Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  ROWLY1971 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:16 pm

porrohman wrote:You know when you played old 45's and sometimes the record got stuck and repeated the same lines again and again and again....... Sleep

Is it similar to when you try and tell someone something, but they just dont get it? If so then yes I can well imagine porrohman Head against wall
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  ROWLY1971 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:18 pm

del boy wrote:Don't feed the trolls!!!! The sooner we all ignore them, the sooner they'll all get bored.

Is this the kind of 'distinct lack of respect and maturity' you were on about BOB MARLEY, hmmm I see what you mean about earning respect. Well pointed out! cyclops cyclops
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  porrohman on Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:16 am

Rowly,
Mrs Moors post original post starts with a go at the Chairman. It then proceeds to have a pop at Hydey.
Strangely familiar. Coming from someone who doesn't support the club, I find it hard to understand why he bothers coming on our board to voice his opinion on another teams Chairman and JOINT Manager.
I think you are confusing yourself Rowly with your points, all I know is it's getting very tedious.Your fascination with the club is bordering on obsession. Looking for every opportunity to stir things up ( hidden under the guise of ..just my opinion) Why on earth are you asking if it's true Ager played left back on Tuesday? Or as you put it 'Did Hyde play Ager at LEFT BACK last night'. You don't want peoples opinions, you just want to start a thread having a pop at Hydey...it's so obvious and boring now. It's Fenners and Hydey by the way who manage the team.
As you didn't attend the game...we had one sub left when our LB went off. the choice was a GK, a centre forward
or Ager. I'm sure you can figure out why Ager went on. It's the fans forum on Saturday..I'm sure you will want your own microphone to ask Chris alot of questions.....
avatar
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:41 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:
del boy wrote:Don't feed the trolls!!!! The sooner we all ignore them, the sooner they'll all get bored.

Is this the kind of 'distinct lack of respect and maturity' you were on about BOB MARLEY, hmmm I see what you mean about earning respect. Well pointed out! cyclops cyclops
Is that the same lack of respect you gave rufc staff, dj for private party and private party guests the other week?, because imo you were very rude and immature. respect is a two way thing, you show some you get some. Fact.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  rawlings09 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:28 am

One sided arguments show bias against the club...

Fair enough if you say "Fenners and Hydey aren't the best in your opinion, however, with hydes experience and fenners' contacts *he does have them, hence 2 new players on tuesday* they might just do a good job"then finish off with a conclusion.

But it's all "fenners and hyde are chairmans friends putting pressure on sockett and my friend" Doubting the chairman, calling him a clown, all negative but no positive so yeah... bias Smile

My argument "Rowly is a troll with far too much spare time on his hands to write copiuos amounts of negative, tedious, sh*t stirring bollocks, however, thanks to Rowly, we've had some healthy debates and alot to read, even a solihull fan has appeared... unsusually... even though they're shitter than us. Wink, In conclusion, while there has been alot to read and ponder since his existance on the forum, very little has been worth reading. And any man who doesn't leave the bar when asked, shouts at barstaff and Dj's setting up for a function then chirps on about respect needs checking.

Anyway, thanks Rowly, all the best for the future and trolling the forums of clubs that sack your good friend Smile
avatar
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1139
Location : Nowhere near Blyth
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  SID SNOT on Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:36 am

I have followed the forum intently for the last couple of weeks and found it as interesting and entertaining as it has ever been.

What I can't understand is the hostility towards individuals who are coming on and putting opinions across which don't come in line with the 'one eyed' view of certain people on here.

Up until recently this forum might as well have been the official programme as no one ever dared say anything against the board, the management, the team, the ground, the facilities, the fans, else they would be shot down in a totally defensive way, 'well if you don't like it, then you come and lay the pitch, paint the stands, work the tannoy, come and watch training, call the Director of football, etc, etc, etc.'

I'm a football fan who pays my nine pounds every week and travels to several away games. I have a full time job and family commitments and to be honest don't have the slightest interest in joining the TRUST. This seems though to make me less of a fan, have less footballing knowledge than anyone who stands on the Ceder Road abnd means that I can't have a view or ever post anything negative about the club.

I haven't just appeared from no where like Rowly1971 and Mrs Moors, I have followed the club for a number of years and have seen several managers and hundreds of players come and go in that time. Shoot me down but I actually agree with lots of what they are saying looking from the outside in;

1. Mr Swan was far too hasty in sacking Sockett and Smith. Against Banbury away we played as well as I have seen in a very long time and should have taken three points on the night, had it not been for a bad decision by the linesman. We looked organised, the defence looked solid, and every player on that pitch was commited to the cause for the full 90 minutes. A couple of games later they were sacked. Banbury are in the play offs now, we are just above the relegation zone. I'm sure when Sockett joined Redditch he didn't buy into having both a coach and Director of football on the bench and in the dressing room. The phrase 'Too many cooks spoil the broth' comes to mind.

2. Mr Swan does seem to think that as an ex Premiership footballer and qualified coach, Hyde can work wonders for the club. I'm sure that Hyde is an outstanding coach, and that the players learn a lot from his sessions, but he is unproven as a manager and at this precise moment in time we need an old head with a proven track record in the Midlands non league scene. Rod Brown had contacts, as did Gary Whild, Carl Heggs, Mikey Moore, Matt Gardner and to a lesser degree Simon Redhead.

3. I think I have made my view on Mr Fenemore pretty clear. I just don't get it? He came with Mr Swan as a Director along with himself and his wife. Then he was made General Manager, which I presume would mean trying to get some sponsorship for this season and marketing the club a little bit more than the last regime. Neither of which was done as far as I can see. Then we see pictures of him laying the pitch and painting the stands. The next thing we hear he is Director of Football, and then joint manager? Wtf? We hear about all these contacts he has, but in a week of being in the job, we let a load of players go and bring in a striker who was playing for Coventry Sphinx a couple of weeks a go and can't get in the Solihull side. Brilliant.

4. On coming to the club in a blaze of glory, he did say that he would be looking to get us into the 'Conference Premier' in the next five years.

5. I know for a fact that Simon Fitter went to Evesham for more money and the managers hands were tied. So Sockett didn't think Mark Hands was match fit, which is fair enough as he didn't play for all of last year, so sent him on loan to Studley. He maybe felt Howell and Brown were better options, which is his perogative and looked to be the right decision four games in.

6. There is absolutely no excuse for the performance against Cirencester, it was dreadful, but if every manager got sacked after a bad performance then Mr Wenger would certainly be looking for a new job after their game at Old Trafford a couple of weeks ago. Reading between the lines, the Chairman and the Manager have had an all mightly barny after that game and Sockett and Smith have got the bullet, with Mr Swan deciding to remain loyal to the 'dream team' which is Hyde and Fenemore.

I'm sorry if these points don't come in line with the view of the vast majority on here. I can assure you that although I don't stand on the Ceder Road and come to TRUST meetings I support the club as much as you all and was eternally grateful when Mr Swan came and saved our arses last year. We have the basis of an amazing club with the financial backing that we now have, I just think that some of the decisions around management have left a lot to be desired, and with the right appointment we maybe could challenge for the play off and who knows what else in time.

UTR
avatar
SID SNOT
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 65
Join date : 2011-01-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  Bob Marley on Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:05 am

Sid.

I don't think for 1 minute anyone is trying to prevent a good healthy debate about the football side of the club....opinions are what makes ther whole thing interesting.
I also don't think regulars on here are shouting down differences of opinion...what is annoying is open critism of a Chairman who has invested over 100k of his own money to save the club and is only 6 months into his 1st role in non-league football.

When you 1st started a job...did you not make any mistakes?.....the big difference is that Mr Swan has put his hard earned into the club to give him the right to make every decision he wants...you/me may not agree with them, but that's life.

I did not agree on the appointment of Mr Sockett...I posted on this very forum I was 'under whelmed'...I was at the pre-season v Rugby last season and they where a hoofball side then. But, in life, business, pleasure...we all make mistakes and the most important thing is that we learn and ensure we do everything to prevent them happening again.

I think the appointment of Mr Hyde will prove to be a very good move. I understand the appointment of Mr Fennemore to help Graham with the non league 'boys club'...but what happens on the field is the most important aspect and I think Graham has the knowledge and professional experience to fundamentally change the footballing philosophy at the Reds for a very long time.

What we must, must remember is that days of going and offering players wages we can not afford are well and truly over and I applaud Mr Swan for this approach.
You said you have no interest in TRUST...again, your choice...but please remember without the 10k invested by the members last season and 6k debt payments for this season, the club would not be here anymore and would of died even before Mr Swan came along. When people say I have no interest in the financial side of football (ala Mr Whild), then they are living in a different time...look around and there is more carnage to come, for sure.

I would prefer to have a team to support in a lower league than have no team to support at all.
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  Mrs Moor on Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:06 am

SID SNOT wrote: 1. Mr Swan was far too hasty in sacking Sockett and Smith. Against Banbury away we played as well as I have seen in a very long time and should have taken three points on the night, had it not been for a bad decision by the linesman. We looked organised, the defence looked solid, and every player on that pitch was commited to the cause for the full 90 minutes. A couple of games later they were sacked. Banbury are in the play offs now, we are just above the relegation zone. I'm sure when Sockett joined Redditch he didn't buy into having both a coach and Director of football on the bench and in the dressing room. The phrase 'Too many cooks spoil the broth' comes to mind.

Hi Sid

Fantastic post, I too was at the Banbury game and thought Redditch played some super football especially in the first half where they were clearly the better side.
Tesfa Robinson was superb at the back and Phil Green was technical and head and shoulders but did fade a bit towards the end. I felt a bit sorry for Blenkinsopp who could have done with a target man up along side but overall there did look plenty to build on. Lots of good football and they made Banbury look fairly ordinary, I left before Banbury scored and was disappointed to see the result when I got home.

Whoever would have thought a few games later the management would be sacked, madness complete madness. There does seem to be a clear anti Sockett & Smith feeling on this forum coupled with a Graham Hyde “fan club” all I can say is Hyde has been the one constant throughout the last three managers and is still in place and Redditch are still losing. What do you do with him after another five games?

Mr Marley

Sorry you feel unable to welcome people who take an interest in your club and pay to watch them play, one minute you say you want people like me to come and watch and ease the financial burden then in same breath you insult me and tell me to get lost.

Yes we lost our manager, sadly he died or I have no doubt he would still be there. He never shouted nor did he even stand up during games. We are a very small club with a very poor attendance and yet through the highs and lows Sir Bob lasted 25 years at the helm, it really does put into context the seven games you gave Sockett & Smith.

While I agree the Chairman saved the club and he is your hero, take a glance over to Bromsgrove and remember their Hero of a few years ago.

Pity you can’t be more welcoming and feel unable to enjoy a chat about your club with other supporters without using rude icons and petty insults. I’ll spend my money at Leamington from now on but will keep an eye out for your progress this season.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 328
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  rawlings09 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:44 am

It's a learning curve...

Swan has no experience in being a Chairman... but can anyone say he's doing a bad job? if so, why is he doing a bad job?

Hyde and Fenners may not be experience managers... but they've got to start somewhere don't you think? Why not start somewhere where you have the support from the Chairman and fans?

I'll always be on the side of the Club really... afterall, if you're solely against the club and have no positives atall, you're better off supporting someone else.

Luckily, with the exception of rowly, people have been fairly 2 sided.

Personally, if we ever do get into the conference premier, i'd like to see alot of the naysayers shake the chairmans hand and say "i never thought you'd do it"

I love a good debate, i love Redditch United, i don't care much for the people that have negative points and i'm not intrested in the politics... but i'm enjoying the ride!
UTR! Cup
avatar
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1139
Location : Nowhere near Blyth
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  ROWLY1971 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:00 am

rawlings09 wrote: And any man who doesn't leave the bar when asked, shouts at barstaff and Dj's setting up for a function then chirps on about respect needs checking.

Thanks Rawlings, saved me a lot of time this has. At least when I post stating Joe Adams has been released and get told its Bullshit, I know it isnt and proves not to be. With your quote at least I now know to ignore future posts cus basically youre full of sh*t!

1ST POINT I DID NOT REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY BAR WHEN ASKED.
2ND POINT I DID NOT SHOUT AT BAR STAFF AND DJs.

I was however in a group of about 7 after the Cirencester game drinking and talking football in the clubhouse. There was a function being set up. The dj had done a sound check, then preceeded to play a record so loud all conversation had to stop. I called over to him if he could turn it down PLEASE. 1 member of staff said there was a function that night (derrr get away) I said nobody could hear anybody talking, to which we ALL got asked to move to the other room, on which we ALL did. They are the facts........ were you there or did you just hear chinese whisper
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  ROWLY1971 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:03 am

Redjeff wrote:Is that the same lack of respect you gave rufc staff, dj for private party and private party guests the other week?, because imo you were very rude and immature. respect is a two way thing, you show some you get some. Fact.

Read the above post Jeff and think again.

Were you there or chinese whisper, and if you were then whats your side, because of course there are 2 sides to all stories. 1 being truth the other being fiction......
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  ROWLY1971 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:14 am

SID SNOT wrote:I haven't just appeared from no where like Rowly1971

Sid while I think your post was superb, Id like to clarify 'appearing'
My late Grandad use to do hours and hours of voluntary work at the Valley, he use to take me down too. One of my earliest and fondest memories of him was stood huddled together on a midweek game with a hot bovril and cigar smoke afting around the Valley. I remember seeing Alex Stepney play at the Valley for Altrincham not many years after being the Utd keeper. Ive played for the Reds and being town born n bred always followed them and had the home town desire for them to do well.

I know there are people here who think im a troll (whatever that means) and only have negatives to post, but then there are as you pointed out a lot of people here who get upset if anyone expresses a different opinion to theirs, as though its their money Swan has pumped into the club!

Great post though, enjoyed the read.
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:35 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:
Redjeff wrote:Is that the same lack of respect you gave rufc staff, dj for private party and private party guests the other week?, because imo you were very rude and immature. respect is a two way thing, you show some you get some. Fact.

Read the above post Jeff and think again.

Were you there or chinese whisper, and if you were then whats your side, because of course there are 2 sides to all stories. 1 being truth the other being fiction......
Yes I was there,I had complaints from staff who pointed you out. The part I highlighted I was stood next to you, no fiction on that part I can assure you.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  SID SNOT on Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:42 am

Rowly - To clarify, I meant 'appearing' on the forum. I have no reason to doubt the information you have provided around various issues, through quite clearly following, if not supporting in the traditional sense, the club over the years.

avatar
SID SNOT
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 65
Join date : 2011-01-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  rawlings09 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:52 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:
rawlings09 wrote: And any man who doesn't leave the bar when asked, shouts at barstaff and Dj's setting up for a function then chirps on about respect needs checking.

Thanks Rawlings, saved me a lot of time this has. At least when I post stating Joe Adams has been released and get told its Bullshit, I know it isnt and proves not to be. With your quote at least I now know to ignore future posts cus basically youre full of sh*t!


Fishing Someone grab the landing net! Claiming that as a bite Smile
avatar
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1139
Location : Nowhere near Blyth
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  ROWLY1971 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:19 am

SID SNOT wrote:Rowly - To clarify, I meant 'appearing' on the forum. I have no reason to doubt the information you have provided around various issues, through quite clearly following, if not supporting in the traditional sense, the club over the years.


sorry sid i did mean to mention that.... I did not take your 'appearing' the wrong way. Its true ive not been posting long....anther mark against me according to others Rolling Eyes
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  in2thevalley on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:20 am

ANYWAY, back to the game on Tuesday evening. I thought we started quite brightly, and played some neat football, I thought Tommy Warmer who was made captain for the night, led by example. And AMG did at least get to the by line and get some crosses in. There were some encouraging signs to be seen. The second half we seemed a different team for some reason, and allowed SSM back into the game, and in fairness they had three or four chances to score. We have lacked confidence in recent games and this again showed with some of the performances, Cameron Jones for one. Head down, not tracking back, something he did at the start of the season.



Whether or not you agree with the sacking of messrs Sockett and Smith, the FACT is, its has happened. SO now we must move on and get behind the team. I will be there as ever on the Cedar Road Cheering them on.



Just my opinion FACT
avatar
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1640
Location : Here
Join date : 2011-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  ROWLY1971 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:20 am

rawlings09 wrote:
ROWLY1971 wrote:
rawlings09 wrote: And any man who doesn't leave the bar when asked, shouts at barstaff and Dj's setting up for a function then chirps on about respect needs checking.

Thanks Rawlings, saved me a lot of time this has. At least when I post stating Joe Adams has been released and get told its Bullshit, I know it isnt and proves not to be. With your quote at least I now know to ignore future posts cus basically youre full of sh*t!


Fishing Someone grab the landing net! Claiming that as a bite Smile

stating youre full of sh*t doesnt go down as a bite cyclops
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  ROWLY1971 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:25 am

Redjeff wrote:Yes I was there,I had complaints from staff who pointed you out. The part I highlighted I was stood next to you, no fiction on that part I can assure you.

How I posted it is how it happened.

