The clubs debts?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The clubs debts?

Post  del boy on Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:49 pm

How much are our debts? Who are our creditors? What realistic chance have we got of ever paying them off? I’d like to know the answers before I even consider attending another game.

I know it’s none of my business and I have no right to know the answers. Fine, I accept that.

But….. if I’m going to keep spending my £9 to come to games, then spend further money buying a programme and buying a few beers, then I need to know that it’s going to a good cause.

For the last couple of seasons, on the whole, I’ve not really enjoyed coming to watch the Reds. I’ve normally only done so out of stubborn loyalty. At times, it has been a chore dragging myself to the ground! I’ve often found myself clock watching, as if I was at work, wishing that 4.45pm would hurry up so I could go home!!! All that said, I was making my financial contribution to the club; that seemed to be my only reason for still going….my carrot on a stick.

If I continue to attend games, then for the foreseeable future, it looks as though it will be more of the same for me. I’d be only be doing so out of charitable loyalty.

For me, paying £9 to attend games has almost become like making a charitable donation. Would you donate money to a charity, a “good cause”, if you had no idea how it would be spent? The vague, shrouded reason of “debt reduction” isn’t good enough for me anymore. I want to know that my money is going to a good cause….or in this case, a good creditor?

If I’m wrong, then I apologise……..but, are there not directors who want their money back? Are there not directors that have offered personal guarantees on previous club loans? Why do such directors deserve to be paid back? Did they give good loans that were essential for the club? Or did they give reckless loans, which is now why we are where we are today? My biggest concern is that the “debt reduction” policy is not for the good of the club, but for certain individuals only.

Taking the liquidation route, based on the what has happened at other non league clubs, means that theoretically, we could possibly restart almost immediately, debt free and two divisions lower. Lets face it, on our current path and in two seasons, we are going to be two divisions lower anyway! Why not be there debt free as Redditch Town F.C?

As I said earlier, I know that I have no right to know this information. A private message would be appreciated from anyone that knows, but doesn’t want to embarrass the club. I’ve ran out of reasons for supporting the club on the pitch; so I now need a reason to keep supporting the club for off the pitch!
del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The clubs debts?

Post  redsfan on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:01 am

Can't see why a private message, get the facts out in the open.

I'm still going to attend because i like my football but there must still be money coming in I'd also like to know where my moneys going. Is this kids club still going?how much was spent on that?if it's not then sack the person responsible,money down the drain.

redsfan
Midland Combination League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:08 am

redsfan wrote:Can't see why a private message, get the facts out in the open.

I'm still going to attend because i like my football but there must still be money coming in I'd also like to know where my moneys going. Is this kids club still going?how much was spent on that?if it's not then sack the person responsible,money down the drain.
The Kids Club is no longer running.

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:37 am

Reds fan, Del Boy.
Ken is arranging a 'meet the manager' evening with Simon . I'll suggest to him we tag on a fianancial progress bit at the end so you can ask him these questions direct. If you can't attend ask him what you need to know when you see him at the games. If you can't do either PM me and I'll ask him.
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top