time for fans feedback

View previous topic View next topic Go down

time for fans feedback

Post  underground on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:18 am

It is worrying to hear those who are die hards say im not going to the game,cant be bothered or lost interest and that the club seems to be as troubled off the pitch as it is on it, so i have two questions.
Which regulars/die hards will not be going to todays game? And what are you real opinions/feelings about the club and how it is run?
please be as honest and frank as you can so the club is in no doubt of the current climate.
underground
Midland Combination League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: time for fans feedback

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:54 am

I can't pin point the reason for my dip in enthusiasm, but it just seems like nothing is changing for the better.
We finished strong last season and I had big hopes for the new season and felt that we had a solid foundation in place to continue where we left off. But it feels like one step forward and 2 steps back.
I know the arrival Lee Hendrie had a huge influence on performances, and I completely respect that we could not afford to fund his wage every week.
We hear a lot of positive ongoings down the club but nothing ever seems to come of it.

Personally, I think the only way to strike up fresh interest would be a complete reboot of the club's image.
A new stadium (something similar to Evesham's). A nice simple tidy ground, decent pitch, fresh facilities and room for potential for expansion building (ie.3G pitch).
The Valley is just a boring and depressing place to be, especially when paying £10.
I'm pretty sure Evesham's ground was given to the people of Evesham and can not be bought/sold/used as equity?

Look at Studley for example. They're bar is used as a local to many and is very rarely empty due to local teams using their facilities and having a drink afterwards.

I know this is easier said than done when it's not my money, and is probably impossible to implement but I feel this is the only way.

That said, I'll be there today.

Admin

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:12 am

I wouldn't say my enthusiasm to attend matches has been strongly weakened, as I always look forward in a sense to attending matches. However, one thing I really do miss at the moment is the atmosphere amongst the fans!
This season I haven't been able to attend many matches due to work commitments but I have been shocked in the decline in enthusiasm at the club and amoungst fans. I have not seen our core base of supporters singing and standing together probably since I watched us play Bedworth back in August. I couldn't make the Nantwich game but I heard we had decent support then and it started to crumble from there onwards. This is probably why my exitement to attended matches has decreased because the Valley just feels a lonely place at the moment and no one is having a laugh.
For support and away days last season it was my favourite so far ,the games at Evesham and Totton were incredible regardless of results. This is the most worrying problem right now is that our fans enthusiasm has been lost at games and the atmosphere has totally been lost. Some of my mates used to love coming down purely because of this and when my uni mates came up with me for the Totton game they were shocked by how much we sang all game despite only drawing 0-0 and they loved it and they then became interested in the non league game. Therefore, we will not attract any more fans down the Valley with the current atmosphere and the club needs to sort something out to get the fans back and interested. Everything just seems amateur in recent weeks and after visiting other non league grounds this season it seems like we are lacking in most areas compared to them.
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:40 am

I won't be there today as i can't get there, plus i'll save myself a tenner for a night out Wink

Something is missing this season, and i think that getting redhead in was a big step backwards for the club, but it doesn't matter at all because he'll probably be sacked at the end of the season, if indeed he lasts that long, and we'll bring in some other has been who can work on a shoe string budget and it'll be the same story for the third season in a row.

I don't think you can have sustainability and success in the same sentence, for me, it's either or. Average players, no appreciation, sh*t ground, dwindling attendances and having to pay to park will keep many away for a long time i think!
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:42 am

I could not make yesterday due to a birthday and a trip into Birmingham to the German Market then on into town. What I will say is that my enthusiasm to attend games has got to the point where I just can't be arsed, this fits into what I feel the club think about its fans.

£10 to watch game in game out is IMO to much money and I will go as far as saying if we are paying certain players I do not see the total effort being put in. You cannot fault players like Hands, Moran, Richards, Charlton, Flanaghan and the likes as they do game in game out. If all of the players had the same enthusiasm and will to win as Kim Casey has on the touch line they would go far.

When Mr Swan took over the club he stated the playing budget would be set based on 250 paying customers through the gates, we currently have an average of 197 which is below this target. What really frustrates me was that at the beginning of last season you actually felt like a customer who the club wanted to return. This season it is though the club don't give a sh*t about whether you attend a game, return for the next or do not bother coming again.

The atmosphere at games has definitely disappeared and the club can also be blamed partly here in respect of the stewards who are now in place. I take you back to the Leamington game and the incident with a long standing Reds fan and his son who were in the Allotment End cheering on Redditch whilst the Leamington fans were doing likewise. The so called Reds Steward (his first game) decided to give it the big in and have this chap and his sons ejected from the ground. Jog on jobsworth this is non league football where fans mix between one another and have banter but this is a typical observation that this season has seen a lot of long standing people depart the club in various capacities.

I love to watch non league football and I will be spending more of my hard earned money to go and see different games at different levels of the pyramid.
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:47 am

Leethall wrote: I take you back to the Leamington game and the incident with a long standing Reds fan and his son who were in the Allotment End cheering on Redditch whilst the Leamington fans were doing likewise. The so called Reds Steward (his first game) decided to give it the big in and have this chap and his sons ejected from the ground. Jog on jobsworth this is non league football where fans mix between one another and have banter but this is a typical observation that this season has seen a lot of long standing people depart the club in various capacities.

That is an absolute joke, was the steward held to task for this?
I tell you what, you're better off with no stewards than some of the doughnuts who end up stewarding at non league games!!!
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:28 am

Any feedback from the fans feedback???

Last edited by allotmentender on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Put exclamation marks instead of question marks!!!)
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:08 am

allotmentender wrote:
Leethall wrote: I take you back to the Leamington game and the incident with a long standing Reds fan and his son who were in the Allotment End cheering on Redditch whilst the Leamington fans were doing likewise. The so called Reds Steward (his first game) decided to give it the big in and have this chap and his sons ejected from the ground. Jog on jobsworth this is non league football where fans mix between one another and have banter but this is a typical observation that this season has seen a lot of long standing people depart the club in various capacities.

I tell you what, you're better off with no stewards than some of the doughnuts who end up stewarding at non league games!!!

As far as I am aware the steward apologised eventually and I believe the club were made aware of this. Not sure anything was actually done as he is still a steward but not sure I have seen so called fella at a game since but that may be because I have not seen him.

Don't think there is any reason to have any stewards as we hardly get any fans through the gate Very Happy
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:34 pm

Leethall wrote:
allotmentender wrote:

As far as I am aware the steward apologised eventually and I believe the club were made aware of this. Not sure anything was actually done as he is still a steward but not sure I have seen so called fella at a game since but that may be because I have not seen him.

Don't think there is any reason to have any stewards as we hardly get any fans through the gate Very Happy

I was disgusted by what had happened with steward and incident with the father and son, and having spoke to them,it was clear that they were upset over the incident, and Yes the club were made fully aware of the incident..
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top