Redditch v Hinckley

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Redditch v Hinckley

Post  fingers on Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:03 am

What do we think then?

Hinckley are 3 points and 3 places ahead of Redditch in the Blue Square Bet North table with two games in hand.

18. Hinckley 16 played, GD -7, 13 points
19. Hyde 18 played, GD -23, 13 points
---------------------------------------
20. Stafford 17 played, GD -17, 10 points
21. REDS 18 played, GD -36, 10 points

An interesting day Saturday for sides at the bottom of the Conference North, Reds hosting Hinckley and Stafford travelling to Hyde.

Both sides have found clean sheets hard to come by this season, only one each. Hinckley's came in October when they beat Stafford and have since completed the double over them, taking up two of only three wins this season.

Personally; I predict a 1-1 draw in front of 326. Matt Smith with the goal.

fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Re: Redditch v Hinckley

Post  Leethall on Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:38 am

If we play like we did against Hinckley earlier in the season in the FA Cup and how we have played against Worcester both time then I predict a 2-1 win. I just hope we can get up for this game and perform as it is a very winnable one Cool
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:59 am

I'll go for 1-1 - Att:265

Admin

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:36 am

should be an interesting game.
2-1 Reds Very Happy :dance:
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:47 pm

1-0 Redditch - 422 att. Senile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:02 pm

Let's give it some vocals in the Cedar Road tomorrow then! :dance:

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tappers123 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:12 pm

i would like to see a win but see a 0-0 draw again att=- 245
tappers123
Midland Combination League

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=522851704

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price on Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:02 pm

think we'll win 3.1 att 327 :dance:
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:05 am

Lost 3-2 having been 2 Matty Smith goals up. Dormond sent off in 1st half ffor handling outside his box. Ref had no choice.

A must win game IMO. Makes it vitally important that we beat Stafford twice, Hyde again, Hinckley away etc.

Frustrating game as I thought we had held on Head against wall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:20 am

I will say though not all the Team's fault even if some were not on top of there game, the officials we seem to be getting this season are shocking but today unprofessional and not at the standard required at this level. The keeper going maybe, but there was no consistency in decisions and Hinkley got away with some shockers. 2-1 Redditch even 2-2 but not 3-2. at least we can send video evidence with the clubs complaint as im sure they will. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:43 am

That fluffing reff was a joke! Head against wall
If Matt Smith Dived - Book him
If Matt Smith Didn't dive - Give the free kick!

Too many Little incidents cost us the game today! Absolute JOKE!!!

We are now bottom of the league and we need 7 points to get us off the bottom, understandable with the squad we have, yes, but bad reffs... Evil or Very Mad No

On the bright side... Banana sex
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:54 am

rawlings09 wrote:

On the bright side... Banana sex
HA HA This was the Ref and I after the match Swords then it got dirty Chair and now he's at piece under the green stand RIP

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers on Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:59 pm

Not just the result, but the manner in which it seemingly happened will be very damaging for morale.

Does anyone who was there feel that Hinckley were always going to find a way back? Was it inevitable that Reds would let it slip? Is it a case that confidence is so fragile they've forgotten how to win?

On the bright side, Redditch still have several big games to get points from teams around them... Stafford to come twice, Eastwood, Gloucester, Gainsborough, Hyde all at the Valley. Need to break the winless streak though, must be a big psychological barrier for such a young squad.
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:47 pm

For what it's worth, Hinckley pissed all over us second half (after our 2-0 lead), even if we had 10 men we should still be holding onto a 2-0 lead.
Today the ref wasn't the best, especially when it cost us a losing goal, but you can't use that as an excuse for throwing away a 2-0 lead.
After we went 2-0 up, Hinckley took the p*ss, I'm sorry but even with a man less we should be holding onto that scoreline Vs a fellow struggling team at home.
Take nothing away from hicnkley, they battled well and earnt their 3 points, we were very static at the back.
Maximum credit to Jemiah, if it weren't for him we would have lost this game at least 5-2. He was outstanding today filling in for Dormand. Even an established keeper would have struggled to pull off some of the saves Jemiah did today! He was quality, and fully deserved the Red's M.O.M.

In a nut shell, we should have won this game but failed to put it to bed. Hinckley battled well, played proper football (yes we joked about HOOF, but we were just as guilty, if not worse.) but they deserved their result. Feel free to disagree....

Attendance was sh*t, support from Cedar Road was top - as always!

Stay positive, it's still early'ish.

Blyth didn't deserve to lose 2-1, they were 1-0 up and and we pulled it back. Take the bad with the good and vice-versa, it's the same for everyone in this league.

Keep the faith! UTR!!

"£9 - and you still don't sing!!" Tut

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:33 pm

I thought after 2-1 we would start to fade, which we did, our heads drop after every goal we concede, and it makes it all the more harder to get a goal back... bad habits that we need to lose! Shocked

Their last 2 goals came in the 90 and 93rd minute... Something isn't right there... we can't defend a goal for 6 minutes?! Head against wall

Still, great support from the Cedar Road, but the numbers aren't going to get any bigger and it'll be hard to make noise with the same usual 8-10 that are there every week... so we need ideas to generate atmosphere at least!! :dance:

Can't fault the effort of the players though.

Just hope we can get something in the coming games.

It can't be good for the players to lose week in week out, so i don't think relegation is something to be feared, even if we win 3 next season, it's one more than we've won so far this season.

When times get hard, keep the faith!! Red Army bounce :dance:
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:37 pm

Dormond mistake was schoolboy and with a ball coming through with no player in 10 yards of him was an absolute howler. If anything this was the defining moment in the game. Jemiah Richards was brilliant again in goal.

We lost the game though in midfield again. Too many times late in the 2nd half Hinckley were allowed possession 30 yards from goal without being closed down and they kept knocking at the door.

The referee had no choice in the sending off and got it spot on. Dormond's reaction by dropping his shorts showed how much of a shocker he had. Schoolboy. The officials were not that bad. OK the ref didn't give a few fouls but was consistent to both teams. We have to stop blaming the officials, that is just being bad losers.

Fair play to Hinckley, they never gave it up and deserve a lot of credit for winning the game. I personally believe we need Warmer back to be like a terrier in midfield, Dyer IMO was one of the reasons we lost that game in the last 10 mins by giving the ball away then playing up front Head against wall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:31 am

The ref was an absolute joke. Hinckley Hoofers were very poor. Gutted. Cant say anymore Sad Sad
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers on Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:00 am

Got to say, agree with Dormand's red, his reaction suggests it was outside the box; the lad was gaining on the ball but he still had time to kick it out, moment of madness there.

The free kick for the winner was poor, no one took control, the wall and the 'keeper are covering the same area of the goal leaving the far corner totally open, didn't need any pace on the ball to leave Jemiah stranded.

Seems a lack of confidence lead to a lack of concentration. Let's hope for better tomorrow.
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:26 am

I'd be suprised if the game was on tomorrow, it's hammered it down all week! And we all seen the state of the pitch Saturday despite Aidy's best efforts.
Hopefully it's on as we need gate receipts and Gainsborough won't want to travel on a Tuesday night. But most of all we need something to do on a Saturday Head against wall

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:00 am

First of I hope the game is on and I think it will, I have seen it a lot worse and still been played on.
Secondly after watching the Hinkley game Highlights I think its quiet clear there was No hand ball and the red card should be appealed, If you pause it you can see he's on the line and turns as he catches. This view is pretty much the lino's view only higher so how the hell he can call it a deliberate hand ball is beyond me, even if he's over slightly there is no way the eye would have caught it.

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers on Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:47 am

Redjeff wrote:Secondly after watching the Hinkley game Highlights I think its quiet clear there was No hand ball and the red card should be appealed, If you pause it you can see he's on the line and turns as he catches.

It's too hard to tell from the video, though if you pause it on 2:01 he's stood on the line with his hands in front of him, it's not relevant where Jimmy, is it's where the ball is when he touches it, the 'whole of the ball over the whole of line' rule counts for this as well I believe.

It was a tight call, I think Jimmy's reaction has swayed the decision against him, he looks guilty the way he turns away, but then that could be dismay if the lino was flagging straight away which I can't see; there is a very credible argument that ref's should just play what they see rather than ref on reaction, but more imortantly now, the evidence there is inconclusive and therefore the club would get nowhere with an appeal, costing money they can't afford.
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:10 am

The pitch was trained on last night, on one half, and it wasn't great!

I spoke to Jimmy Dormand, and he said thee was literally inches in it and he'd have taken a yellow card!

Can't really see it being on tomorrow if i'm honest!

Unless it stays dry.

I Have seen it worse though! :dance: [list][*]
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:52 am

fingers wrote:
Redjeff wrote:Secondly after watching the Hinkley game Highlights I think its quiet clear there was No hand ball and the red card should be appealed, If you pause it you can see he's on the line and turns as he catches.

It's too hard to tell from the video, though if you pause it on 2:01 he's stood on the line with his hands in front of him, it's not relevant where Jimmy, is it's where the ball is when he touches it, the 'whole of the ball over the whole of line' rule counts for this as well I believe.

It was a tight call, I think Jimmy's reaction has swayed the decision against him, he looks guilty the way he turns away, but then that could be dismay if the lino was flagging straight away which I can't see; there is a very credible argument that ref's should just play what they see rather than ref on reaction, but more imortantly now, the evidence there is inconclusive and therefore the club would get nowhere with an appeal, costing money they can't afford.
Yeah its tight! that's my point though, not sure how the ref or lino could have seen it as just in or just out when we are talking couple of inches and they are both down field. I spoke to people(both sets of fans) who were level with the line and they said it was not hand ball, they also said the lino was no where near to call it as it was that close. My opinion is yellow as it did not stop a goal scoring opportunity even if the ball was just over the line. Decisions like that could haunt us at the end of the season.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:57 am

rawlings09 wrote:The pitch was trained on last night, on one half, and it wasn't great!

Can't really see it being on tomorrow if i'm honest!

Unless it stays dry.

I Have seen it worse though! :dance: [list][*]
Its Sunny with a nice breeze at the moment over the Valley, fingers crossed.
I will update on the weather if it changes. Point and laugh Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  alottmentender on Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:02 am

i was right in line with penalty box and dormand was well outside the box and definetly handball,he should have known better and if he wasnt sure he could have kicked it,yes it was muddy but no excuses for handling it.
alottmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top