IF you were there and saw it....why did I need pointing out Embarassed

and IF you had complaints from staff about me why didnt you approach me and deal with it there and then instead of waiting 2 weeks and wimping it out on a forum Embarassed after all that is what you get paid for ist it by Mr Swan...and we all know what happens if his employees dont do their job properly dont we Shocked
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:49 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:
Redjeff wrote:Yes I was there,I had complaints from staff who pointed you out. The part I highlighted I was stood next to you, no fiction on that part I can assure you.

How I posted it is how it happened.

IF you were there and saw it....why did I need pointing out Embarassed

and IF you had complaints from staff about me why didnt you approach me and deal with it there and then instead of waiting 2 weeks and wimping it out on a forum Embarassed after all that is what you get paid for ist it by Mr Swan...and we all know what happens if his employees dont do their job properly dont we Shocked
I was downstairs when member of staff complained, I was next to you when you were less than mature about a guest. That guest never heard you, I am not saying what you did warranted making an issue. My point is respect deserves respect and saying to paul smith that you would and I quote "hang out the back of that" with regards to a young lady in fancy dress is not showing much respect for that person. I may not be the best at the job I do and yes I may make mistakes but I try to do it to the best of my abilities, If I were to get the sack I am big enough to except that maybe the reason for being sacked was in part my fault. I would not assume that I was faultless and that someone else was out to take my Job, I do not wimp out on here either(up and till a month ago I had a photo of me as my avatar as I believe in being honest and open and not hiding behind a made up name), most people on here know who I am. sometimes I disagree with people on here and other times I agree with the same people on here, the same as I would in person. Im sure somewhere you and I have common ground that we can agree on and I look forward to this Very Happy Beer Cheers

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  ROWLY1971 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:10 am

Jeff there are many such sayings that in football you hear many times, good or bad. One being the phrase you mentioned. It is however 1 that I never have or never would use myself. Fact

We will agree on something Im sure, hopefully a good Redditch performance or signing, but again on the saying issue we will have to agree to disagree
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  porrohman on Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:56 am

Great post Marley! Mrs Moor has taken her ball back and is going to watch Leamington now.Result!
avatar
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  redditch born on Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:25 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:
Leethall wrote:
I am not the manager but proven Premier League experience is players who have played at this level and are quality. Whether you put those 2 players into the mix depends on if you think they are good enough..... That is for Fenners & Hyde to decide. My opinion is that we are short of some quality

We have just signed Pavel Tomszak from Coventry Sphinx and sent him over to you on loan, not sure if he's cup tied from Sphinx but he's been scoring in the Alliance.

A good young prospect but not the experience you need at the moment, mind you with a small budget and an ever smaller contact book beggers can't be choosers i suppose.

Oh well back to the ironing ............... Very Happy


mrs moor you hit the nail on the head! I think leethall keeps banging himself on the head? is it me or are half the posters on here blind? The team has been put together on the cheap and it shows, for what reason??? I think the answer to that is the answer to a bigger question? whats swan brought it for??????? and before you all guess i know


Last edited by redditch born on Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : didnt put my text on)
avatar
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 250
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  ROWLY1971 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:47 pm

redditch born wrote:
mrs moor you hit the nail on the head! I think leethall keeps banging himself on the head? is it me or are half the posters on here blind? The team has been put together on the cheap and it shows, for what reason??? I think the answer to that is the answer to a bigger question? whats swan brought it for??????? and before you all guess i know

Whats Swan bought the club for you mean?
As in how much... or as in for what reason?
scratch
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  del boy on Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:06 pm

redditch born wrote:

The team has been put together on the cheap and it shows, for what reason??? I think the answer to that is the answer to a bigger question? whats swan brought it for??????? and before you all guess i know


Six months ago, the club was on the verge of extinction. Why...? ...the club was reaping what others had sowed. Maybe as little as five years ago, we had players earning £200, £300, £400, even £500 a week. And look where that liberal, reckless spending got us! What you call cheap, most others on here would call prudent.

I don't know what Mr. Swan bought the club for. By "brought" do you mean the reason or the amount? I'm guessing you mean the amount. I've got a fair idea of the amount that he paid. When a club / business is on its last legs, then a potential buyer has the advantage. So it's no wonder that Mr. Swan had a bargain when he took over. It's a take it or leave it scenario. Leave it and you'll get sweet FA.

Do I care that some previous directors probably lost money? Yes I do, for some at least. No doubt some put money into the club to clear off debts, pay bills, keep the club afloat etc. Others poured money in to 'chase the dream'. They gambled and they lost. Tough luck.


avatar
del boy
Blue Square North

Posts : 500
Join date : 2011-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum