Hyde's gone

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hyde's gone

Post  ted striker on Tue May 01, 2012 3:22 pm

Regardless of the relative merits of Graham Hyde, Curly, Mark Fenemore, Paul Smith, Martin Sockett, Simon Redhead, Matt Gardiner, John Snape, and anyone I might have missed who has occupied either the no1 or no2 spot at the Valley since Gary Whild moved to Kiddy, I think that Graham's departure is unfortunate in the extreme, bringing about yet another change in the managerial regime and guaranteeing further wholesale rebuilding of the squad, more even than the usual ins and outs of any non-league club in the close season.

The number of times that we have been forced to look for a new manager in recent years makes the casual observer and occasional attendee such as myself look at this club and think, "Tinpot, there's no way I'm giving them my hard-earned cash." I have no idea what our budget was at the start of the season, I have no idea how many times it has gone up or down, or by how much, although I know that many people have made claims on this forum as to what we have been spending - but I choose to ignore all such claims as I don't have any faith that any of these statements are based on anything more than "he said, she said", conjecture about budgets based on relative league positions and the alignment of the moon in Uranus.

What I do know is that Redditch United is a business, and it has a product to sell. I, as a buyer, have no faith that the product will perform as advertised, but I do know for a fact that I can't ask for my money back. Therefore, I'll be buying my product elsewhere. I hope that Redditch United will prosper next season, and for many more to come, and I'll be following their results as I have this season, and I'm sure I'll still read and occasionally post on this forum, but unless I'm there on reporting duty, I don't see me going to watch the Reds again for a long time.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born on Tue May 01, 2012 4:08 pm

ted striker wrote:Regardless of the relative merits of Graham Hyde, Curly, Mark Fenemore, Paul Smith, Martin Sockett, Simon Redhead, Matt Gardiner, John Snape, and anyone I might have missed who has occupied either the no1 or no2 spot at the Valley since Gary Whild moved to Kiddy, I think that Graham's departure is unfortunate in the extreme, bringing about yet another change in the managerial regime and guaranteeing further wholesale rebuilding of the squad, more even than the usual ins and outs of any non-league club in the close season.

The number of times that we have been forced to look for a new manager in recent years makes the casual observer and occasional attendee such as myself look at this club and think, "Tinpot, there's no way I'm giving them my hard-earned cash." I have no idea what our budget was at the start of the season, I have no idea how many times it has gone up or down, or by how much, although I know that many people have made claims on this forum as to what we have been spending - but I choose to ignore all such claims as I don't have any faith that any of these statements are based on anything more than "he said, she said", conjecture about budgets based on relative league positions and the alignment of the moon in Uranus.

What I do know is that Redditch United is a business, and it has a product to sell. I, as a buyer, have no faith that the product will perform as advertised, but I do know for a fact that I can't ask for my money back. Therefore, I'll be buying my product elsewhere. I hope that Redditch United will prosper next season, and for many more to come, and I'll be following their results as I have this season, and I'm sure I'll still read and occasionally post on this forum, but unless I'm there on reporting duty, I don't see me going to watch the Reds again for a long time.

Ted I'm begining to think the same!
Watch Reds this year with my grand kids I first watched Reds with my grand dad that's 5 generations watching Redditch and I can't remember being this dissapointed after a season? The expectations we all had have turned to dust big talk no action I to migjt go somewear els . Sad day when people who have been brought up on Redditch are thinking of going some wear else
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 on Wed May 02, 2012 2:25 am

http://www.redditchadvertiser.co.uk/sport/redditchunited/evo_stik_southern_premier_2011_2012/reports/9682318.Redditch_begin_search_for_new_boss_after_Hyde_s_shock_departure/

Was definitely over the budget for next season then.
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger15 on Wed May 02, 2012 4:55 am

Des Little is available after leaving Hucknall Town. Still lives in the midlands i believe.

Bedworth won 2-1 last night Mark Bellighmam scored 2 in the final 15 mins so Farmer may not be an option.

Trigger15
Midland Combination League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Wed May 02, 2012 9:29 am

Rowly has the contacts, Mrs Moor is obsessed with Redditch United and clearly holds the club close... why aren't these two hired already?!
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Thu May 03, 2012 11:09 am

Curly as manager???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommo on Thu May 03, 2012 12:51 pm

in2thevalley wrote:Curly as manager???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I really hope not Crying or Very sad
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Thu May 03, 2012 1:20 pm

in2thevalley wrote:Curly as manager???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I would prefer Rowly...

*off to see doctor now
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:20 pm

Graham Hyde joins Boston Utd as Jason Lee's Assistant Manager

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=85448
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:51 am

Good move for Graham.
Will look out for their results as I thought they had some financial restrictions?

Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top