Frome 3 - 2 Redditch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Frome 3 - 2 Redditch

Post  rawlings09 on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:00 am

Wasn't there, don't know how we played... lost a 2 goal lead... oh dear Shocked

At least we're scoring goals though...
avatar
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1139
Location : Nowhere near Blyth
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Frome 3 - 2 Redditch

Post  Leethall on Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:22 am

Joe Harris Sent Off.

Relegation
avatar
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1845
Location : Village Branch
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: Frome 3 - 2 Redditch

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:35 pm

If we could play the rest of the season like we did in the 1st half, we'd be fine.
Unfortunately, we got over-confident, sat back too much and let Frome get straight back into the game.

Tesfa Robinson scored our 1st, and went on to have a good game (MOM for us IMO), and celebrated his goal by running upto our fans Beer Cheers

Brad Bullimore put a decent shift in.

Dean Coleman was injured for today, but Jake Bedford filled the spot well, and had no chance with the goals.

Tommy Warmer battled well, chased everything and had a decent game.

Cameron Jones held the ball up well on the wing, but shooting was woeful.

Lots of positives from 1st half, 2nd half it was all Frome.


All in good time...

_________________
Have you heard?......
avatar
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Posts : 872
Location : Redditch
Join date : 2011-01-03

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Frome 3 - 2 Redditch

Post  ROWLY1971 on Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:50 pm

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:If we could play the rest of the season like we did in the 1st half, we'd be fine.

How can you expect them to play like they did in the 1st half, for the rest of the season when they couldnt even play like the 1st half in the 2nd half! Head against wall

Too easy to say 'if' we played like this or like then.

Positives are the 2 goals and taking a 2 goal lead away from home.

Negatives are probably everything else, so well done lads for the 2 goals and taking the lead, work hard at the other stuff you need to and you will move in the right direction.

Heard Mark Hands might not be happy at Chasetown...........
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Frome 3 - 2 Redditch

Post  Leethall on Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:54 am

Any new players in mate?
avatar
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1845
Location : Village Branch
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: Frome 3 - 2 Redditch

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:40 am

Connor Deards from Walsall (scored our 2nd), that's the only one I can remember.

_________________
Have you heard?......
avatar
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Posts : 872
Location : Redditch
Join date : 2011-01-03

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Frome 3 - 2 Redditch

Post  Captain Carlin on Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:16 am

Aaron Stringfellow (no2) from Daventry?

avatar
Captain Carlin
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 119
Location : Pacific Ocean
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Stampede

Post  ROWLY1971 on Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:42 am

wow! is that it?
I am NOT knocking Hyde or MF.... but with such contacts as we got told they have, they sure seem to be dragging their heels getting players IN especially with the situation the team is in!
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Frome 3 - 2 Redditch

Post  redditch born on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:02 am

Come on Mr Swan prove me wrong and put your hand in your pocket, we do every week
avatar
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 250
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Frome 3 - 2 Redditch

Post  ted striker on Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:48 am

redditch born wrote:Come on Mr Swan prove me wrong and put your hand in your pocket, we do every week

He already has. If he hadn't, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 306
Join date : 2011-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Frome 3 - 2 Redditch

Post  porrohman on Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:51 am

Saving the club.... and pumping in over 150k of his own money... and Redditch born wants Swanny to 'put his hand in his pocket .'
Unfathomable.
avatar
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Frome 3 - 2 Redditch

Post  arsene on Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:27 am

redditch born wrote:Come on Mr Swan prove me wrong and put your hand in your pocket, we do every week

Some people just have no idea...!
avatar
arsene
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 243
Join date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Frome 3 - 2 Redditch

Post  redditch born on Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:56 am

ted striker wrote:
redditch born wrote:Come on Mr Swan prove me wrong and put your hand in your pocket, we do every week

He already has. If he hadn't, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Thats where your wrong Ted, but would be playing a few divisions lower
avatar
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 250
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Frome 3 - 2 Redditch

Post  redditch born on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:01 am

porrohman wrote:Saving the club.... and pumping in over 150k of his own money... and Redditch born wants Swanny to 'put his hand in his pocket .'
Unfathomable.

the post was addressed to Mr Swan hes not a idiot and would understand, Asked all you financial geniuses why you didnt buy it???
avatar
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 250
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Frome 3 - 2 Redditch

Post  redditch born on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:12 am

arsene wrote:
redditch born wrote:Come on Mr Swan prove me wrong and put your hand in your pocket, we do every week

Some people just have no idea...!

Arsene Maybe I do and maybe i dont? all i know is that redditch united is not fixed yet, far from it!!! ok giving it a lick of paint, but wasnt the paint job thats got us relagated and got us looking at it again?? me i think investement is needed in the personal? Hate to tell you but if you want to stop in this league playing budgets got to improve gave my point of view on it so instead of being negative contribute. Im all ears.....
avatar
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 250
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Frome 3 - 2 Redditch

Post  porrohman on Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:31 am

It's not being negative.... it's his point of view. Just because it's different than yours it doesn't mean it's negative.
It is so,so different.
Redditch United isn't fixed..correct...but it's a hell of a lot better than it's been in a long long time.
Your reference to the paint job is lost on me I'm afraid.
I'm afraid if you are looking for financial geniuses you are on the wrong forum.
avatar
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Frome 3 - 2 Redditch

Post  redditch born on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:09 am

porrohman wrote:It's not being negative.... it's his point of view. Just because it's different than yours it doesn't mean it's negative.
It is so,so different.
Redditch United isn't fixed..correct...but it's a hell of a lot better than it's been in a long long time.
Your reference to the paint job is lost on me I'm afraid.
I'm afraid if you are looking for financial geniuses you are on the wrong forum.

Your right if you mean the state of the ground, but i was on about the playing side??? sorry mate its been many years since it was this bad many many!!!
in my opinion the post was negative it offered nothing apart from poo pooing what i said? seems to be a trate on here? same people who poo poo my comments on spending are on another thread saying the opposite??????????? as for finacial wizz kids i worked that out a long time ago!


Last edited by redditch born on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 250
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Frome 3 - 2 Redditch

Post  porrohman on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:17 am

I agree on the playing side it's poor. I've said before on here there are 3 or 4 that I'd keep and the rest the jury is out..what I do know is there is alot of hard work going on to get new players in..not as quickly as some would like I know but it's going on.
avatar
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Frome 3 - 2 Redditch

Post  rawlings09 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:36 pm

redditch born wrote:
Your right if you mean the state of the ground, but i was on about the playing side??? sorry mate its been many years since it was this bad many many!!!

So you're saying that when we had debts, creditors calling in debts, players unpaid, no budget and weeks away from nothin atall it was in a better position than now?

Please, sir, explain yourself clearly because i find that statement bizarre!

The playing squad isn't perfect, but it's getting there... it's sustainable, it's not overpaid, it's starting to gel.

I've only supported the club for 3 years, since we moved up here really, and i think this is the best position the clubs been in for years! Standing on two feet rather than on it's knees!
avatar
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1139
Location : Nowhere near Blyth
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Frome 3 - 2 Redditch

Post  ted striker on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:24 am

redditch born wrote:
ted striker wrote:
redditch born wrote:Come on Mr Swan prove me wrong and put your hand in your pocket, we do every week

He already has. If he hadn't, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Thats where your wrong Ted, but would be playing a few divisions lower

Maybe there would be a Redditch team playing in the Midland Alliance or Midland Combination, but maybe not - there are no guarantees. Clubs only reform at a lower level when there are people there to reform it, and there is no indication that such a group exists with the will and werewithal to found a new football club in the course of a single summer. Plan B, as Bob Marley pointed out at the time, had a shelf life, and that shelf life expired a long time ago.

Furthermore, even if the club had gone bust and restarted at a lower level, it almost certainly wouldn't have been with Chris Swan involved, and we would almost certainly still be talking about a zero budget and 1 bunch of Redditch-based pub players and 18-19 year-olds, so, as per my previous comment, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

QED.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 306
Join date : 2011-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Frome 3 - 2 Redditch

Post  redditch born on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:11 pm

ted striker wrote:
redditch born wrote:
ted striker wrote:
redditch born wrote:Come on Mr Swan prove me wrong and put your hand in your pocket, we do every week

He already has. If he hadn't, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Thats where your wrong Ted, but would be playing a few divisions lower

Maybe there would be a Redditch team playing in the Midland Alliance or Midland Combination, but maybe not - there are no guarantees. Clubs only reform at a lower level when there are people there to reform it, and there is no indication that such a group exists with the will and werewithal to found a new football club in the course of a single summer. Plan B, as Bob Marley pointed out at the time, had a shelf life, and that shelf life expired a long time ago.

Furthermore, even if the club had gone bust and restarted at a lower level, it almost certainly wouldn't have been with Chris Swan involved, and we would almost certainly still be talking about a zero budget and 1 bunch of Redditch-based pub players and 18-19 year-olds, so, as per my previous comment, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

QED.

Ted agree apart from I and some others would still be going down to watch if they played in the middland com, no problem and as such would still post on here.
avatar
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 250
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Frome 3 - 2 Redditch

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum