Redditch United History- The book..Thoughts?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Redditch United History- The book..Thoughts?

Post  1Youngy1 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:38 am

Yup Mate!! Crying with laughter
My Grandad used to run a online book and publishing store study study lol! Dance
Nice sacarsm though!!!!!!
1Youngy1
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=337218575505&set=a.10

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:17 pm

Redjeff wrote:
Redditchbluenose86 wrote:NOT UNTIL YOU'VE FOUND A PIC FROM THE PETERBOROUGH GAME!!!! Mad

Laughing
Its not the one you want but hope this will do(for now at least), this is from the Last FA Cup game before Peterborough against Ton Pentre Fc (1971). The Goal Scorer is Nicky Ingram and in the Background is the Cedar Road.[img][/img]

Not good enough. Come back to me when you've got the Peterborough pics Rolling Eyes

Admin

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:33 am

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:
Redjeff wrote:
Redditchbluenose86 wrote:NOT UNTIL YOU'VE FOUND A PIC FROM THE PETERBOROUGH GAME!!!! Mad

Laughing
Its not the one you want but hope this will do(for now at least), this is from the Last FA Cup game before Peterborough against Ton Pentre Fc (1971). The Goal Scorer is Nicky Ingram and in the Background is the Cedar Road.[img][/img]

Not good enough. Come back to me when you've got the Peterborough pics Rolling Eyes
HA HA Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter ......... wanker Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter ......... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  redsfan on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:42 am

1Youngy1 wrote:Some Great Work That Jeff Is doing to discover all this History cheers

The Idea Behind this book is brilliant, and I fully support it 100%. However Aidys original idea of Stocking it in places such as WHSmiths does need to be reconsidered. WHSmiths Is a Co-Oporation which Franchises its name to Stores liekwise with places such as Waterstones and HMV, therefore stocking it in only one store is actually very unlikely but for heavy negotiations with Senior Management at the company.. A Franchise usually likes to stock all the same products in each store they have, this makes ordering and communication easy etc, so this point basically means that they may not be as interested as i think you hoped. Head against wall

However I gurantee local shops and maybe even the odd shop up town would be interested places such as Biddles, PJ Stores, and other stores around town would be happy to take a "Trial Batch" Where they basically take a small order and see how many they sell, before placing a large quantity order. Obviously the reliable club shop trio, would take a batch and undoubtley successfully sell a lot again, so no problem there.

With regards to publishers, i doubt theyd be hard to find with good prices and deals aswell due to the type of thing were looking for. Places Such As Meno Yearbooks, would allow Jeff to to create the book himself. But there would be a lot of places interested in supplying us because of advertisment for them, and a future business relationship with the club and TRUST. You'd also need to decide if you were going to push this forward who would deal straight with the Buyer (Ordering party) would it be the publisher or the TRUST and what share of profit (incentives) would publishers get.. Also youd need to ensure you have the rights to all the pictures, and text in the book and get a Pattent put down, so nobody can copy us.

As I say 100% behind it.. just trying to help.. Will be more than happy to be involved in the process!

Can I suggest you don't get involved in the proof reading of the book? Very Happy Crying with laughter

redsfan
Midland Combination League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:21 am

Redjeff wrote:

Laughing

I can see Aide, Kimbo and Rog stood on the Cedar Road still Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:23 am

On a Serious note one of my mates has a printing business and one of the areas they excel in is priniting books. I also play cricket with a bloke who wrote his own book so I can get some idea on costs etc from him if required.

Go for it.
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:43 am

Books take a long time to research and write so its not going to happen any time soon, as you can all appreciate it will be better to do a good job rather than a quick job. As no one really has experience in this we will need all the help we can get as and when we need it, I will keep you all informed every step of the way. Screen Punch

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:59 pm

Redjeff wrote:

Laughing

As someone already mentioned, this pic would look great on a canvas!

Admin

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:54 am

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:
Redjeff wrote:

Laughing

As someone already mentioned, this pic would look great on a canvas!
Yes Mate, Need to do a repair to remove centre fold and then get a price. The question is who wants to pay to have this done?

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price on Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:20 pm

back to the book i remember when my mom left redditch i got her a book entitled redditich remembered which was full of old photos of redditch. she then found a dvd of the same thing in wales and gave it to me so i think there is a market for this, hope it comes off and i'll buy 1 of the first copies
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed May 04, 2011 6:42 am

[img][/img]
Redditch United - southern league north division champions 1975 - 1976
back left to right - John Mason, Brian Kenning, Mick Touhy, Chris Ward, Len Lawrence, Gary Dale, David Clements, Brian Smart, David Holmes.
Front Row left to right - Jimmy McMorran, Roger Shaw, Roger Grice, Ralph Punsheon, Ray Taylor and Willie Penman.

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Wed May 04, 2011 9:05 am

Redjeff wrote:[img][/img]
Redditch United - southern league north division champions 1975 - 1976
back left to right - John Mason, Brian Kenning, Mick Touhy, Chris Ward, Len Lawrence, Gary Dale, David Clements, Brian Smart, David Holmes.
Front Row left to right - Jimmy McMorran, Roger Shaw Moore Very Happy , Roger Grice, Ralph Punsheon, Ray Taylor and Willie Penman.
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Wed May 04, 2011 10:09 am

what an amazing photo
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu May 05, 2011 1:36 am

Interestingly apart from colour it is the same as the New Newcastle Strip for next season, well almost!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top