IF we were....................

View previous topic View next topic Go down

IF we were....................

Post  in2thevalley on Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:30 am

If we were to be relegated from the Blue Square North, do we Know what league we would be playing in next season.
I say If because it might not happen and we could stay up. ( I am an optimist..... the glass is always half full )
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IF we were....................

Post  Leethall on Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:36 am

in2thevalley wrote:If we were to be relegated from the Blue Square North, do we Know what league we would be playing in next season.
I say If because it might not happen and we could stay up. ( I am an optimist..... the glass is always half full )

As Fingers (or Statto) has previously stated it is more than likely we would be in the Zameretto Premier League. eg the one Evesham play in Head against wall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:51 am

I still fail to see why staying in a league where we get beat EVERY week, get attendances like 181, 148, 163 and play on the lowest Budget in the league and have no interest outside the hardcore 150 is a good idea?! Shocked

Yeah we might not win many in the league but we might win some? And people might take a bit more interest if we weren't bottom of the league.. who knows.
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:09 am

rawlings09 wrote:I still fail to see why staying in a league where we get beat EVERY week, get attendances like 181, 148, 163 and play on the lowest Budget in the league and have no interest outside the hardcore 150 is a good idea?! Shocked

Yeah we might not win many in the league but we might win some? And people might take a bit more interest if we weren't bottom of the league.. who knows.

As previously stated we get money for playing in this league. If as the aim was that debt was to be cut and the club put on a sound footing then we should be able to then compete.

When we get relegated and go into the Zam Prem we are going to be in the same boat and I would say that most of the clubs in that league currently have a far greater budget than we do and we are likely to be towards the bottom of that league.

Then if we get relegated again we keep on going that way similar to Bromsgrove did.

I doubt that relegation will bring any more fans through the door. Unfortunately we do not have a good following as debated so many time previously. The way it needs to be done is to get more people to join the Supporters club, eg TRUST and try and get a model that brings more people to watch the team. Bromosgrove Sporting are getting regular 300+ crowds and say what you like they have a hardcore of support and that is what we need to do. Regulars need to contine to watch the club and even getting more and more new people to watch the games is a challenge and 1 that is difficult as we keep losing.

One thing about Staly is that although they are full time they are playing young lads mainly complimented by a few older heads. In reality this will pay off for them as if they unearth a diamond player and sell them on it will provide a decent payback. In my view that is a good model for a club.
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:17 am

Leethall wrote:
rawlings09 wrote:I still fail to see why staying in a league where we get beat EVERY week, get attendances like 181, 148, 163 and play on the lowest Budget in the league and have no interest outside the hardcore 150 is a good idea?! Shocked

As previously stated we get money for playing in this league. If as the aim was that debt was to be cut and the club put on a sound footing then we should be able to then compete.

Where is this money? I don't really think it's helping as we are still in debt?

Out playing budget was based on gates of 200... at least 3 times we've had less...

The idea of a TRUST member bringing a mate for free would work i think! :dance:
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:19 am

I agree with you Lee...the problem is always players contracts.

With the mistakes of the past, Ken made a decision not to have any player on contract this season. DL was on $300+/ week, play or not play...the club could never afford this and this is part of the reason where we are today.
The reality is, if we can not afford the player anymore, without contract, the scenario is very quick and cheap. Even if the contract is for $50, we have to pay it. The club can not afford to commit to any financial contract at the moment...frustrating, but the reality.

The most frustrated guy in the world when a player leaves us with no transfer fee is Ken Rae...but what do you do? Dancer, Blairy....the list goes on.

Ken's pot is empty...he and Tracey continue to fund the club weekly just to keep it going and should be applauded for the investment they have made in our club over the years..let's be clear..they have been alone doing this for some time...do we know of another club with only 1 active Director?

The mathematics are quite simple...the playing budget for this season was based on attendances of 200...we are now falling way below that figure.
Running costs and debt provision was from all other revenue..league contributions, bar takings, kids club...we know where we are with these.

During plan B project, we projected annual expenses of $61k (basic, FIXED expenses).
Travel: 22 games (ish) @ $400 = $8,800
Playing budget: $900/week = $3,600/month x 9 (Aug>Apr) = $32,400
Officials: 22 games (ish) @ $150 = $3,300
Laundry: 44 games (ish) @ $50 = $2,200
Electric: $800/month x 9 (Aug>Apr) = $7,200
Oil (gas): $200/month x 9 = $1,800
Ground rent: $200/month x 12 = $2,400
Rates: $200/month x 12 = $2,400

In the absence of a balance sheet, we can only predict these expenses..but based on what we know, this was our projection.

Now, our main income is league contributions, team sponsorship and gate receipts.
As Tracey informs us, the league contributions this year are c$14k.
New College sponsorship is what, $10k?
Leaving us $36k to be made up from gate receipts...divided by 22 games (ish) = $1650 per game divided by average headcount admission ($7?) = 230 people / game.

So, to break even on BASIC expense, we need 230 people / game paying average $7 each..this with a playing budget of $900/week.

On top of this expense, Ken is trying to pay exisitng creditors and we already are seeing a shortfall on the BASIC expense...I am sure we have other expenses not considered in above (waste removal etc) but those balanced with other income (TRUST support etc), so not considered.

The bottom line; with attendances not at 230, the club is not viable to continue with this level of expense.
The only variable in the expense is the playing budget...we have to pay travel, electric etc...so to continue, we have to cut again the playing budget...harsh, but fact.

The harsh reality is the business must be aligned to continue with the playing expenses and continue to pay creditors...balanced with the income.
From my outside knowledge and not being aware of all debt agreements, I do not know how this can be done?....unless we operate on a zero playing budget!

I am still not sure relegation will help us? Immediately we lose the league contribution and a club sponsor value will reduce...c$14k cut from income before we start!!

My advice to the Directors:
Create a 'United for Redditch' working group to replace the 'Board'.
Get everyone round the table who has RUFC in their hearts....Tim, Darren, Claire, Adi P, Dave R, Pete D, Adi L, Kimbo, Pete T, Andy, Justin, Rachel, Dave J, Jeff, Shane, Brian K, Dennis, Mike S, Gards, Snapper etc.
Have a transparent and open presentation of the club's finances...100% clarity...to then calmly build the 'back to budget' roadmap...Ken can not do it alone, but with 20 people around the table, more becomes achievable.

We need to have a clear plan on income improvement, with targets to help input the balance sheet:
Take the existing ideas and based on the resources available, build a realistic roadmap: tenant for next season, activity calendar, advertsing boards, summer concert, Christmas raffle etc...less being more, but focused on the best return on investment as resources are limited.
Then based on projected income, build the expense..remembering the only flexible expense is travel (using own cars/minibus etc) and playing budget.

The result will be 20 people with clear objectives, achievable targets and a clear playing budget understood by everyone with RUFC in their hearts...including the coaching staff.

My idea would also invite the council to be part of the 'United for Redditch' team...I honestly believe the only reason they do not 'help' us is because they do not understand our situation clearly and the only time we talk to them is when we are trying to explain why we have not paid....include a member of the council in the monthly meeting and send them our balance sheet, so they are involved and understand with data and not blah, blah, blah. This can only improve our relationship.

In the absence of a large investor, this is the only way forward for me if we want to run the business out of it's current financial mess....it will take several years, but step by step, the situation will improve and with a solid financial base, the club can start to build bottom up and be secure for many years to come.

As always, I am available to help as much as I can.

Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:21 am

Sorry...forgot to mention the Rawlings massive...
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:31 am

Bob Marley wrote:Sorry...forgot to mention the Rawlings massive...
Oh.. thanks for remembering us Steve :dance:

I was beginning to think you forgot us wanker

JUUUST KIDDING Very Happy

Great plan! Any chance of making it happen?! :dance:
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:51 am

Bob Marley wrote:Sorry...forgot to mention the Rawlings massive...

Thanks for the belated mention Thought you had forgotten us Sad Sad Sad Sad
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers on Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:23 am

in2thevalley wrote:If we were to be relegated from the Blue Square North, do we Know what league we would be playing in next season.

This is what I posted to a similar question recently mate;

No mate, 99% certain it will be the Zamaretto Premier, the border for Evostik (Northern)/Zamaretto (Southern) lies in right on the northern edge of the West Midlands, Hednesford are in the Zamaretto, Chasetown are in the Evostik, and I think Hednesford are north of Chasetown but when Chase went up last year they just did it to keep both clubs within their current structures.

Either way, its well north of Redditch; it would need the Evostik Premier to have a major shortfall of teams coming into it that are north of us to replace the six outgoing clubs- All clubs from their two first divisions (below) are north of us, so whoever comes up, there's four, anyone other than Worcester or Gloucester with Redditch, there's the fifth, there will probably be a 'knock on' reprieve for the fourth bottom team because of Ilkeston, there's your sixth, then you have Hednesford to move north before us and depending on how the east/west line shifts, possibly Cambridge City, Stourbridge and Halesowen.

Besides, Redditch would be better off in the Zamaretto (than the Evostik); true, you lose out on FCUM, FC Halifax, Chester, but while there is some travelling there is also some local interest, dependent on who goes up/down/shifts across you could have Stourbridge, Halesowen, Leamington, Evesham, even Banbury, those would capture the imgination of Redditch people more, thus not having to rely on one-off big gates from 3 teams, but no home fans, as the closest thing to a derby they'd have is Chasetown.
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:57 am

cheers fingers cheers cheers cheers
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:26 am

fingers wrote:

This is what I posted to a similar question recently mate;

No mate, 99% certain it will be the Zamaretto Premier, the border for Evostik (Northern)/Zamaretto (Southern) lies in right on the northern edge of the West Midlands, Hednesford are in the Zamaretto, Chasetown are in the Evostik, and I think Hednesford are north of Chasetown but when Chase went up last year they just did it to keep both clubs within their current structures.

Either way, its well north of Redditch; it would need the Evostik Premier to have a major shortfall of teams coming into it that are north of us to replace the six outgoing clubs- All clubs from their two first divisions (below) are north of us, so whoever comes up, there's four, anyone other than Worcester or Gloucester with Redditch, there's the fifth, there will probably be a 'knock on' reprieve for the fourth bottom team because of Ilkeston, there's your sixth, then you have Hednesford to move north before us and depending on how the east/west line shifts, possibly Cambridge City, Stourbridge and Halesowen.

Besides, Redditch would be better off in the Zamaretto (than the Evostik); true, you lose out on FCUM, FC Halifax, Chester, but while there is some travelling there is also some local interest, dependent on who goes up/down/shifts across you could have Stourbridge, Halesowen, Leamington, Evesham, even Banbury, those would capture the imgination of Redditch people more, thus not having to rely on one-off big gates from 3 teams, but no home fans, as the closest thing to a derby they'd have is Chasetown.

Chasetown eh??? Isnt gary hay playing for them??????? Still can not believe the open goal he missed aginst tamworth a few seasons ago Head against wall I could go and visit the parental units in Lichfield after the game Very Happy Very Happy
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers on Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:47 am

Indeed he is, as was David Bridgwater last I heard. Richard Teesdale also signed for the Reds but never played a game, lured by more cash at Hednesford at the time.
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum