It really p**ses me off

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It really p**ses me off

Post  in2thevalley on Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:07 pm

I tell you what! Some of the things that I have read have really p***ed me off, people are so negative with their views . WELL DONE!! You must be so proud of yourselves!!!!. The Chairman made his decision for the best interests of the club. IMO I think he has made the right decision. When we played we were poor, playing a high hoof ball up a tiny centre forward and continued with this tactic,regardless of the outcome and had no plan B. The previous management had no idea what their best starting 11 was! never communicated with fans, players, coaches etc( and that doesen't mean I,m taking sides) before anyone jumps down my throat!!!!

The performance against Circenster was without doubt the worst performance I have seen at the Valley for many a year and the management team should take full responsibility!!! for such an inept performance! And they paid the price.

All I am saying now is

we should all get behind the team and be positive rather being so negative as some people are!!!

Some people are never happy!!
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It really p**ses me off

Post  mattim on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:27 pm

Completely agree with Into The Valley, this is all now water under the bridge and whether you agree with the decision to get rid of the previous management (as it would appear most do) or whether you don't, (like Rowly1971, who appears to be Martin Sockett's best mate) the simple fact is we all now need to pull together.

Something that a few people still haven't got to grips with is that 6 months ago there wasn't a club to support let alone criticize !

I can't help but think that expectations are a little high in some quarters and all of a sudden people think we should be challenging for promotion and beating every team we face.

There can be no doubt that the last couple of games have been a big disappointment but it will take time for the new management team to get sorted and we will have to learn to be patient.

At the start of the season my personal view was that;

a; I was bl**dy glad to have a team to support.
b; I hope we can stay in this league.
c; I hope we can get the average crowd up to the 300 mark.
d; I don't ever want a season like the last one.

Yes we need to improve on the pitch and get some better results (massive steps forward off the pitch so far) but I see no reason why my admittedly limited aims should not be achieved, but, here's the thing - IT'S GOING TO TAKE TIME.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:31 pm

Big Prize for the 1st person to Quote a post of mine saying I think Socket should still be manager!!!
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:47 pm

ROWLY1971 wrote:Big Prize for the 1st person to Quote a post of mine saying I think Socket should still be manager!!!

Kev...what's disappointing is that we all know you're mucca's with Smithy and all of a sudden you start posting on this forum as if you know everything RUFC.

Fact was that under Sockett and Smith, the team played poorly and continued hoof ball...might be successful at Alvechurch, Pilkintons etc but not what we want at the Valley.

Leave the man to do the job he bought the right to do.

Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:30 am

LOL BOB,firstly I never have and never would claim to know all that is RUFC.
I assure you any long ball down at the Reds this season would not of been put in place by Smith, when we were together at Pilkington, Cadburys and Church, long ball was never our philosophy.
I also assure you that Smith being sacked as Sockets assistant has not given me a vendetta to my home town club, nor the man who sacked him, Ive posted before Im glad he is out of it to be honest.
Im sorry Bob.

I think Swan should be given keys to the town!
I believe everything he says as its all true!
I think Hyde is amazing and will turn the club around!

Lets all agree and have a dull forum

Im not here for trouble.... but im not here to conform with any mass opinion there may or may not be and shut up if my opinion differs.
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:41 am

No-one is asking for 'yes men' on this forum.....members of TRUST can vouch for that when we were building our Plan B!!

But we do appreciate healthy debate based on facts and not rumour and hearsay....Mr Churchill said 'loose lips cost lives'.

I am not saying all things Swan are covered in gold, but in 6 very short months:

1. The club has been saved
2. All debts have been paid (the 1st time in many years)
3. The clubhouse & ground look better than ever
4. The squad is rebuilding based on correct budget control

The club has been through a traumatic times in recent years and I for one think that Chris, Sallie, Fenners, Hydey & all the backroom staff have done a wonderful job and I trust in them to build a successful team on the pitch to match the improving success off it.
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:40 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:I assure you any long ball down at the Reds this season would not of been put in place by Smith,.

And it surely couldn't have been the former ex premier league football player... therefore, i blame Sockett.
smug

A manager that doesn't speak AND has his team play hoofball... He should never have left Rugby Town.
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:27 am

rawlings09 wrote:
ROWLY1971 wrote:I assure you any long ball down at the Reds this season would not of been put in place by Smith,.

And it surely couldn't have been the former ex premier league football player... therefore, i blame Sockett.
smug

A manager that doesn't speak AND has his team play hoofball... He should never have left Rugby Town.

Rawlings, I get the impression you think Im a Socket fan and upset at his sacking. WRONG.
My only point about Socket is IF he is a non communicating long ball playing kind of manager.... WHY THE HELL DID SWAN APPOINT HIM IN THE 1ST PLACE!!
Answers please, starting with Rawlings......
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:40 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:
Rawlings, I get the impression you think Im a Socket fan and upset at his sacking. WRONG.
My only point about Socket is IF he is a non communicating long ball playing kind of manager.... WHY THE HELL DID SWAN APPOINT HIM IN THE 1ST PLACE!!

You're not a Sockett fan? Hmm i may retract my comment calling you a prick then.

My answer would be he saw Sockett guide Rugby Town to 6th in the leaue, he may have though "oh my, this man has got a team that high up the table on what might be a smallish budget" Bad teams don't finish 6th... unless the league consists of 6 teams.

I think he saw the success of rugby town and wanted it.
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:51 am

rawlings09 wrote:
ROWLY1971 wrote:

You're not a Sockett fan? Hmm i may retract my comment calling you a prick then.

My answer would be he saw Sockett guide Rugby Town to 6th in the leaue, he may have though "oh my, this man has got a team that high up the table on what might be a smallish budget" Bad teams don't finish 6th... unless the league consists of 6 teams.

I think he saw the success of rugby town and wanted it.

Call me what you want, dont matter to me.
Cosidering there were SO many applications of SUCH a high standard, I find your possible suggestion of how the RIGHT MAN was finally chosen somewhat slapstick. affraid
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:59 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:
Call me what you want, dont matter to me.
Cosidering there were SO many applications of SUCH a high standard, I find your possible suggestion of how the RIGHT MAN was finally chosen somewhat slapstick. affraid

I don't know who the good managers are, but Sockett would have seemed like a good candidate to me... probably why i wouldn't make a good manager..

Here's a question, Who would YOU choose, Sockett + Smith, or Fenners and Hyde. And why?

And you can't just say Smith because he's your friend Wink
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead on Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:37 pm

in2thevalley wrote:I tell you what! Some of the things that I have read have really p***ed me off, people are so negative with their views . WELL DONE!! You must be so proud of yourselves!!!!. The Chairman made his decision for the best interests of the club. IMO I think he has made the right decision. When we played we were poor, playing a high hoof ball up a tiny centre forward and continued with this tactic,regardless of the outcome and had no plan B. The previous management had no idea what their best starting 11 was! never communicated with fans, players, coaches etc( and that doesen't mean I,m taking sides) before anyone jumps down my throat!!!!

The performance against Circenster was without doubt the worst performance I have seen at the Valley for many a year and the management team should take full responsibility!!! for such an inept performance! And they paid the price.

All I am saying now is

we should all get behind the team and be positive rather being so negative as some people are!!!

Some people are never happy!!

Why is it that when someone disagrees with a post which is critical of the club they label it as "negative?" Surely everyone has the right to express their opinions whether you concur with it or not? Over recent years many of those who regularly post on here have made comments about the club and those running it which could be described as negative by some. One said they "underwhelmed" when Martin Sockett was appointed! So are users of this forum only allowed to be critical of the club when the majority agree with it? ROWLY1971 has expressed an opinion which you may think is right or wrong but I've read far more "negative" comments (which I agreed with at the time of the proposed merger) from people who are attacking him now. Is this why this forum was set up to replace the old one? To keep everyone "on message?"

There is no doubting everything that Chris Swan has done for the club or that the club mat not be here without his intervention. This does not mean that people cannot criticise any decisions he makes. This would be a very dangerous situation to be in. I remember When Tom Herbert took over from the Banners at Bromsgrove and was hailed a messiah. Anyone questioning his decisions were quickly shouted down with "we wouldn't have a club if it wasn't for Tom." Well we all know how that panned out. A club where any form of dissention was quickly extinguished and a club that ultimately imploded. I am not comparing Chris Swan with Tom Herbert in any way but just illustrating that healthy debate is a good thing.

Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:54 pm

Opinions are only negative to those who disagree with them.

When someone disagrees with the opinion of someone else, then that is also their opinion, and their prerogative to express that.

I do agree with Bonehead to an extent, that a lot of things said on this forum are immediately branded as NEGATIVE.
Branding an opinion as 'negative' is like saying "Your opinion is wrong!", but failing to back up their views on WHY they think it is wrong.

To be fair to in2thevalley, he did say WHY he disagrees with the comments on other threads.

If you read something that you disagree with, then either ignore it OR express your own conflicting opinion. This is how solutions are made.

Admin

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:05 pm

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:Opinions are only negative to those who disagree with them.

When someone disagrees with the opinion of someone else, then that is also their opinion, and their prerogative to express that.

I do agree with Bonehead to an extent, that a lot of things said on this forum are immediately branded as NEGATIVE.
Branding an opinion as 'negative' is like saying "Your opinion is wrong!", but failing to back up their views on WHY they think it is wrong.

To be fair to in2thevalley, he did say WHY he disagrees with the comments on other threads.

If you read something that you disagree with, then either ignore it OR express your own conflicting opinion. This is how solutions are made.

CHEERS ANDY, i have never shyed away from making comments on what i see, and i take note of what other people say and if i agree with them or disagree, then i will make my comment. WHAT I do OBJECT TO is personal attacks on individuals by people who hide behind various names. Cant see the point myself. However! we live in a country which is democratic.
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead on Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:45 pm

in2thevalley wrote:
Redditchbluenose86 wrote:Opinions are only negative to those who disagree with them.

CHEERS ANDY, i have never shyed away from making comments on what i see, and i take note of what other people say and if i agree with them or disagree, then i will make my comment. WHAT I do OBJECT TO is personal attacks on individuals by people who hide behind various names. Cant see the point myself. However! we live in a country which is democratic.

So you would condemn anyone calling someone on here a "sh*t stirring prick" I assume?
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead on Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:57 am

Did you not want to answer the question I posed you in2thevalley?
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:33 am

Mr Bonehead wrote:Did you not want to answer the question I posed you in2thevalley?

Oh yes I will answer your question. I have spoken to Rawlings 09 at length about his views and opinions, I expressed my concerns on personal insults, which i find petty and counter productive, but what i see is someone who is very very passionate about the club and will continue to be.
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SID SNOT on Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:29 pm

in2thevalley wrote:WHAT I do OBJECT TO is personal attacks on individuals

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, it can't have been you that I saw then last season at Solihull move from behind the goal to the side of the ground with our new Head of Security in order to continually call the linesman a 'cheating C word' throughout the second half. And also in that case it definately won't have been rawlings09 sprinting to the front of the Ceder Road during a home game last season and whilst using a barrage of industrial language with children and old people in close proximity attempt to 'offer out' our opposition centre half.

SID SNOT
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman on Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:42 pm

I feel an apology coming on....
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:55 am

SID SNOT wrote:
in2thevalley wrote:WHAT I do OBJECT TO is personal attacks on individuals

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, it can't have been you that I saw then last season at Solihull move from behind the goal to the side of the ground with our new Head of Security in order to continually call the linesman a 'cheating C word' throughout the second half. And also in that case it definately won't have been rawlings09 sprinting to the front of the Ceder Road during a home game last season and whilst using a barrage of industrial language with children and old people in close proximity attempt to 'offer out' our opposition centre half.

I believe we debated this before, your facts were wrong then and they are now, No it was not in2thevalley you saw at solihull Embarassed I am not head of Security(wrong jeff) Embarassed and no it was not rawlings09 in the incident you refer to on the cedar Embarassed Yes I help with stewarding on match days among my other match day jobs, the reason is we have less volunteers this season. I volunteered to do this and feel that just because I was a fan before with passion does not qualify me as some sort of hypocrite, your statement also suggests that young children and "old* people" (*some people take offence to being called old!) do not swear at the game. Again this is not true and whilst some people feel swearing at a game is bad it will always happen, where possible and with in reason the club tries to moderate any serious language and ALL racist comments are not tolerated . to do otherwise would mean escorting most players and fans from both teams out of the stadium during play!!! I have no issue with your self appointed position in the moral police but please make sure you are talking about the right incident and the right people and acknowledge that it is also people that you don't mention because you cant name and shame them here.

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman on Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:38 am

It's posts like Sid Snots that make some forums an absolute joke, with accusations being traded all over the place, and no constructive football related topic.Dragging something out from months ago, which had already been discussed, which is totally factually incorrect as Jeff has posted. As difficult it is for me to believe in a couple of weeks since they appeared I actually look forward to Mrs Moor's Sleep and even Rowly's Nutter posts now....I agree with less than 1%( at the minute) but they come back with their views so the debate can continue.
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:48 am

SID SNOT wrote:And also in that case it definately won't have been rawlings09 sprinting to the front of the Ceder Road during a home game last season and whilst using a barrage of industrial language with children and old people in close proximity attempt to 'offer out' our opposition centre half.

Hang on... if you're going to accuse people then get it right!! Stupid... What do they call people that blame and accuse random people of things? I'm sure there's a word for people like that?

I had nothing to do with that incident that you've decided to blame me for and i'm baffled to think you've blamed me? I'm nowhere near perfect...but i'd never do that.

And in a previous post, i'm sure i saw you state that you didn't stand on the Cedar Road? Suspect

rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  SID SNOT on Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:53 am

I am so sorry guys, it seems as though I have got it totally wrong. I was sure that rawlings09 and intothevalley ran the club shop, and RedJeff was the security guy, and was sure it was those individuals involved in the incidents sited. And it all adds up now because RedJeff took huge offence to the 'hang out the back of her' remark so there is no way he would use the c word, and intothethevalley has made it very clear what he thought about personal insults, so why on earth would he abuse a linesman?.........................They must have been look a likes or I dreamt it.

Keep up the good work chaps, and although Porrohman feels that my posts are spoiling the forum, I will try and contribute if and when I can with posts that;

1. Call anyone who says anything against the club, the chairman, the players, ground etc a pr1ck or a troll
2. Tell anyone who isn't happy with any aspect of the club to do it themsleves
3. Bang on about how much I love the club and how I would still be watching when we are playing Sunday League
4. Be really patronising to any new poster because they won't know anywhere as much as me

And it goes without saying that my posts will be full of hilarious emoticons of banana's f***ing each other. Banana sex Banana sex Banana sex Banana sex Banana sex Banana sex Banana sex Banana sex Banana sex Banana sex Banana sex
SID SNOT
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Slight Breeze on Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:38 am

What in the name of ar$e is going on with you guys?

I'm currently looking at the fixture list to try and sort a visit to watch Redditch (home or away) but looking over recent threads I really don't know why I should make the effort.

Sort it out lads.

Just a little "troll" from someone that watched RUFC, home and away for many a year...and continued to make the effort to catch a few games every year since leaving the area, despite living a 240 mile round trip away from the Valley.

You guys are lucky...I watch Welsh Prem!

Take a chill pill and get behind the team.

That is all. I thank you!
The Slight Breeze
Sunday League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:25 am

The Slight Breeze wrote:What in the name of ar$e is going on with you guys?

I'm currently looking at the fixture list to try and sort a visit to watch Redditch (home or away) but looking over recent threads I really don't know why I should make the effort.

Sort it out lads.

Just a little "troll" from someone that watched RUFC, home and away for many a year...and continued to make the effort to catch a few games every year since leaving the area, despite living a 240 mile round trip away from the Valley.

You guys are lucky...I watch Welsh Prem!

Take a chill pill and get behind the team.

That is all. I thank you!

Well said Breezy.

There are no rules to this forum other than no racism or posting of personal information (ie addresses/phone numbers of other people).
It is a portal for debate, whatever your opinion.

So what if there are 'trolls' or people with different opinions, don't bite or counter the comment with your own view! We're all adults here.

The forum would be a pretty boring place without arguements.

We'll all see who's right and who's wrong in weeks to come - whoever that may be!

Admin

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum