Does anyone else feel the end is near?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does anyone else feel the end is near?

Post  Guest on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:13 am

It hurts me to say it,but i believe it is,and this is just my opinion.There was plenty of coverage regurding the mess we are in,BBC H&W, Standard even on ceefax it was a chance for the people to come and show they care,they didn't.We have been in several messes over the years,but this is the first time we have taken the action to have a zero budget,so we are now an amateur club in a semi professional league with the expenses that has travelling etc which still needs to be paid.Then add to the fact at half time on sat,all beer pumps covered up apart from 1,and only hoping we can have a refil for tuesday.Even in the dark days of the 1980,s it was not this bad,for me there was just a feeling of impending doom around the ground,and in all my time i have never had that feeling,i hope i'm wrong,but unless things improve dramatically in the next few weeks i fail to see how we can actually finish the season.I'm not being negative it is just how i feel and purely my opinion.It was said to me on saturday,that rufc is like a dying dog,it would be kinder to put it out of it's misery than to see it struggle on,and that come from a loyal fan,and that about sums things up.However we must fight on,and hope we can get up from the biggest set back in the clubs history. Sad

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anyone else feel the end is near?

Post  rawlings09 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:30 am

I think we're down anyway... a loss on tuesday/saturday will confirm that...

Can't see us winning again.

Can't see attendances getting much better.

However! Getting all the negative sh*t out the way!

We can build for next season! Hopefully we'll be in the same league as FC United of Manchester, and Chester FC.. who look set for promotion!

I was talking to an FCUM fan, he said they take up to 1,000 away... to us, they'll bring 600-700!

I Think if we push it at this end, we'll get 1,000... people would turn up just to see FCUM.

I think it's time to accept we are down. But i'll be happy if we go down swinging!

KEEP SUPPORTING! We have nothing to lose now!

BRING ON NEXT SEASON!
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:23 am

If you look logically then yes we are balancing on a ledge, Again though I still think we need to go to the people in order to promote. I don't think the people we would get at the valley (i.e young people) are the sort that read the paper or listen to local radio, many people who do don't get as far as the sports page unless they are involved in a particular sport. Through out the Year there are many events around Redditch like Morton Stanley festival,Cool by the Pool(Batchley),in the Town Centre and Arrow valley, we should be using these events to get us out in the public, collecting and promoting in the Town/tesco/sainsbury etc. (maybe on days when we are playing away but to far to travel). This will be more successful than local press and gives the public a chance to ask questions, find out what's really going on and what we are doing as a club and TRUST to take the club forward.
May I suggest we pick a day before the Glouster game to do a bit of promoting in Town + Volunteers ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:55 am

Rawlings, We will not be in the same league structure as those clubs. We will be relegated to the Zam Southern Premier without a doubt.

Pity we can't stay in the BSN as it is odds on that Halifax will be promoted and they average almost 3k and always take massive support away. Also the likelyhood is that Alfreton will win the league and the next club going up would leave at least Telford, Nunny etc.

Personally going down will also mean a large expense in travelling to places potentially like Truro, Sailsbury, Cambridge etc.

The club itself needs to get organised now, ok the support hasn't improved but why don't the club bite the bullet and invite TRUST to help run things officially? We have ideas and resources to aid this and it would benefit the club, by doing so you have more to offer and get things done. It needs this to happen more IMO to open up income streams.
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:36 am

So we'll go down two leagues?

I Think the TRUST would be happy to help run the club! or at least the commitee that attend meeting, plus the ideas of other TRUST members...
Considering there's literally just Ken that does is... i'd imagine he'd welcome help!

I agree, it does need to happen!

10 heads are better than one!
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  1Youngy1 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:45 am

Completely agree with Joe and He knows i have said this to him for a long time now!!
TRUST in my opinion should be given the opportunity to take the reigns at Redditch United football club ASAP and this is surely the best and only way forward to contain any success and even a future at the club. Shocked
In a realistic world every trust member should be made a official director, and should have a valid opinion at board meetings and considered with the utmost respect this would then allow different roles to become assigned etc for The Rawlings Merchandising?? This then creates a better understanding everyone can potentially bring together more money and also updates on sales and finances.
Very Happy :dance: I would certainly be interested in this
1Youngy1
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=337218575505&set=a.10

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:41 am

rawlings09 wrote:So we'll go down two leagues?

I Think the TRUST would be happy to help run the club! or at least the commitee that attend meeting, plus the ideas of other TRUST members...
Considering there's literally just Ken that does is... i'd imagine he'd welcome help!

I agree, it does need to happen!

10 heads are better than one!

No if we get relegated it will be 1 league, likely almost without a doubt as Fingers as previously stated Zam Prem and not Unibond Prem where Halifax, FCUM, Northwich, Chasetown etc play. If we were to go into Administration then we could be demoted a minimum of 2 leagues or possibly more but the rules have changed recently after the conference debacle with Boston, Northwich, Sailsbury etc.

To be quite honest the Conf Administrators IMO really need to have a long hard look at how they function, they really do make things difficult (eg Redditch going to Workington and Blyth on a Tuesday evening, absolute disgrace that and other clubs have the same, eg Workington going to Gloucester in midweek )

I think if Ken had the TRUST on board with him to be passed initiatives to be progressed it would aid the club so much more so. More people feeling part of the club and working towards 1 goal. I appreciate that he has put a large amount of money into the club and is the one supporting it but some of the ideas that can be thought about and action plans put into place can benefit the overall club and at the end of the day we all have the same goal.
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:45 am

1Youngy1 wrote:Completely agree with Joe and He knows i have said this to him for a long time now!!
TRUST in my opinion should be given the opportunity to take the reigns at Redditch United football club ASAP and this is surely the best and only way forward to contain any success and even a future at the club. Shocked
In a realistic world every trust member should be made a official director, and should have a valid opinion at board meetings and considered with the utmost respect this would then allow different roles to become assigned etc for The Rawlings Merchandising?? This then creates a better understanding everyone can potentially bring together more money and also updates on sales and finances.
Very Happy :dance: I would certainly be interested in this

Sounds good in theory mate but the club is owned by Shareholders and to take on the club TRUST would have to take on the debt and I doubt at the moment we would even be in a position to run the club. What needs to happen is for us to possibly work with the club in its current predicament or buy shares into it so we have a say. Without masses of new members I doubt this would be feasible or would even get voted by its members.

Also there is no way every TRUST member could or would be a Board member, Committee's/Boards are voted in and companies have to have a certain structure (dependant if it PLC, Private etc) to be accountable for running it.
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:54 pm

Not everyone would have to be a board member... We'd need just one or two TRUST members that could take the ideas from meetings to the general meeting... Or... maybe at an AGM... merge it with a TRUST meeting? Very Happy
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top