WE NEED A BIG CROWD V HYDE.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: WE NEED A BIG CROWD V HYDE.

Post  Guest on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:10 am

Excellent points of view here,maybe the Gloucester game is the better option.My only reason for picking Hyde was we desperatley need 3 points and especially against one of our relegation rivals and a big crowd cheering us on might just help to make the difference.At this stage of the season a draw is not alot of use, we must beat our closest rivals.Our by the time we play Gloucester we may already be down,(but let's hope that is not the case)and by this point people wouldn't bother,we are down so what's the point attitude.So let's get as many posters up as possible for Hyde and hope the public get behind us anyway,and set the wheels in motion for the Gloucester game.It is good we can debate issues without having a slanging match at each other,let's keep that going everyone,we can achieve alot more this way.Dennis Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dazza on Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:28 am

Is there a Blues forum similar to this one? Bloke at a recent REDS home game had great day out at the Valley. Blues play on Sunday this wk end, if anyone can post on a Blues forum - who knows?

Dazza
Sunday League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:06 pm

If the 5th of march is what we'll push, i can plater it on reddit and see who would come over for a game! :dance:
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:11 am

Dazza wrote:Is there a Blues forum similar to this one? Bloke at a recent REDS home game had great day out at the Valley. Blues play on Sunday this wk end, if anyone can post on a Blues forum - who knows?

I used to post on the Small Heath Alliance forum so I'll post something nearer the time

Admin

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  redsfan on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:27 am

Bob Marley wrote:Just having a quick browse:

Average league home attendance 2008/9 = 295
2009/10 = 298
2010/11 = 307

OK, Telford and Boston included, but no Boxing Day game and Nuneaton in mid-week?

It is obvious recent attendances are going down, but the average is in line with previous seasons (remember $1 increase this season).

I think it is too short notice to do anything for the Hyde game but I think the $1 game should be planned for Saturday March 5th v Gloucester to give 5 weeks of marketing and advertisement....but well planned and thought out properly (invites to all Sunday league teams, youth teams etc etc etc)

I think the attendance would be around 600 - I would suggest TRUST sponsor the game for $600 (to match the average match day attendance), so no risk to the club.

Thoughts?

05/06 Average 428
06/07 Average 450
07/08 Average 406

What impact has the current economic environment made? Or is it simply down to league position?

redsfan
Midland Combination League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:29 am

Just an idea, but what about a one-off Forces day? Free entry for members of the forces..
Army
Navy
RAF
Marines
Police
Firemen
etc..

I know we've spoken about free entry for everyone, but if this doesn't go ahead then why not try the above along with kids for free, and £5 entry for adults for a one-off game?

Anymore news on the free-entry game?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:51 am

redsfan wrote:

05/06 Average 428
06/07 Average 450
07/08 Average 406

What impact has the current economic environment made? Or is it simply down to league position?

06/07 and 07/08 were relegation battles; both times the club just about avoiding relegation. Indeed, in 06/07 we only avoided relegation because only two clubs went down. In 07/08, we only avoided relegation because Scarborough were deducted 10 points. In 06/07, we had 750 in attendance at home to Barrow in a last day relegation 'must win' game.

These relegation battles were in no way comparable to what we are enduring now. These were also the seasons when the club was still spending big money. I found myself watching some of the most talented players that have ever played for our club. But it wasn’t money well spent.

I think there was a bit of momentum gathered after winning promotion; something of a 'feel good factor' where more locals were interested. Back then, away followings always seemed to be much healthier than they are now. Our average attendances were always boosted by large away followings. That said, we still had a regular core of 300-350 home fans per game; something that has now halved.

The state of the economy is a factor to an extent. I’d suggest it’s a big factor for the smaller away followings recently. For home fans, the club could charge £4 or £5 and I believe it wouldn't make a huge difference to attendances.

The main reason for poor crowds over the years is simple…..apathy from the football fans of Redditch.
del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:37 am

Apathy pretty much sums it up completely.

No one is interested in spending £9 on a Saturday afternoon to watch a lower league football team in a tatty stadium, getting hammered every week and going home miserable.

Despite our best efforts with advertising via newspapers, pubs, Facebook and ticket offers!

However...I still think that although no one cares, people can still be converted easily.

My story - Before Solihull away in the FA Cup last season, I never gave Reds a second thought. Didn't even look out for their results, knew any players or anything!
I followed Blues home & away for years, but one day, all Prem and Championship games were off due to England playing Ukraine which was only viewable over the internet. So me and a few mates looked at what else we could do on the Saturday, and I checked the Red's fixtures (it got that desperate!).
We had a quality day out at the game, and made a day of it in and around Solihull (around 8 of us) and it became a regular thing.
And I haven't looked back since! All it takes is one decent dayout with the Reds (ok scoreline was a bonus).

If we made Saturdays more sociable ie. meeting at a pub before every home game. I think it would help keep new faces as it becomes a ritual.
Every Saturday, around 6/7 of us meet at the Queens Head on the Bromsgrove Road around half 1'ish, and then all walk down to the ground together in time for kick-off.
Lovely looking pub (recent make over), serves home-made cooking, lovely beer, always live football on, pool table and a massive beer garden (ideal for summer!), plus the bar maid is rather special I love you
They've even said if we had a decent amount of regular Red's fans in each Saturday, they'd put on some free food for us!
Could even ask if we could put one of the Redditch flags up outside while we're there for a bit of publicity? And then take it to the ground.

Ideally we could do with starting in the town centre to cause a scene with the flag, fans, shirts etc. amongst the Saturday shoppers/pub goers.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch Events on Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:06 pm

Do the local papers charge for advertising, or is it free, as RUFC is not for profit?

I wonder about getting a full colour page for a game.
Redditch Events
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/redditch

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers on Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:34 pm

Redditch Events wrote:Do the local papers charge for advertising, or is it free, as RUFC is not for profit?

I wonder about getting a full colour page for a game.

Indeed they do charge, not cheap at all to be fair, expensive enough to negate most/all potential benefits unfortunately.

fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:18 am

Worth a go batesy!

All go with Redditch tops, scareves, flags etc Smile :dance:
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/