REDDITCH Xl vs M1 (celebrity team)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

REDDITCH Xl vs M1 (celebrity team)

Post  RUFC on Mon May 28, 2012 12:50 am

CELEBRITY FOOTBALL MATCH
TICKETS NOW ON SALE AT THE VALLEY STADIUM OFFICE (call 01527 67450) OR GO TO THE EVENT WEB PAGE AT http://redditchvcharityfootballteam.webplus.net

ADULTS £10
CHILDREN (UNDER 14'S) £6.95
FAMILY £25

A target of £50.000 has been set by event organisers in what is set to be a packed out Valley Stadium on the 26th of August 2012. A large crowd of 5000 people is hoped to attend the event to help raise money and awareness for local and national charities.

Do you want to be part of the biggest event Redditch has ever had?? Well now you can on the 26th August 2012.

We are hosting a star studded charity football event which will see a whole host of your favourite celebrities and ex footballers from the M1 Charity football team come to the Valley stadium to battle it out against a Redditch United XI in a bid to raise huge amounts of cash for lots of worthwhile charities.

With gates opening from 12.00pm and the game not kicking of till 3.00pm Have the opportunity to get know you your favourite stars better by taking to them up close and personal as well having autographs and photos taken with your favourites.

Buy your tickets now to be in with an opportunity to win prizes such as VIP Guests for the whole weekend or even walk out with the players.
For more info go to http://redditchvcharityfootballteam.webplus.net

RUFC
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: REDDITCH Xl vs M1 (celebrity team)

Post  kingfisher on Mon May 28, 2012 10:49 am

lets hope redditch gets behind the event and help some good causes

kingfisher
Midland Combination League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Mon May 28, 2012 4:54 pm

I applaud this idea and all for a great cause.

However, I think the club makes itself look a little stupid saying 5000 people will turn up.....5000 wouldn't turn up if it was free!

The club will be lucky if 500 show up but I hope I am completely wrong.....

Good luck to everyone involved.
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender on Mon May 28, 2012 11:20 pm

Bob Marley wrote:I applaud this idea and all for a great cause.

However, I think the club makes itself look a little stupid saying 5000 people will turn up.....5000 wouldn't turn up if it was free!

I have to agree with that!!!
Also, I don't think it's right to say that it's the biggest event Redditch has ever had!!!!

Goodluck with it anyway Wink
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RUFC on Mon May 28, 2012 11:56 pm

guy's if you read the piece again you will find it says event organisers hope to...... RUFC are the hosts and have nothing to do with organising, numbers, there web site etc so please retracted the "Club look stupid" please. we would love there to be as many people as possible and that's it.

RUFC
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Tue May 29, 2012 6:43 am

RUFC wrote:

guy's if you read the piece again you will find it says event organisers hope to...... RUFC are the hosts and have nothing to do with organising, numbers, there web site etc so please retracted the "Club look stupid" please. we would love there to be as many people as possible and that's it.

OK. but please be realistic.
Quoting 5000 is ridiculous.
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommo on Tue May 29, 2012 12:39 pm

I do think this is a great idea and really hope there is a brilliant turnout. But ive said from the start the numbers being talked about were unrealistic.
I presume there will be some advertisement because everyone ive spoke to (bar reds fans) haven't heard anything about it.

this my 1st season can anyone tell me what the ground is like with big attendances?
its been a nightmare this season over 400 mark
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch_Reject on Tue May 29, 2012 12:57 pm

Last big attendance I can remember was against Kettering when it was about 1100. And it was absolutley packed. Even if they sell 5000 tickets I can't see anywhere near that fitting them in.
Redditch_Reject
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kingfisher on Wed May 30, 2012 6:58 am

allotmentender wrote:

I have to agree with that!!!
Also, I don't think it's right to say that it's the biggest event Redditch has ever had!!!!

Goodluck with it anyway Wink

Remember its is not just about the charity game it about everything happening on the day. including the under 12s who get to perform before the main game in front of a crowd as well as other groups who get to perform in the intervals. New family’s coming through the gate that have not been before. 5000 is really is a high number and your probably right an impossibility, but even if 1000 people come through the door it will be a success. its the same as anything you need support or it won’t work. Tickets are selling I have brought mine for me and my family the question is have you brought yours?

kingfisher
Midland Combination League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender on Wed May 30, 2012 1:16 pm

It's great that the club are involved in this, and maybe us doubters (over the attendance) have put the challenge out there to get 5,000 through the gates Wink

Goodluck with it Wink
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top