Suggestions for increasing attendances

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suggestions for increasing attendances

Post  Bob Marley on Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:59 pm

Loyalty card - every home game your card is stamped. Every 5 stamps, 1 games free (works for tescos!).
Bring a friend and earn a fiver (full payer)
$5 for Blues/Villa/WBA season ticket holders
$5 for Blues supporter club members
Free kids (under 12)
Invite a school football team to every home match
Invite a local business to every home match
Pay what you like game (as suggested before)
Move midweek games to Monday
Ladies day (early in the season)
Red nose game for Children in Need


Others?
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for increasing attendances

Post  rawlings09 on Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:21 pm

Free youth player with a paying parent? or something like that?
avatar
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1139
Location : Nowhere near Blyth
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for increasing attendances

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:28 am

Bob Marley wrote:Loyalty card - every home game your card is stamped. Every 5 stamps, 1 games free (works for tescos!).
Bring a friend and earn a fiver (full payer)
$5 for Blues/Villa/WBA season ticket holders
$5 for Blues supporter club members
Free kids (under 12)
Invite a school football team to every home match
Invite a local business to every home match
Pay what you like game (as suggested before)
Move midweek games to Monday
Ladies day (early in the season)
Red nose game for Children in Need


Others?
during this economic climate ( and I seriously know how hard it is(especially having a family as well)) that unemployed should be included in the concessions Ticket offer? This season I have have had to Beg, Borrow but stop short of stealing to watch the Mighty Reds and have even gone without on essentials just to make the game. Redditch at the moment has the highest number of unemployed ever and I know there are quite a few that would love to go but cant afford it, Its times like these that the Word Community should really come in to its own.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for increasing attendances

Post  Leethall on Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:52 am

I like the idea that Walsall FC have come up for Junior Season Tickets. Rather than just give free season tickets and then the kids dont turn up, they are selling the Season Tickets at £46, which works out at £2 per game. Then for each game that the kid turns up for, they get £2 back, which they will probably spend on a programme or burger. It gets a bit more commitment from the kids to turn up to every game.

This.

Agree with most that you have stated Steve. Kids from all schools to be given £1 entrance throughout the season. Lower the admission price for adults as £9 is excessive especially with the shite regulars have had to put up with this season. The thing is though if the side is poor next season then it will keep fans away.

I personally would look long and hard as to who is the best person to manage the club. Redhead maybe but somebody like Paul West a Redditch person proven at Zam Premier level would be the sort of person to aid improvement to our gates with Redditch folk and who he knows
avatar
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1845
Location : Village Branch
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for increasing attendances

Post  rawlings09 on Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:54 am

I agree with bringing the price down... as of may, i'll be 17 so then have to pay an adult ticket?
Fair play to you Jeff! I agree with Leethall, it's too much for the quality you see...
I went to watch Studley v Boldmere last week... payed £5 for an adult ticket, £1 for a programme, £2 for a burger. £8 for a full matchday expirience. And if i'm honest, the standard at Redditch isn't a great deal higher? Ade, Kimbo, In2thevalley, agree?

Obviously we need to make some money... But we should make money from the bar/programmes/football cards/Club Shop :dance: /Golden Goal etc

Get people in the ground, then they're likely to spend the few quid they have left on food or a pint or whatever.

Cheaper tickets... ,and lets be honest, it's non-league football at nearly a tenner?!, will mean more people come down.

UTR!
avatar
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1139
Location : Nowhere near Blyth
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for increasing attendances

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:42 am

Leethall wrote:I like the idea that Walsall FC have come up for Junior Season Tickets. Rather than just give free season tickets and then the kids dont turn up, they are selling the Season Tickets at £46, which works out at £2 per game. Then for each game that the kid turns up for, they get £2 back, which they will probably spend on a programme or burger. It gets a bit more commitment from the kids to turn up to every game.

This.

Agree with most that you have stated Steve. Kids from all schools to be given £1 entrance throughout the season. Lower the admission price for adults as £9 is excessive especially with the shite regulars have had to put up with this season. The thing is though if the side is poor next season then it will keep fans away.

I personally would look long and hard as to who is the best person to manage the club. Redhead maybe but somebody like Paul West a Redditch person proven at Zam Premier level would be the sort of person to aid improvement to our gates with Redditch folk and who he knows

It does seem expensive, I think £7 - £8 maximum. Pay with a tenner, and the £2 change is spent on Golden Goal before anyone's had chance to put it back in their pocket. So IF we were to reduce admission by a quid or two, the club would still make the difference back through programmes/Golden goal/predictor etc.
What's the average admission for Zamaretto Prem clubs?

It would be wrong the replace Redhead morally, as he's got the team battling and playing the best football we've seen all season on a zero wage budget.
However I think Westy would be a brilliant appointment (should the club choose to bring in a new manager). He's a very popular local lad, and he's non league through and through so knows a great deal about the different players and their abilities/attitudes at this level. He'd also attract local interest to come on matchday.

_________________
Have you heard?......
avatar
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Posts : 872
Location : Redditch
Join date : 2011-01-03

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for increasing attendances

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:10 am

Some good ideas above.

How about picking a different Road/Close in Redditch each week and post free tickets to each house. Start with the nearest streets first.

_________________
Have you heard?......
avatar
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Posts : 872
Location : Redditch
Join date : 2011-01-03

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for increasing attendances

Post  rawlings09 on Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:24 am

That might work,Andy, But we'd have to know the people in the road/close had intentions of coming down...
When you drive up the hill from the station and shopping center, those houses round there should be targeted, and round the back, Cedar Road etc

Start close to home, as you said Very Happy then hope for the best :dance:
avatar
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1139
Location : Nowhere near Blyth
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for increasing attendances

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:15 am

You'll never know who intends to come, but everyone loves a freebie and hate things going to waste.
Even if they don't come, we won't lose anything anyway.
If we made the tickets/vouchers personal to each close by having the street name on them, then it would diffrentiate itself from the junkmail. And if we put a note on there explaining why and what we are doing then they will be more inclined to take up the offer 'while it's their turn' sort of thing.
Somthing along the lines of "We pick a different street each week to qualify for free entry - This week it's Madeup Close!".
Oh I don't know! Laughing

_________________
Have you heard?......
avatar
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Posts : 872
Location : Redditch
Join date : 2011-01-03

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for increasing attendances

Post  del boy on Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:01 am

Improve the Valley Stadium!!

In an earlier post Steve suggested that the board would invest in the ground. When Mr. Swan made his brief pre-match speech over the P.A., he also hinted that the ground would be improved.

Unfortunately, when trying to encourage others to come to games, people often comment on the Valley “being a dump”.

I’ve got no idea what kind of level of ground improvements the board is thinking about. But a nicer Valley Stadium would become a more attractive place to visit and encourage new fans.
avatar
del boy
Blue Square North

Posts : 500
Join date : 2011-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for increasing attendances

Post  Leethall on Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:18 am

My old man lives on Cedar Road but would not attend!!

Whether it is morally correct to get rid of Redders is the case. I doubt Westy would up sticks from Evesham as they move into their new Stadium from the start of next season. Also Evesham will have a decent budget with players such as Nathan Vaughan but if Westy was in charge I am sure players would follow.

He would also boost attendance and people will only attend with a side winning and if that is how the club is to be funded it is a key consideration. That is for the owner to decide!
avatar
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1845
Location : Village Branch
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for increasing attendances

Post  rawlings09 on Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:26 am

del boy wrote:Improve the Valley Stadium!!

In an earlier post Steve suggested that the board would invest in the ground. When Mr. Swan made his brief pre-match speech over the P.A., he also hinted that the ground would be improved.

Unfortunately, when trying to encourage others to come to games, people often comment on the Valley “being a dump”.

I’ve got no idea what kind of level of ground improvements the board is thinking about. But a nicer Valley Stadium would become a more attractive place to visit and encourage new fans.
All in good time, although the ground does look a lot tidier!! :dance:
avatar
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1139
Location : Nowhere near Blyth
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for increasing attendances

Post  in2thevalley on Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:38 am

rawlings09 wrote:
del boy wrote:Improve the Valley Stadium!!

In an earlier post Steve suggested that the board would invest in the ground. When Mr. Swan made his brief pre-match speech over the P.A., he also hinted that the ground would be improved.

Unfortunately, when trying to encourage others to come to games, people often comment on the Valley “being a dump”.

I’ve got no idea what kind of level of ground improvements the board is thinking about. But a nicer Valley Stadium would become a more attractive place to visit and encourage new fans.
All in good time, although the ground does look a lot tidier!! :dance:

Yes wait and see. Good things come to those who wait. Very Happy
avatar
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1640
Location : Here
Join date : 2011-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for increasing attendances

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:20 am

Some excellent ideas,to extend on the unemployed all games £1 and the same for seniors,if there is no relegation this season then i would leave adult prices at £9,we are on average £3 cheaper than anyother team in this league,abolish car parking charges for me that is wrong people pay enough to get in.As for reduced prices for blues,villa fans i would say no,Andy as bluenose before you come a loyal redditch fan,would reduced prices of got you down to the valley?.These teams are not at home every week when we are,i personally don't think this idea would work ,but hopefully if it's tried and works then great would love to be wrong. The other ideas i would certainly try,anything is worth a go.However sensible investment into the team(as long as no one thinks i'm implying to use Mr Swan as a piggy bank) to give any manager a realistic chance of building a winning team , as i said before winning team = bigger gates(2003/4 season) losing team(2010/11) low gates.At the end of the day people will pay to see their team win or at least stand a chance of winning week in week out,no amount of promotions will drag people out to see their team lose every week. So for me invest in the team 1st,and follow up with some of the great ideas from above.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for increasing attendances

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:39 am

It's a good point to be fair Dennis.
We could have a hugely successful promotion push before the start of the season and attract a first home gate of say 1200 (for example). If we get beat 3-0 then I can't see many of those returning.
Trouble is, that playing squad is out of our hands and like Chris said in his press conference: "next season's budget could be £3k or could be £0 depending on revenue streams."
So what do we do? wait until we have a consistantly competing squad....THEN promote, or promote and hope that the squad will be strong enough to bring in the results and keep the new fans? scratch

Remember what we said about first impressions. And that will be a huge factor come next season if we're to attract first time fans to the Valley.

_________________
Have you heard?......
avatar
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Posts : 872
Location : Redditch
Join date : 2011-01-03

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for increasing attendances

Post  rawlings09 on Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:46 am

True, surely we're making money on home games now? Since we cut the budget... and we're debt free, what is the gate/bar money doing? That needs to be put aside for the playing budget IMO...
avatar
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1139
Location : Nowhere near Blyth
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for increasing attendances

Post  allotmentender on Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:20 pm

Try and tap into the Polish community, maybe try and arrange a friendly at home to a Polish team or something.
Although, saying that, having been to Katowice to see England play, and seeing how they behave at football, we might not want to!!!!
avatar
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 165
Location : HMP Australia
Join date : 2011-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for increasing attendances

Post  Redditch Events on Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:02 am

Seveal ideas that I think will be great are

all children free - these are the future regular Supporters of the Club, and the majority of fans are paying adults anyway
The Loyalty card scheme
1 Free Pint with every entrance ticket from the bar

Randomly selected free admission tickets, give out a couple of free tickets or so every home match from a prize draw database of fans.
avatar
Redditch Events
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 177
Location : Redditch
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/redditch

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for increasing attendances

Post  Bob Marley on Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:54 am

Offer a kid $5 to bring their dad...dad pays $9 and give a fiver to the kid....$4 to the kitty and the kid will go and spend the $5 at the burger stand/pop etc.

If we put an advert saying 'Come and watch the Reds and earn a fiver' might create some interest?
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for increasing attendances

Post  porrohman on Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:18 am

THAT Mr Marley is a cracking idea.
Love it. Make sure the club shop end of season sale is on at the same time.
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers king Hi five
avatar
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for increasing attendances

Post  in2thevalley on Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:21 am

porrohman wrote:THAT Mr Marley is a cracking idea.
Love it. Make sure the club shop end of season sale is on at the same time.
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers king Hi five

Already discussed and formulated...... Very Happy
avatar
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1640
Location : Here
Join date : 2011-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for increasing attendances

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum