WE NEED A BIG CROWD V HYDE.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WE NEED A BIG CROWD V HYDE.

Post  Guest on Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:45 am

What can we do to get a big crowd for this game?with them beating nuneaton as it stands we are 9 points a drift and we MUST win this game defeat and we are closer to the dreaded drop.What will help lift the lads is a big vocal crowd,but how do we get them in? i suggest we bring down gate prices for this game ONLY IE ADULTS £6 SENIORS & UNDER 16'S £1.Now you may say we will lose money,but i would not think we are making a profit as it stands,last home gate 181 if we could get 350/400 at these prices it would not make much money,but if we could cheer the lads onto 3 points and that starts a run of wins that keeps us up,it would be worth the risk.I for 1 would still pay full price maybe the hard core could do the same to lessen the impact on the club.What do you all think?

Back to top Go down

Re: WE NEED A BIG CROWD V HYDE.

Post  Leethall on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:36 am

toffeeman wrote:What can we do to get a big crowd for this game?with them beating nuneaton as it stands we are 9 points a drift and we MUST win this game defeat and we are closer to the dreaded drop.What will help lift the lads is a big vocal crowd,but how do we get them in? i suggest we bring down gate prices for this game ONLY IE ADULTS £6 SENIORS & UNDER 16'S £1.Now you may say we will lose money,but i would not think we are making a profit as it stands,last home gate 181 if we could get 350/400 at these prices it would not make much money,but if we could cheer the lads onto 3 points and that starts a run of wins that keeps us up,it would be worth the risk.I for 1 would still pay full price maybe the hard core could do the same to lessen the impact on the club.What do you all think?

Denis argree fully. What with the current climate with VAT increase etc people can't afford many things now and are tightening their purse strings. Fuel has gone through the roof (Thatcher's Britain wanker) and every single other commodity is up in price.

A discount to get a decent crowd in is a top idea but then again the club will argue that they have the same price increases (leccy, Gas etc) so I would doubt they will take a risk in reducing the entrance fee personally as they have more to lose.

What about TRUST subsiding the game in part to showcase the club? study
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:53 am

The Gainsborough game was a flop, even though we had £12 family tickets!

I'm all for getting big crowds in, but I think it's gone past the stage of cheaper tickets, and more into 'I can't be arsed to watch that shower of shite whatever the price'.

Worth a try though.

Admin

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  JBS on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:17 am

http://foreverred.co.uk/test/hydeposter.pdf

Knocked up a poster if anyone wants one to put up/display anywhere...

JBS
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile http://twitter.com/redditch_united

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:40 am

I've printed off some posters and will spread them round.I think it is a good idea for the TRUST to back the game and agree with your comments Andy,but this is a MUST WIN GAME,and for me the last throw of the dice to stay up.If the TRUST does back the game,then maybe the board will take a chance nothing ventured nothing gained.Mind you a win v Nuneaton and Hyde lose on saturday then we won't need any cheap tickets.If anyone can up with any better ideas,or think my idea is stupid please say.Dennis

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:28 am

toffeeman wrote:I've printed off some posters and will spread them round.I think it is a good idea for the TRUST to back the game and agree with your comments Andy,but this is a MUST WIN GAME,and for me the last throw of the dice to stay up.If the TRUST does back the game,then maybe the board will take a chance nothing ventured nothing gained.Mind you a win v Nuneaton and Hyde lose on saturday then we won't need any cheap tickets.If anyone can up with any better ideas,or think my idea is stupid please say.Dennis

I agree Dennis, we haven't really promoted a game (properly) for a long time, and we need to get more people down ASAP.

The Gainsborough game was just an example of the whole apathy of the town towards the club, even with £12 family tickets.

I don't have access to a printer, but if I can get a few copies I'll make sure every pub on the Evesham Road has one on display, and do the usual push via Facebook etc.

JBS - Cracking work on the poster mate!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:34 am

If it was FREE entry...how many do you think we could get?
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers on Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:58 am

Bob Marley wrote:If it was FREE entry...how many do you think we could get?

If marketed right, well over 1000. Especially if it is billed as a relegation six-pointer.

If set up right, with 1000 people there is no need to lose income either, they'd make as much/more much in other areas.

Negate the impact on gate receipts by attrating a sponsor and making sure there is 1000 there to advertise the said company to.

It's a popular idea that is never done that well, get it right, the potential is massive.
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:02 am

Steve,probably not much better than what we get now to be honest,but we must try everything and if it fails it will show the people of Redditch don't want or care about having a football club,and we are banging our heads against a brick wall Head against wall .Bromsgrove Sporting get bigger gates than us,and they play at step 7 in the pyramid system,that must tell us something.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:15 am

toffeeman wrote:
Steve,probably not much better than what we get now to be honest,but we must try everything and if it fails it will show the people of Redditch don't want or care about having a football club,and we are banging our heads against a brick wall Head against wall .Bromsgrove Sporting get bigger gates than us,and they play at step 7 in the pyramid system,that must tell us something.
Free ticket for one game, would it work? Capacity is 5000, If we had a one off ticket printed and say did a hand out day up town/pubs/work/family + if all of us on face book but out a promotion hit to all friends, a trust sponsored add (large) in the paper then I think we could pull off the biggest crowed in years. If we do this we could just have a bucket at the gate for donations, if the game goes well on the pitch I think we could see an increase at future games. I can't think of a better way of promoting the club, maybe see if the players that are pay'd will do the game for free as well thus reducing the loss to the club.Every one will need to get behind this for it to work though.

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:57 am

Free entry would work a treat, but like fingers said, if promoted properly.

Letting people in free would eliminate the "it's too much to watch that crap" excuse or any other financial excuse.

A few teams did a "pay what you like" last season and more than doubled their attendances...

We won't really make a loss... well... we've had 163...

If everyone gets behind it, we'll get over 1,000 there.
cheers Hyper Cup
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  JBS on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:56 am

Would certanly be worth a go. However I think the Hyde game would be too soon to be able to promote it and organise properly tbh, plus the small matter of getting the club to agree to anything.

JBS
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile http://twitter.com/redditch_united

Back to top Go down

Post  arsene on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:25 am

I always thought a "free admission to residents of Redditch" game. That way we'd still get the revenue from the away fans and those of us die-hard supporters could still pay our whack if we felt inclined!
arsene
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:12 pm

what i find incredible is that by mid 2008 the population of Redditch was nearly 80,000 and yet RUFC have struggled to get 200 fans through the gate. We have some how to find a way to get more people through the gates. Yes I am aware that there are many outstanding factors which contribute to the dwindling attendances at the Valley, but if we could get just 1% of the population of Redditch to come and watch us, we would be getting 800 people+ in the ground. The advantages of a crowd like that would be ... well you don't need to tell you what a club like Redditch would/could do with crowds like that. I would love a magic wand and wave it over the Redditch area and make people turn up to watch us, but alas I don't. I am sure like me that you feel that Gards Snapper deserve some luck in a long and hard season. We need to do something and soon Head against wall Head against wall Head against wall
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TRae on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:32 pm

Guys - some of the ideas on here are excellent - nothing ventured nothing gained etc etc. Ken says he would like to discuss more at the TRUST meeting on Monday if possible?
TRae
Midland Combination League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:16 am

JBS wrote:Would certanly be worth a go. However I think the Hyde game would be too soon to be able to promote it and organise properly tbh, plus the small matter of getting the club to agree to anything.
Very good points JBS,if not for Hyde game then another very soon.The only reason for my choice of Hyde is that if results go our way tomorrow we close the gap down to 6 points and a big crowd might just give us the edge and the gap is only 3 points,as we all know a week is along time in football and we would have a realistic chance of staying up.There is alot of if's and but's here i know,but i feel we must take a chance on this because if we go down it will cost us more.We will just have to see what Ken says the final choice must be with him.If the advertiser and standard could give us a good coverage this week reguarding this it might work? and a win over Nuneaton would be a massive bonus,a heavy defeat and no amount of cheap tickets will help.

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:40 am

This promotion wouldn't just benefit this season, it would (hopefully) secure a healthier fanbase for next season too, which ever division we may be competing in.
Seeing as JBS has already worked his magic on the Hyde poster, we might as well put it to good use and get it put around town as much as we can.

If we decide to promote a different home fixture then we should all decide on one game that we'll throw every effort at.

Make the chosen date feel like it's an event not to be missed, and get it drilled into the Redditch public!

Maybe the Race night game?...Kill 2 birds with one stone

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:16 am

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:This promotion wouldn't just benefit this season, it would (hopefully) secure a healthier fanbase for next season too, which ever division we may be competing in.
Seeing as JBS has already worked his magic on the Hyde poster, we might as well put it to good use and get it put around town as much as we can.

If we decide to promote a different home fixture then we should all decide on one game that we'll throw every effort at.

Make the chosen date feel like it's an event not to be missed, and get it drilled into the Redditch public!

Maybe the Race night game?...Kill 2 birds with one stone
Excellent points Andy,it will have to be a joint decision with Ken if he decides it's worth giving it ago.At least we can say we tried everything.

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen on Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:37 am

possible idea?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2011/01/the_99p_football_match.html#282217
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:07 am

I was thinking, would this be the best game to have this reduced/free ticket?

That gives us 5 days to let the whole of Redditch know about the offer... Not enough time to release the full potential i don't think...

Thoughts?
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:12 am

I think we should do this. OK not much time to advertise but get it in the 2 local papers, the website, forums for other leagues/clubs etc and you may be pleansantly surprised.

£1 in for adults with buckets on the gate for donations and I bet people will throw in £5 here and there.
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:15 am

Are we going to do this then?

We'll cover it at tomorrows TRUST meeting :dance:
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:56 pm

Just having a quick browse:

Average league home attendance 2008/9 = 295
2009/10 = 298
2010/11 = 307

OK, Telford and Boston included, but no Boxing Day game and Nuneaton in mid-week?

It is obvious recent attendances are going down, but the average is in line with previous seasons (remember $1 increase this season).

I think it is too short notice to do anything for the Hyde game but I think the $1 game should be planned for Saturday March 5th v Gloucester to give 5 weeks of marketing and advertisement....but well planned and thought out properly (invites to all Sunday league teams, youth teams etc etc etc)

I think the attendance would be around 600 - I would suggest TRUST sponsor the game for $600 (to match the average match day attendance), so no risk to the club.

Thoughts?
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch Events on Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:28 pm

Advertising is like Gambling really. You put £1 here and £10 there, it may work, it may not.

The fans from the web know about the matches, but do the fans at the matches know about the internet pages, including this forum?

Would the club allow free admittance?

If free admittance was permitted, the club could always have a donations bucket(s).
Redditch Events
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/redditch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:25 am

Bob Marley wrote:Just having a quick browse:

Average league home attendance 2008/9 = 295
2009/10 = 298
2010/11 = 307

OK, Telford and Boston included, but no Boxing Day game and Nuneaton in mid-week?

It is obvious recent attendances are going down, but the average is in line with previous seasons (remember $1 increase this season).

I think it is too short notice to do anything for the Hyde game but I think the $1 game should be planned for Saturday March 5th v Gloucester to give 5 weeks of marketing and advertisement....but well planned and thought out properly (invites to all Sunday league teams, youth teams etc etc etc)

I think the attendance would be around 600 - I would suggest TRUST sponsor the game for $600 (to match the average match day attendance), so no risk to the club.

Thoughts?
Yeah that date sounds good, there is nothing worse than rushing through an idea and it not going so well.
I could maybe also get a couple of free bands in on the night and do a lot of promoting for this?(thoughts?)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top