POLICY OR B/S?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

POLICY OR B/S?

Post  ROWLY1971 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:31 am

I find this a bit strange.
Swan went to press pointing a major factor in releasing Socket, was local lads Fitter and Hands going. He wanted, no needed, the club to keep good local talent as this was an important ingredient to the clubs direction.
This was last Monday.
A week later, and new manager Hyde releases talented, local, Joe Adams!
Adams hasnt gone to another club who were willing to almost double his money like Fitter.
Adams hasnt gone to another club to get games and fitness like Hands did to Studley.
Adams has been asked to return his training gear, end of.

Joe wasnt available for Hydes 1st defeat in charge, he was away for the weekend, arranged and paid for last March.
On his return today he has contacted Hyde asking about the arrangements, but was released.
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: POLICY OR B/S?

Post  Leethall on Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:15 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:I find this a bit strange.
Swan went to press pointing a major factor in releasing Socket, was local lads Fitter and Hands going. He wanted, no needed, the club to keep good local talent as this was an important ingredient to the clubs direction.
This was last Monday.
A week later, and new manager Hyde releases talented, local, Joe Adams!
Adams hasnt gone to another club who were willing to almost double his money like Fitter.
Adams hasnt gone to another club to get games and fitness like Hands did to Studley.
Adams has been asked to return his training gear, end of.

Joe wasnt available for Hydes 1st defeat in charge, he was away for the weekend, arranged and paid for last March.
On his return today he has contacted Hyde asking about the arrangements, but was released.

I find this totally wrong............................................ In fact absolute amateur village
avatar
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1845
Location : Village Branch
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: POLICY OR B/S?

Post  rawlings09 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:25 am

I find this a bit strange, how you say you have no axe to grind, yet you make an appearance on this forum a short while after Sockett and Smith were sacked, and have done nothing but question Hyde's and Fenners' appointment.

Now i don't think you care much for Redditch United, where were you last week discussing the Cirencester game? You've shown no intrest since your buddy was sacked.

Every post you've posted has been a little stab at Chris or Hydey or fenners or the club. Okay, they've released 1 player... Sockett released 2 of the better players. Even the lad, Bullimore, that has been with the club since he was 14.

Sockett and Smith were useless, Rowly, that's my opinion. Any manager that doesn't communicate wouldn't last, surely you know that?

And surely you should know that there's 2 sides to the story with every player... so your argument about Joe Adams seems one sided.

You have your opinions, i have mine, and to mine is you seem like a sh*t stirring prick whos a little annoyed that his friend and someones he's been assistant manager to has been released for being sh*t.

Personally i think your post is bullshit Smile thankyou for your time.

By the way.. how many local talented players did your friends bring in? When already we have a lad from the under 21's experiencing first team football. Rant
avatar
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1139
Location : Nowhere near Blyth
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: POLICY OR B/S?

Post  ROWLY1971 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:57 am

rawlings09 wrote:I find this a bit strange, how you say you have no axe to grind, yet you make an appearance on this forum a short while after Sockett and Smith were sacked, and have done nothing but question Hyde's and Fenners' appointment.

Now i don't think you care much for Redditch United, where were you last week discussing the Cirencester game? You've shown no intrest since your buddy was sacked.

Every post you've posted has been a little stab at Chris or Hydey or fenners or the club. Okay, they've released 1 player... Sockett released 2 of the better players. Even the lad, Bullimore, that has been with the club since he was 14.

Sockett and Smith were useless, Rowly, that's my opinion. Any manager that doesn't communicate wouldn't last, surely you know that?

And surely you should know that there's 2 sides to the story with every player... so your argument about Joe Adams seems one sided.

You have your opinions, i have mine, and to mine is you seem like a sh*t stirring prick whos a little annoyed that his friend and someones he's been assistant manager to has been released for being sh*t.

Personally i think your post is bullshit Smile thankyou for your time.

By the way.. how many local talented players did your friends bring in? When already we have a lad from the under 21's experiencing first team football. Rant

Rawlings, I was at the Cirencester game, and thought it was very poor, even told Smith after in the club it was boring, and when football is boring its dangerous. So thats how little I care for RUFC.
Am I not allowed to question things?
To be brutally honest I am glad my mate is out of there, who would want a mate wrapped up in all the goings on there, not me! Blessing in disguise for Smith!
Yes there are 2 sides to every story with every player, but only ever 1 Truth! Anybody who comes on and says the side I told is wrong is a liar.
Like I said, if your opinion of me is Im a sh7t stirring prick then youre entitled to it.....amd you are?
Why is my post Bullshit? Joe Adams, talented local lad has been released today. Fact
By the way, my point wasnt how many local talented players Smith or Socket brought in, but how many are now being released.
I dont think Fitter who the chairman wanted to keep was here prior to Socket and Smith, nor Hands, nor T.Robinson, nor Adams....

Youve voiced your opinion about me, I will let others make their mind up about you when theres a rush of posts proving my post was bullshit as you say and Adams has not actually been released and is available for the next game
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: POLICY OR B/S?

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:01 am

I hope this is bullsh*t...

_________________
Have you heard?......
avatar
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Posts : 872
Location : Redditch
Join date : 2011-01-03

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: POLICY OR B/S?

Post  nevergreen on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:14 am

To be fair and this might go against the grain I couldn't give two hoots where the players come from. In the past 10 years to my mind there's only been a sprinkling of real quality Redditch born players and then they haven't always featured for The Reds.

If the new management team introduced 11 little green fat aliens no one would give a toss as long as the team won, in fact we can all wax lyrical about wanting local players but in reality all anyone wants is a team which will compete.

If we want 11 born n bred Redditch lads playing then we'll be at Alvechurch's level soon enough.

I just wonder whether supporters will be as quick to turn on the new management team as the previous one should the results not be what is expected. So what is the bench mark for the new regime?



avatar
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 128
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: POLICY OR B/S?

Post  rawlings09 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:33 am

Sockett released more local quality lads than the new guys.

It just seems your'e more contempt on bringing out the negatives, which is fine, but it seems like digs at the club.
avatar
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1139
Location : Nowhere near Blyth
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: POLICY OR B/S?

Post  redditch born on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:49 am

To be fair and this might go against the grain I couldn't give two hoots where the players come from. In the past 10 years to my mind there's only been a sprinkling of real quality Redditch born players and then they haven't always featured for The Reds.

If the new management team introduced 11 little green fat aliens no one would give a toss as long as the team won, in fact we can all wax lyrical about wanting local players but in reality all anyone wants is a team which will compete.

If we want 11 born n bred Redditch lads playing then we'll be at Alvechurch's level soon enough.

I just wonder whether supporters will be as quick to turn on the new management team as the previous one should the results not be what is expected. So what is the bench mark for the new regime?

Were you Born in Redditch or on planet Mars as your post suggests?
avatar
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 250
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: POLICY OR B/S?

Post  nevergreen on Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:17 pm

Sadly and it truely pains me to say I was born in Bumsgrove pre-Alex hospital days!

Went to St Georges...St Stephens....and Abbey High......so hope that qualifies me for residency and ability to support my local team and have done since late 70's. farao

avatar
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 128
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: POLICY OR B/S?

Post  redditch born on Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:26 pm

nevergreen wrote:Sadly and it truely pains me to say I was born in Bumsgrove pre-Alex hospital days!

Went to St Georges...St Stephens....and Abbey High......so hope that qualifies me for residency and ability to support my local team and have done since late 70's. farao


Hence your name?? I wont tell enyone if you dont lol My appoligies lot of brummie acsents down the reds
avatar
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 250
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: POLICY OR B/S?

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:29 pm

There's also alot of Yorkshire, and Mancunian accents.

It doesn't matter where you're from.

_________________
Have you heard?......
avatar
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Posts : 872
Location : Redditch
Join date : 2011-01-03

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: POLICY OR B/S?

Post  adiy price on Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:38 pm

i wasnt born in redditch, i was born in birmingham and am proud of that fact so much so that if anybodies in the car with me i allways point out the house i was born in (much to the annoyance of my missses). but that said i have lived in redditch since 1969 most of that time in batchley my mom was born in ahouse on studley road so i think that should be enough for me to support the reds Senile Senile
avatar
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 149
Location : batchley and proud ov it
Join date : 2011-01-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: POLICY OR B/S?

Post  redditch born on Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:47 pm

[quote="adiy price"]i wasnt born in redditch, i was born in birmingham and am proud of that fact so much so that if anybodies in the car with me i allways point out the house i was born in (much to the annoyance of my missses). but that said i have lived in redditch since 1969 most of that time in batchley my mom was born in ahouse on studley road so i think that should be enough for me to support the reds Senile Senile [/quT

Thats diffrent i wouldnt care if you were green. but fact remains it is a none league club and as such must be part of the town there are players good enough i would rather see someone who i lived next door to or worked with play than a green man!
avatar
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 250
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: POLICY OR B/S?

Post  alottmentender on Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:32 pm

getting back to the football side i dont think joe adams is good enouth yet for that standard yet as i dont think he strong enouth as he seems to be knocked of the ball a little bit to easy but he as got the makings of getting there,as for some of the players he as released dont think they will be missed that much.
avatar
alottmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 119
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: POLICY OR B/S?

Post  redstillidie on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:33 pm

Sockett and Smith, since they left have contacted other teams and given them details of our players ie wages etc.
Adams was one of these and he was approached by Barwell. How can you stand up for a former management team that tries to destroy their old club?
Two days after Sockett and Smith left, at least 5 of our players on the same day had 7 days notice of approach from other clubs thanks to Mr Sockett and Smith.

redstillidie
Sunday League

Posts : 1
Join date : 2011-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: POLICY OR B/S?

Post  ROWLY1971 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:40 pm

rawlings09 wrote:Sockett released more local quality lads than the new guys.

It just seems your'e more contempt on bringing out the negatives, which is fine, but it seems like digs at the club.

The point of my post, which seems to of been overlooked, is the chairman publically saying it was a large factor in the sacking of Socket for getting rid of local players (fitter/hands) and now Hyde has gone and done the same! Point being have the rules changed or the direction? In no way was it a post stating that Socket should still be manager of RUFC. Glad its brought some debate to the forum table though..... debate and FACTS though as it clearly is NOT bullshit!
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: POLICY OR B/S?

Post  ROWLY1971 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:54 pm

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:I hope this is bullsh*t...

Why would it be!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would I come on here and be open for ridicule by making a story up and making bullshit up to go along with it?

The post is TRUE as it is full of FACTS

I will not hold my breathe for an apology, Im just a sh*t stirring prick Rolling Eyes
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: POLICY OR B/S?

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:18 pm

An apology for what?

I was just saying that I hope it does turn out to be bullshit, what with a player such as Joe Adams leaving...

And as for the 'sh*t stirring pr*ck' comment, I think you'll find that wasn't me.

'kin hell! windmill

_________________
Have you heard?......
avatar
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Posts : 872
Location : Redditch
Join date : 2011-01-03

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: POLICY OR B/S?

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:23 pm

And Graham Hyde is God - FACT.

_________________
Have you heard?......
avatar
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Posts : 872
Location : Redditch
Join date : 2011-01-03

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: POLICY OR B/S?

Post  porrohman on Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:36 am

Rowly,
You are aware there are two sides to every story. Can you comment on redstillidie's post? May go some way
to explaining why Adams isn't here anymore.
avatar
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: POLICY OR B/S?

Post  porrohman on Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:53 am

And Graham Hyde is God - FACT.

LIKE
avatar
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: POLICY OR B/S?

Post  ROWLY1971 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:39 am

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:An apology for what?

I was just saying that I hope it does turn out to be bullshit, what with a player such as Joe Adams leaving...

And as for the 'sh*t stirring pr*ck' comment, I think you'll find that wasn't me.

'kin hell! windmill

Sorry bluenose, I did say those things yes, but not aimed at you or how you took them. Someone else posted that my post was indeed bullshit, thats what the apology comment was about.
And I know you never lowered yourself to playground name calling, I never said it was you.
I agree with you it is sad to see Joe go. He may not quite of been ready just yet, he may well of been though we will never know. What we do know though is that he IS local he IS young he WILL learn and improve but NOT at Redditch.
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: POLICY OR B/S?

Post  ROWLY1971 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:53 am

I presume this is the post you want me to comment on Porrohman?
OK

redstillidie wrote:Sockett and Smith, since they left have contacted other teams and given them details of our players ie wages etc.
Adams was one of these and he was approached by Barwell. How can you stand up for a former management team that tries to destroy their old club?
Two days after Sockett and Smith left, at least 5 of our players on the same day had 7 days notice of approach from other clubs thanks to Mr Sockett and Smith.

1ST point: where is redstillidie proof that Socket and Smith contacted other teams giving players and wages details? Did certain clubs phone him up and say Socket or Smith have phoned them about XX and they wish to sign them on such say so, or is he merely putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with his Fact. What contacts or say so has Smith with clubs like Barwell anyway? Dont forget this was the highest he has been invoved in, and for a short time only.

2ND point: Adams has not been contacted by Barwell. Barwell may or may not of served a 7 day approach, but Joe has NOT been contacted by anyone Barwell. Fact. He contacted Hyde wanting arrangements about the next game as he wanted to remain a Redditch player. Fact.

3RD point: Where have I posted my standing up for a management team that tries to destroy their old club?

4TH point: 2 days after, and at least 5 players having 7 days served....why thanks to Mr Smith? Who are the players, 5 at least, and who are the clubs?

I hope Ive answered the post as honest and detailed as I can Porrohman, I now look forward to redtillidie replying with the players names and clubs, and the FACTS that it was Socket AND Smith to back his post up
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: POLICY OR B/S?

Post  ted striker on Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:21 am

I don't know either Martin Sockett or Paul Smith, but *IF* either or both have been putting it out that certain players are on £X per game and they will jump ship for an extra tenner, then it wouldn't surprise me. Not because I have any ill feeling towards either of them - I commented on here shortly after their departures were announced that I felt it was a hasty decision - but I would imagine that anyone who had just left a club, especially in the clearly acrimonious circumstances in which they left Redditch, would, if asked by representatives of another club or maybe just during a chat with a mate who had connections, happily divulge information about players' wages. It's just one of those things that we who follow non-league football have to accept as part and parcel of the game. It's happened in the past, and it'll happen in the future.

Vindictive? Maybe. Underhand? Possibly. Right? Depends on your point of view. Ever going to stop? Not on your nelly.

It might also have been a result of a chat with a mate with connections that occurred prior to them leaving. Whatever the "truth" (and we have to accept that "truth" itself is a flexible concept), it's nothing worth getting your knickers in a twist over. Players move clubs for all kinds of reasons, clubs release players and recruit players for all kinds of reasons, and managers quit/get fired/leave by mutual consent for all kinds of reasons. So while we may not like the situation, I think we should all accept it and move on. Those of us who have followed Redditch United for the club's sake should continue to do so as much as possible, and those who have followed the club because their mate was the assistant manager should be welcome to continue to follow Redditch if they choose to do so, because God/Jehovah/Jahweh/Allah/Krishna/etc knows we need all the paying punters we can get, and if they choose not to then that's OK too.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 306
Join date : 2011-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: POLICY OR B/S?

Post  ROWLY1971 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:17 am

ted striker wrote:I don't know either Martin Sockett or Paul Smith, but *IF* either or both have been putting it out that certain players are on £X per game and they will jump ship for an extra tenner, then it wouldn't surprise me. Not because I have any ill feeling towards either of them - I commented on here shortly after their departures were announced that I felt it was a hasty decision - but I would imagine that anyone who had just left a club, especially in the clearly acrimonious circumstances in which they left Redditch, would, if asked by representatives of another club or maybe just during a chat with a mate who had connections, happily divulge information about players' wages. It's just one of those things that we who follow non-league football have to accept as part and parcel of the game. It's happened in the past, and it'll happen in the future.

Vindictive? Maybe. Underhand? Possibly. Right? Depends on your point of view. Ever going to stop? Not on your nelly.

It might also have been a result of a chat with a mate with connections that occurred prior to them leaving. Whatever the "truth" (and we have to accept that "truth" itself is a flexible concept), it's nothing worth getting your knickers in a twist over. Players move clubs for all kinds of reasons, clubs release players and recruit players for all kinds of reasons, and managers quit/get fired/leave by mutual consent for all kinds of reasons. So while we may not like the situation, I think we should all accept it and move on. Those of us who have followed Redditch United for the club's sake should continue to do so as much as possible, and those who have followed the club because their mate was the assistant manager should be welcome to continue to follow Redditch if they choose to do so, because God/Jehovah/Jahweh/Allah/Krishna/etc knows we need all the paying punters we can get, and if they choose not to then that's OK too.

Ted, I applaud my favourite post since being here!
Bang on, well done, great points and posted in a great manner! Cup
avatar
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 305
Location : REDDITCH
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: POLICY OR B/S?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum