Mark Danks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mark Danks

Post  LathamDan on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:14 am

In the advertiser this week says mark danks and stringfellow have both been released is this true ?????

LathamDan
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Danks

Post  Tim_S on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:24 am

Yep, on the RUFC website
The Next Match of the Season is at home – make sure you are there to see the REDS in action this Saturday, 13th October 2012 in the Evo-Stik League. The REDS will be taking on AFC Totton at The Valley – kick off 3.00pm. Changes to the squad include releasing Mark Danks and Aaron Stringfellow. Midfielder Stuart Hendrie, who played a key part in United’s relegation battle last season, has returned after a spell at Stourbridge, while midfielder Mark Hands joined from Studley and right-back Gary Moran has also signed from Rugby Town. The Club has also drafted in Joel Grandison. Don’s miss the action.
Tim_S
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:21 am

If he had been sourced a partner to play off then he would have scored a lot of goals Shocked
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:19 am

Has signed for Evesham.

Still baffled that he was got rid when it was obvious what the problem has been, he has not had a suitable partner and Dovey is not the answer and neither is Deards playing up front.

If he had an Ian Ormondroyd/Peter Crouch esq partner then he would have scored some serious goals with Deards and Hendrie on the flanks.
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:28 am

Personally I never saw it in him, kept hearing how he would get 25 goals and didn't believe it. He's gone down a league now so we will see, if he proves me wrong and scores a load for the carrot crunchers I will be the 1st to say I was wrong about him!
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:57 am

The problem is that so much depends on the service (and, for that matter, the surface). If they signed him thinking he was a target man for a hoofball plan, then clearly that was a bad signing. If the management wanted to play it into his feet, then it was poor execution of the plan, and maybe they decided it would be easier to change him than the other nine outfield players around him. But from what I remember (and I should add at this point that I haven't seen Redditch play since probably Leamington away last season), Mark Danks was a good footballer for this level and, given the chances, would indeed get a healthy tally of goals. But if he's not scoring in the team we have around him, he's a drain on the budget, not necessarily through any fault of his own, just by circumstance, so it makes sense to release him.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top