Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  Leethall on Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:51 pm

Well we deserved nothing out of the game tonight IMO. Thought we looked like a side who had no idea of what we wanted to achieve in the 90 minutes. Baffling decisions from the start with Cameron Jones up front with some new bloke who I thought was average when we had Blenkinsopp and Joe Harris on the bench.

Hoofball tactics to the strikers who were both small chaps is baffling, no quality in the final 3rd and it shows big time and Swindon were comfortable and dangerous on the break. I see no change from the last home game I watched and we lack quality players at this level who can make things happen, the midfield is 1 dimensional, we have no quality wide players who can make things happen and run at full backs, take them on and put decent balls into the box. The defence looks OK but we have nothing when we go forward and I am afraid that this is going to be a long hard season unless we can recruit some quality in midfield and up front. We need to shell out for some proven Southern Prem experience.

Results in Evostick Southern Prem:

Tuesday 13 September 2011

Banbury United 1 - 2 Chesham United
Barwell 5 - 4 Brackley Town
Bashley 0 - 0 Chippenham Town
Cirencester Town 0 - 1 Weymouth
Evesham United 0 - 1 Stourbridge
Hemel Hempstead Town 1 - 1 Arlesey Town
Leamington 0 - 4 Bedford Town
Oxford City 2 - 0 Frome Town 120
Redditch United 0 - 1 Swindon Supermarine
St. Albans City 3 - 4 AFC Totton

Monday 12 September 2011

Hitchin Town 3 - 2 Cambridge City
avatar
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1845
Location : Village Branch
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:15 pm

Tonight was bad.

Trouble is I think it will take time for Hyde and Fenners to put together any sort of competitive side, albeit time we're short of.
There are no pre-season friendlies to trial new recruits, it's a case of preparing them during training and hoping they have immediate impact.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a few players being released after Saturday's and tonight's game, but I think this is what is needed in order to shift the deadwood. BUT we need quality replacements FAST!

I'd seriously be delighted with a mid table finish this season, and gradually build a stronger squad for next season.
As it stands, this division is too tough for us.
BUT....I have every faith in Hyde and Fenners to construct their own squad, worthy of competing comfortably in this league.

UTR



_________________
Have you heard?......
avatar
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Posts : 872
Location : Redditch
Join date : 2011-01-03

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  Captain Carlin on Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:44 pm

Bearing in mind SS were (and still are) below us in the league.

The 1st half was reasonable (seemed to pass by fairly quickly) and even AMG looked promising after a stinker at St Albans on Saturday where he looked totally disinterested ambling aimlessly up and down the pitch.

The second half was grim..... players or tactic's ....................or where SS that good?

I notice the crowd was 201, whilst SS aren't a big draw I wonder if this is the start of a decline in local interest?????????
avatar
Captain Carlin
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 119
Location : Pacific Ocean
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  ROWLY1971 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:55 pm

I know I did not see the game last night as I had a meetin, but judging by the 1st 3 match posts I missed very little of positive interest.
I wonder if the above posts will get slated for their negativity of 'clueless' 'hoofball' etc.

I am VERY aware before I cont that things MAY change for the better in coming weeks, so please dont shoot me down for being devils advocate but....... (hear me out)

Hoof ball. Losing games to sides below. Poor looking players. Releasing local players. Playing very poorly. Sitting quietly in the dugout during games.

Now if the only difference between the last manager and the present 1 is 1 sat quietly in the dug out during games, and the new 1 doesnt, what will the Chairman do?
Is jumping up and down and shouting at players from a technical area just reason to keep a manager when its the only thing seperating him from the reasons the last 1 was sacked?
If thats how Swan conducts his multi million pound businesses, so its good for Redditch, will he continue acting ruthless and sooner better than later?

These were my concerns raised in other posts that were just deemed 'negative'
Im fully aware as already stated things may upturn for Hyde.
Ive already stated prev posts this is not because I think Socket was Mr Right or Im his mate.

Does the club REALLY have the stability we read about and are lead to believe?
Does the club REALLY have realistic ambitions and goals?
Does the club/chairman/staff REALLY have the same compass as to where the clubs direction is?

Hyde likes to talk press a lot, as does Swan, Im interested in the press releases after the 1st 2 results of the powerful new partnership.

Final note: how long did Redders have to assemble a side (lots left before he took over remember) that tried to play well and at least showed ideas and commitment at a very difficult stage and situation to attract players?
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  porrohman on Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:53 am

Way Way to early to start judging the new management.180 minutes? Tut To resurrect a team form their lowest point on the pitch for years? ( Including 9-0 Boston, 5-0 Stourbridge in front of 87 ), blimey let the dust settle!!!
We started with a guy who was 6'3" up front Lee!...Where did the small guys up front come from? First half we actually did ok, the ball was on the deck more than previous games under Sockett, AMG actually got in to a position to deliver a good cross in a couple of times, Tommy ran the show in midfield. for a time and Will looked ( short of match fitness) quite solid. We just lack so much up front.
Second half was poor.I agree. I'd rather see Blenki up top than anyone I've seen so far. As I see it..
Keep...Deano, Alex, Tesfa, Will, Blenki, Tommy.
Jury is out, ..Brad,Joe Harris,AMG,Cameron Jones,Ager,Osbourne,Woody.
Get rid..Milligan.Heath.
Effectively we are right back to square one, we have to build a new team, due to the complete ineptitude of the previous mangement.
Rowly..You are on a losing wicket by trying to ascertain the difference between the previous management and this one. I'd answer every query with one word. Cirencester. I don't need to tell you any other reasons why he was sacked. Cirencester. As for Hydey talking to the press alot..he has a column in the paper. As requested by the fans, to keep us informed and to generate interest from the townsfolk. Surely that's a good thing?
Does the club have the stability? The Chairman has the guys he wants running the show.I'd suggest the hard core fans are happy too.It's way way to early to judge them so far.
Does it have realistic ambitions and goals? Ask Chris on Saturday at the forum. I know the answer. I'll let him tell you. My goal this year is to consolidate and build a team for the next season. Fenners and Hydey have started from ROCK BOTTOM thanks to the previous mangement( in terms of perfromance not league position). When you have been as low as we have thanks to Sockett.... FAIL
The only way is up. Cup
avatar
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  SID SNOT on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:32 am

We were absolutely terrible last night again. For a management team with so many 'contacts' in the game I thought we may have had a few new faces in last night, not the same bunch of players minus a few of the better ones (A.Robinson, Miley, Adams). Off the pitch we may have balanced the books etc, but on the pitch we are in dire straits. IMO only 2 perhaps 3 players are good enough for this level of football, Coleman, Hickman and maybe T.Robinson. With this in mind we need to assemble almost an entirely new squad ASAP else we will definately get relegated. Unfortunately Hyde and Fenemore haven't got the network to do this.
avatar
SID SNOT
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 65
Join date : 2011-01-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  Guest on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:42 am

porrohman wrote:Way Way to early to start judging the new management.180 minutes? Tut To resurrect a team form their lowest point on the pitch for years? ( Including 9-0 Boston, 5-0 Stourbridge in front of 87 ), blimey let the dust settle!!!
We started with a guy who was 6'3" up front Lee!...Where did the small guys up front come from? First half we actually did ok, the ball was on the deck more than previous games under Sockett, AMG actually got in to a position to deliver a good cross in a couple of times, Tommy ran the show in midfield. for a time and Will looked ( short of match fitness) quite solid. We just lack so much up front.
Second half was poor.I agree. I'd rather see Blenki up top than anyone I've seen so far. As I see it..
Keep...Deano, Alex, Tesfa, Will, Blenki, Tommy.
Jury is out, ..Brad,Joe Harris,AMG,Cameron Jones,Ager,Osbourne,Woody.
Get rid..Milligan.Heath.
Effectively we are right back to square one, we have to build a new team, due to the complete ineptitude of the previous mangement.
Rowly..You are on a losing wicket by trying to ascertain the difference between the previous management and this one. I'd answer every query with one word. Cirencester. I don't need to tell you any other reasons why he was sacked. Cirencester. As for Hydey talking to the press alot..he has a column in the paper. As requested by the fans, to keep us informed and to generate interest from the townsfolk. Surely that's a good thing?
Does the club have the stability? The Chairman has the guys he wants running the show.I'd suggest the hard core fans are happy too.It's way way to early to judge them so far.
Does it have realistic ambitions and goals? Ask Chris on Saturday at the forum. I know the answer. I'll let him tell you. My goal this year is to consolidate and build a team for the next season. Fenners and Hydey have started from ROCK BOTTOM thanks to the previous mangement( in terms of perfromance not league position). When you have been as low as we have thanks to Sockett.... FAIL
The only way is up. Cup
very well put, I doubt we will see a game like Cirencester again ( at least I hope not). First Half I felt was a better performance as in we seem to be going in the right direction, there are still positions needed to be filled and this may explain the second half. As above its too early to start judging as it is virtually a re-build, what I can see is there is more of a positive vibe in the Team than there was two/three weeks ago. Cup

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  porrohman on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:50 am

'Hyde and Fenemore haven't got the network to do this.'

From asking what Fenemore has done in the game one post, you have now reached the conclusion he hasn't the network to get new players in. You must have had one bloody good answer to your question. Two games in charge and you think we should be playing like Brazil. We are in dire straits. Ask yourself why? WHO left us in dire straits?
Totally agree we have few players good enough..you name three..I've named a couple more. In 3 games time I bet the side is unrecognisable from the team Hinge and Bracket left us with. It's inconceivable to me that after two games people are questioning the ability of the mangement team to get players in.
Ask the question at the forum on Saturday what's being done to get new players in.
avatar
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  Mrs Moor on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:38 am

porrohman wrote: Ask yourself why? WHO left us in dire straits?

Well that would be the Chairman Head against wall

Hardly dire straits when Sockett & Smith were removed a win at Banbury would have had both sides more or less level pegging, the gap looks a lot bigger now.

I can't believe some people honestly think shouting in the technical area will make for a winning formula.

The one constant in the last three appointments has been the "Hyde factor" so far he has had two games in his own right and lost them both, the previous management team were only allowed seven games. If Hyde only manages a couple of wins in the next five fixtures should he too be shown the door or will his ability to shout from the technical area save the day.

The people rejoicing over the removal of Socket & Smith should be ashamed, the problem is that the club is in decline and local interest is in decline, stability should be the order of the day.

Not one person has addressed the pressure Sockett & Smith were under from above with "Hyde & Fenemore" hovering in the wings with a more than critical eye. The set up was doomed from the onset because in reality the club under it's current financial constraint did not really need a "Hyde & Fenemore" in the wings.

It now looks a clever move allowing Sockett & Smith to bring in players and form a side (whatever your opinion on that side) something "Hyde & Fenemore" would have struggled to do in the time allowed.

One thing is certain both Sockett & Smith wanted to do well and should have been given longer than seven games, my own club has lost their opening seven games but have shown a little bit more restraint and given the Manager a chance (well up to now anyway) it will be interesting to see who does what in the coming months.

After two losses on the bounce coupled with two poor performances and a much smaller address book one wonders what the future holds, for me it would have looked a lot brighter under Sockett & Smith but perhaps it's a case of he who shouts loudest.


Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 328
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  porrohman on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:00 am

Love it when people who don't attend the games and support other teams come on here chirping.
I'm delighted Hydey and Fenners are in charge. I think the majority of fans are.They will be here a long time. Great news.I'm over the moon Sockett has gone. I think our Chairman is ace.Our clubhouse is wonderful.It's only 50p for a game of pool. The chips are superb too. Our club shop is awesome. When we get real ale behind the bar I think I might move in.Thanks for showing so much interest on the goings on at The Valley. My mate who wasn't coming again after the Cirencester game is coming on Saturday now Sockett gone. It's great to be a Redditch fan! Happy days .... Beer Cheers
avatar
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  Leethall on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:58 am

porrohman wrote:We started with a guy who was 6'3" up front Lee!...Where did the small guys up front come from? First half we actually did ok, the ball was on the deck more than previous games under Sockett,

Aide, sorry but Jones was up front with Tommy (whatever his name was) and there is no way either of those 2 were 6'3" mate. In fact that Tommy I thought was shocking and how he started ahead of Harris I will never know.

Ok it may have been better than Cirencester but it was still poor. I hope they improve quickly otherwise it is a relegation battle. There is no plan when going forward, we have nothing to hurt teams, Warmer did OK but he has not got any goals in him and the quality to provide to forwards. It is to easy for teams to work out what Redditch are going to do and adjust accordingly as we have no plan b when things are going against us. Hopefully this can be changed quickly.

Robbie Ager was a sitting duck being played at Left Back, the goal came from a mistake by him and another 3 or 4 occasions in the 2nd half he was targetted as they could see he is all right footed and not a left back. We would have been better going 3 at the back for the last 3rd of the game and using him as a wing back.
avatar
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1845
Location : Village Branch
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  Leethall on Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:02 am

Mrs Moor wrote:
porrohman wrote: Ask yourself why? WHO left us in dire straits?

Well that would be the Chairman Head against wall

Hardly dire straits when Sockett & Smith were removed a win at Banbury would have had both sides more or less level pegging, the gap looks a lot bigger now.

I can't believe some people honestly think shouting in the technical area will make for a winning formula.

The one constant in the last three appointments has been the "Hyde factor" so far he has had two games in his own right and lost them both, the previous management team were only allowed seven games. If Hyde only manages a couple of wins in the next five fixtures should he too be shown the door or will his ability to shout from the technical area save the day.

The people rejoicing over the removal of Socket & Smith should be ashamed, the problem is that the club is in decline and local interest is in decline, stability should be the order of the day.

Not one person has addressed the pressure Sockett & Smith were under from above with "Hyde & Fenemore" hovering in the wings with a more than critical eye. The set up was doomed from the onset because in reality the club under it's current financial constraint did not really need a "Hyde & Fenemore" in the wings.

It now looks a clever move allowing Sockett & Smith to bring in players and form a side (whatever your opinion on that side) something "Hyde & Fenemore" would have struggled to do in the time allowed.

One thing is certain both Sockett & Smith wanted to do well and should have been given longer than seven games, my own club has lost their opening seven games but have shown a little bit more restraint and given the Manager a chance (well up to now anyway) it will be interesting to see who does what in the coming months.

After two losses on the bounce coupled with two poor performances and a much smaller address book one wonders what the future holds, for me it would have looked a lot brighter under Sockett & Smith but perhaps it's a case of he who shouts loudest.


Stick to cleaning Mrs Fishing

Sockett and Smith were the wrong appointments, all would be a lot better if they had not been apponted but that is history. Sockett & Smith = FAIL .

Fenners & Hyde, let us wait and see Senile
avatar
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1845
Location : Village Branch
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  Mrs Moor on Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:33 am

porrohman wrote:Love it when people who don't attend the games and support other teams come on here chirping.

I have attended games ............

But you are right i do support another team.

I was not Chirping just offering an opinion and if you and your mate are happy that the chip's are better than the team then who am i to argue.

Played two, lost two, it's good job the pool is only 50p.





Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 328
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  del boy on Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:58 am

The chips are good. I had some cheesy chips last night, fantastic!!!


As for the game, I didn’t think the first half was too bad. We seemed quite lively and there was a good tempo to the game. Most pleasing was that we tried to play a bit of football and not just hoof. Tommy Warmer and Cameron Jones both stood out for me. In the second half, we kind of lost our way. Swindon were the better team and thoroughly deserved their win, albeit through a rather soft, sloppy goal.

You only have to look at the league table to see our biggest problem. We are the joint lowest goal scorers in the division with six. During the Cirencester and St Albans games, we only managed a single effort on goal in each game. We need someone who can trouble the goalkeeper. There are decent strikers out there but they cost money.

The truth is that we now facing the reality of a self sustainable club on a tight playing budget. I know that not everyone agrees with me on how important the budget is. While it is not the be all and end all, we are going to struggle to attract the best available players when they can get double / triple or even quadruple the money elsewhere. And gate receipts are only going to drop off because people won’t pay to watch a poor, struggling team. If crowds drop below the 250 mark, then we could face a budget cut.

If that is what is sustainable then that is perfectly acceptable. But Mr. Swan and Hyde should never again mention the playoffs or a promotion challenge. That simply raises peoples expectations and leaves them disappointed when the team falls way short.

The realistic aim for this season is to avoid relegation.
avatar
del boy
Blue Square North

Posts : 500
Join date : 2011-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  rawlings09 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:20 am

It's the Chairmans fault for us being in dire straits?

Who let you out of the Kitchen? Fishing

It's the Chairman fault we're still here, it's the Chairmans fault we got rid of Sooty and Sweep, rightly so.

We can't blame the chairman for anything else.

It'll take time... Sooty and Sweep had 17 games... 10 preseason and 7 league in which to sort his team out and even when the season arrived, he didn't know his starting 11.

The new guys are left with what he brought in, Hence why they're not at the grade they should be!

We'll be alright Very Happy
avatar
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1139
Location : Nowhere near Blyth
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  J.Rawlings22 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:47 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:
porrohman wrote:Love it when people who don't attend the games and support other teams come on here chirping.

I have attended games ............

But you are right i do support another team.

I was not Chirping just offering an opinion and if you and your mate are happy that the chip's are better than the team then who am i to argue.

Played two, lost two, it's good job the pool is only 50p.




yes, she has been attending the games, she's been helping dave ralph by washing and ironing the kit Fishing
avatar
J.Rawlings22
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 129
Location : somewhere between here and there
Join date : 2011-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  redditch born on Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:56 pm

Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post Leethall Yesterday at 10:51 pm
Well we deserved nothing out of the game tonight IMO. Thought we looked like a side who had no idea of what we wanted to achieve in the 90 minutes. Baffling decisions from the start with Cameron Jones up front with some new bloke who I thought was average when we had Blenkinsopp and Joe Harris on the bench.

Hoofball tactics to the strikers who were both small chaps is baffling, no quality in the final 3rd and it shows big time and Swindon were comfortable and dangerous on the break. I see no change from the last home game I watched and we lack quality players at this level who can make things happen, the midfield is 1 dimensional, we have no quality wide players who can make things happen and run at full backs, take them on and put decent balls into the box. The defence looks OK but we have nothing when we go forward and I am afraid that this is going to be a long hard season unless we can recruit some quality in midfield and up front. We need to shell out for some proven Southern Prem experience.


Who like? Hands & Fitter??????
avatar
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 250
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  ROWLY1971 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:22 pm

del boy wrote: But Mr. Swan and Hyde should never again mention the playoffs or a promotion challenge. That simply raises peoples expectations and leaves them disappointed when the team falls way short.

Only raises expectations Del if guilable enough to believe what you read instead of what you see. Did you really believe that Swan Spin!!!! affraid

How many years before he makes Redditch a football league side? Dont make me laugh Clown!! A big bag of money might be able to conquer many things in the business world, but this isnt the business world, its non league football at Redditch so wake up and smell the coffee and grab a reality check!

Away from Swan to finish with.....did Hyde play Ager at LEFT BACK last night I read? Please tell me this was a wind up!!!!! Head against wall
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  ROWLY1971 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:33 pm

porrohman wrote:Rowly..You are on a losing wicket by trying to ascertain the difference between the previous management and this one.

Are you trying purposely to miss the point of the majority of my posts or do you want me to type slower?

My point is/was the chairmans reasonings.
Firstly his obvious awful interview technique and appointing success rate. Ive never said Socket was the right man for Redditch. SWAN DID! Then very quickly he CHANGED HIS MIND!
He gave reasons for the sacking, and then blatantly allows his next appointment to do THE SAME!

Stop thinking Im a Socketette or want my mate Smith re-installed!

avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  del boy on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:49 pm

Don't feed the trolls!!!! The sooner we all ignore them, the sooner they'll all get bored.
avatar
del boy
Blue Square North

Posts : 500
Join date : 2011-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  porrohman on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:15 pm

You know when you played old 45's and sometimes the record got stuck and repeated the same lines again and again and again....... Sleep
avatar
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  Leethall on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:37 pm

redditch born wrote:Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post Leethall Yesterday at 10:51 pm
Well we deserved nothing out of the game tonight IMO. Thought we looked like a side who had no idea of what we wanted to achieve in the 90 minutes. Baffling decisions from the start with Cameron Jones up front with some new bloke who I thought was average when we had Blenkinsopp and Joe Harris on the bench.

Hoofball tactics to the strikers who were both small chaps is baffling, no quality in the final 3rd and it shows big time and Swindon were comfortable and dangerous on the break. I see no change from the last home game I watched and we lack quality players at this level who can make things happen, the midfield is 1 dimensional, we have no quality wide players who can make things happen and run at full backs, take them on and put decent balls into the box. The defence looks OK but we have nothing when we go forward and I am afraid that this is going to be a long hard season unless we can recruit some quality in midfield and up front. We need to shell out for some proven Southern Prem experience.


Who like? Hands & Fitter??????

I am not the manager but proven Premier League experience is players who have played at this level and are quality. Whether you put those 2 players into the mix depends on if you think they are good enough..... That is for Fenners & Hyde to decide. My opinion is that we are short of some quality
avatar
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1845
Location : Village Branch
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  Mrs Moor on Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:34 pm

Leethall wrote:
I am not the manager but proven Premier League experience is players who have played at this level and are quality. Whether you put those 2 players into the mix depends on if you think they are good enough..... That is for Fenners & Hyde to decide. My opinion is that we are short of some quality

We have just signed Pavel Tomszak from Coventry Sphinx and sent him over to you on loan, not sure if he's cup tied from Sphinx but he's been scoring in the Alliance.

A good young prospect but not the experience you need at the moment, mind you with a small budget and an ever smaller contact book beggers can't be choosers i suppose.

Oh well back to the ironing ............... Very Happy


Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 328
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  Bob Marley on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:06 pm

Mrs Moor.
I find it highly amusing you commenting on this forum about all things RUFC...take a look in your own back yard 1st.
After the sad loss of Uncle Bob, your own team didn't do too well at the end of last season, did they?
And after the loss of Matty Smith this season? well, enough said.
Go and play up your own end son.

Rowly.
Again, if you are after respect on this forum, please speak facts and stop trolling with rumour and gossip.
I have personally spoke to Mr Swan on many, many occasions and not once has he said that he wants/thinks Redditch will one day be a football league side.
I personally find your description of Mr Swan as a 'clown' and 'circus ringmaster' highly offensive...You may not agree with every decision Mr Swan makes, but to use this kind of language shows a distinct lack of respect and maturity.
On another note, call Adams Jnr and ask the real reason he was released from the Reds?

avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  ROWLY1971 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:10 pm

Bob Marley wrote:Rowly.
Again, if you are after respect on this forum, please speak facts and stop trolling with rumour and gossip.
I have personally spoke to Mr Swan on many, many occasions and not once has he said that he wants/thinks Redditch will one day be a football league side.
I personally find your description of Mr Swan as a 'clown' and 'circus ringmaster' highly offensive...You may not agree with every decision Mr Swan makes, but to use this kind of language shows a distinct lack of respect and maturity.
On another note, call Adams Jnr and ask the real reason he was released from the Reds?


Trolling with rumours and gosip, such as?

If I find a man who with such an array of top applicants to chose from, pick a manager to lead his brand new expensive adventure into a brand new era, only for him to sack him after 7 league games laughable I will liken him to a clown. If I find a man rolling into a town he has no affinity to, splashing his money for all to see and telling everybody how great he will make the football club ring master like I will say so.

You think Im a troll and say so. Others have thought Im a sh*t stirring prick have said so, can I not do the same....or is it 1 rule for Swan and all under his spell...and 1 rule for te others?

Do you know Joe Adams do you? I do, and his Dad very well. Lee played for the club if you remember, and his Dad John managed them too, so Joe was 3rd generation to be at the club which I also know made his family proud. I spoke with Lee on the Monday and he told me the Facts about Joe being released. I got accused of bull shitting the post. Afraid I wasnt. I also mentioned the trip Joe had been on to Newcastle last weekend in the post, so not to make it 1 sided and to give all the FACTS. The trip had been arranged and planned in March last year. Fact.
I see it says in the paper the reason for the release of Joe Adams at being not available for the game the weekend (explained) and interest from another club!!! Does that mean any player gaining interest from another club will be released? Does that mean any player unavailable for a game will be released? If so I hope Fenners book of contacts is considerably larger than Im led to believe.

On another note, I dont see why Mrs Moors is taking a knocking either. She/He has come on and voiced not only an opinion, but gave reasons for them AND likened them to Her/His own club for good reasons and bad reasons. She/He though has been treated with the immaturity you speak of, by name calling and childish 'play round your own end' remarks. Do any travelling Reds fans talk to the supporters of other teams in the bar or during the game ever, or do they all have the same mentality that if youre not a Reds fan you cant talk football about the Reds? It looks like She/He watch their team without the rose tinted glasses other non league fans do, and this is NOT trolling or FACT, just an opinion.
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum