Squad for next season

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Squad for next season

Post  Reds11 on Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:27 am

Like others, starting a new thread on what players we hope are with us next season!!!

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Squad for next season

Post  del boy on Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:55 am

Hopefully the vast majority of them will be with us next season!!! If I had to pick one, it would be Sammons....player of the season for me.

I'd be interested to know the average age for our team? Maybe 20 ish? If so, they can only improve year on year.

In goal, defense and midfield, we look decent. It's obvious that our problem position is up front. No disrespect to our current forwards, but they are not yet ready for this level. As young lads, they have got time on their side to improve, but we need some one who can score now. Decent strikers are expensive though, and we can't afford it!
del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch_Reject on Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:55 pm

Sammons is a must, along with the back four in my opinion. Flanagan and Mutton are some of the most consistent players we've had in recent years, and I think keeping them will help build on solid foundations. Carline has also been very good and at his age can only get better.
Redditch_Reject
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  georgebestwestwood on Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:16 am

Well you need look no further than Redditch Utd Reserves for your forward line. Three to watch are Liam Fullerton, George Westwood & Jarrel Hylton.

georgebestwestwood
Sunday League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Reds11 on Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:41 pm

It's important that we keep most of this squad together. We need a striker a proven one at that. The jump from reserves to first team is a big jump. Fullerton played a few games this season and didn't impress me tbh but Hylton has looked decent when played these last few weeks. I'm sure it's going to be an interesting summer.

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch boy on Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:59 am

I think Liam has do well bringing in so good young players ....I personally hope we keep the following players here next season and build around them sammons,carline,spink,maye,jones,scarr, ....the strikers since hyltons departure have been poor to say the least

Redditch boy
Midland Combination League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim on Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:43 pm

I would imagine Liam will want to keep the squad together and retain as many as possible. It's difficult to think of any player surplus to requirements. I would think that Clayton Mcdonald will move on to bigger and better things, he has clearly played at a higher level and strikes me as the sort that we can't afford long term. To be honest I'm not completely sure about Diop. Although he does a decent job of leading the line his finishing from what I've seen of it so far, is pretty woeful.

My biggest concern for next season is that it will be a big anti- climax if we don't start scoring the goals from the off as we did this season. The lads we have up front look pretty useful but one or two of them need to start finding the net if we are to build on this seasons successes. Having seen the last two home games I felt that we should have won both of them three or four nil. Four points and two goals was a pretty poor return for the domination that we enjoyed for long periods in both games.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

jordan jones

Post  tho101 on Fri May 08, 2015 6:32 am

and the 1st player to leave is jordan jones............. signed to go full-time with kidderminster harriers next season, 12 month contract.

tho101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy on Thu May 14, 2015 2:16 pm

According to the local press, that is still just a rumour. That said, Jordan has just had a fantastic season for us. Maybe not the most effective player, but definitely the most consistent in my opinion. Any player that does well deserves the opportunity to play at a higher level. That said, I'm really starting to get pissed off with Kidderminster! We have become their unofficial feeder club. They are the Vulture and we are the vulnerable. A relegation or two... or three will keep them in check!!!
del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch boy on Thu May 14, 2015 11:17 pm

Yes I agree with you on that one Jordan was my personal player of the season too he'll be a big loss to us I'm very surprised at Kidderminster signing Calvin Dinsley tho as I thought he was average at best and not capable of playing any higher .

Redditch boy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim on Fri May 15, 2015 2:16 pm

Looks like Sam Hornby has gone as well, signed for Burton Albion. Agree with Redditch Boy about Calvin, a promising player but I wouldn't have said one of our 'stand out' performers. Another season with us would have benefited him, big jump in standards to go into the Conference.

Our performance last season has put us firmly 'on the radar' of a lot of people. This is partly a good thing because we should be able to attract promising young players because they can see Redditch United as a club capable of developing them for bigger and better things. The downside is that our better players will get picked off by the likes of Kiddy.

I know that money is tight but time to look at putting the better ones on contract because this is going to cost us a lot in the long term.

Jermaine at Swindon, Omari at Cheltenham, Sam at Burton, Jamie , Calvin and possibly Jordan at Kidderminster. I'm very pleased for all of them and it's a massive vote of confidence in the way the club is being run but we haven't made a bloody penny out of it as far as I can see and that is beginning to p*ss me off big time, I dont' know about the rest of you.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ on Fri May 15, 2015 2:57 pm

mattim wrote:
Jermaine at Swindon, Omari at Cheltenham, Sam at Burton, Jamie , Calvin and possibly Jordan at Kidderminster. I'm very pleased for all of them and it's a massive vote of confidence in the way the club is being run but we haven't made a bloody penny out of it as far as I can see and that is beginning to p*ss me off big time, I dont' know about the rest of you.

I understand your frustrations but all but 1 of the players above have left in the close season where a contract unless 2 years or greater, which they are unlikely to sign and which you still have to pay weekly through the summers months when income is limited wouldn't of made a jot of difference except additional tax & NI......that said there is talk of putting a couple of players on a 1 year contract this season.

I think last season we had 3 players from Alvechurch as well as Cadbury Athletic + many others.....how much did we pay for these players?? Very Happy
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim on Sat May 16, 2015 2:57 am

I can fully understand the club's position DJ, I think my frustration is more with the system rather than the club. I think there should be some sort of fixed compensation payment ratified by the FA and the Football League whenever a player moves to a Football League club, even if they are non contract.

It seems to me that Reds were very instrumental in making Jermaine Hylton the player he has become and yet we receive absolutely nothing for a player who may well be playing in the Championship next season. There is a thread on the Southern League fans forum where people from other clubs are arguing the very same thing, having had players taken by league clubs for zilch.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ on Sat May 16, 2015 5:31 am

mattim wrote:I can fully understand the club's position DJ, I think my frustration is more with the system rather than the club. I think there should be some sort of fixed compensation payment ratified by the FA and the Football League whenever a player moves to a Football League club, even if they are non contract.

It seems to me that Reds were very instrumental in making Jermaine Hylton the player he has become and yet we receive absolutely nothing for a player who may well be playing in the Championship next season. There is a thread on the Southern League fans forum where people from other clubs are arguing the very same thing, having had players taken by league clubs for zilch.

Totally agree.....good post!
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch boy on Tue May 19, 2015 10:56 pm

Gents I understand your frustrations !!! this is why contracts are written all over the world not just in football ... It's to prevent you getting ripped off ... I understand the club can not afford to have all players on contract but not to have the better players on contract ... We have all seen what can happen so I guess I'm saying no point in moaning about it . Good news about Liam staying too .

Redditch boy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Thu May 28, 2015 12:00 pm

Dior Angus has signed for Stratford Town
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch boy on Thu May 28, 2015 3:02 pm

Dior was Another who never really cut it for me and don't think he was in our best 11 players from last season . I Hope that the club will keep the fans informed about the players who are resigning for this season lets hope they start speaking to them soon as this may prevent other been poached from other club as they are obviously ahead of us on this front as we have already lost a few

Redditch boy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ on Fri May 29, 2015 5:34 am

Speaking with Liam on Monday he is very happy with the way things are progressing. He has deals in place with a majority of the squad from last season as well as 4 or 5 new players. I cannot yet tell you who has signed because the Southern League only release 'signing on' papers after the AGM which I am attending on Saturday 20th June......teams will then be permitted to sign players for the coming season, so just to clarify that no one is ahead of us at this moment in time.
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch boy on Sat May 30, 2015 12:21 am

Thanks D.J that's Good ....... some new players coming in let's hope these a couple of good one in there .....preferable a goalie, right back ,winger and a striker lol ..

Redditch boy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch boy on Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:47 pm

Striker Daniel Dubidat, who was Bedworth's top scorer with 22 goals last year, and right back Jamie Ashmore have penned deals at the Valley Stadium outfit. On today's advertiser ????

Redditch boy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:58 pm

Dan Scarr has signed for Stour

http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/hackett-gets-a-scarr-39918/
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch boy on Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:45 pm

We will miss scarry he was a good solid young player... He was left out a lot towards the end of the season when Clayton was brought in IMO dan scarr was a better player but that my view .. He will deffo be another big loss . UTR

Redditch boy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:17 am

Will Richards has signed for Redditch (or he has agreed to sign for Redditch). Did well in his previous spells.

I also seen that Jordan Fitzpatrick also left Stour, he would be another good young signing potentially
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Reds11 on Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:59 pm

Redditch boy, you honestly thought Scarr was better than Clayton??!!
Anyway disappointing to see Scarr go as he was good. I hear jimmy is back fit and really like Will.
We are Redditch do we will lose a few players but I'm happy with what we've brought in.
How has Liam managed to get an international keeper??? See the Bristol site and they rave about this lad. I'm can't wait to see him.
Also is Jamie Molyneux staying?? For me he's one of our best players and hope he stays.

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch boy on Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:21 pm

Reds11 the answer to your question is yes !! Clayton was over weight and very slow Very good in the air but for me that's it .. (Would have looked more at home on a nightclub door lol )Hopefully we will not lose any more from last year ,,what we have lost Liam looks to have replaced mostly expecting Sammons as replacing a player of he's quality will be very difficult . Let hope we have a good start and we can build on last season . Agree with your point on Jamie mol too

Redditch boy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top