shame shame shame!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

shame shame shame!

Post  blanketyblank on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:20 pm

Stuart Hendri was let go from RUFC because there is no money, the wage bill was cut from £1600 down to £800 per week before christmas (without any paid members being informed). Shame on you Chairman for saying this is not true in this weeks Advertiser and making Stuart Hendri out to be a liar. Relieved to leave this place.

blanketyblank
Sunday League

Posts : 4
Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: shame shame shame!

Post  Bob Marley on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:49 pm

Sleep
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: shame shame shame!

Post  underground on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:22 am

Bob Marley wrote: Sleep
Well that's mature, you always go on about "facts only" so give us some to explain why the above statement is wrong? Unless its true and its making your 'back swan no matter what' posts look positivly foolish in which case carry on with the icons.
avatar
underground
Midland Combination League

Posts : 28
Join date : 2012-09-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: shame shame shame!

Post  Bob Marley on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:34 am

underground wrote:
Bob Marley wrote: Sleep
Well that's mature, you always go on about "facts only" so give us some to explain why the above statement is wrong? Unless its true and its making your 'back swan no matter what' posts look positivly foolish in which case carry on with the icons.

Sleep Sleep
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: shame shame shame!

Post  tho101 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:29 am

Sleep
comments like these to what appears to be avery worthwhile ebate that have made this place a graveyard of local football forums.

its boring....... bore off!!!!!!!!!

no wonder we struggle to get fans in the ground, when we struggle to get fans on a forum from their computer when they bored at work etc.

im very very interested in what our budget is? has been cut by? and im even more intersted to know if the chairman is lying in the media about it?!!!!!!!!!!

tho101
Midland Combination League

Posts : 45
Join date : 2011-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: shame shame shame!

Post  Bob Marley on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:14 am

tho101 wrote: Sleep
comments like these to what appears to be avery worthwhile ebate that have made this place a graveyard of local football forums.

its boring....... bore off!!!!!!!!!

no wonder we struggle to get fans in the ground, when we struggle to get fans on a forum from their computer when they bored at work etc.

im very very interested in what our budget is? has been cut by? and im even more intersted to know if the chairman is lying in the media about it?!!!!!!!!!!

If you was that interested you would go and ask Chris yourself.
Even 'dumber still' can work out with no income, costs have to be cut....
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: shame shame shame!

Post  Leethall on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:47 am

blanketyblank wrote:Stuart Hendri was let go from RUFC because there is no money, the wage bill was cut from £1600 down to £800 per week before christmas (without any paid members being informed). Shame on you Chairman for saying this is not true in this weeks Advertiser and making Stuart Hendri out to be a liar. Relieved to leave this place.

Just an observation here. I believe Redditch have 1 contracted player in Alex Hickmann and hence all other players are non contract so only get paid when they play. No games means no payment of players other than Alex.
avatar
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1845
Location : Village Branch
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: shame shame shame!

Post  oldtommo on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:11 am

And possibly Connor deards mate. But no match officials to pay and very few running costs, floodlights etc. as there have been very few games on recently. I am sure there are still ongoing costs but these must be small compared to wages etc. that would only be paid when we actually play games.
avatar
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 348
Join date : 2012-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: shame shame shame!

Post  Mrs Moor on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:30 am

tho101 wrote: Sleep
comments like these to what appears to be avery worthwhile ebate that have made this place a graveyard of local football forums.

its boring....... bore off!!!!!!!!!

no wonder we struggle to get fans in the ground, when we struggle to get fans on a forum from their computer when they bored at work etc.

im very very interested in what our budget is? has been cut by? and im even more intersted to know if the chairman is lying in the media about it?!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly the forum suffers from very poor moderation, bad news and they lock the forum to members only and dare post anything about the two ugly ducklings they then have to decide if they like it or not, if they do it stays if they don't it's moved.

It's ok to post a vote about removing a manager who has remained loyal by his silence and diligent by his actions. Perhaps if he had some money he could turn things around.

Then on pop's the Ducklings Lap Dog Marley who seems to spend all of his time chasing his tail. He supports Hyde and the Ugly Ducklings throwing 3k a week at his budget, yet moans about Redhead having to work with a tiny percentage of that.

One day he supports throwing money at Hyde and yet the next day he supports the fact Rehead has no money.

What on earth is Ugly Duckling number one talking about in the press, is he really asking people to accept the fact he's short of 15k he's a multi millionare for god's sake. Perhaps someone should ask him how the club has spent 15k with no games and why he can't stump up a few quid untill the weather changes and then he could have it back.

Was it not Swan who showed the groundsman the door, then he moans the pitch is crap.

Time for the Swans to sell the club for a Quid and let the supporters take control, as Swans Puppy Dog always say's take a look at Bromsgrove.


Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 328
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: shame shame shame!

Post  Bob Marley on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:59 am

Mrs Moor wrote:
tho101 wrote: Sleep
comments like these to what appears to be avery worthwhile ebate that have made this place a graveyard of local football forums.

its boring....... bore off!!!!!!!!!

no wonder we struggle to get fans in the ground, when we struggle to get fans on a forum from their computer when they bored at work etc.

im very very interested in what our budget is? has been cut by? and im even more intersted to know if the chairman is lying in the media about it?!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly the forum suffers from very poor moderation, bad news and they lock the forum to members only and dare post anything about the two ugly ducklings they then have to decide if they like it or not, if they do it stays if they don't it's moved.

It's ok to post a vote about removing a manager who has remained loyal by his silence and diligent by his actions. Perhaps if he had some money he could turn things around.

Then on pop's the Ducklings Lap Dog Marley who seems to spend all of his time chasing his tail. He supports Hyde and the Ugly Ducklings throwing 3k a week at his budget, yet moans about Redhead having to work with a tiny percentage of that.

One day he supports throwing money at Hyde and yet the next day he supports the fact Rehead has no money.

What on earth is Ugly Duckling number one talking about in the press, is he really asking people to accept the fact he's short of 15k he's a multi millionare for god's sake. Perhaps someone should ask him how the club has spent 15k with no games and why he can't stump up a few quid untill the weather changes and then he could have it back.

Was it not Swan who showed the groundsman the door, then he moans the pitch is crap.

Time for the Swans to sell the club for a Quid and let the supporters take control, as Swans Puppy Dog always say's take a look at Bromsgrove.


See, MM...you just always deliver.

Wonderful...makes me laugh out loud every time....

How do you think the club pays for travel, electric, gas, water, secretary, postage, telephone, kit cleaning etc etc with no home games?
Are you calling Mr Swan a liar? Good luck on that one.

What has Mr Swan's personal finances got to do with RUFC? Nothing. True supporters (rather than sh*t stirring trolls) do not want money not earned from RUFC put into RUFC...that is what nearly killed our club....remember?

Mr Redhead is not the manager for RUFC...said it the 1st time and still say it now.
Mr Hyde was the right manager for RUFC...said it the 1st time and still say it now.

I told Mr Swan this face to face...he disagreed with me on Mr Redhead...it is his club so I respect his views....as a true supporter, why wouldn't I?

I love you accustations on money spent....makes me laugh out loud everytime.
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: shame shame shame!

Post  Mrs Moor on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:31 pm

Bob Marley wrote:
What has Mr Swan's personal finances got to do with RUFC? Nothing. True supporters (rather than sh*t stirring trolls) do not want money not earned from RUFC put into RUFC...that is what nearly killed our club....remember?

Try reading my post again i said he could have his money back when the club played, he reckons they are only short because of lack of games so put in a few bob untill they play and then take it back.

Bob Marley wrote:Mr Redhead is not the manager for RUFC...said it the 1st time and still say it now.
Mr Hyde was the right manager for RUFC...said it the 1st time and still say it now.

But you supported the Hyde budget and Hyde so you are contradicting your own agrgument (AGAIN). Are you trying to tell us the club can support a 3k budget after all, come on son make your mind up.


Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 328
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: shame shame shame!

Post  Bob Marley on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:30 pm

He said, she said, they said the budget was 3k last year.

Mr Hyde did a great job....admit it.....did well at Boston as well.

Much better than that clown from Rugby & Earlswood.
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: shame shame shame!

Post  Mrs Moor on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:00 pm

Bob Marley wrote:Mr Hyde did a great job....admit it.....did well at Boston as well.

You have changed the subject again, not like you at all.

So Hyde was given a massive budget increase so much so he was signing ex England internationals, he was given the massive increase because he simply did not have the knowledge to operate at this level of football and he was a sure fire bet for relegation.

The current Manager has been working on a lower budget than some Alliance sides and yet his team are only losing by the odd goal, given support i have no doubt he could do better than Hyde at this level and the one below.

The point is that the Ducklings promised so much and have done so very little apart from the fact you now have to pay to park your car.

Why buy a football club and then not support it, the guy's loaded and the club are again facing a third relegation battle under his watch.

The fact that people say you can ask him questions face to face only helps his cause, he never has to go into print and is therefore unacountable. What has happened to his five year plan and why is he fiddling while Rome burns, excuse the pun.

Come on Bob face facts the Ducklings have had you over good and proper.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 328
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: shame shame shame!

Post  tho101 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:46 am

[quote="Bob Marley"]
Mrs Moor wrote:
tho101 wrote:

See, MM...you just always deliver.

Wonderful...makes me laugh out loud every time....

How do you think the club pays for travel, electric, gas, water, secretary, postage, telephone, kit cleaning etc etc with no home games?
Are you calling Mr Swan a liar? Good luck on that one.


Travel.... with no games we have had very little travel for
kit cleaning....... with no game what kit is there to wash?
wages....... only the contract players will get a weekly wage, so therfore very very little paid over the last month in player wages

RUFC manage to cover electric, gas, water, secretary, postage, phone, for three months during the close season without any revenue from games so im sure the fact we had a few games postponed over christamas havent led to a mass shortfall to cover the domestic bills??

I see the club have arranged a fundraiser for saturday night and gave all the fans little more than 48 hours notice, good planning yet again.

I will be honest with you 'bob marley' it is an rufc fan like you that not only puts me off visting the valley more often, but mnay others also. wanker

and you can tell your boyfriend mr swann that is what i called you as well............. prat!

tho101
Midland Combination League

Posts : 45
Join date : 2011-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: shame shame shame!

Post  Bob Marley on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:51 am

Mrs Moor wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:Mr Hyde did a great job....admit it.....did well at Boston as well.

You have changed the subject again, not like you at all.

So Hyde was given a massive budget increase so much so he was signing ex England internationals, he was given the massive increase because he simply did not have the knowledge to operate at this level of football and he was a sure fire bet for relegation.

The current Manager has been working on a lower budget than some Alliance sides and yet his team are only losing by the odd goal, given support i have no doubt he could do better than Hyde at this level and the one below.

The point is that the Ducklings promised so much and have done so very little apart from the fact you now have to pay to park your car.

Why buy a football club and then not support it, the guy's loaded and the club are again facing a third relegation battle under his watch.

The fact that people say you can ask him questions face to face only helps his cause, he never has to go into print and is therefore unacountable. What has happened to his five year plan and why is he fiddling while Rome burns, excuse the pun.

Come on Bob face facts the Ducklings have had you over good and proper.

What a cock.

I dont care about ex England internationals....from the 3 games that I saw with Mr Hyde in charge, the team spirit was in abundance...the togetherness, the work ethic, the teamwork was clear to see...both on and off the field.
The coach journey down to Hitchin, even after defeat, was amazing (if you bump into a true Reds fan who was there) I am sure they will tell you the same.
There was no way that team was going down..yes, Lee Hendrie made a big difference, but the passion between the other guys was so strong....everything that is missing with Mr Redhead's team of today IMO.

Budgets mean tosh to me...you don't need over rated players to have passion, work hard and bring through the best values about our game.
Look at Swansea...do they have the budget of Chelsea?
But they have a plan, they work as a team, they play to their strengths and weaknesses...is that what Mr Redhead's team is doing?

I 100% agree what Mr Swan is doing....I see a youth team stronger than ever before, I see a self funding club working within it's constraints.
Sure, not everything is perfect...most of the activities around the club are carried out by volunteers who have other jobs (like Mr Swan himself)....so instead of writing bullshit on here...if it means that much to you....get off your arse and go and do something for a change!

Or is that asking too much?
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: shame shame shame!

Post  ted striker on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:36 pm

blanketyblank wrote:Stuart Hendri was let go from RUFC because there is no money, the wage bill was cut from £1600 down to £800 per week before christmas (without any paid members being informed). Shame on you Chairman for saying this is not true in this weeks Advertiser and making Stuart Hendri out to be a liar. Relieved to leave this place.
I don't know who you are, but looking back at your previous posts suggests to me that you are, or at least have been until recently, an insider at the club. Would that be a fair assessment? And are you quoting the £1600 and £800 from a position of knowledge, or is it guesswork, speculation, rumour, any or all of the above or something else? (I'm not having a go, I'm just curious. We see so many people on this forum bandying about numbers as "fact", and it becomes impossible to know who is genuinely in the know, and who is just passing on something they heard in the bar, on the terraces, at work, school, in the cells on a Saturday night after a ruck at the Royal Enfield...)

But consider this scenario. Chris Swan and Simon Redhead agree that the budget is not going to change, up or down, but that there needs to be a change of playing personnel in order to freshen things up and ensure that no member of the squad feels that they are too big or important to be let go. Simon decides to release Stuart Hendrie, who - I imagine - would be one of the higher earners among the non-contracted players, in order to release funds for one or two potential new recruits, and rather than just tell him that he's being released because he has no future at the club, Simon agrees with Chris to allow Stuart to leave with the impression that he is the victim of a budget cut, even if he hasn't said so in so many words.

I have no idea if any of the above is close to the truth, it's just my imagination working overtime trying to find a plausible way for all of the parties involved to believe that their own perception of the nature of events is an accurate picture.

Bob Marley wrote:
underground wrote:
Bob Marley wrote: Sleep
Well that's mature, you always go on about "facts only" so give us some to explain why the above statement is wrong? Unless its true and its making your 'back swan no matter what' posts look positivly foolish in which case carry on with the icons.

Sleep Sleep
Quite right, UG. Bob, please stop doing this. I've known you for almost 15 years, and respect you and consider you a friend, which I why I feel I can say this and have it taken in the right spirit - but your dismissal of those who disagree with you with insults and icons is tiresome and disrespectful. I understand that you feel you've tried to engage in debate with these people in the past and they haven't come round to your way of thinking, or have continued to peddle their own agenda, but you're not going to win any friends among new arrivals to the forum with Senile and Nutter and Sleep and wanker . You're a better and more intelligent person than that, and you can win arguments, or at least converts to your cause from among the new arrivals, with reasoned debate far more easily than by belittling your opponents.

Bob Marley wrote:
tho101 wrote:im very very interested in what our budget is? has been cut by? and im even more intersted to know if the chairman is lying in the media about it?!!!!!!!!!!

If you was that interested you would go and ask Chris yourself.
Even 'dumber still' can work out with no income, costs have to be cut....
In this case, tho101 doesn't need to go and ask Chris. Chris has stated in the media that the budget has not been cut. Other people state this to be untrue. It's only natural for someone to be unsure of which side to believe. Going to ask Chris is not going to help - what's Chris going to say? "I lied to the Advertiser, I've slashed the budget, we're f*cked like a cheap whore on Cheddar Road"?

Chris says the budget hasn't been cut. You say that with no income, costs have to be cut. On the face of it, there seems to be a disconnect between Chris's position and yours, although I'm aware that the club has outgoings other than just the playing budget. But as others state in this thread and elsewhere, when you aren't playing, your costs go down as you aren't paying the players, aren't using the floodlights, don't have to pay barstaff, cook food, etc.

Mrs Moor wrote:Sadly the forum suffers from very poor moderation, bad news and they lock the forum to members only and dare post anything about the two ugly ducklings they then have to decide if they like it or not, if they do it stays if they don't it's moved.
To my knowledge, the forum was locked to members only in order to prevent spam messages from Eastern European bots.

Your adaptation of "The Ugly Duckling" (which I actually found witty if gratuitously personally insulting, although you're no Frankie Boyle) was presumably moved to the Boreoff Bin because it adds nothing to the debate about the club, and is designed purely to bait those who are prone to snapping at the flies on the surface.

Mrs Moor wrote:It's ok to post a vote about removing a manager who has remained loyal by his silence and diligent by his actions. Perhaps if he had some money he could turn things around.
Because it's a valid debate to have about a team in the relegation zone. Although I think he should be given a chance, and the club will only look more tinpot with each kneejerk managerial change, I understand that other people have different views on the topic and I think it's important for people to air their grievances with Simon's managerial style and performance - especially those who, unlike me, actually attend matches on a regular basis.

Mrs Moor wrote:Then on pop's the Ducklings Lap Dog Marley who seems to spend all of his time chasing his tail. He supports Hyde and the Ugly Ducklings throwing 3k a week at his budget, yet moans about Redhead having to work with a tiny percentage of that.

One day he supports throwing money at Hyde and yet the next day he supports the fact Rehead has no money.
I can't speak for BM, but maybe Chris is learning from his experience of last season. Yes, the extra money he spent on the team, particularly on the addition of Lee Hendrie, may have made the difference between staying up and not, but 12 months on, maybe he has seen that it's actually not worth it if all that will happen is that the club will defer its relegation battle to the next season?

Mrs Moor wrote:What on earth is Ugly Duckling number one talking about in the press, is he really asking people to accept the fact he's short of 15k he's a multi millionare for god's sake. Perhaps someone should ask him how the club has spent 15k with no games and why he can't stump up a few quid untill the weather changes and then he could have it back.
What Chris is saying is that the club has lost £15k of revenue, not £15k of profit. I'm too lazy to do the maths, so I'm going to accept that number.

And yes, he could - and probably is - continuing to top up the club's finances to cover any shortfall in income, but that will be a very different calculation when the club is not playing, or is playing exclusively or predominantly away matches, from the start of the season when the club is guaranteed a home match pretty much 2 weeks out of 3.

Mrs Moor wrote:Was it not Swan who showed the groundsman the door, then he moans the pitch is crap.
Well, we have just had the wettest year ever recorded in England... and we play at the Valley Stadium... and we aren't blessed with the quality of surface of Damson Park. And even £750m Wembley Stadium has a sh*t surface.

Mrs Moor wrote:Time for the Swans to sell the club for a Quid and let the supporters take control
Because spending upwards of £250k on something, then selling it for a pound, is how he got to be a
Mrs Moor wrote:multi-millionaire

Mrs Moor wrote:as Swans Puppy Dog always say's take a look at Bromsgrove.
A very different case - theirs was a club started from scratch with no debt. We don't have that luxury.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 306
Join date : 2011-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: shame shame shame!

Post  Bob Marley on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:53 pm

You are right TS..you have known me for 15 years.

In that time, you know that I treat people with the respect they deserve.

Writing on a RUFC Supporters Forum (official or unofficial) should at least warrant some degree of support for the football club? Do you agree or not?

You are 100% correct, I am tired of pointing out the facts versus hearsay.
That is why I continue to dismiss immature posts with an immature response.

I spent too many hours of my precious time understanding the plight of RUFC...with data.
You know it...I've shared it with you.
You also know that the budget plan we prepared for Plan B was used by Mr Rea to 'pursuade' Mr Swan to take the club on.
Mr Swan used it as the platform for his planning in the 1st year...our budget was very, very close to the reality....therefore you know better than most the financial requirements to run the club autonomously.
So when I see posts saying Mr Swan doesn't know what he is doing, why would I not defend his position?

I spoke with my brother when I was in the UK over Christmas...he is so excited by the fantastic local youth players he is developing alongside Aaron & Paul...Julian knows more about football than many others involved with RUFC for many years and I trust his footballing knowledge and opinion. What is being built (bottom up) is super exciting...the youth team is contributing financially and feeding great young players onto the fringe of the 1st team....this has NEVER happened at RUFC.

I support RUFC. I don't like the manager....but I don't come on this forum and call him a pratt, a liar and an ugly duckling?

So I take your point TS and will withdraw my opinion from this moment onwards.
avatar
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Posts : 1075
Location : Virginia Beach
Join date : 2011-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: shame shame shame!

Post  ted striker on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:00 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:
What has Mr Swan's personal finances got to do with RUFC? Nothing. True supporters (rather than sh*t stirring trolls) do not want money not earned from RUFC put into RUFC...that is what nearly killed our club....remember?

Try reading my post again i said he could have his money back when the club played, he reckons they are only short because of lack of games so put in a few bob untill they play and then take it back.

Bob Marley wrote:Mr Redhead is not the manager for RUFC...said it the 1st time and still say it now.
Mr Hyde was the right manager for RUFC...said it the 1st time and still say it now.

But you supported the Hyde budget and Hyde so you are contradicting your own agrgument (AGAIN). Are you trying to tell us the club can support a 3k budget after all, come on son make your mind up.
I don't see anything contradictory in what Bob is saying here. Again, I can't speak for him, but if I understand what he's saying, he thinks that Simon Redhead is not the right man to manage the first team, so any amount of money is too much, let alone £3k a week (or whatever the real figure was). On the other hand, Graham Hyde was, in Bob's view, the right man, and therefore it was right, in the short term, to give him the extra funds to attract a player who could raise the quality of the team to the point where they could escape relegation. Seems pretty clear to me.

Mrs Moor wrote:So Hyde was given a massive budget increase so much so he was signing ex England internationals, he was given the massive increase because he simply did not have the knowledge to operate at this level of football and he was a sure fire bet for relegation.
Sure fire bet? I don't have the evidence to hand, but if memory serves, at no time last season were Redditch actually in the relegation zone. (Cue stream of replies proving me wrong.) Yes, we only guaranteed survival on the penultimate weekend, but I don't recall us being in the bottom three ever. Now we're in the bottom two, and in danger of being overhauled by a club with a 10-point penalty. (And I still think Simon deserves our patience.)

Mrs Moor wrote:The current Manager has been working on a lower budget than some Alliance sides and yet his team are only losing by the odd goal, given support i have no doubt he could do better than Hyde at this level and the one below.
Well this really is the crux of the debate, isn't it? Did Chris Swan lack faith in Simon from the outset, fearing a poor season, and give him a limited budget as a result, possibly making his fears somewhat self-fulfilling? Or would we have been in this position regardless of the money spent on the playing squad? Tough to answer, I know, as we can't go back and do it all again.

Mrs Moor wrote:Why buy a football club and then not support it, the guy's loaded and the club are again facing a third relegation battle under his watch.
Technically true, but we were doomed before he took over in 2011, so you can't really pin that one on him. Last season and this, however, are different stories.

Bob Marley wrote:I 100% agree what Mr Swan is doing....I see a youth team stronger than ever before, I see a self funding club working within it's constraints.
The description of the club as "self-funding" is a little bit of a stretch; Chris Swan is putting money in over and above what the club generates in commercial income. Of course, he is a part of the club, and it's clearly far better for the club to have the top-up funds coming from its chairman than from external creditors - consider it sponsorship, if you will.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 306
Join date : 2011-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: shame shame shame!

Post  ted striker on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:06 pm

Bob Marley wrote:So I take your point TS and will withdraw my opinion from this moment onwards.
I really hope you don't do that. I don't agree with everything you say, but I value your opinion which I why I've spent three hours tonight writing responses to it. I just wish you would refrain from expressing it in that specific way, because icons, insults or absence, either way your opponents win.

Bob Marley wrote:Writing on a RUFC Supporters Forum (official or unofficial) should at least warrant some degree of support for the football club? Do you agree or not?
Actually not. I want this to be a forum where fans of all clubs and none are welcome to discuss RUFC-related matters. I don't want anyone to feel that they aren't welcome here just because they support Shelbyville and not Springfield.


Last edited by ted striker on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : One last burst of verbal diarrhoea!)

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 306
Join date : 2011-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: shame shame shame!

Post  Mrs Moor on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:16 pm

Bob Marley wrote:I spoke with my brother when I was in the UK over Christmas...he is so excited by the fantastic local youth players he is developing alongside Aaron & Paul...Julian knows more about football than many others involved with RUFC for many years and I trust his footballing knowledge and opinion. What is being built (bottom up) is super exciting...the youth team is contributing financially and feeding great young players onto the fringe of the 1st team....this has NEVER happened at RUFC.
So I take your point TS and will withdraw my opinion from this moment onwards.

Your under 21's play in the Stratford Alliance and are lying 8th from 11 in a really poor league, you should be ashamed to post such rubbish. Your reserves are really no better off lying 7th from 13 in a slightly better league. Was your brother the chap asking for players on the MFC Website the other day, strange that you say you value his opinion and yet rubbish the very source of his players.

It would probably be an idea to withdraw your opinion because it's cloudy at best and your facts are like a bucket with a hole, they just don't hold water.

You rubbish your team and it's managers passion based on a trip you had with an old manager and his team last season, Of course Hyde's players were happy after their defeat they had just been given 3k to share out. Head against wall

Good luck to the current manager and his players, and shame on you for still supporting the Ducklings penny pinching.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 328
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: shame shame shame!

Post  Terrace Guy on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:09 pm

Ted Striker, take a bow! A reasoned, mature post to try and finally diffuse the BM/MM monstrosity that this forum has become and im sure many members will agree as they've been getting on my tits for a while now....

One point for both..

MM-whats your real agenda? You came on here after Sockett was sacked and have spouted vitriol against every move the chairman makes ever since. I am all for fans of other clubs taking part in debate surrounding Reds but if you are a genuine Moors fan you do spend a heck of a lot of time ensconced in our issues.

BM-Why the childish attitude? I respect you greatly for the work you have done for the club from brokering the deal for Swans takeover, bringing fans together in the dark days and for having a tight moral code. So why the smilies, why the insulting comments to those newbies who differ in opinion? TS has just made a brilliantly reasoned post but instead of respecting this balanced view you respond along the lines of “i wont make another opinion again then“. Like some member of the mothers union flouncing off because the other women have diagreed on her views on pastry making! Im sorry to say it but for those who dont know you and what you have done for Reds you can come across as a twonk on here. One honest person to another mate...

Bottom line.... Both, please end this war... I cant speak for them in any way but ive no doubt the correlation between folk like arsene, rb86, rawlings clan etc barely posting on here anymore (and i include myself in this) is because we know that whatever we put will be swallowed up by you two and turned into another slanging match!


avatar
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Posts : 135
Join date : 2011-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: shame shame shame!

Post  Mrs Moor on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:39 pm

Terrace Guy wrote:Bottom line.... Both, please end this war... I cant speak for them in any way but ive no doubt the correlation between folk like arsene, rb86, rawlings clan etc barely posting on here anymore (and i include myself in this) is because we know that whatever we put will be swallowed up by you two and turned into another slanging match!

Bottom line Terrace Guy is that i don't swallow!

I only started posting again this week and the forum has been dead for months, i suspect the reason people don't post is the same as why they don't go to watch the team.

You were taken over by a Multi Millionaire who promised a five year plan and promotions, instead you have had three relegation battles and as many Managers what do you want me to post about him.

I come on to talk about your club as i have an interest and know some people involved in the club, if thats a problem don't read my posts.

Get behind the current manager and his players instead of worrying about my posts, if you don't like Bob and i having a natter then don't read the posts. Coming on taking some kind of moral high ground is pathetic i don't recall ever responding to anything you have posted in the past Head against wall

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Posts : 328
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: shame shame shame!

Post  laughable on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:19 am

Mrs moor -You don’t give a sh*t about Redditch and find every way on here to try and stir what I can only call a pile of sh*t. You know f**k all about the club. And every piece I have read is garbage.

in terms of youth Redditch have an under 18s top of the league in the mid-week floodlit. Have under 21s with 6 games in hand of the leaders the only reason they are as low as they are in the league with the average age of players been 17 and Redditch reserves under a new manager have won 4 out of the last 6 games again with games in hand in the league


laughable
Sunday League

Posts : 2
Join date : 2013-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: shame shame shame!

Post  laughable on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:31 am

I as much as any other fan was very vey disappointed with the loss this weekend and not like most of you that just comment i attend each game but in terms of the original post that Mr swan is a liar forgive me if I am wrong that was pretty much the same team that played in all games over last couple of months and with stu leaving and D Edwards coming in don’t sound like a budget cut to me.

laughable
Sunday League

Posts : 2
Join date : 2013-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: shame shame shame!

Post  Leethall on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:56 am

laughable wrote: I as much as any other fan was very vey disappointed with the loss this weekend and not like most of you that just comment i attend each game but in terms of the original post that Mr swan is a liar forgive me if I am wrong that was pretty much the same team that played in all games over last couple of months and with stu leaving and D Edwards coming in don’t sound like a budget cut to me.

Well done, you are entitled to your opinion like everybody else is. I think you will find that a vast majority have not called Mr Swan a liar or gone on about a budget cut. I for one just think that the Manager has not dealt with 2 key positions in the team, 1 having an experienced competent keeper and 2 a goalscoring centre forward. Danny Edwards is a left winger and is not the answer to our goalscoring problems but will be an asset on the wing.
avatar
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Posts : 1845
Location : Village Branch
Join date : 2011-01-04

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: shame shame shame!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum