New Manager, New Budget...........

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Manager, New Budget...........

Post  Mrs Moor on Tue May 01, 2012 4:54 am

Well Swan has played his ace and quite a few loyal supporters have been made to look very silly indeed. I don’t think for one minute Swan’s main interest at Redditch United is football and sooner or later the Ugly bloke and his mate across the pond will wake up and smell the coffee.

However the new budget is out in the open and a new manager is required (again). Trigger15 obviously knows his stuff and has made some great calls but I still think the budget is too low for some of those names to leave their current positions and let’s be honest Swan is getting a bit of a reputation.

I still think there are quality local youngsters available who will play for the chance and not the money, not all players need money some players still play for the club or the Manager.

I would bet anyone that a management team like Paul Smith and Kevin Rowly could take a £1500 a game budget and finish top ten in this league without a problem.

The under 21’s need more focus and the club needs local people with local knowledge. With a bigger budget a bigger name with a wider net can be cast but with £1500 a game to play with local is best. I would also imagine the budget went up a few quid the moment Hyde walked out of the door, will his salary be given to the pot for next season.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Manager, New Budget...........

Post  Trigger15 on Tue May 01, 2012 5:37 am

The budget is all relative Mrs Moor.

£1500 for playing staff is below average for the league we are in but if you tell the new manager at the start of the season that your annual budget is £60k (£1500 x 40 weeks) and allow him to manage that amount you could have a £2k budget for the first 3 months and have a go at getting the crowds back via a good run in the FA cup and Trophy etc etc. If after 3 months we are challenging its then up to Mr Swan how he decides to play it.

Also is the management team wages etc part of the weekly amount ?

Trigger15
Midland Combination League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Tue May 01, 2012 7:26 am

Mrs Moor wrote:Well Swan has played his ace and quite a few loyal supporters have been made to look very silly indeed. I don’t think for one minute Swan’s main interest at Redditch United is football and sooner or later the Ugly bloke and his mate across the pond will wake up and smell the coffee.

However the new budget is out in the open and a new manager is required (again). Trigger15 obviously knows his stuff and has made some great calls but I still think the budget is too low for some of those names to leave their current positions and let’s be honest Swan is getting a bit of a reputation.

I still think there are quality local youngsters available who will play for the chance and not the money, not all players need money some players still play for the club or the Manager.

I would bet anyone that a management team like Paul Smith and Kevin Rowly could take a £1500 a game budget and finish top ten in this league without a problem.

By the way, none of my firneds are ugly....babe magnets us.... Banana sex
The under 21’s need more focus and the club needs local people with local knowledge. With a bigger budget a bigger name with a wider net can be cast but with £1500 a game to play with local is best. I would also imagine the budget went up a few quid the moment Hyde walked out of the door, will his salary be given to the pot for next season.

Are you on medication MM?
What time do you have to be in at night?

Rowly and Smudger? are you trying to wind people up.

Neither has managed at this level and Smudger has already showed he was out of his depth.
Hardly setting Earlswood Town alight since, hey? GJ would do a better job.

Nah, we want to someone who will continue the great work of Graham Hyde....not destroy it like what happened at the start of the last season.

Anyway, are you not interested in your club?
1 point off relegation saved on the last day (even though you lost again)...massive income reduction next season....you have a lot to comment on?
Oh, I forgot, you dont post on your own team's forum...wierd or what?

Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor on Tue May 01, 2012 8:18 am

I think you’re the one medication Steve your credibility has well and truly smashed to pieces and now you’re on here chasing your tail all over again. Your confidant Swan obviously forgot to tell you his plans when you were discussing how hooked he was the other day, well he’s made you look a complete fool and not for the first time.

Steve Farmer had only been managing Griff and yet everyone is raving at the job he’s done with a bunch of no hopers from Nuneaton Griff in the MFC. You have to give people a chance especially when you have no money and your main focus is just staying alive.

When Paul Smith went to Earlswood they were second from bottom and have now finish a credible eighth playing against sides with huge budgets like RCW, Bolehall & Southam. Not bad going I would have thought after all they are hardly a fashionable club and it’s their first season in the Premier.

You say you want some one to continue the great work of Graham Hyde, excuse me while I have a chuckle, surely it was Paul Smith as assistant and while having no say in running the team who brought in some of your best players, he provided the tools for others to misuse while never getting a chance himself.

I do post on my own forum you just have not worked out who I am and we began cutting our cloth months ago so try to keep up with current events over there.

Anyone looking at this seasons events and reading your posts will clearly see you are a fool who has no idea at all. Yes you have good intentions and you post with a passion but that said you are still just a village idiot in all honesty and I think Swan must agree because he obviously treats you like the fool you are.

Rowly and Smudger know more about local football and local players throughout the various steps of local non league football than anyone I can think of, they are also popular and well respected by their piers and don’t deserve the insults you throw in their direction.

Give them £1500 and they would easily make Redditch a top ten team with young local players who want to play for Redditch rather than for money.

Is that not what you want Steve

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born on Tue May 01, 2012 8:36 am

Rowly and Smudger know more about local football and local players throughout the various steps of local non league football than anyone I can think of, they are also popular and well respected by their piers and don’t deserve the insults you throw in their direction.

Couldn't bare Rowlys write ups in the standard again!!!!!
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Tue May 01, 2012 8:46 am

Mrs Moor wrote:I think you’re the one medication Steve your credibility has well and truly smashed to pieces and now you’re on here chasing your tail all over again. Your confidant Swan obviously forgot to tell you his plans when you were discussing how hooked he was the other day, well he’s made you look a complete fool and not for the first time.

Steve Farmer had only been managing Griff and yet everyone is raving at the job he’s done with a bunch of no hopers from Nuneaton Griff in the MFC. You have to give people a chance especially when you have no money and your main focus is just staying alive.

When Paul Smith went to Earlswood they were second from bottom and have now finish a credible eighth playing against sides with huge budgets like RCW, Bolehall & Southam. Not bad going I would have thought after all they are hardly a fashionable club and it’s their first season in the Premier.

You say you want some one to continue the great work of Graham Hyde, excuse me while I have a chuckle, surely it was Paul Smith as assistant and while having no say in running the team who brought in some of your best players, he provided the tools for others to misuse while never getting a chance himself.

I do post on my own forum you just have not worked out who I am and we began cutting our cloth months ago so try to keep up with current events over there.

Anyone looking at this seasons events and reading your posts will clearly see you are a fool who has no idea at all. Yes you have good intentions and you post with a passion but that said you are still just a village idiot in all honesty and I think Swan must agree because he obviously treats you like the fool you are.

Give them £1500 and they would easily make Redditch a top ten team with young local players who want to play for Redditch rather than for money.

Is that not what you want Steve

So why aren't Rowly or Smith doing it at this level already?
Or never before?

1 line answer please.
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor on Tue May 01, 2012 9:11 am

Is that a serious question Steve, Paul Smith has only just finished playing the game.

Paul and Kev took XXX to the top of the MFC, they then went to Church and took them to a fantastic position before the budget was pulled and then you came along and grabbed Paul to be your assistant Manager.

My point was that if people rave about Farmer why not Rave about Kev and Paul because on a level playing field they were better, simple as that.

Stop insulting their record and ability it stands up and they are a good bet for a side with £1500 a week.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Tue May 01, 2012 10:23 am

Mrs Moor wrote:Is that a serious question Steve, Paul Smith has only just finished playing the game.

Paul and Kev took XXX to the top of the MFC, they then went to Church and took them to a fantastic position before the budget was pulled and then you came along and grabbed Paul to be your assistant Manager.

My point was that if people rave about Farmer why not Rave about Kev and Paul because on a level playing field they were better, simple as that.

Stop insulting their record and ability it stands up and they are a good bet for a side with £1500 a week.

So much for a 1 line answer Crying with laughter
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Tue May 01, 2012 10:30 am

redditch born wrote:Rowly and Smudger know more about local football and local players throughout the various steps of local non league football than anyone I can think of, they are also popular and well respected by their piers and don’t deserve the insults you throw in their direction.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Tue May 01, 2012 10:32 am

MM, sure Solihoof really cut their budget during the season by signing Danny Spencer, Darren Byfield and the likes?

Was Smon Johnson earning top whack then? Rolling Eyes
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor on Wed May 02, 2012 9:41 am

I would still go with Paul Smith & Kev Rowly, but a rising star who has worked without a budget and proved without doubt he's very good is......................

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-warwickshire-sport/coventry-warwickshire-non-league-footbal/other-non-league-football/2012/05/01/midland-alliance-football-coventry-sphinx-boss-danny-mcsheffrey-steps-down-92746-30875401/

Don't hang about though Mr Swan

I love you

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger15 on Thu May 03, 2012 12:49 am

Mrs Moor dont be fooled Cov Sphinx had an above average budget for that league and still did not win it.

Anyway I wish everyone would stop judging managers on how much money they have worked with.

The money helps granted but you need to know players 1st and foremost and then you have to get them to play for you regardless of how much they pick up. I read every week about Farmer at Bedworth telling everyone how small his budget is compared to others we all know its bxxxxcks as Bellingham Corbett Bates Roper etc dont come cheap but he has still got them buying into his methods and winning games.

Give me a manager who knows players and plays the game in the right way all day long over someone who has a reputation of working to a tight budget but wins nothing.

Trigger15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor on Thu May 03, 2012 4:08 pm

Swan is desperate to announce Hendrie, it's all down to the cash.................... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born on Thu May 03, 2012 4:32 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:Swan is desperate to announce Hendrie, it's all down to the cash.................... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

He should chuck in a couple of school girls! Very Happy Very Happy
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger15 on Fri May 04, 2012 1:39 am

Got told last night in the pub that Cadden has left Stratford Town and is on route to Redditch.

Trigger15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  V.C. on Fri May 04, 2012 5:13 am

Mrs Moor as you are such a footballing expert, perhaps you could tell us of your management expertise so that you could be considered for the job.

V.C.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Fri May 04, 2012 7:50 am

V.C. wrote:Mrs Moor as you are such a footballing expert, perhaps you could tell us of your management expertise so that you could be considered for the job.

what a good idea, although they wont because they wont have nothing to moan about then will they??
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri May 04, 2012 8:59 am

redditch born wrote:Rowly and Smudger know more about local football and local players throughout the various steps of local non league football than anyone I can think of, they are also popular and well respected by their piers and don’t deserve the insults you throw in their direction.

piers? the ones you walk along at the seaside??

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Fri May 04, 2012 9:28 am

Trigger15 wrote:Got told last night in the pub that Cadden has left Stratford Town and is on route to Redditch.

I hope not!!!

http://www.stratfordtown.net/Default.aspx?id=558466
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker on Fri May 04, 2012 2:42 pm

Leethall wrote:
Trigger15 wrote:Got told last night in the pub that Cadden has left Stratford Town and is on route to Redditch.

I hope not!!!
Why not?

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top