAY be slightly misleading. Also Possible

I guess my main point is, regarding both Josh AND Mrs Moor, lets not jump the gun too hastily, all facts will come out in good time allowing people to base a much stronger opinion on.
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chesham today

Post  Chesham Lad on Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:56 am

I hope you don't mind me posting on here. I am a Chesham supporter and I was extremely saddened by the events yesterday. I applaud your Chairman for apologising in the bar after the game, for posting a statement so soon afterwards and for releasing the player from the club.

I appreciate that those who did not see the incident will want to cling to the hope that it was of a more minor nature, but I feel it is important that you hear the facts. I was behind the Chesham goal and had an extremely clear view. Having called your no. 9 over, the ref showed him a second yellow, then the red. At that point, your player punched the referee in the face with a clenched fist. It was not exactly a haymaker, but of course it was extremely shocking and totally wrong. Afterwards, your number 9 then had to be restrained from going after the ref again and it took several of your players to remove him from the pitch.

As a Chesham fan, I have absolutely no axe to grind with Redditch. I can see you are a well supported club with a great history and I wish you well in the league. I hope that this one idiot's actions are quickly disassociated with the club and that we all move on.

Chesham Lad
Sunday League

Posts : 1
Join date : 2011-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chesham today

Post  ROWLY1971 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:59 am

Mrs Moor wrote:
Leethall wrote:And here I am thinking I am so stupid and you come back with a classic where you make out from my post that I have stated that the player should be locked up?! Sums you up and what goes through your head!! !

Sorry but when I read your first post ………………..

Leethall wrote:Del,

I hope they lock up McKenzie for that. THere is no place for violence no matter how bad the ref was. He will be banned for life so that has fooked up his future football career!

That’s exactly what I thought you said……………….. Head against wall


Without wanting this to get personal or into a slanging match or even detract from the Topic, 2 words of advice Lee. Be careful
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chesham today

Post  porrohman on Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:07 am

Thank you Chesham lad. Nice to get the facts from someone who was there. Hopefully Mrs Moor will bore off now and go and get involved with the team he follows ***coughs**....( It's Solihull Moors Mrs Moor if you had forgotten)
avatar
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chesham today

Post  ROWLY1971 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:17 am

Chesham Lad wrote:I hope you don't mind me posting on here. I am a Chesham supporter and I was extremely saddened by the events yesterday. I applaud your Chairman for apologising in the bar after the game, for posting a statement so soon afterwards and for releasing the player from the club.

I appreciate that those who did not see the incident will want to cling to the hope that it was of a more minor nature, but I feel it is important that you hear the facts. I was behind the Chesham goal and had an extremely clear view. Having called your no. 9 over, the ref showed him a second yellow, then the red. At that point, your player punched the referee in the face with a clenched fist. It was not exactly a haymaker, but of course it was extremely shocking and totally wrong. Afterwards, your number 9 then had to be restrained from going after the ref again and it took several of your players to remove him from the pitch.

As a Chesham fan, I have absolutely no axe to grind with Redditch. I can see you are a well supported club with a great history and I wish you well in the league. I hope that this one idiot's actions are quickly disassociated with the club and that we all move on.

Thanks and welcome.
Now with eye witness evidence like this, Josh should have the book thrown at him footballing wise. Ive stated before I like the guy, but character doesnt come into it Im afraid. Begs a question though why no arrest and charge of assault??

It also backs up the Clubs Official statement and the story that the radio media ran with so well done RUFC.

It doesnt however make Mrs Moors post wrong, as all she/he offered was words of warning of what MAY of happened and a Devils advocate slant.

Sad day for Josh
Sad day for RUFC
Sad day for Football

I think we can ALL agree on the above regardless who we support or go to watch and regardless if we were there to see it or not.

Evil or Very Mad
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chesham today

Post  Leethall on Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:48 am

Mrs Moor wrote:
Leethall wrote:And here I am thinking I am so stupid and you come back with a classic where you make out from my post that I have stated that the player should be locked up?! Sums you up and what goes through your head!! !

Sorry but when I read your first post ………………..

Leethall wrote:Del,

I hope they lock up McKenzie for that. THere is no place for violence no matter how bad the ref was. He will be banned for life so that has fooked up his future football career!

That’s exactly what I thought you said……………….. Head against wall

Whoops! Yes maybe I forgot that part so I hold my hands up and apologise....... Senile
avatar
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1845
Location : Village Branch
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: Chesham today

Post  Leethall on Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:08 am

[/quote] Without wanting this to get personal or into a slanging match or even detract from the Topic, 2 words of advice Lee. Be careful[/quote]

Rowly, maybe I should clarify here that regarless of what player, manager, fan, person etc doing a similar sort of thing to another person then they deserve to all get the same punishment. My view it is just no required and I know situations arise where this sort of thing occurs. It is frustrating seeing it happen but football tends to breed this type of behaviour in players, officials, fans etc and the FA need to do something about it....
avatar
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1845
Location : Village Branch
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: Chesham today

Post  ROWLY1971 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:22 am

Lee I think you've misunderstood my 'Be Careful' advice. It wasn't to do with the Josh topic, more of locking horns with Mrs Moors as you may find yourself tied up in her apron strings! I see you've apologised nice and early when proven wrong, good move and fair play to you.
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chesham today

Post  Meadowender on Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:09 pm

Another Chesham fan here. Just registered to thank you and your chairman in particular for your response yesterday. It was a horrible situation and something that I don't think any football fans want to see. One idiot isn't representative of a team or a club and to be honest we felt for you yesterday as we could see how deeply hurt your officials and fans were by the events. Whilst the game was on you gave great passionate support for your team and I wish you well for the rest of the season.

Meadowender
Sunday League

Posts : 1
Join date : 2011-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chesham today

Post  ted striker on Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:42 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:A very interesting post by “alottmentender” who posts from the point of view of an eye witness and clearly states that it was a push and not a punch or a strike as posted by people who were not even at the game.

I find the Chairman’s behaviour astounding to say the least, if it had been a punch then surely Josh would have been charged, the fact that the Chairman reports Josh only received a caution implies that just as “alottmentender” suggests it was nothing more than a push.

If it was a push and I were Josh I would be looking at the Redditch United Official site with a keen eye because the clearly alleges that Josh “hit” the referee.

If he is guilty then he will face the full force of the law and the football authorities but for Redditch to post such a poorly worded statement before the full time results were even in is in my mind stupid because if the Police are involved and charges are forthcoming the person who authorized the statement could have drawn the club into some pretty expensive legal expenses not to say raised eyebrows especially when one of your clubs own eyewitnesses suggests it was nothing more than a push.

Lets wait for the facts and give the lad the benefit of the doubt until all of the evidence is in, if the Police have only issued a caution I would consider editing the official club statement.

(Quote edited for relevance.)

I should start by saying that I wasn't at the game so haven't seen the incident first-hand (no pun intended), and I don't know the player involved and couldn't pick him out of a line-up (again, no pun intended). However, I think it's likely that the fact that the police only cautioned him, rather than charging him with assault or anything else, is more to do with the police not wanting to bring the criminal justice system onto the sporting field unless there are genuinely exceptional circumstances (Eric Cantona springs to mind, as well as midriff), lest it become the thin end of the wedge and we start seeing police involvement for dangerous tackles and the like. Also, as much as I condemn the attack itself, and don't wish to excuse what Josh did or negate in any way its impact on the referee (for the third time, no pun intended), I'm sure there's also a small amount of "better things to do with our time" in there too.

I also find it troubling that the police were involved for this reason: if Josh had punched another player, there is no way that the police would have been involved, so is it right that the offence should be viewed differently because of who the victim was? Are referees entitled to greater protection than other people? If so, to whom else should we extend this enhanced protection?

My last point is that once the police were involved, the minimum sanction that they could realistically impose was the caution, and I'm sure that far worse happens in most town centres every Saturday night and the assailants are released with only a caution. Therefore it seems to me that the police took the most sensible course of action in the circumstances, especially if the player had never been in trouble with the police before, which seems to be the case judging by the comments of those posters who know him personally.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 306
Join date : 2011-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chesham today

Post  RockDJ on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:45 am

Thanks Chesham Lad & Meadowender for taking the time & trouble to register. Apart form “that” incident I really enjoyed my visit to Chesham. We had a good laugh & chat with the locals in the pub before kick off and your ground must be one of the most picturesque in our league.

I wish you all the best for the rest of the season & look forward to seeing you down the Valley.
avatar
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 209
Join date : 2011-01-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chesham today

Post  allotmentender on Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:15 am

Mrs Moor wrote:A

I find the Chairman’s behaviour astounding to say the least, if it had been a punch then surely Josh would have been charged, the fact that the Chairman reports Josh only received a caution implies that just as “alottmentender” suggests it was nothing more than a push.

If it was a push and I were Josh I would be looking at the Redditch United Official site with a keen eye because the clearly alleges that Josh “hit” the referee.

There seems to be an awful lot of so called supporters ready to happily see Josh hung drawn and quartered based on hearsay and gossip. I tend to agree with those people who have posted and clearly stated this is totally out of character for the lad.

If he is guilty then he will face the full force of the law and the football authorities but for Redditch to post such a poorly worded statement before the full time results were even in is in my mind stupid because if the Police are involved and charges are forthcoming the person who authorized the statement could have drawn the club into some pretty expensive legal expenses not to say raised eyebrows especially when one of your clubs own eyewitnesses suggests it was nothing more than a push.

Lets wait for the facts and give the lad the benefit of the doubt until all of the evidence is in, if the Police have only issued a caution I would consider editing the official club statement.

From what i've read, the chairman seen the incident with his own eyes, so I don't suppose he needed to wait for the final outcome before releasing a statement, I believe he's done the right thing by releasing a statement as early as possible as well!!!
avatar
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 165
Location : HMP Australia
Join date : 2011-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chesham today

Post  Mrs Moor on Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:47 am

allotmentender wrote:
Mrs Moor wrote:A

I find the Chairman’s behaviour astounding to say the least, if it had been a punch then surely Josh would have been charged, the fact that the Chairman reports Josh only received a caution implies that just as “alottmentender” suggests it was nothing more than a push.

If it was a push and I were Josh I would be looking at the Redditch United Official site with a keen eye because the clearly alleges that Josh “hit” the referee.

There seems to be an awful lot of so called supporters ready to happily see Josh hung drawn and quartered based on hearsay and gossip. I tend to agree with those people who have posted and clearly stated this is totally out of character for the lad.

If he is guilty then he will face the full force of the law and the football authorities but for Redditch to post such a poorly worded statement before the full time results were even in is in my mind stupid because if the Police are involved and charges are forthcoming the person who authorized the statement could have drawn the club into some pretty expensive legal expenses not to say raised eyebrows especially when one of your clubs own eyewitnesses suggests it was nothing more than a push.

Lets wait for the facts and give the lad the benefit of the doubt until all of the evidence is in, if the Police have only issued a caution I would consider editing the official club statement.

From what i've read, the chairman seen the incident with his own eyes, so I don't suppose he needed to wait for the final outcome before releasing a statement, I believe he's done the right thing by releasing a statement as early as possible as well!!!

I have just watched an interview with Josh and the Chairman on Sky sports and Mr Swann seems to have changed his mind now, I wonder why. Claiming that a push is a hit just won’t wash Mr Swann because it’s not.

Any one with half a brain can see putting that statement on the official site was sheer madness and has opened up the floodgates giving the club publicity it does not need.

Yes give the player his ticket and make it known but the rest was unprofessional and that’s being kind.

Mr Swann should have backed up his statement on Sky and said he saw the player Hit the referee, but he didn’t he danced around the houses and bottled it.

As I said as soon as I read the statement it’s just madness to put that on a web site, very silly I would be surprised if this was not the end of the mater.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 328
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chesham today

Post  RockDJ on Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:50 am

I also watched the interview with Josh & Mr Swan. I thought both parties carried out their interviews with dignity.
Josh apologised unreservedly
Mr Swan made it clear he would never play for Redditch again.

Could you explain a little more what part of the interview was unprofessional?

Is this the statement you refer to on the club website. Has it altered?? Again it seems perfectly ok to me (apart from the spelling) Very Happy Very Happy

Following an incident on the pitch at the Chesham United match where Josh McKenzie hit the referee and as a result the match was abandoned, Redditch United Football Club took immediate action to deal with this isolated incident. Within minutes of the incident the Club has canceled the player’s registration has stated that he will never play for the Club again.
“We pride ourselves on fair play and will not tolerate this kind of behaviour. The team has worked very hard over the past few weeks and we will not let this one individual tarnish the reputation of our much loved Club
.”
avatar
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 209
Join date : 2011-01-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chesham today

Post  del boy on Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:13 am

The difference between ‘hit’ and ‘push’ can be quite subjective. An open palmed strike or an opened palmed push…? The only difference is the speed and the amount of force used. As I said, that difference is subjective, but the amount of force used was evidently enough to put the ref on the ground. Either way, it doesn’t matter. You absolutely can not touch a referee. Any contact with their face is just asking for big trouble.

The end result is still the same, he should never play for our club again. There is nothing wrong with the clubs official statement. What happens to him now will largely depend on the referees testimony, but football Associations look after their own.
avatar
del boy
Blue Square North

Posts : 500
Join date : 2011-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chesham today

Post  Mrs Moor on Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:32 am

RockDJ wrote:I also watched the interview with Josh & Mr Swan. I thought both parties carried out their interviews with dignity.
Josh apologised unreservedly
Mr Swan made it clear he would never play for Redditch again.

Could you explain a little more what part of the interview was unprofessional?

Is this the statement you refer to on the club website. Has it altered?? Again it seems perfectly ok to me (apart from the spelling) Very Happy Very Happy

Following an incident on the pitch at the Chesham United match where Josh McKenzie hit the referee and as a result the match was abandoned, Redditch United Football Club took immediate action to deal with this isolated incident. Within minutes of the incident the Club has canceled the player’s registration has stated that he will never play for the Club again.
“We pride ourselves on fair play and will not tolerate this kind of behaviour. The team has worked very hard over the past few weeks and we will not let this one individual tarnish the reputation of our much loved Club
.”

I have now watched the interview with the BBC which he chose to conduct with his wife, the main topic seemed to be the hard work the club were doing away from football and the focus on the local community, fair play if they are but they run a football club and their priority and effort should in my opinion be directed in getting Redditch back into the Blue Square and then they can mess about with the community, by doing things back to front the community may just lose interest in them particularly if the club suffer yet another relegation.

My only issue was the official club statement and as far as I am concerned it showed a total lack of understanding and thought because by wording it in such an unprofessional way it has only succeeded in bringing the football club more bad press than it deserves.

The statement should have just read, due to an incident at Chesham today a player has had his registration revoked by the football club. The statement the club chose to put out is just stupid and you can’t argue that point because just look what’s happened now.

I did not say the interviews were unprofessional I said the statement was unprofessional and I think most if not all people would agree with that.

I thought the player came across well and was sincere in his apology but I was bemused to see your Chairman totally change track in front of the camera when asked directly he changed HIT into HOWEVER, he clearly said however the incident happened and after watching him it would be a fair conclusion to assume he saw nothing himself and is drawing his conclusions from others.

Some have said it was a punch, some have said it was a slap, most have said it was a push, the player will be punished and rightly so but the way the incident has been handled by Redditch is laughable and embarrassing. This is publicity the club could well have done without and it all came about because of a very poorly worded statement which in turn opened the floodgates to the media, now the player looks humble and poorly treated and Redditch just look foolish babbling on about community work.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 328
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chesham today

Post  ted striker on Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:52 am

Mrs Moor wrote:Some have said it was a punch, some have said it was a slap, most have said it was a push, the player will be punished and rightly so but the way the incident has been handled by Redditch is laughable and embarrassing. This is publicity the club could well have done without and it all came about because of a very poorly worded statement which in turn opened the floodgates to the media, now the player looks humble and poorly treated and Redditch just look foolish babbling on about community work.

No, it came about because Josh assaulted the referee. Regardless of which bit of Josh's hand came into contact with the referee, or the force of the contact, the fact remains that Josh assaulted the referee - we can argue the toss about the exact description if you really want to but it is totally beside the point. His behaviour was unacceptable and the club have taken exactly the right course of action by cancelling his registration and stating that he will never play for Redditch again.

The statement as written is fine, and I'm pretty sure that in the extremely unlikely event that Josh were to take any legal action against the club for defamation, it would be laughed out of court - no judge would find in his favour on such a point of semantics, and no sensible lawyer with his client's interests in mind would advise him to take such action in the first place.

Furthermore, if the club had not made any statement at all, you would be lambasting them for their silence. The only person making laughable, embarrassing and poorly worded statements is you, and I suggest you stop before you humiliate yourself any further.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 306
Join date : 2011-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chesham today

Post  Tim_S on Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:58 am

Mrs Moor wrote:
RockDJ wrote:I also watched the interview with Josh & Mr Swan. I thought both parties carried out their interviews with dignity.
Josh apologised unreservedly
Mr Swan made it clear he would never play for Redditch again.

Could you explain a little more what part of the interview was unprofessional?

Is this the statement you refer to on the club website. Has it altered?? Again it seems perfectly ok to me (apart from the spelling) Very Happy Very Happy

Following an incident on the pitch at the Chesham United match where Josh McKenzie hit the referee and as a result the match was abandoned, Redditch United Football Club took immediate action to deal with this isolated incident. Within minutes of the incident the Club has canceled the player’s registration has stated that he will never play for the Club again.
“We pride ourselves on fair play and will not tolerate this kind of behaviour. The team has worked very hard over the past few weeks and we will not let this one individual tarnish the reputation of our much loved Club
.”

I have now watched the interview with the BBC which he chose to conduct with his wife, the main topic seemed to be the hard work the club were doing away from football and the focus on the local community, fair play if they are but they run a football club and their priority and effort should in my opinion be directed in getting Redditch back into the Blue Square and then they can mess about with the community, by doing things back to front the community may just lose interest in them particularly if the club suffer yet another relegation.

My only issue was the official club statement and as far as I am concerned it showed a total lack of understanding and thought because by wording it in such an unprofessional way it has only succeeded in bringing the football club more bad press than it deserves.

The statement should have just read, due to an incident at Chesham today a player has had his registration revoked by the football club. The statement the club chose to put out is just stupid and you can’t argue that point because just look what’s happened now.

I did not say the interviews were unprofessional I said the statement was unprofessional and I think most if not all people would agree with that.

I thought the player came across well and was sincere in his apology but I was bemused to see your Chairman totally change track in front of the camera when asked directly he changed HIT into HOWEVER, he clearly said however the incident happened and after watching him it would be a fair conclusion to assume he saw nothing himself and is drawing his conclusions from others.

Some have said it was a punch, some have said it was a slap, most have said it was a push, the player will be punished and rightly so but the way the incident has been handled by Redditch is laughable and embarrassing. This is publicity the club could well have done without and it all came about because of a very poorly worded statement which in turn opened the floodgates to the media, now the player looks humble and poorly treated and Redditch just look foolish babbling on about community work.

Mrs Moor, you do seem to have a Vendetta against Redditch for some reason. Every post you make you seem to put down the club and Mr. Swan. As you are (I assume) a Moors fan, why do you to continue to post on this forum and have a go at the club at every opportunity?

You seem to have taken major issue with the clubs statement regarding the issue. Hit/Struck/Push are much the same thing. Regardless if it had been worded differently it would have still become national news, as it was brought up on 5 live on Saturday evening. All things considered, the club seems to have come out of this with as much dignity as possible, with very kind things being said about our fans and Mr. Swan by the Chesham fans.

As for the club building in the community, our club needs this to be successful without spending above our means (again!). Bigger presence in the community = bigger gates = bigger budget = more success!

Rant
avatar
Tim_S
Admin

Posts : 37
Location : Derbyshire
Join date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chesham today

Post  Bob Marley on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:34 pm

I have now watched the interview with the BBC which he chose to conduct with his wife, the main topic seemed to be the hard work the club were doing away from football and the focus on the local community, fair play if they are but they run a football club and their priority and effort should in my opinion be directed in getting Redditch back into the Blue Square and then they can mess about with the community, by doing things back to front the community may just lose interest in them particularly if the club suffer yet another relegation.

This statement satisfies me that you know nothing about our club or any other football club, at this level.
Our club needs to be built bottom up...from solid foundations...not top down spending money we do not have.

You are stirring Moor....as I have said before, go and play up your own end....you have many moor issues with your own club
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chesham today

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum