Relegation/promotion in the Blue Square North

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Relegation/promotion in the Blue Square North

Post  mattim on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:11 pm

Has anyone noticed that of all the teams that have been relegated since the league started in 2004/05 not a single one has ever been promoted back up ?

This applies to all those who actually finished in a relegation place, a few clubs have been demoted due to financial problems and a couple have reappeared (Boston, Nuneaton).

According to me the following were 'properly' relegated (before us and Stafford that is);

Runcorn, Ashton Utd, Bradford Park Avenue, Hednesford Town, Scarborough, Worksop, Lancaster City, Leigh RMI, Burscough and Hucknall Town.

Where are they now ? A number of them don't exist anymore.

I'm not making a point here about how difficult it will be for us, I'm just curious as to why this should be, anyone any theories ?

Our chance to make Blue Square history !

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Relegation/promotion in the Blue Square North

Post  del boy on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:50 pm

Without analysing each of the clubs that you have mentioned, all I’d say is that every clubs situation is different.

I’m the first to comment on the total apathy that has always existed in Redditch and how that has always been our Achilles heel. That said, we now have an active, visible strategy to market and promote the club on a scale that I have never seen done before. Graham Hyde’s new role in reaching out to the local kids could be Mr. Swans best investment in the club; maybe it won’t reap obvious rewards in the next year or two, but it’s essential for the medium term future of the club.

I certainly think that the ‘5 year plan’ to reach the Conference Premier is too much too soon. But what we can see is that the foundations are being laid. Rome wasn’t built in a day!

I do think that we will see Redditch United find it’s ‘natural level‘ under Mr. Swan. What our ‘natural level’ might be is open to debate. Without guidance or investment, I’d suggest that it would be one level below where we will be next season. With the right investment and guidance, our town could support a League 2 club.

Considering that our club was two weeks away from going out of business, I think that a lot of fellow non league clubs would now happily trade places with us! Hopefully there will come a time when the right level of support and infrastructure is in place, and that will be the best time to think about promotion back to The Conference.

del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:51 am

del boy wrote:Without analysing each of the clubs that you have mentioned, all I’d say is that every clubs situation is different.

I’m the first to comment on the total apathy that has always existed in Redditch and how that has always been our Achilles heel. That said, we now have an active, visible strategy to market and promote the club on a scale that I have never seen done before. Graham Hyde’s new role in reaching out to the local kids could be Mr. Swans best investment in the club; maybe it won’t reap obvious rewards in the next year or two, but it’s essential for the medium term future of the club.

I certainly think that the ‘5 year plan’ to reach the Conference Premier is too much too soon. But what we can see is that the foundations are being laid. Rome wasn’t built in a day!

I do think that we will see Redditch United find it’s ‘natural level‘ under Mr. Swan. What our ‘natural level’ might be is open to debate. Without guidance or investment, I’d suggest that it would be one level below where we will be next season. With the right investment and guidance, our town could support a League 2 club.

Considering that our club was two weeks away from going out of business, I think that a lot of fellow non league clubs would now happily trade places with us! Hopefully there will come a time when the right level of support and infrastructure is in place, and that will be the best time to think about promotion back to The Conference.

I agree bar one point del, I believe this club is confused as to its natural level due to the unnatural business decisions of the past.
When the good folk of Redditch had a taste of success the club spent way above its means, this was unsustainable and only by sheer bad look for other clubs have we stayed in the position we did.Only now under Chris Swan will we find our Natural level, why?. Under Chris Swan already the club is moving forward, we now have off the field income, we are being told only truths, Investment into facilities is constant and ongoing, as is the investment into the community and above all he is setting up the club to run sustainable.
Our natural level of course will ultimately be set by the people of Redditch, we have a bigger population than many league clubs.
I think though that a line needs to be drawn now between old RUFC and new RUFC, Old RUFC needs to be confined to the History Books and the fans old and new should embrace new RUFC and back it more than has been backed before. It is my opinion that you will not be let down as in the past and your efforts in helping the club will not go unrewarded or noticed, It has also been said in the past that there is a separation between Fans and TRUST so how do people think we can move away from this perception?.
I believe if we are going to move forward we need ALL the fans to work together for the greater good and to encourage new fans, may I suggest a forum to be held at the valley a.s.a.p for all fans to discuss and plan the way forward as many are not internet users.
This needs to be soon so we can then push to get good gates for the friendly's and the start of the season, this will also be a perfect opportunity to see all the work that has already been done down at the Valley.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:46 am

Some great points made here.

I think with Chris, Sallie and Mark, the approach to the management of the club will be 100% different to what we have seen before.
The appointment of Graham Hyde is massive for me and the way Chris is bringing all factions of the club together is inspiring and well overdue.

People have a smile around the place instead of rumour, gossip and suspicion....if Martin can bring success to the field, then I think the whole bankroll could start.

As Chris has said, the budget c$1k per week is manageable for the current income streams and he will underwrite that if things don't go so well....so the days of players, bill etc not being paid are well and truly behind us.

If the matchday attendances improve to 350 and upwards, every penny goes back to the playing budget which could increase by 50-70%....then things become very exciting.

Great work by everyone involved and I think that with the new infrastructure in place, Chris's objectives can be met.
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:52 am

One great thing that has now been introduced is the football camps run by Graham Hyde, now, i've been working with Hyde as an Assistant coach, free of charge whilst we get the ball rolling!

I've had a great time coaching, the kids have all enjoyed it and will tell all there friends!

The best thing i heard was a lad who came on wednesday, said to his mother at the end of the day " can i come back here tomorrow" His mother replied " okay, but that means i need to cancel the other fun day that you will be doing tomorrow" she then said that it wasn't a bad thing because we are cheaper!

So not only do the kids love it, but the parents have a cheaper alternative to another similar "fun week" type programme!

When numbers grow for the 6 week summer camps, this will be and incredible asset for the club!

And hopefully, we'll be getting out to schools too!

So i've had a great week! Also a chance of payed work in future which i will be honoured to do!

Up the Reds!
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top