How can this happen?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How can this happen?

Post  OnePostOnly on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:02 am

I've heard rumours that Graham Hyde will be leaving Redditch United and the budget will be the same for next season. This means a few things; This season has been a complete waste of time and money for the loyal supporters of your club, Key players will leave, the players that are only there for Graham, and it may leave even more considering their future's at the club, and it will set the club back 12 months. I read the back pages and it seems that with a few hundered pounds a week extra, and Graham at the helm, you will be pushing for play-offs. I'm hoping that this is just a rumour and the club surely can't consider letting Graham go? It seems that you've just suvived this season, and it will be a massive setback for everyone involved in the club if he walks. I'm not intent on stirring things, i'm sure it's been a tough season for the fans, i just think it's right that you fans are aware of the going's on.

All the best.

OnePostOnly
Sunday League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How can this happen?

Post  rawlings09 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:31 am

Head against wall No I hope this is bollocks...

Tommy Warmer said he's only there beause of Graham, as are Tes and Alex Hickman...

This can't be true Head against wall
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch_Reject on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:53 am

If Swan gets rid of Graham then it will be the worst thing he ever does. Since Whild left we've had five managers in two seasons and we've finally got stability. Head against wall Head against wall Head against wall Head against wall
Redditch_Reject
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:25 am

If this is true, then I am shocked and amazed. I felt that under Graham we were actually going in the right

direction, after what has been a very difficult season. We had an enthusiastic manager who by his own

admission has made mistakes this season, but he has gradually turned it around. The key was consistency and

continuity, which is the bench mark for a sucessful season. Having seen the vast majority of games and been

to many training sessions, it was very evident how knowledgable Graham was and how keen he was to pass this

onto the players, who in turn were eager to listen to what he had to say. Graham had built the nucleus of a

potentially good team which would have progressed nicely in the following seasons. As I have stated earlier

shocked and amazed !!! One step forward and two back.
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:42 am

FFS……. these are rumours from a first time poster. Treat it with the disdain that it deserves.
del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:42 pm

Rumours like this will always be around whilst we have to respect a very tight playing budget.

Mr Swan "well done Graham....now,how are you going to get us mid table next season?"

Mr Hyde "well I was hoping for a 3k budget to compete with the other top teams"

Mr Swan "well that's not going to happen as this Redditch and we only spend what we can afford. Just because I drive a Porsche doesn't mean I will throw money down the drain. With attendances averaging 250 and no new sponsors, the playing budget remains the same"

Mr Hyde "I don't want another season like this one so you better get it sorted"

This conversation is happening at every club right now who have realized chasing dreams is very expensive with no return. It wouldn't surprise me one iota this is the basis of this rumour.
We can not spend money based on what ifs and maybes...been there, done that.....this is reality....tough, but reality.

I hope Graham stays as I really rate him as a leader and manager.....but reality is we can not compete financially with the top teams in this league.
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:16 am

I guess I owe 'onetimepost' an apology!!!! Embarassed

Last edited by del boy on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:27 am

del boy wrote:I guess I owe onetimeposter an apology!!!! Embarassed

Laughing
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:37 pm

If we manage to keep hold of some key players, keep the budget the same and add a connected manager with non league in his blood......who knows?

The next few weeks will prove critical for next season IMO.

Admin

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Tue May 01, 2012 8:47 am

Having had time to clam down and reflect on the events which have been happening at RUFC, I wish Graham

well in his next venture, and hope to see the new manager appointed soon, and will be fully behind them from

the start.
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Tue May 01, 2012 10:47 am

It would be good if it was concluded in a timely manner and an appointment is made to improve the club. I just worry with the amount of change we keep seeing at the club that does not help!
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Tue May 01, 2012 11:07 am

Leethall wrote:It would be good if it was concluded in a timely manner and an appointment is made to improve the club. I just worry with the amount of change we keep seeing at the club that does not help!

Couldn't agree with you more. We certainly need stability and continuity particularily after the few seasons we

have endured.
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top