Post  Red86 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:26 am

On the redditch site Shocked

Red86
Midland Combination League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hyde's gone

Post  fingers on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:52 am

Effective immediately Graham Hyde at his own request is stepping down as first team manager of Redditch United. The Club thanks him for his support in the revitalisation of Redditch United and we depart as good friends.

The wording suggests he has gone altogether - what about the community/coaching role?

Four managers have now left RUFC inside 12 months.
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:13 am

Suggests he has another job in football lined up.
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:15 am

I had heard Telford as coach alongside Andy Sinton, but only a rumour, nothing concrete.

fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:19 am

fingers wrote:I had heard Telford as coach alongside Andy Sinton, but only a rumour, nothing concrete.

I am not surprised really although I think he would learn more managing and having had 1 season it was good experience.

Will be interesting as to who will be in place next season, perfect opportunity IMO is to get Westy in
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch_Reject on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:43 am

I reckon he might bring Redhead back.
Redditch_Reject
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:07 am

Redditch_Reject wrote:I reckon he might bring Redhead back.

Interesting you say that as he was at the last game of the season, not a bad shout though!
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:09 am

I am not too surprised with this announcement.

It was going to be super tough on any manager creating a side on our budget.
With no increase in budget, it is going to be super tough again.

I think Graham took the job very personally and to go through another season with very limited resources is obviously not for him.

I am dissapointed and wish him well....big miss for me....but not time to look back, time to look forward.

I would go and get Westy this afternoon.
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:22 am

Well, Redhead got a pretty useful team together in the BSN (the basis of the one we had this season) with no budget at all so any money they give him would be a bonus for him !

I thought he should have been given the chance anyway, but equally Westy would be a good call, local and with masses of contacts I would think.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:52 am

No budget increase Bob?
I heard it was decreased.

Heard Hyde went to the meeting intent on going for the league next season with an increased budget, asking for 3K and was told it was going to be half that.
Expressed his concerns about another seasons struggle, at which point Chris Swan shook his hand and wished him all the best.

Redhead as next one? Chris Swan doesnt even like him so how will that work?
Paul West? Stuggled at Evesham this season with 2K hows he going to do on 1.5? watched quite a few of Stratford Towns games towards the end of the season.

What are Swans REAL intentions for the club and its direction and goals?

Community wise.......
How dare Chrs Swan give so much responsibilty to Hyde with our towns community, only to get to this stage!
He was doing work with the youngsters of the town, EX PRO HYDE...... rides off into the sunset. Good Riddance!

Why oh why does the club continue to shoot itself in the foot?
The little kids who were final day mascots and lead the 1st team onto the pitch Saturday, can someone at the club tell me why those kids parents were charged £6 to get into the ground to see it? Shocking

So here we are, end of Swans 1st season
various managers
budget increases
local talent aborted
gates no better
various positions within the club being sacked
football no better
struggled staying in the league we were told he wanted to get the club out of this season
searching for a new manager again

OK so i may have been a little pessimistic at the start.... but how foolish am i looking right now? Not the biggest fool by a long way!
Head against wall
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:03 am

Rowly for Manager! Cup Cup
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Townsend on Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:10 am

Sad to see a text this morning poor blokes been held back all season with village footballers( curly & Fenners)as his number 2
Heard that curly's interim while club find new boss not the first time curly's interrimming please RUFC look else where because all the village boy does is stad people where it hurts good luck Graham! Beer Cheers

Marcus Townsend
Sunday League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SID SNOT on Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:15 am

Heggs or Preece for me.
SID SNOT
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommo on Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:28 am

gutted but not shocked. I think anyone who attended saturday night knew this was coming, was a proper weird atmosphere. I dont think its the end of the world as long someone is brought in quickly and given until christmas at least.

this also poses the question of where i'll be going to watch tommy warmer play next season now he is guaranteed to leave No Mad Sad
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy on Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:47 am

I agree with Rowly in that I think Paul West would want a bigger budget. Although he would be a very popular choice, would he want to be involved in another relegation scrap? Probably not.

The bottom line is that if the club can only afford to pay £1500 a week, then it can only afford to pay £1500 a week. For a £3000 budget, it would mean Chris Swan chipping in £1500 a week out of his own pocket. Why should he do that? There is a mentality amongst football fans that chairmen / boards of directors have a duty to bankroll their football clubs. This is why there are an awful lot of football clubs out there in a financial mess!!!!

To be fair to the chairman, he has said from day one that he wasn’t going to pour his own money into the playing budget. Nothing has changed. Maybe he has topped up the playing budget. Maybe he has pushed the boat out with Lee Hendrie to help us avoid the drop. But ultimately, he wants the club to be sustainable and self sufficient.

Next season will be another relegation battle, with poor crowds and poor football. But hopefully now, Mr. Swan realises that crowds are not going to improve because a lot of people are not going to pay £10 to watch the standard of football that we have seen for most games this season.

With little or no financial intervention, fighting relegation at this level is probably the clubs ‘natural level’.
del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:02 am

Surely... Surely there must be a man, or woman out there that could form a winning team on a tight budget!!

Got to be... or maybe i'm just clutching at straws, because i, like many reds fans won't want another repeat of this season... No
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:30 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:No budget increase Bob?
I heard it was decreased.

Heard Hyde went to the meeting intent on going for the league next season with an increased budget, asking for 3K and was told it was going to be half that.
Expressed his concerns about another seasons struggle, at which point Chris Swan shook his hand and wished him all the best.

Redhead as next one? Chris Swan doesnt even like him so how will that work?
Paul West? Stuggled at Evesham this season with 2K hows he going to do on 1.5? watched quite a few of Stratford Towns games towards the end of the season.

What are Swans REAL intentions for the club and its direction and goals?

Community wise.......
How dare Chrs Swan give so much responsibilty to Hyde with our towns community, only to get to this stage!
He was doing work with the youngsters of the town, EX PRO HYDE...... rides off into the sunset. Good Riddance!

Why oh why does the club continue to shoot itself in the foot?
The little kids who were final day mascots and lead the 1st team onto the pitch Saturday, can someone at the club tell me why those kids parents were charged £6 to get into the ground to see it? Shocking

So here we are, end of Swans 1st season
various managers
budget increases
local talent aborted
gates no better
various positions within the club being sacked
football no better
struggled staying in the league we were told he wanted to get the club out of this season
searching for a new manager again

OK so i may have been a little pessimistic at the start.... but how foolish am i looking right now? Not the biggest fool by a long way!
Head against wall

What's your point, Rowly?
Graham resigned.
Mr Swan can not promise money the club does not have...that is what happened in the past and should never be repeated.

Are you saying Mr Swan does not know what he is doing by standing by the budget from the revenues the club generate?
We can always go back to 'budget's are not rocket science' approach...yeah, right.

I am 100% sure Mr Swan wanted Graham to continue and build on the momentum from the last quarter of the season...Graham did not want to do that without better resources...the club can not provide better resources, so decision made and Graham moves on.

I bang my drum again...the club should never go back to the mis-management of the past.
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:49 am

Leethall wrote:
fingers wrote:I had heard Telford as coach alongside Andy Sinton, but only a rumour, nothing concrete.

I am not surprised really although I think he would learn more managing and having had 1 season it was good experience.

Will be interesting as to who will be in place next season, perfect opportunity IMO is to get Westy in

Paul had a meeting with Mr Swan a few months ago when he was offered the job. Pauls words not mine. Iv just left 1 lot of jokers not going to get involved with another lot!

Don't think we will be seeing Westy???
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:27 pm

Absolute Tosh.
I don't want West. I don't think the club does either.
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:51 pm

redditch born wrote:
Leethall wrote:

Paul had a meeting with Mr Swan a few months ago when he was offered the job. Pauls words not mine. Iv just left 1 lot of jokers not going to get involved with another lot!

Don't think we will be seeing Westy???

Fair enough, you obviously know him and have been told that. My view was he is a Redditch lad and would fit the bill of having somebody from the town and who has managed at this level. Even if he had 2k a week at Evesham he probably did not quite achieve what he could but a couple of seasons ago they were decent.

Fair enough comment from Westy if that is his view!
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommo on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:49 pm

does this mean hydey's not playing the supporters game? Laughing
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:54 pm

Dreading next season already, we need a replacement and fast who can start putting together a squad together in time for next season.

Until we find/create some strong revenue streams (ie the 3G pitch idea) then I can see next season being a bigger struggle than this one.

Good luck to Graham for the future!

Admin

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:56 pm

Tommo wrote:does this mean hydey's not playing the supporters game? Laughing

He wasn't anyway mate, I asked him Saturday night so I could ask DJ to play me on the opposite side of the pitch Smile

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:58 pm

Rowly & Leethall joint venture for the 2012/13 season Cup

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch_Reject on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:59 pm

What do we think this means for the squad? How do you reckon will stay?

Also, what about Paul Hendrie for the job? He would keep two important players which would help Smile
Redditch_Reject
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top