Why Are We Waiting.....

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why Are We Waiting.....

Post  ROWLY1971 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:10 pm

So at the start of their 4th week in charge, in a game where 90 minutes can be a long time, I am amazed at the lack of new blood brought into the club. Or should that read Am I amazed?

Chairman praising Hydes every step, bigging up Fenmores importance with every new role given, Hyde name dropping and reminiscing about FA Cup finals with Sheff Wed, Fenmores non league contacts being spoke about, newspaper hints about budget increases bla bla bla bla bla!

Some might say/think 3 full weeks in charge isnt long, I agree its not a huge amount of time, but in a game that moves so quick, AND with 1 of the 2 new management team being FULL TIME, maybe entering the 4th full week seems time enough..... so Why Are We Waiting?

Yes ok players may be settled else where, but isnt the club in such fine hands off the pitch now to make it an easy sell, and with such amazing training sessions being laid on every week they should make recruiting easier.

Let the under 21s take care of themselves for the time being, the priority is the 1st team, and being Full Time 1st team manager brings responsibilities that you cant hide behind somebody else to avoid, 1 of them not just talking the talk, but walking the walk and doing what you profess to say on the tin!

Stop the excuses, stop telling us about non league contacts and past professional stories that are irrelevant to the 1st teams plight at the moment, pull your fingers out of each others arses and start getting the players into the club you keep banging the drum about we and you need!
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Are We Waiting.....

Post  RockDJ on Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:10 pm

I think if you check the players that played in S & S last game in charge and compare them to the team that played Saturday your be amazed at the number of changes.

Given, it was still a poor performance in the second half but I thought there were certainly some green shoots of recovery to take away from the game.

Incidentally, I hear that not only is training going well in a structured, professional manner but the under 21’s are playing well. Anyone know how they finished Saturday?
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:18 pm

RockDJ wrote:I think if you check the players that played in S & S last game in charge and compare them to the team that played Saturday your be amazed at the number of changes.

considering Hyde was saying how he knew how many new players were needed after the S&S era, and with his Ex Pro links and MF's non league contacts youre right I AM amazed! Amazed that they are still waiting for their 1st point!! Obviously all these changes youre on about arent good enough... or is it just they need more time?

Ive not been to a game lately due to work and other commitments, so yes Im speaking from the outside to a degree, but even on the outside Hyde and MF are like broken pencils.... pointless
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:57 pm

RockDJ wrote: Anyone know how they finished Saturday?

won 12-0 mate
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:56 pm

Rowly.

I always thought you were a half decent Mid Com player and a pretty decent manager...so I am really surprised by your recent posts about all things RUFC.

Only 6 short months ago, our club was on it's knees...waiting for a list of executioners to cast the final blow.

Mr Swan took a gamble with the Reds and described to everyone his 10 point survival plan at his 1st fans forum:

1. Pay off all debts - DONE
2. Increase matchday sponsorship and corporate income - DONE
3. Improve matchday experience by improving the facilities - DONE
4. Improve the community status and relationship with local council - in progress
5. Make the club self sufficient with tight budget control - DONE
6. Implement standard processes and management accounts - DONE
7. Have a under 21's - DONE
8. Have players on contract to safeguard poaching - DONE
9. Improve the playing surface - DONE
10. Have a competitive 1st team pushing for promotion every year - in progress.

Now, 8 major steps completed gives me a good idea that Mr Swan has a plan and a pretty good roadmap to get things DONE.

If people around this club STILL believe that by over investing in the playing budget will make everything else at RUFC successful, then please send me your personal details and you can take over the $300 / month loan payment we are paying off from previous regimes' similar idea.

Mr Swan made a mistake with S&S...4 weeks in September to turn around a squad that was never good enough and you are asking 'why are we waiting?'
If people STILL believe the playing squad is the most important thing around a football club these days are extremely deluded.

Is there really a story here? Evil or Very Mad
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:37 pm

Who are you Bob Marley.... you seem to have an answer for everything else I post, wonder if your record continues.

Youre obviously well involved with the club.
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:54 pm

So Bob am I now not allowed to keep posts football only and stay away from any politics? Please send me what I am and what Im not allowed to post about and I will try to keep to them, once youve replied to my above post.

1: My post did not mention any debt
2: my post did not mention sponsor or corporate income
3: matchday experience wasnt mentioned although most DO go to see good players win, or hope to
4: community status wasnt mentioned in my post
5: self sufficient and tight budget wasnt my point, you believe what you like on the latter at least!
6: accounts didnt get a mention
7: under 21's was mentioned, right now NOT priority to 1st team. FACT
8: contracted players... how many are? is that the amount poachable?
9: pitch quality wasnt mentioned
10: 1st team pushing for promotion every year in progress...now theres a debate in itself!

So out of your 10 commandments you decided to fill your post with to make it look better did I actually mention, or more to the point how many was I actually on about in MY post?

Stick up for Mr Swan all you like, the mere mention of his name in any post of mine makes you protect what you believe is a knock at him, it wasnt.

It was infact a management team post. Stop talking about ex pro stories and mates and cup finals, and stop talking about vast knowledge of non leagues and contact books etc etc and start doing what they are both paid for which is to get players good enough in to their team to help them get their 1st point(s) since taking charge!!

I hope the above paragraph has condensed it and simplified it enough Bob for you to get the drift of what my post was about, and maybe save you lots of time typing stuff totally irrelevant next time.

and just out of interest Bob.... how good a player were you in your opinion, if you know me I may know you and also have an opinion about that too cheers
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman on Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:05 am

Rowly,
I didn't realize there was a time limit imposed on the management team to turn it around. Does the season end next week? Is there a transfer window that ends tomorrow that I missed? You seem to be the only one on here that's panicking. I can acccept we are not looking good at the minute. We are looking better though. I also believe we are close to turning it around. If it takes another 5 games then so be it. After the mess S & S left us in we have to change our expectations. I repeat..the current management team had to start from rock bottom in terms of a team formed by S & S that culminated in the most inept, shocking, horror show that was Cirencester. Two of the worst full backs we've had in years in Heath and Milligan have gone, three players are now on contract, we are talking to players who are better than what we have/had.
4 games in charge...and you are panicking. Chill out man. flower
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:59 am

Rowly...quote 'plan, what plan...is there one?'

I gave you Mr Swan's plan.
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born on Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:51 pm

I think mr Swan has started well apart from the little point of a football team? So far he has done most things he said he would but the team still needs a lot of work, but in fairness to him did sack socket all be it he did give him the job to! The way the club are talking about players and budgets at the moment is a hall of mirrors
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pindick69 on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:22 pm

problem is Redditch United FC are not really a desireable club to join if you as a player have ambitions of winning things, and the club itself has a poor history with years of neglect to eradicate.
Years of a tatty ground, Poor pitch, poor league positions & struggle are going to make it difficult to attract anyone unless a LOT of money is thrown at players to entice them and that's already been proved not to work with players turning the club down.
A decent manager will have decent contacts, and will usually bring 5 or 6 players with them directly, the problem we have here is these 2 dont have those contacts, and dont have a reputation.

pindick69
Midland Combination League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:29 pm

Pindick...you are talking through your pindick.

Any Reds fan can name a starting 11 that have played for the club in the last 3 seasons that would hold it's own in the Conf Prem...so what the hell are you talking about.?
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  reds on Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:48 am

porrohman wrote:Rowly,
I didn't realize there was a time limit imposed on the management team to turn it around. Does the season end next week? Is there a transfer window that ends tomorrow that I missed? You seem to be the only one on here that's panicking. I can acccept we are not looking good at the minute. We are looking better though. I also believe we are close to turning it around. If it takes another 5 games then so be it. After the mess S & S left us in we have to change our expectations. I repeat..the current management team had to start from rock bottom in terms of a team formed by S & S that culminated in the most inept, shocking, horror show that was Cirencester. Two of the worst full backs we've had in years in Heath and Milligan have gone, three players are now on contract, we are talking to players who are better than what we have/had.
4 games in charge...and you are panicking. Chill out man. flower

Mark do you not understand, it's not about how many games you two have lost (5 now with last night) it's the fact you two are in charge clown s

reds

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pindick69 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:12 am

Bob Marley wrote:Pindick...you are talking through your pindick.

Any Reds fan can name a starting 11 that have played for the club in the last 3 seasons that would hold it's own in the Conf Prem...so what the hell are you talking about.?

What are you talking about you tool, the same players that in the last 3 years that finished in the bottom 6? stop talking wet man.

pindick69

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  reds on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:32 am

Bob mate your above quote is total B.........ks. we have been fighting relegation for a few years when finally it happened and we are were we are now. Do us a favour stick to singing please clown clown

reds

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:18 pm

What are you talking about you tool, the same players that in the last 3 years that finished in the bottom 6? stop talking wet man.

See...couldn't name a Reds team to save your life...you're just like/are the same as the other 'new recruits'.....I give you a start, just from players over the last 3 seasons;

1. Lewis
2. Gill
3. Charlton
4. Geohaghon
5. Munday
6. Byrne
7. Dance
8. Blair
9. Smith
10. Varma
11. Ducros

Not bad for a club that 'can not attract players'.

Now go back to your MFC diatribe and leave us Reds to enjoy the rebuilding of our club. Laughing
[i]
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:20 pm

reds wrote:

Bob mate your above quote is total B.........ks. we have been fighting relegation for a few years when finally it happened and we are were we are now. Do us a favour stick to singing please clown clown

Total B........ks?
Please see above........
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:23 pm

Ref my post above.

Please google to find out about these players (especially or new friends). Crying with laughter
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:59 pm

Bob, I see you have answered many questions on this thread apart from my 1st one....
rawlings09 called me a sh*t stirring prick via his keyboard, Im glad to report his mummy Sue told him to calm down though, I didnt know who he was at the time...
I see you also saying on another post that you hadnt seen me at any Reds games before this season, quite a good reason for that, unlike your wrong guess.
Its ok for you to say personal stuff about me on here as you know who I am, but you continue to hide behind a dead mans name. In a totally non threatening way, I will gladly meet you down at 1 of the reds weekend games for a drink and a chat where I may hopefully convince you I was more than an 'half decent mid comb player' and you can face to face try and convince me why my 'opinions' about the reds may be altered.

I find it funny how a few of last seasons posters knock the influx and views of this seasons posters, but do so from behind names hiding their true ID.
I post on here what I see or how I feel as I thought that was how a forum worked.
When I go to watch Reds I pay and walk in, watch and form opinons. People can talk to me if they wish as Ive nothing to hide or be embarrassed about. I wonder on my next visit to the Valley how many people introduce themselves and say hello rowly im **** from the forum, and how many people just notice and stay hidden.
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:27 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:rawlings09 called me a sh*t stirring prick via his keyboard, Im glad to report his mummy Sue told him to calm down though, I didnt know who he was at the time...

Didn't the name ring a bell? I didn't know who you were either! Untill mummy Sue said she worked with your good lady wife... Small world. Beer Cheers
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:41 am

Now now!

It is good to see opinions but can we concentrate on the football?!
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  pindick69 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:28 am

Bob Marley wrote:What are you talking about you tool, the same players that in the last 3 years that finished in the bottom 6? stop talking wet man.

See...couldn't name a Reds team to save your life...you're just like/are the same as the other 'new recruits'.....I give you a start, just from players over the last 3 seasons;

1. Lewis
2. Gill
3. Charlton
4. Geohaghon
5. Munday
6. Byrne
7. Dance
8. Blair
9. Smith
10. Varma
11. Ducros

Not bad for a club that 'can not attract players'.

Now go back to your MFC diatribe and leave us Reds to enjoy the rebuilding of our club. Laughing
[i]

You miss the point spectacularly, Redditch United are not an attractive proposition for players at this level or the level above, Unless a LOT of money is offered and even then it's not guaranteed to attract. How many of those players listed came DOWN a level or across a level from regular football? Exactly
All clubs at Southern League Premier should be able to attract players from a lower level if they have ambition as your list shows.
So far 3 players at this level have turned down Reds. Attractive? I think not.
And what are you going on about MFC diatribe?? I live in Redditch, am I not allowed a view? what an absolute tool you are.

pindick69

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born on Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:39 am

Pindick take no notice mate him and 4 or 5 others. My family has been watching redditch since the day they was formed and the little gang think iv not right to a opinion too????????
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born on Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:45 am

I will gladly meet you down at 1 of the reds weekend games for a drink and a chat where I may hopefully convince you I was more than an 'half decent mid comb player'

Rowly will you buy me a couple of beers if I agree with you? lol
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:52 pm

QUOTE; the thing i have noticed in the short time i have been a manager is that you can go for players but it doesnt always come off.
EMBARRASSING

The reds have also confirmed that they are looking to forge strong links with league clubs including Birmingham City, Walsall, Coventry City, Port Vale, and Cheltenham Town where they hope to once again utilise these to bring in the players needed to move the club forward

If you actually read and understand the above quote, its easy to see the 1st bit sounds impressive but without any evidence or balls about it.... I could be looking to forge strong links in the business world with Sir Alan Sugar, weather he wants to though is a different story! And the last bit is utter madness! How can loan players from such a list of clubs move the club forward... Mind Bogglingly papering over cracks!

"To have connections with with professional and Conference clubs is important but i must stress is is all about bringing the right players in"

Yeah? Like Luke Williams from Coventry Sphinx in the Alliance and giving him £80 a week and £10 goal bonus you mean.....

EMBARRASSING!!!
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top