Is this....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is this....

Post  allotmentender on Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:51 pm

the end of the old forum? Will everyone (apart from Hollis) be moving over to this, personally I hope it is, had a crap username on that one (the 2006 had no real meaning, other than the year I registered), used to get blocked a lot because I live in an island in Asia (HMP Australia) and having to log in everytime made it awkward!!!
This forum is looking pretty good, but it's not the first to break away from the official unofficial forum Wink
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this....

Post  porrohman on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:07 pm

I think this will soon be our official unofficial site.I think its so much better, although it is good to trawl back through some great debates of the last few seasons.Either way let's make the decision soon.
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:12 pm

Hopefully yes!

I know it's not the first forum to break away from the other one, but last time that happened the 'old forum' was well manned and maintained, where as now it has no one at the helm.
However this one has 3 active admins (and room for more if needs must), facilities to incorporate the newsletter & predictor (money maker for the club), and lots more modern features such as the Chatbox which could prove useful when meetings are cancelled and arranging pre-match meets.
Also it is viewable without having to register, which will hopefully reduce the amount of registrations (from other teams) just to have a nose round, and we'll have a better idea of our active fanbase numbers.

This season we've had:
  • A new Manager & Assistant.
  • A fresh and very active Facebook site.
  • Our first ever Youtube Channel for match highlights.
  • Overseas interest from our Reddit Fanbase.
  • A refurbed Club Shop.
  • An online Club Shop for our distant fans to purchase shirts/merchandise from.
  • And all of the above has helped sparked new interest for the club and we've seen lots of new faces through the gates this season.

So to keep with this 'moving forward attitude', most of us felt that a new forum would be a fresh start. Smile

Admin

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:40 pm

The last time there was a new forum it was also made register to view and not many regulars stuck to posting/ debating on there. I think that if the regulars who have signed up stick to here for posting then the occasional people will follow.

If the regulars post on both then this one may not last.

In one way I hope the other sticks around just to read the old stuff but then again, its high time for Redditch United to be looking forwards, in time the funny stuff on there will be more than adequately replaced.
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:20 pm

Looking back at some of the posts on the "old" forum, there are some things that really do need to be put behind us!!
We need to move forward! :dance: afro <-- Love that by the way!!
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:57 pm

Lot's more added now Rawlings Beer Cheers Handbags Full of sh*t to name a few... Hyper

Admin

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:22 pm

Haha Class!
Banana PARTY!!
:dance: Arrow Beer Arrow Banana sex Arrow Whistling
Such Fun!! Smile Crying with laughter
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:14 am

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:Hopefully yes!

I know it's not the first forum to break away from the other one, but last time that happened the 'old forum' was well manned and maintained, where as now it has no one at the helm.
However this one has 3 active admins (and room for more if needs must), facilities to incorporate the newsletter & predictor (money maker for the club), and lots more modern features such as the Chatbox which could prove useful when meetings are cancelled and arranging pre-match meets.
Also it is viewable without having to register, which will hopefully reduce the amount of registrations (from other teams) just to have a nose round, and we'll have a better idea of our active fanbase numbers.

This season we've had:
  • A new Manager & Assistant.
  • A fresh and very active Facebook site.
  • Our first ever Youtube Channel for match highlights.
  • Overseas interest from our Reddit Fanbase.
  • A refurbed Club Shop.
  • An online Club Shop for our distant fans to purchase shirts/merchandise from.
  • And all of the above has helped sparked new interest for the club and we've seen lots of new faces through the gates this season.

So to keep with this 'moving forward attitude', most of us felt that a new forum would be a fresh start. Smile
Not Sure I Can add to that other than to agree with every word, I would also like to say well done Andy for taking this by the balls and getting on with it. Cracking job mate and as you said this is just part of the huge effort put in to move the club forward, Its nice to look back and we should never forget the past or the work put in over the years (we can learn a lot) but the future is now the focus. Im staying here Senile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:57 am

Redjeff wrote:
Not Sure I Can add to that other than to agree with every word, I would also like to say well done Andy for taking this by the balls and getting on with it. Cracking job mate and as you said this is just part of the huge effort put in to move the club forward, Its nice to look back and we should never forget the past or the work put in over the years (we can learn a lot) but the future is now the focus. Im staying here Senile [/quote]

+1

Nice work Andy, as long as a few of us have the drive to do the things they say, we'll be fine.

bounce Hi five
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch Events on Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:26 am

It is amazing how busy the forum has got since it started at the beginning of the week.
Redditch Events
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/redditch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum