FA Trophy 3Q

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FA Trophy 3Q

Post  RockDJ on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:08 am

Redditch face tricky away tie at Solihull Moors in the 3rd Q round of the Trophy

http://www.thefa.com/fa-trophy/fixtures
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FA Trophy 3Q

Post  Solihull Moorman on Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:19 am

Moors fans are pleased to be playing you in the Cup as have missed the league rivalry since you were, unfortunately, relegated and we no longer met in the league.

Redditch will come to our place, as underdogs, with nothing to lose, and should be an exciting game.

Solihull Moorman
Midland Combination League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:03 am

Hi SM.

Since our CN days when the club was spending money it did not have....the last 3 years have been a reality check to all things RUFC.

It has been a tough road...not everyone is happy...not everyone agreed with us 'living within our means' as this is not the current business model used in football in general over the last 30 years...top level, our level....it's always been about short term success/results and never about long term viability.

Now try convincing fans of Portsmouth, Leeds, Birmingham, Kettering....etc etc etc.

Now we are managing the finances according to the income....ish.
Mr Swan is the 'safety net' by his own admission....but I would say the balance sheet is more level than ever in the history of RUFC...?

This means our resources are very limited.....so the team Liam will field against you guys will be inferior by a huge margin.

Our RUFC heart will predict a win...our RUFC head will tell us a heavy loss...away at a club 4th in the CN and scoring for fun? What chance do we have?

But this is football and anything can happen....but reality tells us anything better than a 3-0 loss will be a good result.

Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Moorman on Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:16 am

Hi BM,

That is interesting to read. With Redditch being Moors ' love to hate' closest rivals, miles wise, I was very disappointed when you left the Northern Conference as it is hard to be rivals if you are not in the same league. Leamington got promoted in 2013 and, although about the same distance in miles as you from us, are a miserable lot and can, in no way, replace you as the Moors main rivals!

I follow your results and know you have not had the best of results for the last 2 seasons but have been pleased to see you are 4th in the league this season and doing much better.

I see Dior Angus, our ex player, who can be excellent at times, has signed for you and if he plays, no doubt, will be keen to play well against the Moors.

Solihull Moorman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor on Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:37 am

Bob Marley wrote:Hi SM.

Since our CN days when the club was spending money it did not have....the last 3 years have been a reality check to all things RUFC.

It has been a tough road...not everyone is happy...not everyone agreed with us 'living within our means' as this is not the current business model used in football in general over the last 30 years...top level, our level....it's always been about short term success/results and never about long term viability.

Now try convincing fans of Portsmouth, Leeds, Birmingham, Kettering....etc etc etc.

Now we are managing the finances according to the income....ish.
Mr Swan is the 'safety net' by his own admission....but I would say the balance sheet is more level than ever in the history of RUFC...?

This means our resources are very limited.....so the team Liam will field against you guys will be inferior by a huge margin.

Our RUFC heart will predict a win...our RUFC head will tell us a heavy loss...away at a club 4th in the CN and scoring for fun? What chance do we have?

But this is football and anything can happen....but reality tells us anything better than a 3-0 loss will be a good result.

Strange post from Bob, it was not so long ago he was endorsing throwing buckets of cash at Hyde & Hendrie and loving the camaraderie and end result, still it's nice to see he has finally come around to my way of thinking.

Only £9.00 when you come to the mighty moors and free parking too, were not so hot in the cup competitions so it should be a real opportunity for you guys.

http://www.solihullmoorsfc.co.uk/news/1176

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:37 am

Buckets of cash?
You make me laugh MM.

Haven't heard from you in a while?...has your personal vendetta faded away?

Have your accusations & criticism of Mr & Mrs Swan not materialized?

Welcome back. Crying with laughter
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:39 am

[/quote]

Strange post from Bob, it was not so long ago he was endorsing throwing buckets of cash at Hyde & Hendrie and loving the camaraderie and end result, still it's nice to see he has finally come around to my way of thinking.

Only £9.00 when you come to the mighty moors and free parking too, were not so hot in the cup competitions so it should be a real opportunity for you guys.

http://www.solihullmoorsfc.co.uk/news/1176[/quote]

$9 to go to the driving range?...no atmosphere...no character...just that stupid kid dressed up as a robot and the burger guy with dirty hands and fingernails?

Nah.
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Moorman on Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:10 am

$9 to go to the driving range?...no atmosphere...no character...just that stupid kid dressed up as a robot and the burger guy with dirty hands and fingernails?

Nah.[/quote]

Od dear, there seems to be some animosity between BM and MM. What's all that about?

BM, you should try the driving range again as is looking much smarter since Autotech became our sponsors. The robot boy has long departed and the burger guy now has very clean hands and fingernails. In fact, his burgers are much praised by the fans of opposing team.

I agree the position of the ground between Land Rover and Birmingham Airport is bad but the pitch is in first class and we are doing our best to improve the atmosphere.  I hope you change your mind and come on the 29th. You might miss a Redditch win just to save £9!

Solihull Moorman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:36 am

Bob Marley wrote:Buckets of cash?
You make me laugh MM.

Haven't heard from you in a while?...has your personal vendetta faded away?

Have your accusations & criticism of Mr & Mrs Swan not materialized?

Welcome back. Crying with laughter

I don't think I accused the Ducks of anything Bob, although I was very critical that's hardly a vendetta. They were obviously reading my posts and followed my advise and just look how it's worked out, one thinks you just can't find it in your heart to admit I was 100% right and you were a little misguided. All they need to do now is keep the manager and help him get promotion, can't wait to get you back in the CN.

By the way the Burger guy is a Redditch supporter who lives in Redditch and just like "moorman" I have to admit his food wins praises from most people, he also does the Blues opposite the Bus station.

The last time I was at Redditch I could not sit in the cracked seats in the main stand they kept pinching my bum so I went and sat in the builders scaffolding behind the goal. Our ground is looking great at the moment and all for £9.00 a game. I suppose some owners talk a good game and others deliver.

All the best Bob, hope to see you soon.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:39 am

P.S.

We OWN our ground, who owns yours ........................ Embarassed Embarassed

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

FA Trophy

Post  BigWolf on Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:51 am

Moors fan in peace here , I just wanted to say that us Moors fans are really looking forward to this fixture & hope you are to. Since your last visits to us our ground has changed very much in a short space of time with the help of new investment & fans volunteering their services. The pitch is one of the best in Non-League or even higher I must add, the Burger van does fantastically well & no complaints at all. The Clubhouse offers everyone a warm & friendly welcome, so we hope you guys can make it over in good numbers because it should be a cracking match with a good atmosphere to boot. Our form in Cup competitions has been poor recently & anything can happen in a one off derby game so may the best team win on the day. Cup

BigWolf
Sunday League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Moorman on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:47 am

Well said, Big Wolf. That sums up the Moors set up today compared to the one Bob Marley remembers.

When BM said he was not happy to pay £9, as an adult, at the Moors, I was interested to see how much less Redditch charged. And found they charge £10 for adults and £6 (Ours is £5) for concessions. So we are £1 less expensive to see teams in an higher division.

Good luck to Redditch on November 25th in the Birmingham Senior Cup at Leamington. Hope you beat them. And win promotion.

Solihull Moorman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:24 pm

Yes..the Solihoof burger guy....

We had him moonlighting at the Reds for half a season or so under the previous regime.

I saw him take a leak...not wash his hands...then go and flip burgers, take the cash, cut the next bread roll, put the processed cheese slice on and then go back for another leak....lovely.

Tip: the state of a guy's finger nails is a representation on how they treat their ladies.....go figure.

MM - you know the council own the land....don't ask stupid questions to make a point...I thought you were better than that?

Yes the Moor Green & Solihull Borough combined ground is much, much better than what we could ever dream of.....but at least the Reds are still playing at the same ground for many years (my 1st visit to the Valley was in 1974).....where were Solihoof Bores in 1974?....

Yes, the Valley is a sh*t tip..agreed...$10 is too much for our level of football...agreed...

MM - so you did not accuse the 'Ducks; of anything? was I dreaming? are you high?
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy on Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:51 pm

Just to make a few points...

1) I'm glad that The Valley Stadium is council owned. If owned privately, it would have been sold for housing years ago.

2) As for the burger flipper, when you eat out, you know the risks, you take your chances!

3) Damson Park is crap.

The parking is good, the access is easy and convenient and the pitch is absolutely fantastic. But despite all that, the actual ground is dull. Maybe it's improved since I last went? The only good thing I can remember is the driving range terrace, which although small, could generate a decent atmosphere. I see it has now been ruined by being filled with seats! Why!!!?

Anyway, looking forward to the game, should be a good turnout!!
del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

FA Trophy

Post  BigWolf on Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:00 pm

Just to sum up whatever you think of our ground it would be good if you ALL could come and support YOUR team because if we can get the right atmosphere that day it should be a cracking cup tie for all to enjoy. Beer Cheers

BigWolf
Sunday League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Moorman on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:11 pm

[quote="del boy"]

The parking is good, the access is easy and convenient and the pitch is absolutely fantastic. But despite all that, the actual ground is dull. Maybe it's improved since I last went? The only good thing I can remember is the driving range terrace, which although small, could generate a decent atmosphere. I see it has now been ruined by being filled with seats! Why!!!?

/quote]

I think the seats were put in because, at the end of 2011, when Matt Smith was thumping in the goals, we had a vague chance of getting in the play offs. It was something about you had to have a certain numbers of seats, either to take part in the playoffs or be in the Premier Conference,  so the seats were put in. There is still a small standing area that end. I agree standing, under a roof, generates  a much better atmosphere. The opposite open end is crap for that. And the ground is dull but we think it is getting less and less duller!

Solihull Moorman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:30 am

There is no hiding from the fact it is a golf range and it is Solihoof Motors regardless!

The pitch is always top quality whenever I visit, on par with Stratford's in the local area.
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

FA Trophy

Post  BigWolf on Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:09 pm

Rather have a crap ground but watch a decent level of Conference North football every other week so why not join us next week to see what you are missing.Point and laugh

BigWolf
Sunday League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim on Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:18 pm

BigWolf wrote:Rather have a crap ground but watch a decent level of Conference North football every other week so why not join us next week to see what you are missing.Point and laugh  

Well I'd say we're quite happy with what we're watching at the moment thank you very much. Third in the table, Southern Prem's best goalscoring record, player (Jermaine Hylton) joint second in the leading scorers charts, young eager team playing some great football. Would be great to get promoted back to CN but I think we are all enjoying this season even if we don't go up.

Best thing about promotion would be a few more 'tasty' games such as Moors, Worcester, Leamington, Tamworth etc. These games and a few more such as Boston and Stockport would give a bit more spice and bring in a lot more punters IMO.

Although enjoying life in the Southern Prem it does lack local interest, the likes of Arlesey, Paulton and Biggleswade frankly offer no great attraction to the good people of Redditch. I'm confident that if we did go up our attendances would improve significantly.

Anyway let's all enjoy the moment. We are doing well, Moors are doing well and it is set to be one of this season's more interesting games so yes, get yourselves up to Damson Park !

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:41 am

Not sure if promotion would do us any good at all...except maybe to keep Liam and the current players for a little longer.

How can we pay for it? Not sure what the gate money is as a proportion to the total outgoings these days...less than 50%?

We need the facelift of the Valley if a move is out of the question....the stigma of the ground is still a major block so the development of the 4G pitch to allow as many games as possible to increase revenue.

If you take a look around the 'unused' areas of the Valley...its still a sh*t hole...most people want a decent surrounding these days to watch their football...it has to be changed.

We will lose against the Bores....the step up is a big one...especially for young players... let's hope they don't steal some of our young stars.
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Moorman on Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:03 pm

Solihoof Motors and now Solihull Bores. We don't mind the the disrespectful names. Sinking to calling us names must mean we are pissing people off by winning too often!

Solihull Moorman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim on Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:26 pm

Solihull Moorman wrote:Solihoof Motors and now Solihull Bores. We don't mind the the disrespectful names. Sinking to calling us names must mean we are pissing people off by winning too often!

Don't take it personally, Leethall calls us Redshite on the non league forum !

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy on Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:43 pm

Bob Marley wrote:

How can we pay for it? Not sure what the gate money is as a proportion to the total outgoings these days...less than 50%?  

I'm sure that Chris Swan said it was only 10% in a recent article in one of the local rags. I've had a quick look for a link, but can't find one.

Bob Marley wrote: If you take a look around the 'unused' areas of the Valley...its still a sh*t hole...most people want a decent surrounding these days to watch their football...it has to be changed.

Many football fans are armchair fans. The surroundings they want is a comfy armchair, a Sky Sports subscription, a remote control, widescreen TV and easy access to the fridge. The Premier League gets the majority of its income from TV fans across the world.... from fans who have zero interest in their own local leagues. So what chance have we got?
del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

FA Trophy

Post  BigWolf on Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:02 pm

Solihull Moorman wrote:Solihoof Motors and now Solihull Bores. We don't mind the the disrespectful names. Sinking to calling us names must mean we are pissing people off by winning too often!

Yeah it seems like jealousy to me, hopefully it's all sorted next weekend & hope you guys get promoted so we can do you again. Banana sex

BigWolf
Sunday League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:43 am

I wouldn't say anyone at RUFC is jealous of anything Solihoof....why would we be jealous? of what, exactly?....that you play in the CN and have a flat pitch?

We know what we are....we are the poor relations of the likes of you, Evesham, Stratford, Worcester etc....but we are better off than the likes of Bromsgrove, Hinckley etc etc.

Considering the mis-management of the club since the mid 80's, I think RUFC have a lot to be proud of....we are back from the edge with a half decent facility, a superb youth organization, a fantastic young team, a great manager (all be it not tested) and Directors that understand the financials of running a successful and stable football club, instead of just throwing money at the 1st team thinking that everything else will just follow...

No..jealousy isn't a word I would use...I think we should 'aspire' to what you Bores have achieved...but not jealousy.

We are not going to win the FA Trophy so Saturday means nothing to me.....we are 3rd in the league....that has to be our #1 priority...getting into the play-offs adding more financial resources, helping us to develop more at this level before we can sustain higher grade football.
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top