Redditch United 'cut playing budget to zero' for remainder of the season.

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Redditch United 'cut playing budget to zero' for remainder of the season.

Post  adiy price on Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:42 pm

TRae wrote:Hi all – feeling quite emotional about all this – as I know many of the people on here are too. Everyone is entitled to their opinion – well here’s mine!! I’m going to come down on Ken’s side obviously – so if it appears biased well it probably is!! As Steve has said there is no point in raking over past mistakes and what happened in the past but human nature often means that we apportion blame. I thank the people on here who have appreciated what Ken has done for this club, what he goes through on a daily basis and the fact that everything he has done has been for what he believes is the good of RUFC. Now he isn’t perfect – but unless your name is Mary Poppins then neither is anyone!! Whatever you believe Ken has done in the past is up to you – but I find it incredibly hard to believe he is solely responsible for the financial state of our club!! There were 4 other directors who took over from Pat Cremin with Ken. All five of them vowed to stay together and run the club better than it had been run in the past. This is where opinions come in – some believe they did a good job, others not – could argue that till the cows come home. Ken only became chairman when no one else wanted it. Out of the five directors we now only have two – no one was ‘forced’ out Andy. Everyone has their own mind. It would have been so much easier for us if Ken had walked too – we as a family would have been far better off if he had done. But he didn’t – he stayed – he knows that whatever he does someone will disagree, someone could do better, someone has a better idea of how to run the club, someone would do this/that/ the next thing and RUFC would be the richest, best run club in the country. Without him staying and putting OUR money in on a weekly basis to pay players, bills, bailiffs etc. etc. the club wouldn’t be here. I’ve often read the club isn’t marketed – it’s so easy to criticise when you haven’t done it. Marketing, bringing in investors, fundraising etc. isn’t an easy thing to do but to listen to some on here it would seem all one has to do is snap ones fingers and hey ho here’s a new investor and everything is rosy – oh well I must remember to flag one of the millions who are passing the club waiting to be asked!!! Sorry if I sound sarcastic but it annoys me that some people are of the opinion that Ken has sat and done nothing, tried nothing and has no interest in improving the financial state of the club. If anyone is interested I’d like to point out here that Ken is doing his upmost to run the football club (however badly some people think he does that), hold down a full time job (which supports said football club) and spend a little time at home with his family. We don’t have the luxury of having a chairman who can spend all his time at the club marketing and trying to get new investors – Ken does what he can in the time he has available to the club. The club wasn’t in such a great state when Ken became a director, yes it ‘paid’ its players 3,4,5 times what they have been paid this year – but in reality those players didn’t receive their money in the season they played – again Ken has picked up the pieces from years ago and has slowly paid players and other creditors off. He has taken on ‘debts’ that were nothing to do with him. Some call him an idiot for investing in the club when it clearly was in need of money – well ask yourself if no one did that would we have a football club?? Ken took the decision to live within our means last season – yes that should have been done long ago but many were ‘living the dream’ and he realised that wasn’t viable. All those that criticise, that think it’s easy to turn it all around and run the club more efficiently should come and be a director – put your money in week in week out, give up your family time to work at the club – and then listen to people tell you what a crap job you are doing. Ken has relied on the TRUST in recent weeks and they have been fabulous – it’s not their ‘job’ is sad if that’s what people believe – they are an important part of our future and I hope that Ken can continue to rely on them.
Now to look to the future, we have a club, yes!! We have not fallen into administration; we are still here, fighting. Where we will play next year – who knows!! But wherever it is Ken cannot be successful on his own, same as he cannot be responsible for failing on his own. RUFC needs directors (yes more if we can get them), volunteers, fans paying on the gate, TRUST, wives, girlfriends etc. i.e. a TEAM who are pulling in the same direction for the good of RUFC. Ken’s decision to cut the budget was done after many discussions over a couple of weeks with members of the TRUST and Matt and Snapper. What other choice did he have? It’s no good bemoaning what happened in the past – that’s not going to help. We have a great youth set up, a fantastic hard-core fan base and lots of good ideas on how to raise money. Let’s build upon this and work together.

Thanks again to those people who are supporting Ken in this decision and for your valued support generally. If anyone is still reading this and you haven’t dropped off may I nominate myself for the longest ever post on this forum?? Tracey ha ha beat your longest post already trace only joking :dance: lets just hope everyone sings from the same hymn sheet and we can move onwards and upwards
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:49 pm

Bob Marley wrote:Sorry for wasting my time getting off my arse and doing something....I suppose my letter to the Redditch Advertiser was also a waste of time...will I ever learn? Head against wall
Steve!! You Tosser!!
How dare you step up and do something that could benefit the club!

You'll never learn will you! Nor will the rest of us that do something for the Club that we hold close to our hearts!

Maybe we should all be like all the other memebers of the S.A.D.F.A Brigade!

Just kidding mate! Great idea doing that!

You can't please everyone so don't even try!

Someone will find the negatives out of the positives, but, gladly for us all, for every person that finds the negatives, there's 10 that will find the positives!!

I support Ken! Sorry if i upset anyone for saying that! But in times like these, i'd rather work with the Chairman than bicycle him off!

I trust you'll all be there on saturday?!

I will be! :dance: Cup bounce
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy on Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:52 pm

Tracey, have you even read this thread?!!!

The consensus is that we all know that Ken is not to blame. We all know that our financial problems are deep rooted and have not been created on his watch.

Just because someone dares to suggest how things could have been done better doesn’t mean that they should have their head bitten off.

My suggestion, is be ‘selfish‘! Think about yourselves. You and Ken should put your own family first! Don’t dip into your own pockets to keep the club afloat. If you have nothing to gain from the club continuing to exist, then find the nearest escape exit.
del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TRae on Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:53 pm

Adiy - thats plagiarism - I still hold longest post with all my own work!! lol

TRae
Midland Combination League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman on Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:58 pm

Sorry Tracey. It's 1-1. Nice move Aidy. :dance:
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TRae on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:00 pm

del boy wrote:Tracey, have you even read this thread?!!!

The consensus is that we all know that Ken is not to blame. We all know that our financial problems are deep rooted and have not been created on his watch.

Just because someone dares to suggest how things could have been done better doesn’t mean that they should have their head bitten off.

My suggestion, is be ‘selfish‘! Think about yourselves. You and Ken should put your own family first! Don’t dip into your own pockets to keep the club afloat. If you have nothing to gain from the club continuing to exist, then find the nearest escape exit.

Del boy - yes I've read the thread - many times actually. I do know that many people are supporting Ken, which I believe I acknowledged in my post. Don't believe I bit anyones head off but if you took that then I apologise. Was putting my point of view across thats all. Your opinion is we should walk away - our opinion is we joined RUFC to help and we don't give in easily.

My downfall is that I should take more positives rather than negatives on here - Rawlings you hit the nail on the head when you said for every 1 negative there were 10 postives - I need to remember that
TRae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:04 pm

TRae wrote:Adiy - thats plagiarism - I still hold longest post with all my own work!! lol

that just shows who the school teacher is and whose not i cant even pronanouce plagiarism let alone know what it means and before you start i know i cant spell pronanouce either Embarassed
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:08 pm

Hmmm, I think aidy should have a gold flashing username to celebrate the longest post in the forum's short history scratch ....and to wind up Tracey Wink

Admin

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  TRae on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:17 pm

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:Hmmm, I think aidy should have a gold flashing username to celebrate the longest post in the forum's short history scratch ....and to wind up Tracey Wink

Rules lol makes me the Cup lol Andy
TRae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:25 pm

you're just using your brains now trace a batchley boy beat your longest post just accept it and move on lol Point and laugh
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:27 pm

TRae wrote:
Redditchbluenose86 wrote:Hmmm, I think aidy should have a gold flashing username to celebrate the longest post in the forum's short history scratch ....and to wind up Tracey Wink

Couldn't do a flashing name, so you'll have to make do with pink Point and laugh

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TRae on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:32 pm

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:
TRae wrote:

Couldn't do a flashing name, so you'll have to make do with pink Point and laugh

Very Happy I like pink!! Thank you Andy - feel very honoured

Adiy - won't be beaten lol

See you guys Saturday
TRae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:49 pm

TRae wrote:
del boy wrote:Tracey, have you even read this thread?!!!

Del boy - yes I've read the thread - many times actually. I do know that many people are supporting Ken, which I believe I acknowledged in my post. Don't believe I bit anyones head off but if you took that then I apologise. Was putting my point of view across thats all. Your opinion is we should walk away - our opinion is we joined RUFC to help and we don't give in easily.

My downfall is that I should take more positives rather than negatives on here - Rawlings you hit the nail on the head when you said for every 1 negative there were 10 postives - I need to remember that

Sorry Trae, but to me, it read more like an emotional rant…. more so because of the many, more reasoned posts that you’ve made before.

If you’re a chairman, a chairman’s wife, a director, a manager, a player, a players mum, a players girlfriend or whatever you are….if you choose to read & contribute on a fans forums, then there will inevitably be posts that you may find too personal, hurtful and too close to home. I’m sure we all appreciate your contribution ‘from the inner circle’ but in doing so, you are going to stumble upon opinions that you won’t like.

I appreciate the challenge / not giving in argument. It’s admirable. But to say the same again, please put your family first. Redditch United is not that important, all thing considered.
del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:19 am

And the 'them and us' mentality rears it ugly head again.

When will RUFC AND TRUST finally realise that divided opinion is part of any healthy fanbase? That you can't please everyone all the time? And that people who don't support your ideology should be listened to rather than shot down in flames without a second thought?

Numbers through the gate are dropping like NEVER BEFORE.

This isn't 'typical Redditch apathy' (if so, there would be a steady maintenance to the number of home supporters), this can't be blamed on the recession, Redditch had a hardcore of 300+, even when struggling, that's home fans, not including the away. Many have now gone, the protest is now well and truly over with most of those fans either finding other things to do with their Saturdays or coming back, not that many stay away.

Even now though, the numbers in general continue to drop; everyone is asking 'Why?'

Lets look at the fanbase we had/have, forget new people for a moment, why are we struggling to keep them? Because it's the 'silent majority' that is disappearing, not the angry mob.

Struggling more year on year is one reason not to keep coming, the crowds dropping reduces the atmosphere.

People can clearly see the club is in decline, every time they suggest something different, daring to criticise how things are currently done both RUFC and TRUST go on the defensive. 'Oh right, what do you do to help then?' 'Don't you realise the situation?'

You're bottom of the league, you have no money, you have a ground and a club that is not an appealing place to be and support is dwindling, so what do you do? Criticise the support you do get, GREAT!

I'm especially disappointed in TRUST- the clue should be in the title; SUPPORTERS TRUST, there to represent the views of ALL supporters, not just the ones who nod and agree.

If the 'clique' isn't broken (and trust me, that is how it is perceived now!) you've got no chance.

This isn't a personal criticism against anyone, I admire the hard work that goes on through both organisations to keep RUFC afloat, but the closed minded mentality that shuts out the silent minority and shoots down the few 'dissenters', it's forcing people away!

And before the debate erupts and I get shot down like the rest, I'm not discussing it further on here, because frankly, like many others I feel like I'd be wasting my time.

Rant over! See you all tomorrow.
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:33 am

?
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JBS on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:55 am

fingers wrote:And the 'them and us' mentality rears it ugly head again.

When will RUFC AND TRUST finally realise that divided opinion is part of any healthy fanbase? That you can't please everyone all the time? And that people who don't support your ideology should be listened to rather than shot down in flames without a second thought?

This isn't 'typical Redditch apathy' (if so, there would be a steady maintenance to the number of home supporters), this can't be blamed on the recession, Redditch had a hardcore of 300+, even when struggling, that's home fans, not including the away. Many have now gone, the protest is now well and truly over with most of those fans either finding other things to do with their Saturdays or coming back, not that many stay away.

Even now though, the numbers in general continue to drop; everyone is asking 'Why?'

Lets look at the fanbase we had/have, forget new people for a moment, why are we struggling to keep them? Because it's the 'silent majority' that is disappearing, not the angry mob.

Struggling more year on year is one reason not to keep coming, the crowds dropping reduces the atmosphere.

People can clearly see the club is in decline, every time they suggest something different, daring to criticise how things are currently done both RUFC and TRUST go on the defensive. 'Oh right, what do you do to help then?' 'Don't you realise the situation?'

You're bottom of the league, you have no money, you have a ground and a club that is not an appealing place to be and support is dwindling, so what do you do? Criticise the support you do get, GREAT!

I'm especially disappointed in TRUST- the clue should be in the title; SUPPORTERS TRUST, there to represent the views of ALL supporters, not just the ones who nod and agree.

If the 'clique' isn't broken (and trust me, that is how it is perceived now!) you've got no chance.

This isn't a personal criticism against anyone, I admire the hard work that goes on through both organisations to keep RUFC afloat, but the closed minded mentality that shuts out the silent minority and shoots down the few 'dissenters', it's forcing people away!

And before the debate erupts and I get shot down like the rest, I'm not discussing it further on here, because frankly, like many others I feel like I'd be wasting my time.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts too to be honest.

JBS
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile http://twitter.com/redditch_united

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:42 am

Fingers, whilst I take your points on fans feeling out of the 'clique', I think both parties have valid points.

The 'silent minority' are being driven away, how exactly? If you're silent, you say nothing and therefor there is nothing to criticise/praise/shoot down.

Dissenters - Now if TRUST comes up with an idea to promote a matchday and someone disagrees, then that's fine it's their right to exercise. But if an idea is put across by TRUST and someone pops up and says "nah that's sh*t it won't work", without an explanation or an alternative approach then you can understand why it get's frustrating.
Completely agree with conflicting opinions amongst fans being healthy, that's how issues get sorted (sure I mentioned exact same thing a few weeks back in another post), and I'd rather someone shootdown an idea than silently disagree, as long as they can explain why. They might have experienced something similar crash and burn in the past that we could all learn from, who knows!

And finally, it IS the Supporters Trust. EVERYONE is welcome, and if you're not a member then it does not make your opinion any less valid than anyone else's.
Being a member of TRUST makes you NO better than anyone else in the ground on a Saturday, it's just an extra pledge of support towards the club that people wish to make off their own back.

How can we connect with people that do not wish to be connected with? It's like telling everyone who tries to speak to you to go away, and then moan that no one speaks/listens to you.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SID SNOT on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:45 am

fingers wrote:And the 'them and us' mentality rears it ugly head again.

I totally agree with everything in this post.

We are bottom of the league, our crowds are at an all time low, we have no money, the club is in absolute disarray, someone has f***ed up at some point along the way. If though anyone dares criticise anything to do with the chairman, the players, the management anyone connected with the TRUST/Club go on the defensive, with boring and predictable responses about how much they do and they love the club regardless etc, etc. You can all continue telling each other how great anything and everything to do with the club is, but quite clearly it isn't.

Unfortunately the TRUST was doomed the minute Steve Workman left the UK because he was the brain, and a bloody good brain, behind the whole thing. I would suggest had he remained in this role the club would not be in the situation it is now as I don't think he was a million miles away from implementing a lot of good processes that would have seen us regularly seeing 400+ at homes games and attracting sponsorship interest from local industry. In only the last few weeks I have observed two more vocal members of the TRUST call a linesman at Solihull 'a cheating c***' and sprint to the front of the Cedar Road to offer out the Staylybridge centre half with some very industrial language. Quite a long way from the 'we don't swear, enjoy the game regardless, salt of the earth' feeling that was being promoted at the start of the season.

I personally won't be attending another game this season. There is a definate clique, and to be fair I have absolutely no want to be part of it. This season has been one embarrassment after another and this week has been the final straw for be and I can imagine many others.

SID SNOT
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:47 am

Well said Andy and completely right.

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:11 am

maybe we can have two forums? :dance: :dance: :dance:
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:19 am

There's no rules, and the old forum is still up and running so no one is stopping you.

Of course this would do the club no favours having such a divide amongst the fans, and I for one hope you all stay here. But you're all adults and can make your own decisions Wink

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:21 am

nevergreen wrote:maybe we can have two forums? :dance: :dance: :dance:

Laughing
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:22 am

Maybe set up a thread were everyone can complain about things?!

It'd keep some people happy
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:28 am

Fishing HLAS Smile

chill guys,new forum is better and admin etc here to control the siruation. Just hope it doesn't descend into "it's my ball and all that"
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:31 am

nevergreen wrote: Fishing HLAS Smile

chill guys,new forum is better and admin etc here to control the siruation. Just hope it doesn't descend into "it's my ball and all that"

Jumped straight into the keepnet Laughing

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top