Friendlies ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Friendlies ??

Post  Redditch boy on Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:14 pm

Just asking does anyone within the club know of any news on Friendlies for this season ? As I know these are usually planed some time in advanced . Cheers UTR..

Redditch boy
Midland Combination League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Friendlies ??

Post  Bob Marley on Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:25 am

Communication on FB yesterday...no surprises....copy/paste of previous seasons against the usual suspects.

I see Hereford have a friendly against FC United and FC United have a friendly with Benfica.

We have Pershore, Solihull etc etc....Sad Sad Sad
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch boy on Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:55 am

Thanks bob

Redditch boy
Midland Combination League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy on Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:27 pm

A smart idea to play the Worcestershire Senior Cup pre season though! Adds a bit of a competitive edge, should get a few more on the gate who wouldn't usually go (personally I dont attend friendlies unless it's against a team you wouldn't usually see down the valley) and means that there's one less game at the business end of the season. Not sure about a third place play off in a six team competition but there we go...

Who cares if it's the usual suspects, friendlies are for match fitness and team bonding purposes and any gate on top is a bonus.

Couple of questions for Dave as well. 1.) Any idea re full admission price for the upcoming season and 2.) Will there be a new replica shirt to buy this season? I was under the impression that cruise.co.uk only hadca two year deal.

Cheers.

UTR
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:43 pm

Yes..but a friendly against Swindon would have bought a few through the gates after their Wembley exploits?

Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ on Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:10 am

I'm fairly sure that entry prices will remain unaltered. On the replicas I'm not much help I'm afraid. I don't have anything to do with the procurement so I don't know how many will be available for sale in the club shop...sorry.

Re Friendlies - Liam arranges most to suit his build up & training program, I can only assume he is happy with them. On Swindon I would say that would of been near impossible once we complained to the FA & tried to get them fined for an illegal approach of Hylton. The matter of which is still ongoing.
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:44 pm

Pre-season is a good opportunity to get some money in the bank whilst improving fitness.
I don't see the difference between playing Droitwich Spa or playing Swindon Town...the result expectations are the same with more 'pressure' playing a Sunday league side.

Making complaints and waiting achieves nothing....Swindon offered....we should accept....fill the coffers a bit and invest in a goalscorer.
Arbitration is the only way...controlling the morale high ground is short sighted.
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum