George Robson,what do you all think?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

George Robson,what do you all think?

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:19 am

As we are all aware George was the very kind Blyth supporter who paid for our coach on our last visit.Now we are in a better finacial state i was wondering if maybe Mr Swan could offer to pay him his money back,i think it would show just how much the club apprieciated the gesture and improve our public image throughout the non league scene,especially as it is not great amongst some clubs,and it would show others we are not just take take all the time and are willing to pay back when things improve.I know we are not millionaires and Mr Swan is not going to be the Man City chairman of non league football,i just think it would be nice to make the offer as we are offically debt free,never thought we would ever say that.What do you all think?.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: George Robson,what do you all think?

Post  rawlings09 on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:45 am

No and yes... it's not right asking Chris for money to pay back George, but i do feel he should get some sort of thankyou... I think maybe a whip round or something and we'll throw in a pennant and scarf.
avatar
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1139
Location : Nowhere near Blyth
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: George Robson,what do you all think?

Post  porrohman on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:50 am

No. Its up to Chris what he does with his money.Not us.
Brilliant gesture all the same.
avatar
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: George Robson,what do you all think?

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:08 am

yeah agree not good to start asking Chris for stuff like that, I think as stated above a pennant, scarf and thank you card would be just the gesture.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: George Robson,what do you all think?

Post  Leethall on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:12 am

Agree that it was Pre Swann so not fair to ask him.

I would say we should have a collection and invite him down to a game and present him with that and scarf, pennant etc? Would be a great thing to do.
avatar
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1845
Location : Village Branch
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: George Robson,what do you all think?

Post  rawlings09 on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:15 am

Leethall wrote:Agree that it was Pre Swann so not fair to ask him.

I would say we should have a collection and invite him down to a game and present him with that and scarf, pennant etc? Would be a great thing to do.
Good shout!
avatar
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1139
Location : Nowhere near Blyth
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: George Robson,what do you all think?

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:10 am

I agree with the above, a gift (a decent bottle of whiskey/wine) and a thank you card signed by as many fans as we can get on matchday.
If we were to give money back to him it sort of kills the magic of his gesture IMO.
If he's got enough money to pay for a completely different team's coach, then money wouldn't really be an ideal gift.

_________________
Have you heard?......
avatar
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Posts : 872
Location : Redditch
Join date : 2011-01-03

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: George Robson,what do you all think?

Post  in2thevalley on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:18 am

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:I agree with the above, a gift (a decent bottle of whiskey/wine) and a thank you card signed by as many fans as we can get on matchday.
If we were to give money back to him it sort of kills the magic of his gesture IMO.
If he's got enough money to pay for a completely different team's coach, then money wouldn't really be an ideal gift.
Like the idea and why not throw in the scarve and pennant aswell???????
avatar
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1640
Location : Here
Join date : 2011-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: George Robson,what do you all think?

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Yeah definitely Hi five

_________________
Have you heard?......
avatar
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Posts : 872
Location : Redditch
Join date : 2011-01-03

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: George Robson,what do you all think?

Post  Guest on Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:06 am

Some excellent points everyone.It is just Mr Robson went 1 step further than making a gesture he actually followed through.If the suggestion was put forward to Mr Swan the worse that could happen is that he says NO,but should he say YES,it would be a wonderful piece of pr on the clubs behalf,and improve our image no end.,Failing that invite him down for a game and we collect to pay his expenses and present him with a scarf/pennant prior to the game and a letter of thanks from the club.I just think we should do something rather than just talk about it,before the end of the season if possible.If there is relegation?who knows when we will be back tp play them again.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: George Robson,what do you all think?

Post  rawlings09 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:45 am

I think something will be done... it's just not right to use Chris as a piggy bank to dip into every now and then.
And like stated above... surely money isn't a massive propblem to him.
Scarf pennant and badge or something, and maybe a thankyou card?
avatar
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1139
Location : Nowhere near Blyth
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: George Robson,what do you all think?

Post  del boy on Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:40 am

Agreed.

If anything, trying to pay him back could be considered rude. He did it as a gift and its not appropriate to return a gift when you no longer need it.

Have a bucket collection around the ground and buy him a decent present. Just before kick off, get the guy on the PA system to announce who the collection is for and why, then have the whip-round. Give him a big 'thank you' card to, signed by as many as possible.

I agree that ideally, we would invite him to be the guest of honour at our next home game against Blyth. Unfortunately, that fixture may not happen again for a long time!
avatar
del boy
Blue Square North

Posts : 500
Join date : 2011-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: George Robson,what do you all think?

Post  porrohman on Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:04 pm

Guys, Just to fill you all in.
Ken called George to personally thank him. The club sent an official letter of thanks. TRUST have sent an official letter of thanks, we are also sending him a couple of things from the shop.
I'm sure he knows what a fantastic gesture it was and how much we valued it.
avatar
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: George Robson,what do you all think?

Post  Guest on Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:19 am

rawlings09 wrote:I think something will be done... it's just not right to use Chris as a piggy bank to dip into every now and then.
And like stated above... surely money isn't a massive propblem to him.
Scarf pennant and badge or something, and maybe a thankyou card?
I did not mean or imply to use Mr Swan as a piggy bank,i would never do that,i've got better principles in life than to do that.I simply wanted to know what we were doing to say thankyou to him for what he done,had he not of paid for the coach that night who knows what would of happened to our club,and just wanted to know what ideas people had to show our apprieciation.Thankfully Ade has answered that.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: George Robson,what do you all think?

Post  rawlings09 on Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:01 am

toffeeman wrote:.Now we are in a better finacial state i was wondering if maybe Mr Swan could offer to pay him his money back
Sorry, that's what it looked like from here... :dance:
avatar
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1139
Location : Nowhere near Blyth
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: George Robson,what do you all think?

Post  redsfan on Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:33 am

scarf,badge,pennant,whiskey,bucket collection>>>kind of wish I'd paid for the coach now :dance: :dance:

redsfan
Midland Combination League

Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-01-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: George Robson,what do you all think?

Post  Guest on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:00 am

Just to put things right here,in no way was i being rude or trying to cause offense to anyone,or trying to use Mr Swan as a piggy bank to dip into when we want.This was simply meant to be a chat amongst ourselves trying to find the best way to say thankyou to Mr Robson,awfully sorry lads,for trying to find away of saying THANKYOU.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: George Robson,what do you all think?

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:47 am

toffeeman wrote:Just to put things right here,in no way was i being rude or trying to cause offense to anyone,or trying to use Mr Swan as a piggy bank to dip into when we want.This was simply meant to be a chat amongst ourselves trying to find the best way to say thankyou to Mr Robson,awfully sorry lads,for trying to find away of saying THANKYOU.

Dennis you don't need to explain yourself mate. Suggesting that we payback George the money for the coach isn't exactly a rude comment is it, it just says that you wish to show appreciation for his kind gesture. If anything it's the opposite of selfish! Smile
You're right in wanting to payback the gesture, but a better repayment would be something other than money, a physical token (ie. whiskey, a card, or whatever we all agree on). Otherwise it would be like getting a food blender for Christmas, waiting until their birthday, and giving that person the blender back as a gift Laughing
You'd be one of the last people to be rude, so don't be sorry Dennis you've done nothing wrong Beer Cheers

_________________
Have you heard?......
avatar
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Posts : 872
Location : Redditch
Join date : 2011-01-03

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: George Robson,what do you all think?

Post  rawlings09 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:03 am

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:
Otherwise it would be like getting a food blender for Christmas, waiting until their birthday, and giving that person the blender back as a gift

Great idea mate! Crying with laughter
avatar
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1139
Location : Nowhere near Blyth
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: George Robson,what do you all think?

Post  Red04 on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:08 am

I think the intial idea was good one. I'm sure it was more to do with creating good PR for the club & sure Mr. Swann would realise that. It's a great new era for Redditch United & probably a good idea not to argue over what to do with our new Chairman.

Red04
Midland Combination League

Posts : 11
Join date : 2011-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: George Robson,what do you all think?

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:30 am

Red04 wrote:I think the intial idea was good one. I'm sure it was more to do with creating good PR for the club & sure Mr. Swann would realise that. It's a great new era for Redditch United & probably a good idea not to argue over what to do with our new Chairman.
Thankyou Red 04,that is exactly what i was looking for.Our public image has been to say the least awful over the years and to say we are disliked is an understatement.That is why however i said what do you think?so as to avoid any arguements,and ask everyone for their opinion.Maybe i could of put it in a different way?but my concern was to try and improve our image,thankyou for understanding that and the majority have gone for scarf,pennant etc so that is what we will do.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: George Robson,what do you all think?

Post  Bob Marley on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:15 pm

Wow...just call Porrohman and he told me he has received a letter back from George...he read it to me.

Wow...welling up just thinking about it!

You MUST see Ade and see the letter.


REDDITCH UNITED.....PRIDE, PASSION, HONOUR Very Happy
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: George Robson,what do you all think?

Post  Leethall on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:13 pm

Bob Marley wrote:Wow...just call Porrohman and he told me he has received a letter back from George...he read it to me.

Wow...welling up just thinking about it!

You MUST see Ade and see the letter.


REDDITCH UNITED.....PRIDE, PASSION, HONOUR Very Happy

Get it scanned and in the archive I say Very Happy
avatar
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1845
Location : Village Branch
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: George Robson,what do you all think?

Post  Guest on Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:48 am

Leethall wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:Wow...just call Porrohman and he told me he has received a letter back from George...he read it to me.

Wow...welling up just thinking about it!

You MUST see Ade and see the letter.


REDDITCH UNITED.....PRIDE, PASSION, HONOUR Very Happy

Get it scanned and in the archive I say Very Happy
Will speak to ade and get it done mate.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: George Robson,what do you all think?

Post  drummer boy on Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:09 am

Ive got the letter took it vauxhall ,showed it to chris and mark loved it ,will bring it on tues so you can scan it jeff and maybe frame it study study
avatar
drummer boy
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 54
Location : redditch
Join date : 2011-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: George Robson,what do you all think?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum