Went over to the dark side...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Went over to the dark side...

Post  ted striker on Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:32 am

... and watched Solihull beat Altrincham 2-0 today, Jordan Fitzpatrick helped set up the first and scored a cracker for the second. Jasbir Singh had a great game in goal, kicking wasn't great but pulled off a good half-dozen top-drawer saves. Crowd of 343.

Mind you, I only went because I was getting paid, still wouldn't sully my shoes to go there otherwise Very Happy

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 306
Join date : 2011-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Went over to the dark side...

Post  Leethall on Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:26 pm

ted striker wrote:... and watched Solihull beat Altrincham 2-0 today, Jordan Fitzpatrick helped set up the first and scored a cracker for the second. Jasbir Singh had a great game in goal, kicking wasn't great but pulled off a good half-dozen top-drawer saves. Crowd of 343.

Mind you, I only went because I was getting paid, still wouldn't sully my shoes to go there otherwise Very Happy

Laughing Getting paid to serve burgers?!
avatar
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1845
Location : Village Branch
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: Went over to the dark side...

Post  in2thevalley on Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:07 pm

ted striker wrote:... and watched Solihull beat Altrincham 2-0 today, Jordan Fitzpatrick helped set up the first and scored a cracker for the second. Jasbir Singh had a great game in goal, kicking wasn't great but pulled off a good half-dozen top-drawer saves. Crowd of 343.

Mind you, I only went because I was getting paid, still wouldn't sully my shoes to go there otherwise Very Happy



I know a good therapist.Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
avatar
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1640
Location : Here
Join date : 2011-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Went over to the dark side...

Post  ted striker on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:04 pm

Suffice it to say that my disappointment at Solihull moving off the bottom of the table was somewhat tempered by the fact that they've been replaced there by Workington Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter wanker

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 306
Join date : 2011-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Went over to the dark side...

Post  Leethall on Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:00 am

Was it typical Solihoof Bores Hoofball?!
avatar
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1845
Location : Village Branch
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: Went over to the dark side...

Post  ROWLY1971 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:26 am

Leethall wrote:Was it typical Solihoof Bores Hoofball?!

If it was, at least they done it properly and came away with all 3points, rather than hoofing it wrong and ending up empty handed......
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Went over to the dark side...

Post  ted striker on Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:40 am

Leethall wrote:Was it typical Solihoof Bores Hoofball?!

Hard to tell really; so used to seeing hoofball at the Valley that most other teams seem cultured by comparison. It's a bit like eating a jar of honey in one go, then not being able to tell whether you put sugar in your coffee.

Seriously though, it was decent football, never going to set the world alight if you coated it in napalm and chucked a match on it, but good enough to beat a poor Altrincham side whose supporters were almost as unimpressed with the ref (who had a decent game IMO) as they were with their manager who was "playing half the team out of position".

ROWLY1971 wrote:If it was, at least they done it properly and came away with all 3points, rather than hoofing it wrong and ending up empty handed......

Quite. I'd rather watch Redditch win 1-0 with hoofball than lose 1-0 with culture. That may not find a lot of agreement here, but I want my team to win, not look pretty.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 306
Join date : 2011-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Went over to the dark side...

Post  Leethall on Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:06 am

ted striker wrote:
Leethall wrote:Was it typical Solihoof Bores Hoofball?!

Hard to tell really; so used to seeing hoofball at the Valley that most other teams seem cultured by comparison. It's a bit like eating a jar of honey in one go, then not being able to tell whether you put sugar in your coffee.

Seriously though, it was decent football, never going to set the world alight if you coated it in napalm and chucked a match on it, but good enough to beat a poor Altrincham side whose supporters were almost as unimpressed with the ref (who had a decent game IMO) as they were with their manager who was "playing half the team out of position".

ROWLY1971 wrote:If it was, at least they done it properly and came away with all 3points, rather than hoofing it wrong and ending up empty handed......

Quite. I'd rather watch Redditch win 1-0 with hoofball than lose 1-0 with culture. That may not find a lot of agreement here, but I want my team to win, not look pretty.

The Solihoof Bores element is just a winde up to fans I know as I work in Solihull Very Happy

I'd rather see us win with hoofball as well, problem is that we are playing it and getting beat Head against wall
avatar
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1845
Location : Village Branch
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: Went over to the dark side...

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum