Bedford Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bedford Game

Post  nevergreen on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:54 am

I think it sums up the forum nicely when there's no mention of yesterdays game, who on here stills goes? Place is like a ghost town, made my first visit to the Valley in a while and shocked at how dead the place was.

Danny Edwards made his return to Reds and was the only goal threat all game, from what i gather keeper was dragged from reserves and first goal was down to his poor organisation of defence and ability to collect the ball. A poor goal to conceed. Reds more than matched Bedford for most parts without looking overly dangerous, the 2nd goal mid way through 2nd half knocked all the stuffing out of Reds and we never looked likely to score from there on in. 3rd goal again poor goalkeeping palming out a shot into path of attacker, easy finish.

We huffed and puffed all game without any real penetration i cant say any player didnt give 100%, to simplify it we are just havent got the quality or strength to compete. having time to reflect on the game i honestly think that team would struggle in the league below.

I feel sorry for the fans that go week in week out to pay £10 to watch that would test the most diehard supporter. For me the money isn't a deciding factor tho (if people want to go they'll pay it). Would we get more if it was £6 or £8, no i dont think we would. Is there anything there to encourage supporters to visit?no

I went home and away for the best of last 20 years and only in last 3 due to work have i slipped out of that routine, do i miss going?? not really, and it upsets me to say that but thats how i feel. Has nothing to do with league position or performance, ive seen some utter sh*t over the years and it never put me off.

I went to Kidderminster v Hereford News years day and to see 3600 at non league was great, made to feel welcome in the bar even as 'outsiders' could even see myself going again, i must be going fluffing crazy because i've always hated any other rival.

nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bedford Game

Post  Terrace Guy on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:38 am

Seconded. Depressing crowd, depressing team to watch, depressing paying a tenner for that rubbish when it feels like the club is being left to rot. Many regulars have given up and as much as it pains me to say it i think me and the old man will soon do the same until someone decides they give one about the football side of this football club!
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:54 am

I decided not to go yesterday due to what you have both stated as I knew it would be like that as I have dragged myself to games hoping it would not be and it was.

There is no want on the clubs part to communicate with fans, gather feedback on the match day experience, do anything to promote the club and improve it. It just seems like the owners are happy for this downward spiral to continue.

The Manager does not help as he cannot see the 2 problems he has had for most of the season, getting a top quality keeper and centre forward. It is no good having 2 inexperienced youth keepers playing at this level as frankly they are not good enough. He had a perfectly good keeper in Jake Bedford at the start of the season so when Cooper left he should have tried is hardest to have brought him back.

I am afraid relegation is going to happen IMO.
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:54 am

What's happened to Bradley Catlow? From what I've been hearing, he's been the best player by some margin in the last few weeks - and at Hemel Hempstead, when I last saw Redditch play, he kept a 4-0 defeat from potentially being far worse.

Actually, scratch that, I just saw Justin's post about the reserves' game, so I have my answer.

Last edited by ted striker on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just because!)

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alottmentender on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:12 am

bradley catlow didnt play as he was ill,yes he has been playing really well since he came into the side and seems to be getting better every game in my opinion.
alottmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top