Points Deduction?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Points Deduction?

Post  del boy on Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:36 am

There are rumours that we are facing a 3 point deduction for playing two suspended players at St Neots. This coming not long after being kicked out of the BSC for fielding an ineligible player.

Shambolic if true......
del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Points Deduction?

Post  RedJeff on Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:35 am

I'd like to comment here, I'll wait until the great oracle has past judgment first before I quickly copy & paste my wrong thoughts on the matter.
RedJeff
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:24 pm

Senile

Senile

I am sure the new club secretary replacing the old club secretary is not the only club secretary to make this kind of mistake..

For those who have ever completed the admin for a team fully understand how difficult it is.... Twisted Evil

Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedJeff on Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:54 pm

I didn't know we had a new secretary, so assume it's being covered in house. I have nothing but admiration for secretaries, its harder than people think and can be a minefield of rules & paperwork. it is what it is and hopefully makes no difference to the season.
RedJeff
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:58 am

I was making an assumption based on Dave Jones leaving before Christmas..
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy on Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:12 pm

"SOUTHERN Premier promotion hopefuls Redditch United are fearing a points deduction after unknowingly fielding suspended duo Jazz Luckie and Jim Mutton against St Neots Town.

The pair were sent off in the 1-0 defeat at King’s Lynn Town on Saturday, February 6 and were handed three-match bans scheduled to start on February 20.

Redditch, however, claim a problem with the Football Association website meant that both players were not showing up as suspended.

Mutton started against St Neots on February 20 while Luckie came off the bench as Redditch won 3-1 in Cambridgeshire.

The club were only made aware of the bans last Friday ahead of the home win against Hitchin Town and the duo will be back available for Monday’s game against Kettering.

The Reds’ goalless draw at home to leaders Poole Town on Tuesday night left them three points behind the Dolphins with a game in hand heading into the weekend and a points deduction would be a big blow.

Manager Liam McDonald told the Redditch Advertiser: “This is not the fault of anyone of the club, it’s just one of those things.

“Because the game against King’s Lynn was such a shambles, the referee went off injured, we wanted to appeal their sending offs.

“But while the yellow cards came through from that game, there was nothing about James and Jazz on the FA Birmingham County website.

“Apparently there was a system problem at the FA and the suspensions did not appear, so we thought it was absolutely fine to play them against St Neots.

“It meant I had to change the team at short notice for Hitchin. We are talking to the FA and at this stage I don’t know if we’re facing a points deduction or not.”

http://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/southern-league-step-three/15230/redditch-united-fearing-points-deduction/
del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedJeff on Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:13 pm

goodbye 3 points then! The FA rarely back down or admit fault, Enfield Town were in a almost identical situation last year. database showed no ban for a player so he played, realising what may happen Enfield being honest go to FA for advice and were told by FA personnel just to sideline him for two games. they lost out on playoffs after being deducted 3 points and fined! FA said their man had no authority to advise sidelining player and it was still the clubs fault as they should follow the rules and not a list of bans.
(no copies & pastes were used in the making of this reply)
RedJeff
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Mrs Duck Soup

Post  Mrs Moor on Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:35 pm

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy on Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:06 pm

fluff off you sad, sad, sad, loser....
del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedJeff on Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:26 pm

well I doubt he was dancing around the changing rooms about it that's for sure, who would?
it's happened, we have to assume we've lost the points and kick on accordingly.
RedJeff
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kingus on Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:13 pm

Yep - 3 points deducted. That's sh*t.

I still think we can win the playoffs though.
kingus
Midland Combination League

View user profile http://www.oaps.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Moorman on Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:38 am

My sympathy goes to you over losing the 3 points. Moors were very lucky to progress in the Birmingham Senior Cup after you beat us fair and square 2-1. Then your admin let you down when you forfeited the win after it was realised Robbie Thompson Brown had played for both Stratford and you in that competition.

Now your admin has messed up again. Twice in one season is terrible

Solihull Moorman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedJeff on Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:39 am

Solihull Moorman wrote:My sympathy goes to you over losing the 3 points. Moors were very lucky to progress in the Birmingham Senior Cup after you beat us fair and square 2-1. Then your admin let you down when you forfeited the win after it was realised Robbie Thompson Brown had played for both Stratford and you in that competition.

Now your admin has messed up again. Twice in one season is terrible

Firstly no one at the Club has let us down, Mistakes can happen and has happened to much bigger teams than ours. so We have missed out on the BSC! I'm not sure anyone is losing sleep over that one. As far as the other is concerned the whole episode was farcical before we did anything and in my opinion farcical after when you consider which teams are represented on the committee that decides if we are to be further punished or not. its like being tried in court and the victims dad is the judge and the family are jury!
Best season for years, possible playoff's, massive ground improvements, fantastic youth set up and academy, Financially sound and about to kick off our 125th year celebrations, Sympathy is one thing we don't need right now and we definitely are not hung up on what other clubs are doing or not doing.
RedJeff
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Moorman on Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:34 am

OK, sympathy withdrawn.

I admire you for not blaming anybody at the club. I don't think I would be so understanding if the Moors Club Secretary did not advise the Manager he had selected players who were ineligible. Especially twice in the same season. Even if the League Website did not show they were banned for the St Neots game, the rules are clear and it should have been double checked.

It is so tough on the players and manager who won the Cup tie and won the 3 points, then have those achievements taken away through no fault of themselves. I don't know anything about who is on the Committee so cannot comment on that but if Redditch had not fielded ineligible players, then these people you think are bias would not be able to decide your punishment.

I am pleased how well your club is doing and you do get promoted. It could be between you and Leamington, whose fans have been gloating at your misfortune of the 3 points deduction.

Solihull Moorman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Moorman on Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:42 am

Fantastic 5-1 win at Dorchester today. Many congratulations.

Solihull Moorman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedJeff on Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:59 am

Solihull Moorman wrote:Fantastic 5-1 win at Dorchester today. Many congratulations.

Cheers Mate, yes its a fantastic and much needed win with other teams failing to pick up points. I did have a little chuckle when Poole fc had 2 players red carded, especially as they were the most vocal about us being punished to the max. you are correct when you say if we hadn't made the mistake they wouldn't be in a position to rule against us but to have clubs you are in a title fight with being able to rule against us I think is 110% joke shop! even more so when the same said clubs are allowed to go public on their thoughts before any ruling! However we win as a club united and we lose as a club united and I think our players showed that strength yesterday and on other occasions this season, The win is still on the table for us if not the Playoffs. With Many good Friends at the Moors I'm glad to see you guy's are also doing very well (obviously you can stick the BSC! hahaha), lets hope we get a nice pre season at your ground this year. Beer Cheers
RedJeff
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Simesy on Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:40 am

RedJeff wrote:Best season for years, possible playoff's, massive ground improvements, fantastic youth set up and academy, Financially sound and about to kick off our 125th year celebrations, Sympathy is one thing we don't need right now and we definitely are not hung up on what other clubs are doing or not doing.

I note you have big plans for ground improvements. Sadly, it doesn't affect the difficult access to the bar for disabled fans, but the other things seem interesting. Not a fan of plastic pitches per se, but then again neither is the Conference.
Simesy
Sunday League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy on Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:00 pm

Simesy,

https://www.facebook.com/bbcherefordandworcester/videos/1061208737284867/

Early on in the interview, Chris Swan says that a disabled lift will be installed.....presumably between the ground floor and the bar.
del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedJeff on Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:51 am

Simesy wrote:
RedJeff wrote:Best season for years, possible playoff's, massive ground improvements, fantastic youth set up and academy, Financially sound and about to kick off our 125th year celebrations, Sympathy is one thing we don't need right now and we definitely are not hung up on what other clubs are doing or not doing.

I note you have big plans for ground improvements. Sadly, it doesn't affect the difficult access to the bar for disabled fans, but the other things seem interesting. Not a fan of plastic pitches per se, but then again neither is the Conference.

Sadly Back when the clubhouse was built Disability Access was something that was never thought about in great detail nor was it a legal requirement, When Chris Swan first Came to the Club we looked at initial quick fix upgrades to improve facilities and Disabled Access was something we looked at in depth. The first thing we looked at was to improve the stairs but due to the existing structure meant we could only make them wider rather than relocate, because of this installing a stairlift became both impractical and unsafe. We then looked at installing a lift and also went ahead with the upstairs disabled toilet, again due to the structure installing a lift internally proved very difficult and expensive. At the time the idea instead was to have a lift built externally at the far end of the clubhouse, not sure if this is still the case as i have not yet seen the new plans however I did speak to Chris a week ago and he did say a lift was going in. exciting times ahead.
RedJeff
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedJeff on Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:18 am

Solihull Moorman wrote:Fantastic 5-1 win at Dorchester today. Many congratulations.
Congratulations to you guys as well Mate, enjoy Beer Cheers
RedJeff
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor on Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:28 am

RedJeff wrote:

Firstly no one at the Club has let us down, Mistakes can happen and has happened to much bigger teams than ours. so We have missed out on the BSC! I'm not sure anyone is losing sleep over that one. As far as the other is concerned the whole episode was farcical before we did anything and in my opinion farcical after when you consider which teams are represented on the committee that decides if we are to be further punished or not. its like being tried in court and the victims dad is the judge and the family are jury!
Best season for years, possible playoff's, massive ground improvements, fantastic youth set up and academy, Financially sound and about to kick off our 125th year celebrations, Sympathy is one thing we don't need right now and we definitely are not hung up on what other clubs are doing or not doing.    

Come Jeff no one has let us down.

If a player / players are sent off you don't need a web site to tell you they will be banned, poor old Marcus.

Couple of tough games coming up, good luck for the playoffs.

We are Champions you know, Solihull Hoofball Champions of the league and getting the Trophy next week. LOL

You always need a good secretary ............... Smile

Last edited by Mrs Moor on Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Moorman on Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:50 am

Moors are actually getting the trophy on April 23rd, not tomorrow, just in case any Redditch fans are thinking of coming to watch us receive it. Only joking!

Seriously good luck to Redditch for the rest of the season and I hope you get promoted to the National North League ( or could be National South I suppose)

Solihull Moorman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RedJeff on Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:40 am

Mrs Moor wrote:
RedJeff wrote:

Come Jeff no one has let us down.

Who was doing the secretarial duties Mrs Duck, is that why you can't moan.

If a player / players are sent off you don't need a web site to tell you they will be banned, poor old Marcus.

Couple of tough games coming up, good luck for the playoffs.

We are Champions you know, Solihull Hoofball Champions of the league and getting the Trophy next week. LOL

You always need a good secretary ............... Smile

Firstly I'm really happy for the Moors, I have some good friends work there.
Secondly I'm of the opinion that if an honest mistake has been made it's not someone letting us down but rather someone who has made a mistake, I can and do moan at anyone regardless of position as long as i believe there is a need to, On this I don't.
Thirdly I think nearly 5 years of holding the same grudge is remarkable in it's self and also worthy of a trophy Cup
Finally please give Marcus our best wishes scratch
RedJeff
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:34 am

RedJeff wrote:

Thirdly I think nearly 5 years of holding the same grudge is remarkable in it's self and also worthy of a trophy Cup:
He's more committed than some of our regulars the absolute helmet! Point and laugh Crying with laughter lol! Cup Cup Cup
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor on Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:34 pm

rawlings09 wrote:

He's more committed than some of our regulars the absolute helmet! Point and laugh Crying with laughter lol! Cup Cup Cup

I'm more committed than your owners, just think if they had their way you would all be supporting Hereford wanker

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top