Uncertain future

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Uncertain future

Post  Guest on Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:33 am

As we have all read in the advertiser the council has refused us permission for a new ground The only thing that surprises me is that Mr Swann our anyone else expected any other decision the council has never backed our club for those of us that remember if it was not for the late Pat Wilson who was the leader of the council in the 1970's we would of been closed down along time ago and since then they have always wanted us out offering us places like dark lane in astwood bank that is why a loyal group of fans in the 80's fought hard to keep us going once again.When the council say they back us they are simply full of crap. I can fully understand Mr Swann's comments and if i was in his postion i would say the same with this council he is banging his head off a brick wall.The council members change over the years but we get the same old response.What chance do we have now in keeping our good players and adding to them at the end of the season i can only see a mass exodus a sad day for our club.Redditch council you are  Full of sh*t 

Back to top Go down

Re: Uncertain future

Post  mattim on Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:50 pm

As one of the loyal group of fans who 'rescued' the club in the early 80's I can fully understand your frustrations Toffeman and I'm sure many others feel the same way but rather than face an uncertain future, surely the future has never looked brighter for a long while. After at least 3 years fighting relegation this season by comparison has been a breeze (once you discount the first few games!).

It's not just that Liam and the other 'bootroom' guys  have turned things round but the way they've done it. Using positive, passing attractive football and using young eager (and in many cases local) players.

I know we don't have much in the way of a playing budget and there is always the chance that some may wish to leave but my impression is that these young lads are keen to play for the manager (and the bootroom team), enjoy the style of play, and appreciate the help and coaching they receive. That may not always make up for lack of money but it counts for a hell of a lot.

I know that winning is all important but I can honestly say that it gives me as much satisfaction and enjoyment to see a young hungry group of lads (many of whom as I say are locally based) playing decent football as it would do to see a more experienced and more expensively assembled squad of players win the league. In fact let me re-phrase that, I would much rather be watching a group of young local lads giving it their all rather than a group of higher paid older guys draining the club's limited funds.

It would be my fervent hope that Redditch United are seen as a 'go to' club for young players of any race creed or colour who want to progress their career, kowing that they have the opportunity to progress from youth to reserves to first team and get themselves noticed.

I don't live in Redditch any more so I don't really have my 'ear to the ground' quite so much but when I happen to mention to people how many teams play in the name of Redditch United, the youth teams, the ladies teams etc they are quite astounded. This will be the way forward for the club and this will be what the council will ignore at their peril.

The future's bright, the future's red !

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor on Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:38 pm

How can you say the council don't back the club when they only charge you £38.00 a week in rent for the whole thing.  Head against wall 

Let's hope the Ducklings back Liam next season and allow the club to grow via performances on the pitch rather than trying to make a fast buck building houses.

Please remind me was it the council or the Ducks who did not want certain information made public on the farce that was.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:29 am

Yes mattim on the field things could not be much better the management and team are something we can be so proud of.  It just worriies me what will happen to our club if Mr Swann deciides to sell who would be willing to take on the club? As for you Mrs Moor you don't have a clue what you are talking about you know nothing of the club and what the council has and has not done for us it is not just about the rent. I could write a book on the history of our club so until you know what you are talking about do me a favour and shut up and don't be a coward and hide behind a computer screen have the guts if you have any to reveal who you are in case you don't know my name it is Dennis Gourley you see i have my opinion and i am not affraid to let you  know who i am. We all have different opinions and we are entitled to that and i respect that but i don't respect a spineless coward like you.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor on Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:24 pm

toffeeman wrote:Yes mattim on the field things could not be much better the management and team are something we can be so proud of.  It just worriies me what will happen to our club if Mr Swann deciides to sell who would be willing to take on the club? As for you Mrs Moor you don't have a clue what you are talking about you know nothing of the club and what the council has and has not done for us it is not just about the rent. I could write a book on the history of our club so until you know what you are talking about do me a favour and shut up and don't be a coward and hide behind a computer screen have the guts if you have any to reveal who you are in case you don't know my name it is Dennis Gourley you see i have my opinion and i am not affraid to let you  know who i am. We all have different opinions and we are entitled to that and i respect that but i don't respect a spineless coward like you.

My god Dennis I think you may have gone a little overboard, why on earth are you calling me a spineless coward. There was a post critical of the council and I pointed out that they only charge you £38.00 a week for your ground all in, cheap as chips and hardly good value for the tax payer. I suggested this was support as one would imagine the going rate would be much higher, don't you think ?.

As I said the only people insisting on hiding anything were the Ducks so going on your logic they too are Spineless Cowards I am sure you would agree. Do you know why they were so insistent on secrecy when it came to the finances of the Valley ?.

I supported your Manager from day one, always have. The same can't be said of your fickle supporters who not so long ago were asking on this very forum if he should be sacked, remember that Dennis ?.

You joined the forum as Toffeman I joined as Mrs Moor, I don't care who you are because one would imagine your book just like you would be a work of fiction rather than fact.

You worry who would take on the club if the Ducks pull the plug, how about the supporters for £38.00 a week i'll even pay the first years rent for you. It seems to be working at Bromsgrove.

Just been onto your official web site Dennis and the Chairman does not seem to have had a thought for nearly Two Years I wonder why Dennis do you know ?.

He does not deserve you.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:34 pm

The potential for a new ground is not a new story....it has been on the cards since the Rossiter era.

The problem is that the council want any potential move to be self funding...and for a club like RUFC, that is impossible..unless a suitable investor is found (which is highly unlikely).

Why should Mr Swan fund any move?...will he see a return on his investment? Highly unlikely.
Why should the council fund any move?...is it in the council interest to spend public money for financial return or to provide facilities and recreational services for the tax payer (who will be funding the move)?

Less than 1% of the Redditch population use the club and the facilities...so you can understand why the council are reluctant to fund the relocation.

The business case shows the move would be self funding if the Valley is built on...but I understand the concern of the council is the stability of the club and what may happen if RUFC fold...who would be the tenants moving forward?

It is time the council backed the club...peppercorn rents blah blah blah...I agree with Dennis...give the town something to be proud of.

This is not the RUFC of old.....
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor on Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:08 pm

Bob Marley wrote:The potential for a new ground is not a new story....it has been on the cards since the Rossiter era.

The problem is that the council want any potential move to be self funding...and for a club like RUFC, that is impossible..unless a suitable investor is found (which is highly unlikely).

Why should Mr Swan fund any move?...will he see a return on his investment? Highly unlikely.
Why should the council fund any move?...is it in the council interest to spend public money for financial return or to provide facilities and recreational services for the tax payer (who will be funding the move)?

Less than 1% of the Redditch population use the club and the facilities...so you can understand why the council are reluctant to fund the relocation.

The business case shows the move would be self funding if the Valley is built on...but I understand the concern of the council is the stability of the club and what may happen if RUFC fold...who would be the tenants moving forward?

It is time the council backed the club...peppercorn rents blah blah blah...I agree with Dennis...give the town something to be proud of.

This is not the RUFC of old.....

Must agree Bob I believe the council have very little faith in the Ducks and the very poor submission hardly helped your cause.

Redditch do have something to be proud of a new manager and a new team, it's up to the Ducks to support the Manager and make sure he remains where he is.

If they don't then I am sure others will, after all Liam is no longer such a gamble he has produced a good side with a shoestring budget.

It can only get better next season.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:33 pm

Why do you continue to slate everything Mr Swan does?

Isn't that the guy that gave Liam the opportunity in the 1st place?

You must have a personal vendetta.... No Head against wall 
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:17 am

Mrs Moor i am sick to death hearing people  like you critising the hard work of everyone from Mr Swann and his family and all the hard working volunteers that keep the club going from day to day and when people like Bob Marley put their ideas forward you do nothing but put them down. When i have not seen a sensible idea from you yet and the council are full of s**t they promise everything and deliver nothing apart from a low rent they have always and will continue to want us out and off their budget they would probably want us to groundshare with studley and then we would come under stratford council and no longer their problem and no i don't  believe i went over the top you have a issue then have the guts to tell the person face to face or at least let people know who you are. I don't have a problem with you i don't know you i just don't like the fact people not having the guts to come forward with who  they are why are you so against letting people know who you are what have you got to hide?yes we are all under different names but we all know who each other are, you have an opinion and like us all are entitled to that.I can assure you my book would not be fiction but pure fact i know the history of Redditch United Football Cub. Dennis

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch_Reject on Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:26 am

I couldn't give a flying f*ck if the Swans aren't telling the whole truth. We were a week away fro going under, they saved us. Enough said.

So what if they leave and we aren't in a finically strong position. There would not be a club to support without them. Huge respect, whatever happens, if there is a club still around if they want to leave.
Redditch_Reject
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:21 am

So a wonderful end to the regular season with the chance of silverware to add the icing...Well done RUFC.

I have been very surprised to see the club finish in the top half of the table...and even more surprised to see the better players staying with the club throughout the season....that hasn't happened for a while.

That must be the influence of Liam and his coaching staff....a huge congratulations to everyone involved.

I saw a FB post thanking Dips...we all know the pitch gets battered and it probably is the most used pitch in our league...so to see it in such good shape with very little resources is fantastic.

From what I see & hear from a distance:
The club is run within it's financial constraints ..bills are paid on time, no whip rounds to pay for team coaches, players are paid.
The bar and food services are better than ever before..clean, more efficient with a warm welcome.
The 1st team has over achieved..young players with a good attitude.
The youth team is growing exponentially and is contributing to the 1st team.
The backroom staff is settled (well done to DJ for his work behind the scenes)

Now the future?

The ship is stable, but we all know the club is still financially supported by Chris & Sallie.
Revenue increase is vital to invest in the team....revenue comes from crowd increase or facilities utilization.

The club is not high enough in the football pyramid to attract new followers...hard fact...so it is always back to the chicken and egg scenario to increase attendances..which is the same subject for nearly all non league club in the country.

So facility utilization is key..the all weather pitch is a must-do...whether that is at a new site or at the Valley.
The pitch needs to work everyday..to provide funds for future team development.

I hope Mr Swan does not give up on the council....
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Thu May 15, 2014 9:25 am

Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down